A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Nephilim in a PJO RP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Nephilim in a PJO RP? Empty
PostSubject: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/2/2014, 6:53 pm

When I first joined this site(yesterday) I thought up the idea of having a Nephilim character. Interesting concept, right? What would it be like for the child of one of the heavenly host (or Lucifer's rebel angels) to be in a camp of Greek demigods? I was told that due to the nature of this site, a Nephilim character might not be the right fit. I accepted this and made a new character, but the idea refused to leave my head. So, now I'm thinking of doing an RP of this sort with some of my friends, and I was wondering what all of you think. What would it be like for the Nephilim? How would the other campers treat them? How would he act towards the other campers? And what about the gods? How would the Greek gods react to a Nephilim in the camp? I need some ideas for this. I won't do this RP on this site because of this site's rules, but I value the opinions of my fellow role players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 1:31 am

It's basically an AU. You could as well send a Hogwarts student to Camp or a child of a Celtic divinity.
Personally, I really disagree with this concept of sending non PJO characters to Camp Half-Blood. I have issues with the Norse and Egyptian demigods here, for example.

Click on the gifs

Nephilim in a PJO RP? Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
Nephilim in a PJO RP? Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 8:44 am

While I can understand that some people wouldn't like the idea, I don't see why it would necessarily have to be au. The Kane Chronicles are confirmed to exist in the same reality as Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and in the Kane Chronicle they acknowledged the existence of Moses. Not only that, but Riordian has said that he is thinking about writing a Norse series that also takes place in the same universe. From what I can tell, Riodarn's world is one where all the ancient gods exist simultaneously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 8:48 am

Yes, but I'd still not have this whole thing expand. In the Kane Chronicles, there is magic, which won't mean we're gonna allow Hogwarts pupils in the RP threads. See what I mean?

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 8:52 am

I'm not saying it has to be on this site. I understand that you and the other admins don't want that here, and I am okay with that, whatever your reasons. I am simply looking for ideas for a personal project. I thought that as this is a PJO role playing site, the people here might have some ideas on the concept.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 8:56 am

Oh. If you're doing it on a separate site, that's alright.

I don't know how people would react to the Nephilim. First off, where would he sleep? There are no cabins for archangel's children.
Also, I find the idea of angels having children rather weird.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 9:14 am

I did at first too, when I first learned about the Nephilim. But they are in the Bible, so it has to happen somehow. As to where he sleeps, he could either go to the Hermes cabin, as that is where the cabin less campers always use to go, or they might send him to the cabin of whichever god is closest to that particular angel. Like a son of Michael, as Michael leads the forces of heaven, might end up in the Are's cabin. As to how he would be treated, that's the thing I've been wrestling with. Because while I highly doubt the gods would take kindly to him being in their camp, I'm not sure how the other campers would act. Would they view him with distrust because they don't understand him? Would they expect some holy miracles from him? I'm just not sure when it comes to the campers.

Last edited by Warlic Elfire on 2/3/2014, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha Wolf
Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind
Alpha Wolf

Male
Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2012-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 9:55 am

You know you can just put the story in the stories section. It's what it's there for. Also unclaimed went to Hermes cabin not Apollo. And I'm sure that they'd just view him as someone that was a like to them as Chiron did state in the first book and it was made a point in the Kane Chronicles, that all things are connected. It'd be uncommon that's for sure, but it's not exactly "unnatural"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 10:06 am

Sorry, wrong god. I knew it was Hermes, just put in the wrong name. I understand your point, though it kind of takes some of the excitement out of the idea. I don't know. When Percy Jackson and Carter Kane met they seemed pretty freaked out by the idea of other gods and such. I wonder what the repercussions of a Nephilim at Camp Half Blood would be. What would happen if those worlds collided? It would be interesting seeing the campers having to fight Fallen angels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davis
JAEGERRRRRRR
Davis

Female
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 12:23 pm

i smell supernatural all over this

i honestly don't know anything about nephilism, but if it's a bible thing, the general rule of thumb with that is the bible believes in one supreme god, yes? that controls everything? so wouldn't that somehow interrupt the idea of different gods for different things, like one for healing and one for war etc. etc.

I also didnt read cane chronicals, but i imagine it worked because there were still multiple gods in the belief. there may be multiple angels in nephilism (idek man) but isn't there that whole big thing about a single deity tho?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 12:27 pm

He is the one true god. The others can theoretically still exist, Christians just don't view them as real gods. Of course, modern Christians view them as fictional, but ancient Christians viewed them as evil creatures that lured men away from the worship of the true god.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davis
JAEGERRRRRRR
Davis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 12:30 pm

wait so you're making a a child of a god that encompasses everything? bc that reeks of OP

also if s/he went in like "ayyyy your parents are evil lmfao" i dont think the demigods would take kindly to it

just my opinion but i don't think monotheism is going to mesh well with polytheism in the context of a PJ universe

but you can always make an attempt if you wish

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 12:35 pm

He's not Jesus. He isn't God's son. He is the son of one of thousands of angels. And just because his dad was an angel doesn't mean he is a devout Christian. That's like saying all the demigods are devoted pagans. In fact, some of the demigods in camp are actually somewhat Christian. I think if anyone is going to be attacking anyone, it will be the Greek gods messing with his life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davis
JAEGERRRRRRR
Davis

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 12:43 pm

this is the part where i say lol i dont know anything about nephilism and what it entails

i do think that he'd be seen as an outsider though. specifically what they do, i couldn't tell you bc i dont think it would work. sorry i'm not more help :C
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warlic Elfire

Warlic Elfire

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime2/3/2014, 7:35 pm

All good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nephilim in a PJO RP?   Nephilim in a PJO RP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nephilim in a PJO RP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Out of Character Talk-