A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Here it comes..... Wait for it.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female
Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2013-08-31

Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Empty
PostSubject: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 3:49 pm

The only kind of pain Jadyn Lyn Christine hated more than being burned, were blisters. Fat, red, burning blisters. And they seemed to come from every  direction. Plus, as she walked through the old forest, they seemed to try to keep her from walking. And the ghosts surrounding her, calling out to her, touching her- they didn't make walking any easier. She slapped one of their hands away, a firm grip on her sketch book not allowing any of them from snatching it away.

Jadyn had just come from the arena where she and her boyfriend had chatted. She had left on a sudden note, without explaining to the boy why she ditched him. Oh, well. She thought. Th reason why she had disappeared was simply because it was getting late- which means some awesome pictures in need of drawing. More shading could be done, and that was one of Jadyn's favorite things to do while drawing.

The girl  had changed from her shorts, into jeans with holes in the knees. She was still wearing her blue plaid shirt, and her signature dog tags were still around her neck. Her long white hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and a few stray hairs were undone in the front. And then, she wore boots, which were creating and hiding the blisters that she hated so much.

Finally, she decided she couldn't take it; she sat on a tree stump, and began to pull off her boots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 4:26 pm

Fay Hayes wasn't scared of ghosts, in fact he found their company to be very interesting especially when they decided to tell stories. So he spent a lot of time in the forest talking idly with the spirits and, occasionally, laughing at some of their misfortunes. It was quite rude, he knew that, but certain deaths were just so stupid that he couldn't help it.

He was listening to a particularly interesting one when his attention was interrupted by someone's footsteps. He hoped off from the rock he was sitting on and skipped towards the source of the sound.

"Blisters suck don't they?" Fay asked as he stood in front of a white-haired girl, a grin on his lips as he stared at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 4:42 pm

Jadyn looked up at the boy who had just walked up to her, raising an eyebrow. He had silvery hair, and she couldn't help to think that he was mocking her with the grin stuck to his pale lips.

"Yeah, they do..." She said, observing the boy. She had one of her boots on the ground beside the stump in which she was sitting on, and her sketchbook was placed neatly beside that. Suddenly, a ghost appeared out of no where, and jumped for the book. "Got it!" The women screeched. While she was fast, Jadyn was faster. She kicked the old women and snatched up her book before the old women could lay a finger on it. The women pouted, and disappeared before Jadyn could do anything else. Jadyn shook her head and sighed, beginning to pull of her second boot. "And who are you?" She asked the boy without looking up at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 4:56 pm

Fay chuckled at the ghost's failed attempt at trying to steal the girl's sketchbook before he was struck with the realization that the girl could see it.
He bobbed his head from side to side, "I'm Fay Hayes!" He told her, enthusiastically before stretching a hand in her direction, "Nice to meet you!"

It was the first time he had met someone that, just like him, could see ghosts. But she looked pretty normal -apart from her unnatural coloured hair.
She didn't seem to like the ghosts and, of course, being Fay Hayes he couldn't stop but wonder why.
"Hey, why do you hate the ghosts so much? They're just playing around." He ended up asking with the same grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 5:06 pm

Jadyn raised an eyebrow, and carefully set the sketchbook on the ground, placing her now-bare feet upon it.
"I don't hate the ghosts," she said, and then looked up at him, eyeing his outstretched hand but not taking it.
"They're just annoyi- wait a second," she stopped suddenly. "You can see them too? But..." She trend her head to the side, looking up at him, but squinting her eyes. Although it was about to get dark, the sun still made it hard to see.
"Who's your godly parent?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 6:16 pm

Fay laughed at her, not even thinking about the fact that she had refused his outstretched hand.
"Gee, who do ya think?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl. "Melinoe, of course!"

He gently shoved a ghost that kept whispering things to him to the side before turning to the girl once again, "I'm guessing your godly parent is Melinoe too?" He gasped at that realization before a huge grin appeared on his lips, "That means we're brother and sister! Yes, this is awesome!" He stated excitedly as he picked up the slender cat which had just walked up to them.
He raised the animal in the air, "Guess someone will believe me now, hein?" He asked the cat, that grin never leaving his lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 6:37 pm

Jadyn went through three emotions in less than three seconds. First confusion, then disbelief, then horror. Her eyes grew wide, and her mouth pressed into a hard line. Then, the old women came back, poking her and laughing at her. Very, very slowly Jadyn turned, and faced the old spirit; her eyes locking with the women's. Then, without any warning, Jadyn's hand came up, and slapped the women across the face. The spirit fell back into the shadows, pain and anger mixed together on her face. Then, Jadyn turned back, and out her head into her hands, saying only a sentence in her first language: "Du musst mich verarschen."

(OOC: translation: you've gotta be kidding me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 7:12 pm

Fay stared at the girl with a shocked expression.
"Okay, now that was very rude." He stated as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, the cat sitting next to him. "There was no need to slap that woman, was there?"

He glared half-heartedly at her for a few moments before his face broke into a grin, "Anyway," He began as he took a sit on the floor, "What do brothers and sisters tend to do together?" He asked, staring up at his sister with his big pale blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 7:25 pm

Jadyn crossed her legs up onto the stump, and pulled her face up, so that her hands dragged over her throat. At his question, she couldn't help but laugh. "What do brothers and sisters do?" She repeated, shaking her head. "I haven't even told you my name, dear brother." She suddenly felt kind of bad for being rude, but this Fay guy's enthusiasm was pissing her off. "Which is Jadyn, by the way." She felt like she at least owed him that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 7:31 pm

"Jadyn? That's a pretty name." Fay commented, more to himself than to the girl. He turned his head to the side and stared at the cat before picking it up and placing it on his lap, "This is Stray, by the way. He's my faithful companion." He stated, grinning again.

He saw a few ghosts gathering up behind him and he quickly shooed them away -gently, of course. The ghosts did not disappear but they did stay away; a few feet away anyway, glancing at them every once in a while as they chatted between themselves.
"Anyway, you still haven't answered my question." He told Jadyn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 7:44 pm

Jadyn laughed. "You have a cat? That's funny. I have a mouse, named Stanley." With that, she got up and began to walk around in her tip- toes, because she was bare foot and all of the leaves and stones of the forest ground hurt. She began to do twirl around a little- enough that her hair whipped this way and that. "And I don't know," she answered, carefully squeezing through two ghosts who were in her path. "Hang out, I guess?" Jadyn had 100% no idea how to react to a sibling. She'd never had one before. "How old are you, anyways?" She asked the boy with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 7:58 pm

Fay's grin got bigger as Jadyn spoke to him without the rudeness -though it didn't hurt him it did make him feel a bit bad, not that he was going to show it.
"They both start with 'S'." Fay said as he got up and followed Jadyn, bouncing a little as he did so. "I'm 15 years old." he told her as he jumped over a rock.
He picked up a twig and started dragging the tip on the floor as he walked, creating a not-so-straight line, "Hang out? Like, what we're doing now?" He asked with a playful smile.

Honestly he had never had a friend before, and definitely not a sibling, so he never understood the whole 'hanging out' thing. He did spend lots of times with ghosts, but he was pretty sure that didn't count.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/28/2013, 8:13 pm

Jadyn jerked her head up when he said his age. "15 years old?" She said in astonishment. Then, she shook her head, and murmured to herself. "Geez, mom. You've been busy." Then she pulled her head back up, and her eyes rested on his wrist. "Yeah," she answered as she walked with a sort of grace back over to Fay. "I guess." When she reached him, she picked up his wrist, which had three long scars on it. "Fay," she gently said, looking into his eyes. "Did you do this to yourself?" Sure, she might have just met him, but she felt it was right to talk to anyone about self- harm. And now that she knew that Fay was her brother, she felt like it was extra- important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 6:16 am

Fay smiled sweetly at his sister's gentle tone, "Yeah." He answered as he looked down at his wrist. "I was talking with this ghost back at the Ward and this happened."
He turned his gaze back to Jadyn, grinning as he observed the change of emotions going on on her face.

He was used to people questioning him about it. They always did, sooner or later. But he never told them the reason why he did it; it made them look at him as if he were a ticking bomb or something.
He chuckled as he remembered how his dad had reacted; the shocked expression on the man's face had been priceless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 7:12 am

Jadyn pursed her lips, unsure of how to respond. Finally, she decided on something. "Well," she began. "How did... this happen?" It was a simple question; one that she badly wanted to know the answer to.

She suddenly felt a zap of emotion. She couldn't put her finger on it. Was it fear? Responsibility? Curiosity? She was sure that if it was fear, it would be fear for Fay, responsibility would be an effort of keeping him from doing this again, and curiosity would be... Why? Why would he do this to himself? She wanted the answer to every question she had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 2:19 pm

Fay tilted his head to the side in thought, tapping his chin as he hummed. "I was curious." He said, smiling foolishly at Jadyn. "The ghost told me to do it so I did - as you can see, nothing bad happened!"

Fay remembers when he had questioned the ghost, asking if the scars on its wrist had hurt, the serene smile that had appeared on the ghost'a face as she told him to try it and see for himself. And he had done it, there was nothing wrong in trying it and he had been really curious.
Of course, when he had told his dad the reason, the man had decided that he had had enough and sent Fay to the Juvenile Ward to be "treated".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 3:14 pm

Jadyn sighed noiselessly through her nose. Biting her lip, she dropped the boy's hand, and leaned back against a tree. She looked Fay up and down once, and decided something: if he was her brother, she ought to get to know him.

Jadyn mindlessly reached for her dog tags, and rubbed them between her thumb and pointer finger. "So, where are you from, lieber Bruder?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 4:27 pm

"I am from Brooklyn Heights!" Fay answered, grinning from ear to ear.
"What about you? I mean, you might be from Germany or something because you keep saying things in a foreign language that I'm pretty sure it's German." He commented, looking at her expectantly.

He looked around him to see if there was some kind of boulder or something he could sit on but since he couldn't find anything he sat on the floor. Once settled he looked back at his sister -the thought of the word 'sister' made his smile grow a little more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 4:58 pm

Jadyn smiled. "Yeah, I'm from Germany. Sorry if I keep talking in German, by the way. It's my, uh, first language." She hated when she talked in German, because every one around her acted like she didn't belong... Like she belongs somewhere else.

Jadyn admired her new found brother's hair. It was a silvery color, like it was dipped in a bucket of moonlight. "Did you dye your hair?" She asked. "Because that a real cool color."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 5:13 pm

Fay looked confused for a moment before a grin appeared on his lips, "Nope. Not dyed. I was born with it." He told her as he took a strand between his fingers and observed it, "It's a really weird color and I never really enjoyed it. But thank you!" He beamed before registering what she had said about her language and frowning.
"Why are you apologizing? I think German is a pretty cool language and it's really awesome that you can speak it." He said, smiling warmly at his sister.

He wasn't lying. He really did like other languages and he always found it awesome when people could speak foreign ones, it gave them a different aura. Like they were wiser or something, he couldn't explain it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 5:58 pm

Jadyn smiled with half of her mouth. "Thanks," she said, quietly. "No one's ever said that before." She slid down the tree she was leaning against, until she was sitting in front of Fay, her knees in the air. She studied Fay's expression. He seemed to be taking this whole 'brother/sister' thing pretty easily.

"So, you said you went to a Ward," Jadyn said, resting her arms on top of her knees, and putting her he's on top of her arms. "What.... kind of Ward?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 6:33 pm

"A Juvenile Ward." Fay said and for the first time his smile didn't reach his eyes. "It wasn't that big of a deal really. I got out out so it's all cool now."

In all honesty he did not like to talk about that place. The place was down right awful and it made him sad remembering it; not that he would ever show his sadness around other people.

He picked up Stray and placed the animal on his lap, bobbing his head from side to side as he played with the cat's paws. This way he wouldn't have to look at Jadyn's eyes.
They say the eyes are the gate to your soul; to your true feelings, he reminded himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 6:55 pm

Jadyn studied Fay's wandering eyes. She swallowed, realizing the Ward must be a topic Fay didn't like to talk about- like her father for her. She noticed pain in his expression, and she felt bad. "You realize it's okay to be upset around me, right?" She asked gently. "I'm your- Sister. You should feel comfortable showing emotion 'round me." Her voice caught at the word 'sister', because the word felt odd on her tongue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silentread
Silentread

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 7:13 pm

Fay couldn't help but chuckle at that, sending a thankful look at Jadyn.
"Yea I know." He confessed with a smile, now looking at her instead of looking at the cat. "I just really don't like talking about the Ward... It makes me uncomfortable."
He turned his head back so he was facing the sky, leaning on his hands for support, and closed his eyes. A gentle smile playing on his lips. "There was a ghost that I really liked in there though. I wish he hadn't killed himself." He said, not in his usual loud voice tone. He said it like it was a secret that he would only share with Jadyn -she was his only sister and the only family member who hadn't looked at him like he was crazy; annoying maybe, but not crazy. And he liked her for that. And, even if they had only just met, he trusted her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member
The Seelie Queen

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime10/29/2013, 8:42 pm

Jadyn opened her mouth as if to say something, but shut it quickly. Sighing loudly, she picked up a stick and began to twist it around in her pale fingers, organizing her thoughts. She thought about all the stuff he had just learned about the silver- haired boy. 1.) He acted like he trusted her- which was good, considering he was her brother. 2.) He is really good at masking emotions. She realized this from watching him go from being a bouncy, energetic teen to a pained victim in less than 2 minutes. 3.) He never seemed to drop that smile on his lips that Jadyn assumed she would eventually feet to enjoy seeing.

She had forgotten that she left her sketchbook over at the stump, and realized this when a ghost was carrying it, giggling as her eyes washed over the penciled drawings. Jadyn picked up a stone, as threw it at the ghost's feet, making her trip. The book flew out of her hands, and landed only a few feet away from where Jadyn was sitting, so the daughter of Melinoe reached over and grabbed it. Pulling her legs into an Indian style of sitting. She opened the book to a clean page, pulled out her pencil, and, seeing nothing better to do, began to sketch a picture of her brother's cat sitting on a rock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here it comes..... Wait for it.....   Here it comes..... Wait for it..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here it comes..... Wait for it.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Forest-