First Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Character

Post by Dondylion on 3/19/2013, 7:51 pm

Name: Zoe Fortune (originally Darcy Jacobs)
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Wavy, black, slightly past shoulder length. Zoe sometimes dyes blue streaks into it.
Height: 5' 5"
Body Type: Thin, fit, slightly curvy.
Skin Color: Pale, sunburns easily
God Parent: Hecate
Mortal Parent: Jared Jacobs
Country of Origin: Wales, though she has no recollection of living there.
Pets: Two cats: a silver tabby named River and a pure black cat named Nightmare.
Talents: Sleight-of-hand, persuasion.
Weapon**: Three stygian iron throwing axes and a styigian iron dagger.
Flaws: When she isn't putting on her fortune teller act, she's cold, secretive, and unwilling to make friends. She also suffers from vertigo and gets migraines.
Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Has an extensive knowlege of magic herbs and potions. The effects of her potions only last about an hour at the most, though, and the least powerful potions last the longest. None of her mixtures can do anything drastic, like allowing someone to fly, read minds, see into the future or change their appearence. Her healing potions can only heal shallow gashes, bumps or bruises. Mind altering potions like a truth serum last about two minutes and can be resisted.
Life Before CHB*: Zoe's father was a Welsh cat burgler who abandoned her in New York while he was on a job, since he had always considered her a burden. She was found by a traveling demigod circus and the fortune teller (a daughter of Apollo) apprenticed her and took her on as an apprentice. Despite having no real talent for divination, Zoe used her charisma and gift of persuasion to make generic predictions sound convincing. When the fortune teller found out about Zoe's talent with plants, she sent her to Camp Half Blood so she could hone her talents.
RP Example*: Zoe ran a comb through her ink black hair as she hurriedly laced up her boots with her free hand. She finished both tasks as quickly as she could, then threw on her sweatshirt and ran out the door. Outside waiting for her was a boy around her age carrying a large wicker basket. Zoe smiled in a sad sort of way. "Hello Will." Will gave a similar smile back and handed Zoe the basket. It was heavy. Zoe jumped. There was something alive in there. Will spoke. "It's a little going-away present for you. And hey, who knows? The circus might come back to this town sometime." Zoe sighed. The chances of that were unlikely. For his sake, though, she said "Maybe." Will made a rueful smile and looked like he was going to say something more when he caught himself. He gave Zoe a little two-fingered salute and scampered off into the night. Zoe watched him leave, then, with some trepidition, opened the basket. There, amidst a blue terry-cloth towel, lay two sleeping kittens

Last edited by Dondylion on 3/20/2013, 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dondylion

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First Character

Post by Christian on 3/20/2013, 2:55 pm

You can't have Stygion Iron weapons. That's only for underworld demigods.

Are the things you listed for the potions the things that the potions CAN do, or that they can NOT do? (When you said 'allowing someone to fly, read minds, see into the future, or change appearance)
Christian

Female
Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 2011-07-01

View user profile

[17:11:40]  sandwich : life lesson: always trust christian with an admin position

Back to top Go down

Post by Dondylion on 3/20/2013, 3:16 pm

For the potions, those are things they cannot do.
I thought Hecate was an underworld godess?
Dondylion

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian on 3/20/2013, 3:25 pm

Oh yes, my bad.

What CAN the potions do?
Christian

Female
Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 2011-07-01

View user profile

[17:11:40]  sandwich : life lesson: always trust christian with an admin position

Back to top Go down

Post by Dondylion on 3/20/2013, 3:54 pm

Temporarily cure pain, poison people (make them sick, but not kill them), give people bursts of confidence, make people tell the truth compulsively, make people less noticible. Nothing that alters physical appearence and nothing that lasts over a minute. The potions can be resisted if the effected party concentrates, and a resistance can be built up to the poisons.
Dondylion

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keena on 3/20/2013, 4:01 pm

That sounds rather power play. I assume you'd ask first before using a potion such as the poisonous one? Or the one that tells the truth?
Keena
Minister of Magic

Female
Number of posts : 5251
Registration date : 2011-05-28

View user profile

6/8 slots in use

Back to top Go down

Post by Dondylion on 3/20/2013, 4:26 pm

Yes, I would. The character could also choose to resist the truth potion.
Dondylion

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keena on 3/20/2013, 5:22 pm

We don't allow mortal weapons.

(also, I'M WELSH! <3)
Keena
Minister of Magic

Female

View user profile

6/8 slots in use

Back to top Go down

Post by Dondylion on 3/20/2013, 5:34 pm

Alright, I'll edit that out.
(I'm Welsh-American! :D )
Dondylion

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keena on 3/20/2013, 9:22 pm

( (>~^_^~)> COME HERE! I MUSHT LOVE YOU!)

Whilst potions apparently do count as powers, I'd say knowledge is a talent. Just the first part of the powers should be moved into that field.

How can the potions be resisted?
Keena
Minister of Magic

Female

View user profile

6/8 slots in use

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content