Starbucks

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Starbucks

Post by Josh on 1/27/2013, 3:37 pm

I looked over to Harley. She was destroying those monsters! They didn't stand a chance against her. She was stepping up to them and sending them straight to Tartarus, whether it be with the shadows or her umbrella. I was quite impressed, and was mesmerized by it all, I forgot to to deal with my own problems for a moment.

I turned back just in time to stop an oncoming claw. I quickly raised my bow and blocked it, whilst doing that though I notched the arrow and fired it close range, straight through the throat. The empousa was instantly sent down to Tartarus. I quickly turned around to be greeted by another. I blocked its attack with my bow, and then whipped the sword out and thrust it into the neck of it. I was definitely glad for all those training lessons now. I quickly fought my way through the monsters, slashing and cutting, until I was back to back with Harley. "Heya Neighbour." I said to her jokingly, to hide the fear in my voice. In all honesty, I was definitely terrified, there were so many of them. I wondered why there were so many.

Could it be more were attracted because Harley was a demi-titan? I wasn't sure. We weren't going to get out of this easily. I could still see more of them. I wasn't sure how many though. I could count at least another ten of them. At least. I wasn't sure of the exact number. I took a deep breath as I prepared to do battle with the rest.

Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3580
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on 1/29/2013, 9:50 pm

Harley panted... damn. She was using her powers too much again. She had a habit of showing off in front of people, but why not? It made her much cooler. She blinked her tired eyes and winced as something sharp pierced her gut. How did that get there!? An Empousa had quickly ambushed Harley while she was distracted. It's claws slowly sinking into her flesh. Anger and irritation flashed in Harley's eyes and the darkness rose to remove the monster from her personal space. Dark ribbons quickly coiled around the monster, the edges acting like razors, flaying the skin of the monster. Harley lifted her club quickly and eliminated the monster with a heavy strike from the spiked, black metal.
"Sup?" Harley smirked, as Ali came back to back with her. Her abdomen throbbed from the opened wound, but she pushed on. "I've got an idea, Hon." Harley began, eyeing the oncoming mob. "I'll work as a distraction. Confuse them and keep them busy with my powers, and you pick them off with your arrows." Harley said clutching her bleeding stomach. "Okay, go." Harley growled, not even waiting for an objection. She was like that. Determined and stubborn. It would have to work.

Harley lifted a pillar of shadows in the middle of the approaching mass of monsters. They broke formation and flew into a frenzy of dodging and fleeing as the large pillar of shadows began to branch out, raining down shadowy spears. The perfect distraction... but Harley wasn't exactly sure how much longer she could keep up like this. She began to worry, but not enough to do anything about it.
Jordan
Experienced Member

Male
Number of posts : 5139
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

*3 Free Slots*

Pending Mystery Box Prize:
Visit from a god parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 1/31/2013, 3:45 pm

I watch as Harley starts to do her own thing. I was going to say something to her. I wasn't sure if this was the greatest idea. She was definitely putting herself in too much danger. Still, she had her powers, and she was doing terrifically. Harley was literally ripping through the Empousa, the remaining ones anyway. The ones left were being flicked around. It spread them out though and put distance between them and me. This would mean I would be able to take them out easily whilst they were distracted with Harley.

I look at Harley again though, sweat was running down her forehead, she was getting tired I realised. She had been using her powers a lot though, I could understand she was getting tired. I also noticed she had a cut in her chest. As soon as I had a chance, I would have to examine it and try and heal it. I hadn't used my powers, I still had the energy to do so. She was really pushing herself though. The blood from her wound dripped down onto the floor. I had to move quickly, she would be losing blood, that could be seriously bad, plus a major disadvantage with the Empousa.

I raised my bow and aimed it. I notched the arrow, and pulled the bowstring back. I held it there under my chin, as I focused. I was aimed at one, but I saw another about to rush Harley. I quickly flicked over and fired the arrow. It flew just past Harley's head. I didn't gasp or anything, I knew it wouldn't hit her, if there was a risk of that, I wouldn't have taken the shot. The arrow landed between the eyes of the Empousa, which quickly collapsed away to nothing. I fired another couple arrows into another Empousa, and some more into another. I took out three with single shots, and about another three or four with multiple arrows. That had taken out a chuck of them.

I swung my bow over my shoulder and took out my sword and dashed forward to Harley. I cut through one of the monsters on my way to her, and again I was side by side with her. "Your chest! How painful is it?! Are you okay?! Can you continue?" I said to her rapidly, before turning and stabbing another Empousa in the chest. It let out a gasping noise, but still stepped forward, going deeper into the sword. It had a wicked grin on its face. With my free hand, I grabbed an arrow from the quiver and thrust it down into the head of the monster, before wrenching the sword free and stabbing it again. It faded there, and the arrow clattered down onto the floor.

Josh
The Genius

Male

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on 2/2/2013, 3:36 pm

Harley rolled her eyes. "I'm cool. Stop whimpin' out." She snapped and smashed an empousa over the head with her club. There weren't too many left now only 5, but Harley's arms were feeling shaky. She was losing too much energy. The shadows around her receded and she took in a shaky breath. She hurled her club across the road and eliminated another monster. Four left. Harley whipped her arms forward and the shadows expelled four large spikes. The spikes only rose five feet before disintegrating. The demigod's knees buckled and she fell to the ground. Her hands stopped her fall. Soft skin gave way to the rough stone as blood began to leak from her palms and knees. Her arms gave out too, and she collapsed on her side. Hopelessly watching Ali fight.
Jordan
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

*3 Free Slots*

Visit from a god parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 2/2/2013, 4:47 pm

I watched as Harley used the last of her energy up. I watched the club destroy one of them, then I watched her try to summon some spikes. The spikes faded quickly and didn't rise very high. She was done. I watched as Harley collapsed onto the floor. She was staring up helplessly at me. I screamed out, I yelled. I dived over to her. I quickly begun to try and heal her.

The four remaining empousa were closing in. I was healing her up as much as I could. The tears were streaming down my face, I no longer cared about being the tough girl, I liked Harley, I wasn't going to let this happen. "Stay with me Harley! We're going to get through this!" I dropped my sword to the floor beside me, and focused entirely on the healing. I was focusing on the wound in her chest first. The bleeding was slowly stopping, but it hadn't entirely.

I wasn't paying attention to what was going on behind me, so whilst I was healing, I suddenly felt my hair being pulled back and then a sharp thrust going through my back. I screamed out in pain, and collapsed onto Harley, stopping the healing process. In pain, I grabbed my sword, rolled over and slashed at the beast. It stumbled back, and it was bleeding, but still going. I threw my sword at it, and it stabbed it in the chest. It grinned wickedly me. I got my bow back out, and through all the pain fired the arrow. That finally killed the creature.

I fired another arrow, hitting one of the other three. And another and another, killing it. Two left. I fired one arrow, and that was hit true and killed it in one, but then the pain was too great. I dropped my bow and collapsed back onto the floor. I managed to turn back over towards Harley, my vision blurred from the tears, but I managed to hold my hands over her again and continued to heal her. There was one empousa left, but I couldn't do anything, I was done. I had managed to heal her chest wound, but that was it, I collapsed there and looked at Harley, both of us lying there on the street, and then I said, "I'm sorry." I gasped for air. The blood was pouring out of my back, there was nothing I could do about that at this time. My tears dropped to the floor. I looked at Harley, I wondered if there was any hope or whether this would be where I died. Was I ready to die? I wasn't sure. I smiled though, thinking about all we had achieved today.

To think, at first I had just walked in to Starbucks for a coffee, and then to meet Harley, a demi-titan. Then, the ordeal with the first Empousai, and then the horde outside. We'd done well, and we were down to one more. Would that be what finished us? The last one. I couldn't believe it to be so, but I couldn't do anything. I managed to look over my shoulder for just a moment, just to see the Empousa getting closer to me. At least whilst it was attacking me, Harley would be able to escape. As long as one of us got out of here, it would be okay. I had been looking over my shoulder for too long, and my head collapsed back down to the floor. I looked back over to Harley once more time and tried to smile, but all I could manage was a very faint, small one.

Josh
The Genius

Male

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on 2/2/2013, 5:50 pm

Harley choked as the gaping wound on her torso began to close. Her eyes focused on something above her and she realized it was Ali. Had she eliminated the rest of the monsters? No. Ali was wrenched away by one of them. Claws ripping into her back. Harley raged, trying to find any kind of energy to help but her body refused... Harley blanked out for a moment or two, catching glimpses of Ali's fight with the last few.

Harley watched helplessly as Ali slumped back down next to her... she whispered an apology as the last monster inched forward. No. It wouldn't end like this. Harley exercised the last bit of strength she had with in her and stood slowly. The monster grinning wildly. Harley lifted her hands weakly and the darkness responded to her movements and expelled ten shadowy poles, converging at the top. Harley smiled as the empousa was stuck behind a cage of shadows. But not for long. "Time to die, you b****." Harley growled. She dropped her hands quickly and the cage began to produce dozens of black needles which stabbed repeatedly into the monster. Poof. The monster turned to dust. Harley sighed heavily and moved over to Ali. "Wake up! You can't quit on me!" She said urgently. She didn't have the strength to get Ali out, she had no idea what to do...
Jordan
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

*3 Free Slots*

Visit from a god parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 2/2/2013, 7:30 pm

I heard a sound, somebody was talking to me. I mustered up all the strength I could and looked up to see Harley standing over me. She looked exhausted, and I was too, though I also felt awful and in a lot of pain. It took me a while, but I finally pieced together what she eas saying. I tried to stand up, but collapsed back down on the floor in pain. I then used my sword as a cane to help push myself up. It took a lot of strength and will but I was up and standing. Though I was ready to collapse again. But if Harley could keep going, so could I.

I switched my sword for my bow. It was larger and so would be better than the sword. I used my other hand to feel my back and I felt it was sticky. When I brought my hand back around it was all covered in blood. I was losing a lot of blood. I looked around, we were all done though. No more monsters, but we still needed to get out of here.

"What do we do?"I asked her slowly. Even short sentences were a real effort at the moment. We needed to get out of here quickly, but how?

Josh
The Genius

Male

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on 2/2/2013, 10:23 pm

She motioned for Ali to follow. Harley stepped in through the shattered window (after snatching her mace) and moved behind the Starbucks counter. She stumbled along the edge of the counter and looked out to the restaurant and noticed how empty... and destroyed it was. She quickly made herself an iced coffee and began to sip, the cold beverage refreshing her parched tongue. "I need to get my energy up and I can shadow travel, both of us, back to camp." She said taking another large gulp of the caffeinated beverage. "Grab a drink, refresh yourself, I'm buyin'." She said slapping a twenty on the counter. She was still banged up and bleeding, but Ali was bleeding more. She was a tad worried, but tried to remain cool.
Jordan
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

*3 Free Slots*

Visit from a god parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 2/3/2013, 11:48 am

I use my bow as a walking stick and push myself onwards after Harley. It was incredibly painful, but I wiped away the tears from earlier and kept going. I hid my pain as best as possible, but it was torture. I climbed through the window, but fell onto the otherside. I gasped in pain, and my hand reached my for my back. With the other hand, I pulled myself back up, and slowly, with my make-shift walking stick, I slowly approached Harley.

I grabbed an orange juice from the refrigerated section. A lot of things were thrown across the floor. I wondered what the media would claim the cause of all of this was... if only they knew the true. I struggled to open the bottle of juice, but I got it open, it was incredibly painful to do so. I slowly sipped the juice, but even with every sip, I felt weaker. I was losing blood. Too much. I needed help. I looked over to Harley, and tried to move to her, and fell down onto one knee with a large gasp of pain. I dropped the juice as I fell and it splashed on the floor, some of it hitting my bloody jeans. I sighed and looked down at the floor, I needed to get up, but it was painful. I slowly did so though.

Josh
The Genius

Male

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan on 2/3/2013, 12:31 pm

Harley tossed her drink to the ground and rushed to help Ali. S*** her wounds were a lot more extensive than she had realized. "Okay, I think we should go." She said a bit urgently, she could have time to rest later. She needed to help Ali. She returned her weapon to the form of an umbrella and hung the hooked handle around her wrist. He knelt next to the daughter of Apollo and gripped her wrist tightly. She closed her eyes and pictured the infirmary at camp. One. Two. Three. She and Ali sank through the floor, the shadows pulling them down. Harley felt weightless in the shadows, the shadows pulled her along quickly towards the infirmary.
Jordan
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

*3 Free Slots*

Visit from a god parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 4/29/2013, 11:04 pm

Suzy comes in and waits for Axcel at a nearby table
Gravity

Male
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gravity on 5/1/2013, 8:44 pm

"I'll take a double-chocolate non-fat latte heated to 102 steam!" Suzy tells the cashier and the turns to face Axcel "I'm very specifc"
Gravity

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 5/1/2013, 11:06 pm

As the waiter handed Suzy her drink she gave her a dirty look "How much?" Suzy asked
Gravity

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 5/2/2013, 8:25 pm

"That's your move?" Suzy says with a nice laugh as she sips her coffee
Gravity

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 5/3/2013, 8:35 pm

"So if your mom's a candy store owner, then's who's your dad?" Suzy asked cautiously
Gravity

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 5/4/2013, 1:11 pm

"My dad's Aristaeus, god of bee keeping, olive growing, and herding" Suzy responded
Gravity

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity on 5/4/2013, 5:35 pm

"Bee summoning. You?"Suzy said
Gravity

Male