A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Share | 

Just Getting Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female
Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Just Getting Away   12/7/2013, 4:22 pm

Jase had only been at camp for a week and he was already ready to get out. He did not at all belong with the kids at the Aphrodite cabin. He was not a preppy, stupid, whiny, annoying, pretty boy. Jase had to get out of there so he spent a long time just roaming around the camp. He found a secluded place where he highly doubted any of his siblings would bother him to tell him they organized his clothes by color, or offer him a knew pink shirt to replace the usual black or red tshirt he wore. Jase sat down in the treeline where he could clearly see the camp border, and a few campers on border control. Jase took out his lighter and lit a cigarette. Jase laid back with his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   12/8/2013, 5:43 pm

Will paced the small area of the boundary he had been assigned to watch. His hair was slightly tusseled, but not because it refused to stay tidy, simply because he'd had a bad night last night and had been too tired to put much effort into his looks. Not that he ever did, of course. As usual, he was wearing a T-shirt and some old jeans.

Anyway, he was pacing the border when he saw a figure move out of the corner of his eye. He drew the yellow pencil from his pocket and flicked it, watching it transform into his long metal pipe and his sheath of blow darts. He loaded one dipped in a hallucination-inducing poison and stalked off towards the figure, prepared for a fight.
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   12/9/2013, 9:10 pm

Jase sat up hazily, realizing that he'd fallen asleep for a short time. When his eyes finally adjusted to the bright light of the afternooon sun, he focused in on a gold tube pointed in his general direction. It took a few seconds for his mind to focus in, too. That's when he realized that it was a blow dart. Jase scrambled up with a cigarette still hanging from his mouth. Jase dived behind a tree, sticking his head out the side, there he focused on the boy. "Dude! What the heck!?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   12/31/2013, 1:09 pm

Will jumped back, before smoothly sliding his weapon, now back to its usual form as a writing utensil, into his pocket. "Sorry, man. Thought you were a monster." His hands went up in the universal signal for surrender.

"You must be new here. My name's Will. I'm a son of Thoth." He introduces himself in the typical way around camp. "How long have you been here?" He sat down, leaning against a tree at the edge of the forest. To tell the truth, he was ready for a break. Pacing the boundaries was tedious work, and its not as if there ever were any attacks.

OOC: Sorry for the short post
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/4/2014, 9:02 pm

"Well, I'm Jase. I'm a son of none of your business, and I've been here for an amount of time that was, again, none of your business, Egyptian." Jase had done his god studies, surprisingly. Jase inhaled his cigarette and removed it to exhale. Jase looked at Will. To Jase, he didn't look like a very scary guy, and his dad didn't really help with that cause. "Any reason you're still here?" Jase pulled out his sword and placed it across his chest as he laid back down in the grass, closing his eyes. As much as he wished the twerp was gone, Jase could still feel his presence. Jase opened his eyes and looked at him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 2:00 am

Well, I'm debating whether or not I should see if your bark is worst than your bite... Will thought, but quickly bit his tongue. He didn't need any extra attention. Soon enough, he'd be able to find some way to out smart the idiot into doing something stupid. Yes, that would work. He would get payback without the added gossip. And no one would ever suspect the supposedly idiotic son of an Egyptian.

Will left hurriedly, ready to get out of the awkward social situation. He leaned against a tree not that far away and pulled his small notebook out of his back pocket. He then took out a spare pen and began practicing runes. After all, what was the chance of a monster actually attacking the camp?

OOC: Yes, I'm so obsessed I have a charrie who draws runes. Don't judge me xD

Anyway, time for a monster attack?
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 10:08 am

Jase had no clue what the kid was out here doing. He'd come out so close to the border because he wanted to be alone, but apparently that wasn't an option here at camp. Jase stomped out his cigarette and stuck his sword in the ground next to him. He wasn't really worried about anyone attacking him. He may be a son of Aphrodite, but he was probably the toughest kid around. Jase knew he didn't belong in the cabin, so he stayed out of it. Jase pulled his hood over his head and closed his eyes. After a few minutes, Jase heard faint growling. Dude, is that twerp growling? Jase turned to look at Will.

Ooc: Dude that is so cool! Too bad Case is so uninterested in everything xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 10:41 am

OOC: xD

BIC: Will was so absorbed in his practicing, he hardly noticed the soft growl coming from somewhere relatively close to him. He looked up quickly, though, and stood up, spinning around to find three hellhounds pounding through the woods towards him, and another two coming in the other direction behind the new kid.

Will flicked his yellow pencil and loaded the pipe with a random dart. He aimed and fired, hitting one of the hellhounds racing towards the kid square in the chest. It would take awhile for whatever poison it was to make it through the hellhound's large body, though. "Behind you!" Will yelled, hoping the kid would wake up and smell the wet-dog smell of the monsters about to attack him.
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 11:09 am

Jase jumped up and grabbed his sword out of the ground. With a scream, he slashed at the hellhound. Somehow he managed to slice right through the hound's head. Jase staggered away, and turned to see the three other hellhounds. He considered running, but as they advanced on the kid, Jase knew he owed him to help. "I should warn you, man. I've been here for like a week." Jase said as he stormed one of the hounds. He managed to get a stab in, right as he felt something clamp on to his leg. Jase fell to the ground and saw a hound hooked onto his leg. Jase began to stab at it with no avail.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 12:01 pm

Will swore and came up behind the hellhound, kicking it over onto its back and off the kid. "Well, consider this a training session." Will replied, loading three paralyzing darts into his pipe. Within five seconds, another hellhound fell to the ground. "I take them down, you stab them, got it?" Will directed, aiming for another of the beasts, the last one. He loaded his weapon and shot, The monster went down, but not before giving Will a deep set of scratches across his chest.
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 1:49 pm

Jase stood up slowly, trying not to put too much pressure on his possibly broken leg. He hobbled over to remaining hellhounds and stabbed them, a few times for good measure. Jase wiped the back of his hand across his forehead. "Well, that was fun." Jase held up his sword a little bit. He'd only gotten it yesterday and before the encounter, it felt uncomfortable in his hands, but now it didn't. He was excited to learn how to use it right, as well as the bow and arrow sitting back on his bunk. Jase looked down to examine his leg. "Oh man.... That's a lot of blood."

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 3:21 pm

Will was just finishing a minor healing rune on himself when he heard Jase speak. He looked up, and saw the dark red blood seeping out of the injury almost immediately. Will stood up and walked over the him.

"This might hurt a bit" he joked, before uncapping the silver pen and drawing a major healing rune on an uninjured are of the kid's leg. The silvery ink let off a soft glow, and disappeared into his skin. Will stood up, brushes himself off, and offered a hand to the kid. "I think we got off on the wrong foot," Will said, narrowing his eyes at the kid. From this point on, they were either going to be enemies or friends.
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 3:59 pm

Jase looked down at his suddenly healed leg. "Okay, maybe we did. I'm Jase Waters, son of Aphrodite. I swear if you make one joke about it I will leave you dead on the ground. How about you start your part of this new introduction with you explaining what on Earth you did to my leg." Jase slid his sword into its sheath and stood up straight. He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 4:29 pm

Will laughed to himself. He had a feeling he was going to like this guy, though he might draw a bit too much attention. "Just because I'm a son of a knowledge god, doesn't mean I have to be powerless. Don't worry, it was just a simple healing rune." He replied, waving the question away.

"What were you doing out here? Wait, let me guess. You were trying to get away from your siblings?" Wild was an expert at reading a person based on their words and actions. He'd guessed, based on his words about being a son of Aphrodite and because that's what a lot of the campers were trying to do these days. The tension between cabin mates was starting to bother Will. The last thing they needed was a war between campers, let alone between siblings.
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 4:41 pm

Jase laughed a little. "Except for my stunning good looks, do I really seem like an Aphrodite kid? I mean, I'm not wearing any pink, or any sparkles." Jase was kind of surprised by how cool this little twerp seemed to be. He definitely wasn't the type of kid that Jase would have hung out with back home, but here was already proving to be much different than at home. "Tell me more about your little voodoo drawing thing. Did you learn how to do it, or is it a special power specific to you?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 4:49 pm

"Kind of both. I have to study the 'voodoo drawings' for hours, but I'm the only one alive today who can do it. I only know the basic ones, but there's tons of books out there with more complicated runes on them. Most of them are lost in time, though." Will replied. Runes were one of the things he could go on about for hours.

"So, what about you? Did you learn to be that pretty, or is it just a god-given talent?" Will joked, ignoring the warning not to. "Just kidding, man. But seriously, you've got to have some kind of powers. You're going to be a good fighter, with a bit of practice, and all good fighters have powers."

Last edited by Shadowhunter on 1/5/2014, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 5:42 pm

Jase shook his head. "I'm just good at everything. Somebody up in our little gods home saw baby me and decided I was best looking person alive and I deserved some special perks." Jase laughed. "Kidding. I don't know why I'm good at stuff. I always have been." Jase reached into his pocket to pull out a cigarette and then changed his mind. He was actually making good strides with Will, and he wanted to make that last.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 6:00 pm

Will was about to reply, when his watch alarm went off. "Well, I'm off guard duty now, so do you want to go do something? I don't really have anything, and archery got postponed. Some kid got shot in the eye or something." Will motioned to his fellow guard that he was taking off.

"I'll have to stop by my cabin first, though. You can hide out from your siblings there, for a while. Most campers avoid the Egyptian cabin, even the ones who belong in there."
Back to top Go down
QMeetsWorld
Experienced Member
QMeetsWorld

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 6:25 pm

Jase went to laugh at Will's comment, but he stopped himself. It wouldn't be too bad to have one friend here at camp, especially one who can do strange voodoo magic. Jase didn't take many offers from many people , but he couldn't bring himself to turn this one down. "Yeah. That'd be cool. Thanks, man." Jase looked at his leg again, and walked over to him.

ooc: sorry for that being extremely short
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   1/5/2014, 6:40 pm

Ooc: the topic's here http://www.camphalfblood.org/t17429-will-s-bunk

Bic: Will smirked at his new acquaintance. Maybe the idiot wasn't so bad after all. "No problem, bro. Follow me" Will was sure that he wouldn't have to say that, had anyone actually cared about showing the cabin to anyone. However, weeds and bushes had surrounded the cabin, and he doubted anyone would be able to find it without some kind of guide. So, Will took the lead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Getting Away   

Back to top Go down

Just Getting Away
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: Half-Blood Hill-