Cabin's Courtyard

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cabin's Courtyard

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 3:56 pm

"What people usually do in the mornings." Blaine shrugged as he walked towards the outside of his cabin and began to re-carve the hieroglyphs with a chisel someone had left outside.
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female
Number of posts : 14200
Registration date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 4:01 pm

Josephine watched him closely. "Who's your god parent?"
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female
Number of posts : 18961
Registration date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 4:07 pm

"Khonsu. Egyptian god of the moon and youth." Blaine mused as he tap-tap-tapped away.
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 4:09 pm

Josephine gracefully sat on the floor. She took out her laptop an bit her lip. "Do you have any powers?"
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 4:23 pm

Blaine nodded and looked to see if was a full moon night. Oh, it was. He pointed at a constellation and traced his hand over each star that made it up. A thin line of silver connected them, forming a perfect image.
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 4:27 pm

Her jaw dropped and she smiled. "That's so cool."
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 4:29 pm

"It's not much. That is all I can currently do." Blaine shrugged. "What about you?"
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 4:31 pm

She smiled and blew her bangs out of her face. "I can run fast...that's about it." She flashed his a pearly white smile.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 4:34 pm

Blaine laughed some. "A friend of mine has that ability as well. In fact, she's a sibling of yours."
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 4:37 pm

Josephine cringed. "My sibling..." She closed her laptop.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 4:54 pm

Blaine placed a hand on her shoulder in an act to calm her. "Relax. She's only 12. Plus, she wouldn't hurt a fly."
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 5:05 pm

Josephine smiled. "Glad to hear." She put her laptop back in her bag. "Wanna do something?"
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 5:09 pm

"Like what?" Blaine asked with curiosity burning in his voice. He stuck his hands in his pockets and looked up at the sky.
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 5:12 pm

She jumped up an put her hands on her hips. "Hmm something crazy...any ideas?" Her eyes shone with craziness.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 5:17 pm

Blaine's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Vandalism?"
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 5:21 pm

She smiled. "Sounds great!!" Josephine put her bag back over her shoulder.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 5:23 pm

Blaine ran into his cabin and back out carrying his personal supply of spray paint.

"Where to first?"
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 5:31 pm

She smile brightly. "I'm not sure...you pick." Josephine was starting to like this guy. She looked around.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 7:59 pm

"Somewhere where all of camp will see! Somewhere like..." Blaine thought for a moment, then snapped. "Big House."
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 8:01 pm

Josephine eyes widened and she smiled. "PERFECT!!" She smiled. "And with my speed we can have a quick getaway!"
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 8:17 pm

"I don't mean to brag but, ah. " Blaine smirked and popped his collar. "I'm a pretty decent runner, too. Anywho, let's hurry."
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/26/2013, 8:19 pm

She nodded and grabbed his hand running to the house.

Ooc: YOU POST FIRST!!!
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daddeme on 5/26/2013, 8:25 pm

Ooc: CURSE YOU !/$&@^; 7#^!*-"^; 7#^《\{_₩~:-/&^#^:-\:-Q:-DO:-):-@O:-):-/<3o_Oo_O:-Vo_O&#"&#&!"* fine.
daddeme
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 5/28/2013, 8:32 pm

Mag wrote: Cain had thought that he had managed to lose his chance of talking to this girl since he had sounded to mean when he had addressed her. He was a wreck. The boy just couldn't seem to control himself whenever he didn't know what was happening or if he himself wasn't in control. He'd admit it, he's a control freak. He needs to know what is going on and when, which was the opposite of what was happening now. At the moment he was basically lost and confused. He had no were to go and no idea of where to head to next. Sadly enough, the only reason he was talking to this girl was in hopes of figuring out what was going on. Cain would admit that too; he is a jerk most of the time. It has always been a bad trait of his. He was a bit too self centered. Well, unless it came to Eve. Then it was a totally different story. The boy did his best to make his sister happy and confident. Was it just because he was actually slightly scared of her? She was the one who seemed to have gotten these so called 'powers'. Cain had seen what she had done when they were attacked on that dreadful day. She had completely obliterated the cyclops. That seemed to have snapped Cain on the inside. Since then he had started to treat her nicely out of fear. Before, he had always tried to ignore her or push her away. She was small and annoying, two things that Cain did not like. The boy shakes his head, trying to get himself to stop thinking like that. He was being too flawed at the moment. It was just plain out disgusting how cruel and cold the demigod could be. It frustrated him most of the time, for he couldn't seem to control himself. If it was up to him he would be so much nicer and not . . . this. He didn't want to be himself. He was sick of being this mean self that he had been for so many years.

Cain reflects on his early years. He had been such a nice child, much more than he was now. The boy was nice and basically liked by every other kid in the orphanage, which was like, six kids. It was still six kids who liked him. No one seemed to like him by the time he had left. He would just spend his days locked up in his room on his laptop making music. Creating music, mostly electronic, seemed to fill up some type of void inside of him. It was the only thing that cleared his head from everything going on in the world around him. The boy had made enough songs to create his own album, which is quite impressive for a child of his age. He could be much better if he really applied himself though. Stop. You're starting to get all egotistical again. Just stop before you make a fool of yourself and send this girl off crying. That is the last thing you need. Now pull yourself together and answer her! She's been waiting a good few moments now!

Sometimes Cain really hated his subconscious.

"So Cain, tell me about yourself"

The demigod child of Notus props his body up straight. He was taught to have good posture. Just because he was out of the orphanage didn't mean he could just stop taking care of his body and making sure he stayed healthy. Even something as small as standing and sitting up straight mattered. He didn't want to end up becoming a hunchback or anything. That would make his eeriness skyrocket off the charts. He was bad enough with his natural bluntness. Maybe that was something he could control as well, just like how he could straighten himself. He would have to try that sometime. Or, you know, you could try it now.

"Well," Cain begins to say. Where to start. Cain had been through so much, or so he thought. His life really was just the basic demigod sob story. It wasn't that to him though. To him he had once of the worst lives. Maybe it was because he never met his parents or something like that. If he ever met his mom he would slap her for letting those . . . people . . . take him and Eve. There was nothing he could do about it then, and there was nothing he could do now. It was gone in the past. There was not one thing he could do to change his past. He could've actually had a childhood. He probably wouldn't be the calloused boy he was now.

"I grew up never knowing my parents. When me and my sister were still infants, we were stolen from my mother in the middle of the night. My father apparently had left my mother after she conceived me and my sister, who are twins. We were taken because of greed. A man who liked money would pass his buildings off as orphanages, when really sold kids to be slaves. Either that or whores. Me and Eve, my sister, would always make sure to hide well on the days that men would come and evaluate children. Little did we know was that even then we were being monitored. We were always being watched, either by men or cameras. God, if I knew I would've gotten out of there much faster than it took.

"So me and Eve managed to make our way into our teenage years without being sold yet, which was incredible luck. I had always wanted to escape from the building, but I was afraid of the real world. I didn't know what I would do. I had no idea about this place or anything. I still have no idea where I am and what this place was. Anyways, about a month ago I started planning out how me and Eve would escape. After a few days of planning, we decided to make our move. We left in the middle of the night and ran as fast and as far as we could. We had no idea what was in store for us. Eve and I were not prepared for the real world at all. I had underestimated how tough it was to actually live independently. I would've packed more or stocked up on supplies, but I was just so . . . ready . . . to leave, you know?

"We starved for a few days before we decided it would be a good idea to actually eat the real food I had packed for us. Before then we had just been eating granola bars and drinking out of small bottles of water. God, I'm giving you way too much info, aren't I?

"Getting back on track now. Eve and I finally came up to a lake a few days, maybe a week, after we had escaped. There we were attacked by monsters. Luck was on our side though. These creatures came out of the water and annihilated the monsters. The creatures that came out of the water told us to come here. We walked for a bit, then we arrived. That was two days ago. I have no idea what to do know. We have been spending our nights in this really cramped cabin, which we were told to go by the big horse guy. He told us nothing besides that. So yeah, I'm kind of lost now...

"And uh, sorry for giving you so much information. It felt good to let it all out though, you know?"

Well, Cain probably now had put the girl to sleep. He looks over to her and to his surprise, she wasn't sleeping. That was a good thing . . . probably...

I sat there, patiently listening to everything he had said. Wow, he was trusting me to tell me all of this. His entire history. He had had quite an... interesting life so far... I thought to myself. And it was true. He really had had quite an interesting life.

I wondered what it was like not knowing one of your real parents. I mean, to begin with yeah for most kids at camps lives, we don't know one of our parents. But most of us have a parent out in the real world too. I thought about my mom, she'd always been there for me. Always been supportive of me. Especially with my surfing. She'd been the one who had supposedly rescued me after the attack. I looked back down at my hand and wiggled the thumb and finger I had left. It could have been worse I thought to myself again.

"You've definitely had a more interesting life than me," I told him, "My story isn't anything as serious as yours. So, I was born and raised in California. On the coast. Y'know, sun, waves, pretty standard really. It was a good life. I was a surfer, still am. It was my life. I loved to surf, I would go out whenever I could and go surfing. I missed more days of school for it." I gave a small laugh thinking about all the days I had missed, I didn't regret that at all. "Then, one day, things didn't go so well. I was out in the water, my mom was there too, and I saw this Great Shark. Yeah, sounds so believable right? Well, I saw it, and I went after it. Spur of the moment thing to do, it was going to harm someone, I couldn't just sit there and scream, that wasn't my style. I remember hitting it, then, well, my memory is hazy then. I remember serious pain, and blacking out. The next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital, and I was missing the rest of the fingers on this hand." As I said that, I got my hand out and wiggled it for him, highlighting the stumps on my hand. I then traced over all the scars on the hand. It was quite an unpleasant sight to behold.

"To begin with, I was a mess. I thought my life was over, I'd never achieve anything or amount to anything. I didn't surf again for months. Eventually though, I went back into the waters and discovered I could still surf. It was around that time I discovered my powers too. Shame they couldn't heal my fingers." I laughed again, at my own sick joke, but then sighed, "And after that, I guess things kind of went back to how they were before, except people gave me funny looks for missing the fingers. Then, at thirteen the typical demi-god stuff happened and bladdy blah." I wasn't looking for any sympathy marks on anything, but retelling that story always made me feel a little down. Especially when I thought about my Mom, I missed her. I wanted to see her again, but sighed, knowing I couldn't, it would endanger her.

I then begun to think about my later life. Would I ever live a normal life? Would I one day be able to get married, settle down on the coast somewhere, go surfing, have some kids, teach them to surf. That would be an amazing dream. I begun to smile thinking about, but then I remembered being a demi-god and remembering that things would never be normal for me. I'd always have monster troubles, I would never truly be safe. I sighed at that, and it was a bit upsetting really, knowing that that life was not for me. Here I was, miserable about a little thing like that, whilst sitting here missing three fingers on my hand, yet still surfing, still doing archery, my clothes torn to pieces, hair a mess, scratches and cuts all over, and still breathing. It was pretty impressive in my eyes, and I knew I would still be able to survive in life, at least I hoped I would be able to. If both me and Cain here had survived through all of those issues, life couldn't be too bad, right?

I felt strange, thinking about all of this sort of stuff. It wasn't like me. Since my attack from the Empousai, I wasn't the same. It had made begin to think about my life and it's importance. I sighed and looked back to Cain, wondering what his reaction to my story would be.

Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3580
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookies on 6/3/2013, 3:03 pm

William wandered into the courtyard, still pondering on his situation. The Greek Gods...real? He has already been in strange events, but nothing like this.

Cookies

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top