Loreb

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loreb

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/20/2014, 6:46 pm

Caleb Guardian

"I Don't Want to Paint a Picture of Total
Gloom & Doom."

Caleb loved cats. Loved cats. When he was little, his mother would always find him playing with some stray cat in the backyard, or on the sidewalk in front of their small house.
And here he was now, a few years later, doing the exact same thing: playing with a cat. Or kitten, rather; the small thing only looked a few months old. He was walking through the cluttered and damp forest, when he had run across a brown kitten with white spots all over it. He had sat down cross legged on the ground, and pulled the small thing into his lap, not caring where it came from or who it belonged to.

Caleb flipped it onto its back, and played with its paws, not caring about one thing. He patted some of the dirt caked into the male kitten's fur, the cat already taking a liking into the teenager, and showed it by nuzzling his face into Caleb's rough hands.

The son of doom was wearing a black and red button down long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up, unbuttoned to reveal a grey t-shirt beneath it. His thick hair was covered with a dark brown beanie, and his brown jeans were tucked into his black boots, which had a celestial bronze knife sticking out of them.

Because he wasn't laying attention to anything besides the furball nestled into his lap, he was very vulnerable.  

Last edited by The Seelie Queen on 4/10/2014, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2013-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loreb

Post by Guest on 1/20/2014, 7:18 pm

"Trees, trees, trees, oh look a tiny tree. Cute." Lorelei was riding her new longboard up and down the forest. She was trying to find the perfect spot for her to iris message her brother. She hasn't seen her brother in like forever. So the teen made sure to look extra fancy for this meeting. She was wearing her grey batman sweater and black jeggings. It wasn't fancy, actually. But it's not like she was going to wear a dress or anything. She was talking to her brother, not the queen.

Lei fixed her elbow pads as she skated down a hill. She wasn't wearing a helmet, not te smartest choice she's made all day. Oh whatever, she's been riding since day one. She shouldn't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/20/2014, 7:43 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb continued to play with the adorable kitten, and the kitten seemed to like the attention, because The more he stroked the small cat, the more the cat nuzzled against him.

And suddenly, very faintly, Caleb could hear the faint sound of wheels against dirt, but chose to ignore it. He wasn't about I turn his attention away from the adorable fluffball to some person riding a bike or something.

He got up, and cradled the thing in his arms, about to walk across a small cleared path when a girl zoomed by him. Rasing an eyebrow, he watched the girl, but quickly lost his focus on her and turned it back to the cat. He sat down on a stump, and once again nestled it in his lap.

But, then he realized... that girl, she looked oddly familiar. Must be one of his cabin mates. But he couldn't shake the thought of her, and spun on the stump to turn around, watching in the direction the girl had been going to.

The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/20/2014, 9:30 pm

Lorelei rolled down by a pond. She got offher board to explore the surroundings. "Does Gus even like the pond?" Lei threw her hands in the air in frustration. "God dammit Augustus." Lorelei grunted. She took off her Jordans and dropping them onto the soft ground. She stuck her right foot into the pond. The water was cold around her ankles, but it was nice.
0oc- so shooort.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/20/2014, 9:44 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Okay, now Caleb was getting severely interested in the girl who had whizzed by him. And suddenly, it dawned on him. In fact, the thought came so fast, that he almost dropped his newfound friend. Lei. Of course it had to be her; who else would longboard in the forest?

Carefully cradling the cat in his strong arms, Caleb began to make his way down to the pond that he had just seen the girl step into. He watched her carefully, and with each minute that passed, his smile grew wider.  

He was hiding behind a thick tree so she couldn't see him, and the cat didn't seem to mind what he was going at all, which was a plus. With a deep breath, he stepped out from behind the tree, and made his way over to the pond, almost tripping at least three times in the process.

With the kitten snuggled in his arms, he tried to put on his best 'Villain' face. A sight, he was -- a 6'6 muscular teenager with an adorable kitten snuggled in his arms on its back and a fake 'shady' expression on his face. Clearing his throat, he said "Hello, Lei," trying to make his voice sound as mysterious as possible.  
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/20/2014, 10:13 pm

Lorelei jumped, landing into the pond. Lei spit out water and frowned. She didn't have to turn around, Lei knew who the idiot was. "Gods Caleb Guardian why are you so stupid?" Lorelei smiled. Lei still had her back towards him, she was about to get up but she panicked. "Caleb IM going to murder you. Do you realizehiw important today is? And now I'm wet! Soaked! Ugh I'm going to die." Lei submerged into the water, screaming. Gus is going to kill her. Her father is going to kill her. The whole world will kill her.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/20/2014, 10:34 pm

Code:
Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb watched with fascination as Lei went from teasing him to literally screaming at him. He raised an eyebrow as she said that she was going to be killed. "Lei, honestly, I'm like -- ninety-nine point nine percent sure you are in fact not going to be killed." he sat down on the ground, and placed the kitten into his lap, scratching the animal's belly.

"So, what's so important 'bout today, and if it really is so important, why are you in the forest?" he asked, looking up at her for a moment before turning his attention back to the kitten.

OOC: awwww short
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/21/2014, 9:06 pm

"That point one percent is very important, Caleb." Lorelei stood, watching the water drip off of her sweater. Lorelei frowned, honestly she didn't know what she would do to Caleb when she dried off.

Lei twisted her braided hair as she spoke again, "Today is probably the most important day of my life and now it's going down th the gutter." Lei started to turn around, "And another thing, Guardian, or is that even your real name-- I-is that a cat?" Lorelei looked at the small cat and then to Caleb. He looked like a giant; he already looked like a giant but now he looked like a super giant.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/21/2014, 9:35 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb was about to ask Lei again why she was in the forest on such am 'important day', when he was stopped suddenly when she mentioned the cat he was holding. His cheeks got red and he looked down after a moment, it just dawning on him how awkward this was. He took a deep breath and looked back up at her without moving his head. "Yes, it is. Why; never seen a man with a kitten before?" he smirked up at her, and when he felt the warmth on his cheeks die down, he turned his head back up to her.

Noticing her attire and hair dripping wet, Caleb couldn't help but feel a little but guilty. He gently let go of the cat, trusting that it liked him enough to not wander off away, and he took off his thick button down shirt.

"C'mon, get out of there. And here," he said, holding up the shirt. Although he was a little chilly, he worried about Lei more than himself. "you can use this to dry off and stuff. You know -- if you want to." he felt his cheeks burn again, and he looked back down at the cat, his arm still raised in the hair with the shirt balanced on the end of it.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/21/2014, 10:22 pm

Lei rolled her eyes, "You are certainly not a man. Maybe a little girl." Lorelei hadn't noticed Caleb's red cheeks as she came out of the water, she was a little distracted. Caleb had offered her his shirt, Lorlei smiled, that was nice. "It's okay, really. As long as I don't frost I'm fine." Lorelei only frost things when she was nervous. She prayed to Zues himself that nothing would make her nervous anytime soon. Lei patted her head, "My hat." She said calmly. "Where in hades name could that damn hat go." Her newest ski cap he was wearing on top of her heat had probably fell lib the pond behind her. Lei was not focused on the hat search right now. She was more worried about Augustus. What if he calls her first, he would see Lorelei soaked and with a boy. Gus would most likely try to come out if the iris message and strangle lei for being anywhere near a boy. Even though Lorelei was older, Gus liked to think he was the head honcho twin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/21/2014, 10:46 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Because his name was Caleb, and Caleb worries about absolutely everyone, he didn't believe her. He didn't want her to get too cold, or -- wait, did she say frost? Either way, it didn't sound good. "C'mon," he sighed, and gently removed the kitten from his lap, placing him on the ground beside him. Caleb stood up, and walked over to Lei, carefully placing the shirt around her shoulders. "There," he said, giving her a little nervous smile. "Was that so hard?" then he moved back to his previous spot, and sat down, pulling the kitten into his lap again.

"So, what is so important?" he asked, suddenly curious. He didn't think Lorelei would hold back any information from him, because she never seemed to -- hopefully.

As he asked this, he began to play with the kitten again, and this time the kitten started to nibble on Caleb's fingers, making him laugh a little.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/26/2014, 12:02 pm

Lorelei rolled her eyes, "No it was very hard." She protested. Lorelei grinned a goofy grin, trying tinlook at the shirt. "Honestly Caleb do you not pay attention at all? Today is the most critical dy of like the whole year. Even know the year just started, but trust me it is the biggest, most extreme day ever. Lei said, dancing around the subject. She was not aware of her doing that, it's just she was so out of it Lorelei didn't realize it. She stood up and the shirt flew off of her. She walked over to her board and stood on it. "Five minutes." Lorelei mumbled. She figured if Gus didn't call in five minutes, Lorelei would.

Lei wrung out her braid once more. There wasn't as much water coming out as there was before. That was good, she would be dry sooner or later. The polar vortex didn't affect camp, it was a good seventy degrees out. In Lorelei's book, that's like a million degrees. It didn't bother her much today as it did when she first came to camp. But that was a billion years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/26/2014, 12:38 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb wasn't sure why this day was considered the 'most extreme and important', and he wanted to know. He also wasn't sure what was going to happen in five minutes. Hopefully something that didn't involve monsters.

"Lorelei, what are you talking about?" he said. Usually, he wails get mad at people who wouldn't tell him things and his them from him, but for some reason, he could never really get mad at Lorelei.

He held the kitten up, flipping it carefully and gently so that it was on its front. Unlike most stray animals, the cat stayed put, nuzzling up against Caleb. He took off his beanie and wrapped the kitten in it, the cat purring as he did so. "Hey, Lei," he stayed, figuring that as long as she didn't want to tell him something, he wasn't going to force it out of her. "what do you think I should name him?"
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/31/2014, 9:05 pm

Lorelei threw her hands in the air "My brother, Caleb! Gods you're so dense I don't know what to do with you." Lei wanted to frown or yell at him, but she just couldn't do it. Weird. Lorelei walked over towards her partner in crime, sitting directly across from him. "One, Gus is iris-messaging like soon, and two," she paused, "Caleb did you just pluck it off the streets? Is the cat up to date on its shots? I swear Caleb if you get rabies and die I would just, well die." Lorelei took in a deep breath, "Just-- don't name it yet."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/31/2014, 9:37 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb looked up at Lei, raising an eyebrow. But suddenly, his expression grew into something more -- and then, he was smiling.
"Your brother, huh?" Lei should have known better then to tell him that. Now, he wasn't going to leave. Not without being picked up and brought to the other side of camp. "Do you think I could meet him?" his expression was so wide with excitement -- it was absolutely adorable.

Meanwhile, the cat was still in his arms, tickling Caleb's forearms with his stringy whiskers. "And, um no, I found him in the woods, I don't know of he's up to date with his shots, and --" he cut off, thinking about what Lorelei had last said. His cheeks tinted red, but he decided to ignore that. "Why would you die? No one to draw kitties for you?" he was possibly the only son of legitimate doom who had ever said the word 'kitties'.

And then, completely ignoring the very last sentence that came out of Lei's lips, he turned to the kitten, and very politely, he said "I think I'm going to name you Phil."

Last edited by Kevin Tran on 2/16/2014, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/31/2014, 10:10 pm

"I forbid you from ever meeting my brother. You should go now, okay." Lorelei smiled, "I don't need a giant scaring Gus, now do I?"
Lorelei looked at the cat As he talked, "You didn't get him checked out before you got it ? Caleb you idiot!" Lorelei's cheeks burned as he said the last sentence, "I don't remeber saying I would die," she lied, "Maybe while you get the cats shots you can get your ears checked. Lei grinned, but that slowly fadded, "Caleb I just said don't name it you're going to get attached and then you'll be the lonely old cat man with twenty two cats and no life or wife. Hey life and wife rhyme. Rhyming is fun." Lorelei began to ramble, as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 1/31/2014, 10:23 pm

Caleb Guardian

Gloom & Doom."

Caleb listened carefully as Lorelei rambled. And smiled as he noticed her cheeks were burning as well.

"Okay, first off: yes, I will have a lot of cats, but who said I wanted a wife? No one would ever want me. And second: I believe five minutes just went by. Where's your brother?"

He was getting impatient; he wanted to meet his best friend's brother badly.

"And, come on. Do you really think I want to give up this little guy?" he asked, petting the kitten -- Phil's -- cheek. As of on cue, the kitten purred.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/7/2014, 9:03 pm

"Caleb Sweden is six hours ahead of here. He's probably eating dinner. Why do you want to meet him so bad? He's Gus, he's a dorky dork." Lorelei stated. She smiled a small smile. Her brother was even goofier than she was. Kind of, he's socially goofy. Lorelei is up there on the social ladder. She doesn't know why, she just assumed people liked her. Lorelei didn't know if she was even pretty. She had striking blue eyes but that's all lei really noticed.
"Caleb...you can't keep the cat. What if it's someone's cat?"

Ooc no judgey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 2/8/2014, 1:35 pm

© made by fishy
Caleb Guardian

"If I follow the light that I deem the brightest
I won't believe that it's always like this."

Caleb smirked as Lorelei called her brother a 'dorky dork'. "Why are you so against me meeting him? I'm sure he's a cool guy. And plus, if he really is a 'dorky dork' like you called him, I'm sure we'll get along fine. " he smiled up at her.

Did it really bother her so much? Maybe she was hiding something from him. He didn't know, but he did know that he trusted Lorelei with his life. Hopefully, she did the same. (Plus, he just really wanted to meet the brother.)

And then the car thing hit him. He hadn't checked to see if it was someone's cat. But, oh well. He did a 'whatever' shrug with his shoulders, and continued to play with the kitten.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/8/2014, 10:24 pm

Lorelei sighed, playing with her hair.
"I just... Look if you meet Augustus I.. I don't want you guys becoming friends." She frowned, " You're my person, Caleb." Lorelei's hands moved to the wheels of her longboard. She spun the wheels under her index fingers. It was a rough surface with pieces of the wheel fraying off of it. She really needed to replace the wheels soon.

Lei didn't pay much attention to what she said. 'Her person' Lorelei always hung out with Caleb. She was either with him or with her boards; fixing them and stuff. She didn't know if he hung out with those jockstraps or not. It didn't seem like him though. In her mind, Lorelei was like a super-hero, and Caleb was her goofy sidekick. Batman and Robin, she guessed. But like the cooler version.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 2/9/2014, 10:42 am

© made by fishy
Caleb Guardian

The sides of Caleb's mouth started twitchng up, and soon, he was grinning. "Lorelei, I'm not goin' to, like dump you," he said. "I just want to meet my best friend's family. Or part of it, I guess," he said, frowning,and ooked up again. "Please?" he asked, sounding a lot like a little kid asking for a cookie.

"And besides, if we become friends, he'll be too far away to hang out with. And even if he did live in the U.S., or even at camp, I'm constantly getting distracted by your shenanigans to talk to him." he had a point. Lorelei was in Caleb's life, and he wouldn't leave her for her brother of all people.  
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/9/2014, 11:31 am

"Oh shut up Caleb." Lorelei teased. She lifted the board over her head. "Augustus will kill me if I call him first." She paused, picking at her board. "But whatever."

Lorelei pulled a drachma from her pocket. She held in between two fingers and smiled. She tossed it I'm the pond, "Augustus Westmore, Hörkself." Lorelei whispered. Mist formed over the pond and a image of a red headed teen stuffing his face with salad appeared. Gus looked up and spit his food out. [color=gold]"Lorelei I'm going to kill you. I told you I'd call first."

Lorelei grinned. Honestly she had missed her brother to pieces. He had to go and be smart and go to school. She'd see him in the summer, definitely. "Whoops." She mumbled. Lei looked over to Caleb and glared at him. Lorelei is not going to hear the end of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 2/9/2014, 11:49 am

© made by fishy
Caleb Guardian

Lorelei made the Iris message so fast that Caleb didn't even have time to react when a red haired boy eating salad (and seemingly enjoying it as well) appeared. When Lorelei glared at him, he smiled and winked at her.

Caleb didn't hesitate and wait. "Hi!"  he said in an excited tone. "You must be Augustus. Lei's told me so much about you." she really hadn't, but it seemed like a good way to say hello.

The huge teen kept petting the cat, who was suddenly interested in the message. Phil jumped off of Caleb's lap and pranced over to the 'screen', sniffing and scratching at it. "Phil!" Caleb exclaimed, shaking his head, and stood up (towering over Lorelei and the 'screen') before snatching the kitten up.  
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 2/15/2014, 10:01 pm

How could Gus flip out on Lorelei like that. It may not look like he's having a cow, but Gus is normally quiet And does not threaten to kill anyone.
"Lorelei look at you, a batman shirt? Please Lei for the love of god grow up!" Lorelei frowned at her brother, he can be quite annoying at times. She figured that he's only satin this because Caleb was next to her. He's probably trying to embarrass her. Lorelei thought its cause his has no friends or something. Lorelei could embarrass Gus too, but how? She tapped on her knee, thinking. Lei looked over at Caleb, hoping he was thinking the same thing. Of course not, Caleb doesn't know how Augustus works, she does. Lorelei is the only person at camp that really knows Augustus Westmore.
That's it.
Lorelei knew how she could embarrass Gus. He hated being the third wheel. Lorelei grabbed Caleb by the color of his shirt and whispered, "Just go with it." as she planted a kiss on him. For the crazy things Lorlei has done, this would be one of the crazy ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Seelie Queen on 2/15/2014, 10:50 pm

© made by fishy
Caleb Guardian

Was it wrong that when Augustus yelled at Lorelei, Caleb was ready to jump right through the message and beat the living crap out of him? Or was it wrong that Caleb's heart melted to the soles of his feet when Lorelei kissed him?

His first kiss had been a dare when he was in the seventh grade. Not his dare -- the girl who had the guts to kiss him's dare. It was quick and tasted like cheap lip gloss. Now, comparing that kiss to this one -- audience or not -- was like comparing a puddle to an ocean.
He could just barely make out the taste of Chapstick, and he closed his eyes...

WAIT A SECOND.

Was he... enjoying the kiss? He guessed he was. Lorelei was his best friend... did he really feel for her that way? His cheeks burned, and he pulled away, embarrassed to no extent. (And when he did pull away, he realized how awkward it had been; he was so much taller than Lei, he was bent over at an odd angle.)

"I'm sorry," he muttered, not sure who or what he was apologizing to or about.

And a feeling struck him: he did like Lei. And he hated himself for it.

She was his friend... how would she... she kissed him knowing it would piss of her brother, and yet, even knowing all of this, Caleb still felt giddy inside.
The Seelie Queen
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next