A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Empty
PostSubject: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 12:08 am

Name: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi
Eyes: bright green, wears glasses
Hair: dark brown, almost black
Height: 3"8
Body Type: skinny
Skin Color: extremely pale
God Parent: Amphitrite
Mortal Parent: Unknown
Country of Origin: USA
Pets: none
Talents: weaving, cooking, harvesting, gathering
Weapon**: CB bow and arrows
Personality: shy, smart, humble. He's extremely nervous around people, and can't stand to be alone. He typically doesn't reach out to people, and if someone reaches out to him, he won't know how to respond
Flaws: dependent, low self confidence, knows very little english

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):
Lanndon has perfect bearings at sea, meaning he can tell the exact latitude, longitude, direction as of North, West, South, and East, amount of time it'll take to reach the nearest shore, and how many miles away they are from land. He can use this power only when he is at sea.

Lanndon also has the ability to communicate with sea animals of all types. He can only communicate with one animal at a time. He can understand fish, dolphins, whales as well as other mythological sea creatures. He can use this power 10 times a day, each time allowing him a five minute conversation with the animal of his choice. If he goes over this limit, he'll become extremely tired and considerably weaker.

Life Before CHB*: He and his sister lived together  for years with their stepmother and father(neither remembered by Lanndon), until a faithful boating trip from Florida to Cancun ended with death as a storm swept the family apart. The siblings were left stranded on a small uncharted island. At the tender age of nine, his sister learned to care for her two year old brother, who, after four years, began hunting and gathering with his sister. After being stranded for almost four and a half years, they believed they spotted a small boat upon the horizon.  They swam to the boat, and the young fishermen helped them up into the boat. They stayed with the fishermen for the remainder of the fishing trip, and then were dropped off in Alabama. They stole enough money to eventually make it to New York, where they supposed their parents would be waiting for them. However, when they didn't find them, they began to wander, searching for ways to survive. They were doing exactly this, when one night they heard sirens through the night. They ducked behind some trees and unknowingly crossed the camp border while trying to hide from the passing police car.

RP Example: I wander around the courtyard, fear filling my voice with tremors and stutters. "Sissy? Sissy!" I call, turning in clumsy circles. I had been standing by her side, counting the blades of grass, when I had looked up and realize that she was gone. I'm still new to this camp and barely have any idea where the Mess Hall is. I would typically just ask Sissy to show me around or point in the right direction, but I can't find her. She typically doesn't run off from me. Where could she be?

Last edited by Nutella on 10/14/2013, 12:58 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 7:38 am

A stone dagger? Have you any idea how much such a thing would weigh?
Can you detail his powers a bit more please?

Click on the gifs

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 8:33 am

Edited

Sorry, I typed a lot of this late at night.
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 8:36 am

When you say 'at sea' do you mean 'on the sea', like on the water, or 'near the sea' as well?

Click on the gifs

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female
Number of posts : 43512
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 2:51 pm

So... your character just has arrows as a weapon? No bow?

How would Abnedrio have glasses if he was stranded on this island at the age of two with his sister? Or do you mean he got glasses when he came to camp? (Refer to my post in your Etso topic, too.)

From what little information I can glean from Google of the Nesoi, they say they're primordial goddesses so I wouldn't think they'd be allowed.

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 5:38 pm

I mean on the sea, like on a boat and such.

Edited weapons.

He received glasses when he reached camp.

Edited god parent.

Editing in RP example right now.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 6:26 pm

I suggest you cut down the number of times per day he can speak to sea creatures.

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 6:51 pm

Edited powers.
Back to top Go down
Jules
Loyal Member
Jules

Female
Number of posts : 2548
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 10:00 pm

If his country of origin is the US and he speaks very little English then what language does he mainly converse in?

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Star-plucker-smiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://themusemoose.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/16/2013, 10:04 pm

Well, he currently only knows bits and pieces of English. He doesn't really understand any language fully, except Greek, as all demigods do. His sister, however, who knew English before they were stranded is trying to teach it to him.
Back to top Go down
Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3580
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 1:48 pm

It's Aquaman! Who what now? xD

Anyway, you say talk to aquatic animals, then animal of his choice. Does this mean he can only converse with ONE animal at a time?

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/17/2013, 4:17 pm

Yes.

And yes, it is Aquaman.
Back to top Go down
Josh
The Genius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 4:59 am

Can you edit that in?

And they swam to Alabama, and then headed to Camp Half Blood? In New York?

How did they found out about camp?

How did they know how to get to it?

Surely at those ages, they wouldn't have been able to cross the country on their own?

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 4:25 pm

Edited Powers.

Yes, but it was more than simply walking, and they weren't always "alone". They managed to wave down a few cars, steal money from passerby when necessary , and sleep in parks and under whatever shelter they could find. Of course, when I say 'they', I really mean 'she', as in his sister.

They weren't really going to the camp specifically. They were heading for New York, where they believed their parents would be, as that had been their previous home. When they realized that they weren't in New York, they began wandering, until they eventually made it to Long Island, where, after hearing a police siren, they hid behind some trees and unknowingly passed the boundary into the camp.
Back to top Go down
Josh
The Genius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/18/2013, 4:53 pm

You'll need to edit all that in.

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/20/2013, 7:37 pm

Edited.
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime9/21/2013, 2:04 pm

I'm going to ask you to change Etso and Abnedrio's history a bit, because I don't think it's possible for people their age, even if they're children of a sea goddess, to swim several miles per day in the ocean (where there's plenty of chances for waves and storms and etc to sweep them under) -- especially at the seven year old's age.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/12/2013, 4:21 pm

What if the ship they thought they saw turned out to actually be a ship?
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/12/2013, 11:16 pm

And they somehow reached it and were brought to land that way? Sounds more plausible, yeah.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/14/2013, 9:58 am

Edited
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/14/2013, 12:55 pm

Add more to the personality -- make it at least two lines.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/14/2013, 12:58 pm

Edited
Back to top Go down
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Kendall

Female

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime10/14/2013, 7:48 pm

Approved.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi   Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abnedrio Lanndon Yugvi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Character Forms :: Approved Character Forms-