Kira Rallis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kira Rallis

Post by eonian on 12/1/2013, 10:33 am

name → Kira Rallis

age → 17

gender → Female

eyes → Dark green, rimmed with a darker shade around the edges and light brown patches surrounding the iris; may seem to be brown with a prominent green tint. (According to her mother, Kira inherited her grandfather’s eyes.) Eyes are oval-shaped, somewhat rectangular; average-sized.

hair → Dark brown, medium-length (reaches a little past shoulders); slightly wavy, like her mother’s. It’s usually loose, but other variations include ponytails and braided buns with a pale yellow ribbon or a metal headband.

height → Five foot six. (5’ 6”; 167.6 cm)

body type → Lean, slim; ruler-shaped, some curves but not very pronounced (unfortunately).

skin color → Fair-skinned; tans to medium during the summer (sunburns like the average person); light freckled across the face.

god parent → Notus, the South Wind

mortal parent → Melina Rallis

place of origin → USA

pets → A male beagle named Gypsum, currently about six years old. Kira’s had him for about four years already.

talents →
▻ Skateboarding – A hobby that began since she received her first skateboard at age twelve. Her brothers taught her how to use the board and she’s loved skateboarding ever since.
▻ Modern Greek – Kira’s mother is actually from Greece and moved to the States for college. As a result, both Kira and her brothers can speak and read (some) [Modern] Greek.
▻ Long Distance Running – Another hobby that progressed into a sport she became comfortable with. She’s gained some pretty good stamina from running, as well as some speed.

weapon → Kira has a xiphos (ξίφος), a shortsword about 2½ ft long (30 in/76.2 cm ), and made of celestial broze. Itt takes the form of an antique compass on a chain when manipulated by the Mist. Kira wears the chain and compass around her neck. (The compass actually works.)

personality → Kira is what most would consider the “just there” kind of person at first glance; she’s not particularly significant or outstanding. Many would describe her as calm, laid-back, and generally easy to get along with. When around acquaintances, Kira doesn’t necessarily talk a lot, only inserting small sentences here and there if needed. She becomes increasingly talkative around friends, but not with a significant difference. Kira often likes being alone, though she doesn’t mind contact with others, as long as they don’t get on her nerves too much.

Contrary to popular belief, Kira isn’t a pacifist, though she appears to lean in the direction at times. Her tendency towards violence or other blunt, straightforward events is to wait for it to pass instead of taking it head-on.  She would rather lay back and relax than be dynamic, resulting in few problems with others. Because of this, however, she tends to become brush things off and easily forgets things that she doesn’t deem are important.

In all honesty, she doesn’t really accept things all that quickly as most assume; instead, she tolerates a large majority of things as long as they don’t irritate her too much. She isn’t one to voice her opinion unless it seriously goes against her own ideals or beliefs, simply because someone would probably disagree and it would start an argument that she has no interest in. As a result, she isn’t very aggressive and is often dragged into situations she wants no part of.

When over-stressed, she may either express her frustration with explosive outbursts or seal it into grim, almost depressive state. She dislikes feeling unaccomplished, yet sometimes couldn’t be bothered to even try (only to regret the decision later). She may swing between various stages of such when frustrated or angered.

(general strengths: complaisant  // tolerant // agreeable // innovative
general weaknesses: (slightly irresponsible) // flippant // pushover // capricious [in certain terms; will be explained in flaws])

flaws →
▻ Bruises, Scars, and Scrapes – Because of her love of skateboarding, Kira accumulated quite a number of cuts and scrapes on her body (mainly on her forearms, elbows, and knees) when first learning how to use the board. The wounds eventually faded into scars. Once in a while she gains a bruise or a cut from everyday accidents (i.e. walking into a chair, tripping on an object, etc.), but none that stay for too long.

▻ Dyslexia – Like some demigods, Kira was diagnosed with dyslexia as a child. Her brain is wired for Ancient Greek as opposed to modern languages and this affects her ability to read and write English.

▻ Capriciousness – This mostly applies to decision making. Corresponds/is a result of the explanation below (see: indecisiveness).

▻ Indecisiveness – Kira often has a hard time making important decisions because a) there are benefits on both sides, b) because she doesn’t want to lose or let go of something important to her, c) because it’s just hard or too much work, or d) all of the above.

▻ Indifference – As mentioned above, Kira has a tendency to ignore or forget things she doesn’t consider important. Not necessarily ideal when it comes to terms of responsibility.

powers →
▻ Aerokinesis –
general overview
As the daughter of the South Wind, she can control small amounts of wind. Her powers are generally stronger during summer months or in warmer or more humid climates and weather. Kira's powers often reflect more of the heat and (slight) humidity of Notus's abilities, as opposed to fogs, mists, and storms.
offensive abilities
-Her ability to control wind can help slow down the movements of potential opponents or knock them back.
-The wind may be manipulated to attack an opponent by surrounding said victim with the wind and spinning them around to disorient them for a short while.
-The wind can be infused with bursts of heat, depending on how much she concentrates and allows to be used.
defensive abilities
-She can manipulate the wind into a torrent and use it as a temporary shield. The torrent is by default about two times the size of her figure and can be expanded or made smaller depending on how much power she decides to use.
passive/miscellaneous
-Aerokinesis is especially helpful when trying to blow off dust or 'rake' leaves and such. Anything with a light mass is generally easy to move with a light gust of wind, as long as there aren't extreme amounts.
-Lifting something heavy for a short while is also made easier with wind manipulation, but not for too long.
weaknesses
-Kira cannot, however, create or generate the wind itself using her demigod abilities; it has to already be there for her use.
-The hot wind will slowly begin to burn anyone hit with it, whether friend or foe.
-When using the wind as a temporary barrier, the attack itself and any other projectiles may hit the barrier and go with the flow of the wind, curving off to the sides of the barrier and potentially harming the people around her who are not being protected by her shield.
limits and consistency
-Maximum wind speed is about 50 mph, from what she's gathered so far and can last for a continuous five minutes if her energy level is at 100%.
-Heaviest mass lifted so far has been a little less than 18 metric tons, for approximately six to seven seconds.
-Highest temperature infused so far is estimated to be about 60 °C (140 °F); the time is assumed to be around ten to fifteen seconds in total, since the heat was used in inconsistent bursts.
-The strongest thing she has accomplished so far with her abilities is holding up a 40 m by 2.3 m (131 x 7.5 ft) horizontal barrier with infused 56 °C (133 °F) heat for approximately fifteen seconds, and then taking the barrier and manipulating the wind to surround a group of about ten or so and trapping them in a funnel for about eight seconds, increasing the pressure so that the victims were compressed and exploded. (They were monsters, so they became golden dust; she hasn't attempted this on humans yet.) She repeated the funnel process another time and it resulted in quite a loss of energy but was temporarily fixed with ambrosia and nectar.
recovery time & general ability consistency
-Resting time within each use may vary between the amount of wind controlled, the time period the wind is being controlled, and the mass of the object being controlled by the wind (if any). (e.g. Pushing away a 120 lb. person is a lot easier than lifting the 120 lb. person for five seconds.)
-She generally is able to use the ability at least five times a day if it's something simple, like blowing leaves off the sidewalk or dust bunnies from under the bed. In more intensive situations (Capture the Flag, combat, etc.), she'll probably be able to use it at least three times.

life before CHB →
background
Kira is the first daughter and third child of Melina Rallis, born in Cleveland, Ohio. She has two older half-brothers, Isaac and Oliver, and her stepfather was Patrick Naylor. Prior to her birth, Melina and Patrick had a large argument and Melina moved down to Venezuela for a year to stay with her sister. Upon her return, she filed for a divorce and gained custody of Isaac and Oliver, moving them to another apartment in Cleveland. She gave birth to Kira about nine months later and they stayed in Ohio for another year until Kira had turned one. Her mother than moved them to a small town in Illinois, where they stayed for about six years. Her mother then got a job in Maryland and they moved there when Kira was seven.
childhood
Kira's childhood was mostly normal, or at least, as normal as it can get when you're a demigod. Though monsters appeared often, they didn't cause too much trouble, or not the point to where she was kicked out of multiple schools. She was diagnosed with dyslexia in second grade.
monsters
Growing up, Kira saw monsters plenty and each town they moved into was not without them. She often consulted her mother about them but only received an ‘I’ll tell you when you’re older’ in response. Her first attack was in Illinois, when she was four. An oddly-dressed woman had approached her at the town fair, but her brother Oliver (‘Ollie’, as he liked to be called) had dragged her away a moment later, rushing to their mother and demanding to go home. Ollie was able to see through weak Mist and saw the woman's true form. He  often warned Kira as best be could about them beforehand in order to avoid the monsters. Isaac revealed later on that he could see them as well, but only on rare occasions when the Mist was barely hanging on. However, monsters still attempted to approach her and her mother finally agreed to tell Kira the truth 'soon'.
camp half-blood
At age nine, a satyr discovered Kira and offered to bring her to Camp Half-Blood for the summer. Confused by the satyr's terms such 'half-blood', she asked her mother for an explanation and finally received the answers. Her mother explained that her father had not been Patrick, as she'd always assumed, but a god. Which god, Melina did not know, but he had stated that he was a deity, and that Kira would be a demigod. Melina allowed her daughter to attend camp for the entire first year, then changing to summers only. Kira was claimed when she was fourteen.

rp example → Daughter of a wind god—and a feared wind god, mind you—, seven-year camper, and survivor of a war now and she’s still running from the from a man with a bow at his side. Well, not exactly running, per say; more like hiding. And Chiron’s not really a man, either, if you consider technicalities. And his bow is pretty darn scary if viewed in action; anyone who’s been in camp for at least half a week would agree with that.

Walking toward the strawberry fields as fast as she can, Kira sneaks a glance behind her and breathes a sigh of relief when she doesn’t see said centaur. Helping out with camp activities is only so much fun after a while, and she’s pretty sure the he has no idea how much energy it takes to ensure the campers don’t faceplant when they fall. She’s also pretty confident that Chiron’s been chasing her butt across camp for the last three days on purpose, and Kira doesn’t want her short-lived freedom to be over just yet.

extra notes →
▻ Kira wears a thread bracelet, made from six individual threads tied together so far. Each thread symbolizes the people she loves most. Colors so far are white, crimson, cardinal, burgundy, russet, and azure.
▻ Kira has attended camp for eight years so far.
▻ Because Notus isn’t exactly the most well-liked wind god being the destroyer of crops and bringer of storms and all, most people tend to avoid Kira if going by godly parent stereotypes. Her reputation by personality is completely irrelevant.

Last edited by eonian on 12/3/2013, 10:34 am; edited 4 times in total
eonian

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kira Rallis

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/1/2013, 12:12 pm

Even though the sword-background is splendid, I'm not sure I'd allow it.

Can you please add two natural physical flaws please?

For the first power, how strong can the wind gusts be at maximum? How many times a day can she use the power, and how much time does she have to wait in between uses of it?

I don't think I'll allow the aerokinetic flight, it's usually for children of Zeus/Jupiter. Same about the Storm manipulation. I'm sorry.

I'm also unsure about her two last powers, I think I'll leave it to Kendall.

Did the monsters attack her?

I don't think I'll allow her to be the senior counselor of her cabin.

For the last part, how does she travel to her father's domain? [which is in Africa]
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15115
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gif

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by eonian on 12/1/2013, 5:27 pm

I'd like to apologize first; I haven't viewed this character in such a long time and just copy-pasted her in, so it's only now that I see that she's full of flaws. (Pft. That's what I get for creating her before HoH came out. :I) Full of flaws. Sorry about that bit. ^^"

Anyway, getting to the point.

I've taken off most of what you've asked, including the last two powers. (I'll just veto those, since powers are optional, anyway.) I've also added the bits that you asked for, so hopefully it explains a bit more. (The 'life before CHB' section is currently in work, so I've put a WIP there, and the 'powers' section is half-finished. I need to get to class first.)

Do physical flaws only apply to appearance, or do other flaws such as mental disadvantages work?
eonian

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 12/1/2013, 6:57 pm

Physical flaws can apply to appearances and to mental disadvantages; they aren't required for a regular form (but ones that mar appearances are for the detailed ones).

While you're working on her powers, I recommend you put in a maximum wind speed too.
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
Number of posts : 43475
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down

Post by eonian on 12/1/2013, 10:52 pm

Done.

Still a bit iffy about her background, but I don't think there are that many loose ends. Hopefully.
eonian

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 12/2/2013, 3:33 pm

What's the strongest thing she can do with wind?

Had Notus told her mother about his true nature before leaving her?
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

Back to top Go down

Post by eonian on 12/3/2013, 10:35 am

Done. I've also edited the powers and bio section a bit so that it will be (hopefully) easier to read.
eonian

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 12/3/2013, 2:59 pm

I think increasing the pressure in her funnel enough to make things explode is way too powerful, as well as the size of her largest wind barrier and the largest thing she has ever lifted with her powers.

What's the strongest thing her wind torrents can deflect/protect her from?
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum