Why, hello there

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why, hello there

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 1:39 pm

Elizabeth wasn't a stranger to the forest. So it makes sense that this reason is because she hunted in it most of the time- Y'know, when she wasn't kicking down doors.
Her quiver was at her hip like usual, and her bow was loaded, ready to be fired. She had headphones in and was listening to music so she didn't get distracted by anything else, and her bright blue eyes were picking up every little movement possible. Her hair was up in a bun, and out of her eyes. (because there is simply nothing more annoying then shooting with hair in your face.)
Finally, she spotted a bird, and pulled the string back, ready to fire.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2013-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why, hello there

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 1:46 pm

Stephen spent his time doing very few things: training, eating, flirting, and being publicly indecent. This was his training phase. Most demigods would stay on the Training Grounds to train. Well, not him. In his mind, fighting in an open area almost never occurs, so, this was the best way to train. Obstacles everywhere. As he walked through the forest, he was whistling a mellow tune. Funny, since this was the type of forest where you didn't want to attract attention to yourself. He heard a bird, chirping a song. Oh, nature. Stephen decided to look around, trying to locate the animal and, sure enough, there it was, perched on a branch. It sang a tune that he seemed to enjoy, so he tried to mimic it. He watched the bird, wondering how it could survive when it constantly drew attention to itself.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male
Number of posts : 9428
Registration date : 2011-04-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 2:01 pm

Elizabeth let the string go, and the arrow whizzed through the air, piercing the bird. She smirked, and walked over to it, putting her foot on the deceased bird to push it down as she pulled out the arrow with the other hand. She said a silent thank you to the bird's ghost. It didn't do anything wrong- all that happened was it was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
She put the arrow into her quiver, and hummed quietly to the song: when I wake up, I'm afraid/somebody else is gonna take my place/somebody else is gonna end up bein' me. It was her favorite song, and she kept it on repeat most of the time.
That's when she looked up, and saw a very familiar boy.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 2:11 pm

Stephen heard the whiz of an arrow and reflexively drew his sword and deflected whatever was coming towards his way. The only odd thing was... Nothing hit him. Huh. Then he heard a quiet thump. He looked around, trying to identify what the hell fell. It was close, but small, from the sound of it. He looked around to the forest floor, gasping slightly at the bird he was just looking at a few seconds ago, now dead with an arrow in it. Poor bird...
Then, another shocking development. It was Elizabeth that came trotting over to retrieve her arrow. What the--
He shook it off, the feeling of disgust. Sure, he hunted, but only when he needed to survive. That was well over 3 years ago when he was left for dead in a jungle. He had his sword drawn, watching her pull the arrow out of the deceased bird, it's song forever gone.

Stephen stood still as she laid eyes on him. He gave her a cocky smile, trying to play off his discomfort.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 2:21 pm

When Elizabeth realized who it was, she wish she hadn't just taken the innocent bird's life. oh, crap, she thought. oh crap oh crap oh crap ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap-
"Hi, Stephen," she said with a smile, hiding the regret. She didn't want him to get the wrong idea. She wasn't a murderer- and it was a bird, for Christ sakes! She wondered if he even saw her kill it. Judging from the look on his face, he had."How's it going?"
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 2:30 pm

Stephen's grip on the handle of his sword increased. She killed an innocent bird, for sport! Relax. Don't go into a frenzy. "Hey Elizabeth. Fancy seeing you here." He said, walking slowly to the downed bird. Damn... What a shame. Beautiful bird. This is the reason he thought hunting for sport was wrong. He knelt down and looked at it. Clean shot. This bird felt no pain. That lessened his anger, knowing it didn't suffer. "Oh well... It's going okay. I mean, I did fix my cabin door after you left so... Yeah." He replied, standing back up.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 2:37 pm

Elizabeth smiled half-heartedly and nodded. "Good. I hope you made it strong enough so random girls can no longer go about and kick it down." she shrugged, and looked down at the bird, realizing how good of a shot she was. You got it, Lizzy! Those other girls don't have a chance! her mother's voice yipped in te back of her head, and she tried to make her stop talking. It wasn't like she had her mother's spirit in her head- Tina Sweeney wasn't dead. But wherever Liz went, the voice followed. "I'm sorry you had to see, um, that." she said softly, pointing to the bird.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 2:43 pm

Stephen chuckled, shaking his head slowly. "Sadly, no. With enough applied force, that door's going to fall like a redwood." He said, glancing back at the downed bird. It really was a shame. Oh well. He had to face the fact that many unpleasant things will happen, and there was nothing he could do about it. Dangerous. He had to keep that word in mind when Elizabeth was gripping a weapon. It never hurts to be too careful. "Oh, no. I interrupted you... I think. I mean, I'm not usually in this part of the forest so... I'm sorry." He apologized, but why? No idea.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 2:51 pm

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. "Why are you apologizing? I'm the one who killed the thing." she leaned back against a tree, and pulled out a cigarette packet from her back pocket. She took one out, and holding it between two fingers, lit it with a lighter. She took a drag, silver smoke masking her beautiful face.
She was just about to ask if Stephen smoked- when she decided not to. She doubted he did. Not many people did, anyways, here at camp. She knew she wouldn't, if it wasn't for her damned mother. The women had driven her to needing a stress- reliever, and this was the only thing a 13- year old could find. She wanted to quit, and was trying- obviously it wasn't working. She stared at her feet as she took another drag, slightly embarrassed.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 3:00 pm

Stephen shrugged. He felt like someone had to apologize... The good in his heart felt guilt. He could've saved that bird... And yet, he couldn't. He didn't know. It's a feeling that gnaws at him. He shook his head and crouched down once more, covering the bird with leaves. He didn't think it was right to leave it out here in the open, uncovered. He pat the pile of leaves and closed his eyes. She could think whatever she wanted, he needed to do this. He sighed and stood back up, deciding to sheath his sword. A cough escaped his throat. Was there a fire? He glanced at Elizabeth. Oh, the surprises sjhe brings. She was smoking. Stephen looked around, away from Elizabeth. Hey, she didn't tell him how to live his life, why should he? "So, how long have you been out here?"
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 3:08 pm

Elizabeth blew more smoke out from between her lips as she looked up, and shrugged. "A couple hours, maybe? I don't know." she had watched him cover the bird, and thought he was extremely nice for doing so. She had never thought of him as a person like that, but whatever. She sure as hell thought that he had never thought of her as a smoker. They both kept surprising one another. "What about you?" she asked as she put the cigarette back to her lips.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 3:21 pm

Stephen held his breath and waited for the smoke to pass to breathe. 2nd hand smoking isn't something he'd like to start doing. He looked around, counting how many trees were nearby. Well... There was a fairly large amount of trees nearby. It was a forest after all. He also noticed that there were dried leaves... It almost seems like the forest wants to set itself on fire. A smoker in a forest. That's a no-no. He hoped, whenever she was finished, she'd put the flame out and discard of it properly. He cover was being a douche, but that didn't mean he didn't care. "Oh, uhm... I've been out here for a little while... Not sure how long."
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 3:26 pm

Elizabeth nodded, and saw the look on his face. She wondered how many kids her age smoked- because 16 is a pretty young age to be doing so. "Y'know, if you want me to put it out, I can." she felt bad for smoking around him- around anybody, really- but the need was too great. She searched his face, looking for any other emotion.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 3:31 pm

Stephen smirked, looking at her. And, cue the douche. "Babe, I can handle a little smoke." He always wondered why he never took up acting. One day, he should audition for a movie. Besides, he's been acting his whole life... Well, faking would be a better word. He was fake. He hid his true self from people, thinking it was better to fit in rather to stand out.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 3:36 pm

Stephen said he was fine, but Elizabeth had been reading people her entire life and knew better then that. "Yeah, right, babe." she pulled out a small ziplock bag, and after crushing the cigarette between two fingers, put it in the bag. Sure, the movement hurt, but she was on a very high pain tolerance level. She out the bag back into her jacket pocket, and blew out the last of the smoke, the silvery stuff masking her face once again.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 3:43 pm

Stephen crossed his arms, "Man, whatever." Thank you. The smell of smoke was horrible, even more so if you were traumatized as a child. Being in a burning house was one thing, watching your friend burn was another. He didn't know about his powers at that time... And he watched him burn. Horrors of the world. Then again, fire wasn't one of his fears so... Blargh. Finding out Elizabeth was a smoker turned Stephen off a little. She was beautiful, could fight... But she smoked. Not what he was expecting.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 3:49 pm

Elizabeth clasped her hands together with a loud clap! sound. "So, Mister Stephen," she said as she took her hair out of the bun and it fell loosely onto her shoulders. Sure, hair in her face was annoying to fight with, but the feeling of her hair pulled up tightly made her want to scream. It was too- what was the word?- ladylike for her. "what were you doing before meeting me here? Prancing through nature?" she recognized a look of... something on his face, but couldn't put her finger on it.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 3:55 pm

Stephen uncrossed his arms and stuck his thumbs in his pockets. Mister Stephen? He remembered who used to call him that, a young girl he used to look after before he disappeared. That girl was nice, a cute little dumpling. She always colored and brought him drawings... He'd have to visit her one day. Stephen laughed, clapping his hands sarcastically. "Yeah, I was actually. I felt like being a gazelle." Besides being a douche, he could be sarcastic.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 4:01 pm

Elizabeth nodded, trying hide her smile. "Well then, that's unfortunate for you, considering I'm obviously looking for prey." she shrugged, and noticed the look on his face- like he was remembering something. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, concern on her face.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 4:05 pm

Stephen could feel the hairs on his back stand. That gave him the chills. He felt like drawing his sword, but, c'mon, it's Elizabeth. Calm yo-self maaang. "Really? Well... That's too bad. This prey bites back." He replied, giving her a wink. Stephen blinked, giving her a confused look, "Yeah, I'm fine."
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 4:12 pm

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, and in a blink of an eye, she was standing in front of him, both hands gently resting on either side of his neck. "Are you sure? Is it my smoking, or something?" she asked him, looking up at him with concern.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 4:19 pm

Stephen was dumbfounded. One seconds she was there, the next, right in front of him. He doesn't even know how that's possible. He had barely reached for his sword and... Voila. Here she was. His heart was beating so fast he thought it was going to burst out of his chest. She had struck fear into him... Something that doesn't happen very often. His hand was trembling, just a few centimeters away from the handle of his sword. He couldn't even respond to her.
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 4:23 pm

Elizabeth smirked when he didn't say anything, and sensed his fear. To make it die down, she removed her hands from his shoulders and said:"I, um, move fast. sorry." she looked up at him."But seriously, are you okay?"
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by proxyboy on 11/17/2013, 4:32 pm

Stephen chuckled it off, though, not doing a very good job at it. "It's cool. I was just... I was a little cold. So... I... Shivered and stuff..." He said, forcing a smile. He blinked, looking down at her. "I'm alright Elizabeth... Well, I am now anyway."
proxyboy
Experienced Member

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 11/17/2013, 4:40 pm

Elizabeth tilted her head to the side, and put her hands back onto his shoulders. "It was my smoking, wasn't it." she shook her head and looked down. "Gods, I should really quit."
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next