A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Meeting Chiron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female
Number of posts : 43512
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/25/2013, 3:37 pm

"A good demigod? Why, yes; you haven't been murdering other people, so in my book you're a fine one. Are we friends?" Chiron shifted around in his wheelchair form, wondering if a teacher could necessarily be 'friends' with one of his students -- it was possible, he supposed, but he felt just like a friendly teacher to his pupils. "Well, you are one of my pupils in this camp -- I would consider us as having a good teacher-student relationship. Friendship may be a stretch, but it is possible it does exist between us."

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Role Playing Legend
Mason

Male
Number of posts : 11340
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/25/2013, 3:45 pm

Nick smiled. "Thanks, Chiron. Well, I might take a rest before jumping to going to see Rachel. Bye, Chiron. Have a good day." He left on his crutches.

Suddenly, a random Aphrodite girl came in, screaming. "MY BOYFRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME!" she screamed, crying.

(Sorry, I had to xD)

Mystery Box Prizes: 3 monster attacks, a name change, god parent visit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/25/2013, 4:52 pm

Chiron frowned at the Aphrodite girl, pursing his lips into a thin line. "That's... very unpleasant. But I'm not the person to talk to about it."

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female
Number of posts : 10415
Registration date : 2012-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 4:31 pm

Lenore entered chitons office, her young face showing fear as her blue hair was tacked behind her ear. She was nervous, scared, and didn't like the fact that she had to see the centaur alone but it had to e done. "C...Chiron"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 4:46 pm

"Yes, Lenore?" Chiron lowered the newspaper to look at the young demigod, his glasses balanced precariously on the edge of his nose. He let half the paper fall to push it up to its proper place, still looking at the girl standing before him. "Is there a problem? You look... tense."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 4:56 pm

"I...I....I've been....having dreams....and m...my curse" she stammered. "Ch...Chiron. I don't know what to do, my dreams are all ghastly, and I don't know..." She sighed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:00 pm

"Your curse? Ghastly dreams? Child, you'll need to be much more specific than that, I might be the activities director but I don't know everything about everybody -- would you like some tea to help you calm down?" Chiron was folding the newspaper into a neat square to lay out on his desk, smoothing out the edges between his fingers; clearly, he wasn't going to get much reading done at this rate.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellaxya
hellaxya

Male
Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:08 pm

(Ooc: i am now changing point of view

BIc: i sneak in silently and try to catch Lenores eye. I see Her sobbing to Chiron, telling him about her dreams. I try to stay out of Chirons view, but i know sooner or later he would see me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mythcentral.forumotion.com/
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:09 pm

Lenore took a deep breathe, getting over her fear of the centaur, over the fear of everything in the camp and in the world. She summoned the small amount of courage she contained within her thin, pretty body. "I've been having dreams of darkness, an unsightly bird of the Plutonian shore...itall relates to my curse which is in writing here" she brought out her complete collection of Edgar Allen poe ad opened it to the poem.

Lenore
Ah, broken is the golden bowl! the spirit flown forever!
Let the bell toll!- a saintly soul floats on the Stygian river;
And, Guy de Vere, hast thou no tear?- weep now or nevermore!
See! on yon drear and rigid bier low lies thy love, Lenore!
Come! let the burial rite be read- the funeral song be sung!-
An anthem for the queenliest dead that ever died so young-
A dirge for her the doubly dead in that she died so young.

"Wretches! ye loved her for her wealth and hated her for her pride,
And when she fell in feeble health, ye blessed her- that she died!
How shall the ritual, then, be read?- the requiem how be sung
By you- by yours, the evil eye,- by yours, the slanderous tongue
That did to death the innocence that died, and died so young?"

Peccavimus; but rave not thus! and let a Sabbath song
Go up to God so solemnly the dead may feel no wrong.
The sweet Lenore hath "gone before," with Hope, that flew beside,
Leaving thee wild for the dear child that should have been thy
bride.
For her, the fair and debonair, that now so lowly lies,
The life upon her yellow hair but not within her eyes
The life still there, upon her hair- the death upon her eyes.

"Avaunt! avaunt! from fiends below, the indignant ghost is riven-
From Hell unto a high estate far up within the Heaven-
From grief and groan, to a golden throne, beside the King of
Heaven!
Let no bell toll, then,- lest her soul, amid its hallowed mirth,
Should catch the note as it doth float up from the damned Earth!
And I!- to-night my heart is light!- no dirge will I upraise,
But waft the angel on her flight with a Paean of old days!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:16 pm

ooc: You're gonna need to translate that into layman's terms, dear.

bic:

Chiron frowned as he listened to Lenore recite the Edgar Allan Poe poem, digging through his mind to remember if Poe had ever gone to camp here. Maybe -- he couldn't remember, but then again, Poe seemed like the type to stay in his cabin and read and write all day, rather than train with the rest of the campers unless dragged forcibly. He would have been a child of one of the Muses or maybe Athena, if his skill at writing was an indication of his godly parent; stroking his beard, Chiron nodded slowly as he mentally went over the poem again. "It's an interesting poem, Lenore -- yet are you assuming the poem is directly about you, or is it just the best description you've found?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellaxya
hellaxya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:17 pm

Grace silently hug her head. A tear dropped onto the floor. "I need to comfort her but, i don't know what to do!" She thought looking at Lenore as she recited her poem/fate.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:26 pm

Lenore nodded "it is directly about me, my name and the poems name are the same, as well as the context is about me. I will die young, I will be laughed at as I die. I am already humiliated on a daily basis, if you look at in depth it is, about me, I know it is" she said, further explaining the poem for a few more minutes before stopping, looking for his reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:38 pm

Chiron raised his eyebrows at Lenore, not sure whether to feel incredulous or just call the girl plain-out insane, though of course there have been stranger things that happened to people in camp. He rolled his wheelchair back a bit so he was within arm's reach of a large bookshelf, chock-full of dusty old notebooks and records of camp. "There is a possibility that you were just named Lenore as a coincidence or even homage to the poem, and just because you are humiliated now does not mean you will be while dying. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that the poem's context is about you, but I'll need to look up Poe and see if we've anything about him having a sort of... prophetic talent? I suppose that's what you'd call it."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 5:43 pm

She nodded, looking down. "He's also my ancestor" she told the centaur, unsure what else to say or do. She hated being so shy, so Unaccepted. Perhaps she just needed to calm down and rethink her life so everything could make sense. Yeah, maybe that would be it! "Chiron, I'm positive this poem is about me, there is no doubt in my mind" she said calmly as she took a deep breathe to calm herself down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 8:51 pm

Chiron nodded at her to acknowledge her conviction as he wheeled himself backward and halfway around to face the bookshelf of records. If she believed this so firmly, Chiron wasn't going to crush her beliefs without any definitive proof. He leaned close to the books and frowned at the dates on each record book, some faded and dusty to the point where they would tear apart very, very easily if he even touched them. But those weren't the ones he was looking for; he reached out and touched the spine of a book of records from the 1820s-1840s. "As his descendant, may I ask if you can supply me with the knowledge of his birth year?"

ooc: I'm just gonna have him say he's mortal or say there's a torn out page in the book or whatever, but idk how you want me to play this out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 9:29 pm

"January 19, 1809" she replied, looking at him carefully. She wondered what the almighty verdict would be from Chiron, and couldn't help but admire the books upon his shelves. She watched him select books according to the date and waited, scared more than se usually was.

OOC: you can play it out however you want
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 9:44 pm

"Mhm." Chiron pulled out the 1820s-1840s record book and flipped it open, glancing at the little guide in the front to see what page the "P" last names started: page 89. He laid the open book in his lap and wheeled around to his desk, placing the book down on top of his folded newspaper and beginning to flip through the pages to the "P" section -- Pacer, Pack, Packard.... Chiron frowned as he flipped through the pages, but there was no Poe -- in fact.... "It appears one of the pages is torn out?" He pointed to the torn edge of a page, still stuck in the book as if carelessly torn out. "This could be Poe's page, but then again, it might not be. I can't find him in here otherwise."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellaxya
hellaxya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 9:46 pm

I quickly hid behind a chair when i saw Chiron get up to look at the books. "Wow" i whispered softly, amazed by how He could just pick a book and see every campers records. Suddenly i felt all the blood rush in my ears, 'did that mean he has all MY info?!?' I wondered, slightly embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 10:27 pm

Lenore nodded and looked at him. "So what should I do Chiron? I can't stand the dreams I've been having and I need to know if my curse is true. Please" she looked at him, her face showing visible fear as she waited. She knew grace was behind her but did not want to talk to anyone but Chiron at te moment, not caring that he had her records.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 10:48 pm

"Unfortunately," Chiron sighed, shutting the book with a snap, "I can neither confirm nor deny your curse is real without more information. However, as for your dreams, I may be able to suggest a solution: get a child of Morpheus or some other dream god to alter your dreams for you. That solution may not last long considering that they have their own limitations, but it's worth a shot." He dusted off his hands and leaned back in his wheelchair, folding his arms across his chest. The centaur didn't want to give Lenore any false hopes or bad ideas; he had little to go on besides her own word, which wasn't totally reliable even if Chiron wanted to believe her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellaxya
hellaxya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 10:55 pm

Ooc: can Grace jump in or....?
Back to top Go down
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 10:57 pm

"My sister suggested the oracle....would that be a wise idea?" She whispered slowly, he own fear of the oracle far greater than her fear of Chiron or Morpheus or anything else. The red head girl that could speak in the language of false words bewildered and terrified her. However, she didn't know if he would allow her to see the oracle or if she would have to sneak in or if she would just have to wait.

Ooc: yes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellaxya
hellaxya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 11:01 pm

Ooc: :D

BIC: "UMPH!".. And that was the sound of me hitting a trash can while trying to sneak out of the office quietly.
I looked up at Chiron and Lenore, then waved. "Umm, Mr. Chiron, i... Uh.. Am Lenores umm, 'Friend', and i.. I'm sorry sir but i think she.. She should see Rachel. I mean, if thats okay...?" I looked at Lenore and i felt my knees buckle as i spoke.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/26/2013, 11:02 pm

"The Oracle?" Chiron gave the two girls a stern look for a moment, before shaking his head. Contacting the Oracle now would be a bit foolish in his eyes; they didn't know the exact nature of what was going on, and they needed time to find out. "No, that won't be necessary for now. If the Oracle wants to talk to you, she'll find a way, whether it be me sending you a message to go to her or her finding you herself. We'll need time to figure out exactly what's going on; for all we know, another demigod could simply be harassing you. And next time, don't eavesdrop."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly
Role Playing Legend
Holly

Female

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime8/27/2013, 12:05 am

Lenore nodded, knowing she needed to talk to grace about eavesdropping once they were done. "T...thank you Chiron" she stammered and left his office, unsure of what to do now

OOC: taco, post in the library then Pm me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Chiron   Meeting Chiron - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting Chiron
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Big House :: Chiron's Office-