Uh-oh.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uh-oh.

Post by Milocross on 3/4/2014, 5:35 pm

The heavy feeling in her chest was all Milocross could focus on as she walked in. Something wasn't right, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Looking in all directions in a paranoid fashion, she screamed when she saw a (half)human face in front of her. Frowning at the sight of her brother, her anger overtook her and she shoved him hard.

"Go away Corvus."

All he could spit out was laughter when she screamed, but quickly stopped when she shoved him. He was smart enough to stay on the ground, especially around Milocross.

Unlike most people, she didn't anger him. As much as she should have, he was able to turn the other cheek when it came to her. But boy does he love to tease her.

"Come on, don't be like that. You're such a scaredy cat, especially for a daughter of Erida."

"Shut up Corvus!"

Siblings are great aren't they?

Last edited by Milocross on 7/30/2014, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
Number of posts : 7768
Registration date : 2010-01-08

View user profile https://vine.co/u/937945522256379904

Back to top Go down

Re: Uh-oh.

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/11/2014, 5:01 pm

The aegipan silently stuck his head out of the water. His silky fins were undulating in the light stream, but he was inhabited enough to lake environments to know how to move with complete silence.
Gliding the trunk of his humanoid body behind a boulder, keeping his claws retracted into his nailless fingers which were connected by a fine, fin-like membrane, the aegipan peeped to the right with his goat head. His hairy nostrils hadn't betrayed him, there were indeed two demigods here. Two fresh, juicy demigods he could drag underwater, drown and eat. And if one of those despicable -- yet really charming, hehehe -- naiads dared to even approach him or interrupt him, he'd show how razor-sharp his claws really were.
Withdrawing behind the boulder, the aegipan started relying only on his nostrils and his ears to locate the two demigods and perhaps draw back more if they were coming his way.... until he jumped up and dragged them into the lake.
He just hoped they weren't some kind of marine demigods -- Triton kids, for example.
That would really suck.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15569
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milocross on 3/11/2014, 10:26 pm

Simply giggling at his sister, Corvus stood up and looked at the lake, keeping one eye on Milocross, making sure she wouldn't try to hurt him. He hadn't noticed the monster yet, but soon enough he would.

He spoke with a grin. "So have you met any boys yet here?"

"Yeah, I'm talking to an annoying one right now." Milocross turned towards the lake, facing away from him. Normally she wouldn't turn away from people she despised, but she knew Corvus would never hurt her.

She saw a head poked out of the water, and turned white. Her head began to spin and her stomach was ful of butterflies. Fear was not typically in her personality, but it overcame her and her vision began to blur at the site of the horrid thing. Grabbing weakly at Corvus' shoulder, she found herself unable to speak, and spat out nonsense.

"Cor-... w-... th..."

"What? What is it? Did you forget to take your meds or something?" Corvus tried to fit humor into the situation, despite his deep concern for Milocross. His sister was normally cruel and obnoxious, and he didn't ever think she was capable of fear. Especially when nothing was directly threatening her life -- or so he thought. She looked like she had just seen a ghost. Maybe she was sick? Or maybe she was just weird.

She pointed towards the lake, her arm shaking violently. ""l...look..."
As soon as Corvus saw what she was looking at, he couldn't quite tell what it was. What is that? he thought to himself. Is it a rock? But why would Milo be scared of a rock? It hit him. Oh crap...

Stepping back, he grabbed his sisters arm and tried to get her to run. "Milo, we need to go. This thing will kill us." Corvus was a fighter himself, but even he was smart enough to avoid fighting monsters.

"N-no. We have to stay and fight." I can't let my anxiety take over.

Quickly able to change her mood by simply thinking about her father, Milocross began to feel angry, angry that a monster would even dare enter her domain. Wasn't this camp supposed to be monster free, anyways? This made her even angrier, which dominated her anxiety and made it look like nothing. Neglecting her anxiety and tossing it to the side as if it were trash, she took out he brass knuckles and put them on. --"Give me your old sword." A simple demand. She would not be polite nor patient when facing a threat this great.

Without protest, Corvus gave her the CB sword he had used before he obtained the gift from his mother. It surprisingly was in good shape, despite never being used. Besides, Milocross would never be able to fight a monster with just brass knuckles. She needed more.

"Wait for it to come to us, if we go in the water, it will have the advantage. Move back."
Corvus never took orders from anyone, but this was an emergency, so the two siblings both moved back away from the water, hoping the monster wouldn't be big enough to sweep them in.

They prepared to fight. Possibly for an hour, maybe more. Corvus kept a war face on as he stood still, assessing the situation. IN the back of his mind, there was a grin, only because he was able to fight with someone more powerful than him.

It was kind of embarrassing that it was his little sister.

Last edited by Milocross on 7/30/2014, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milocross

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/16/2014, 1:01 pm

Dammit. His lunch had spotted him.
He didn't really know why he felt suddenly apprehensive. Like, they were two youngsters and he was... well, okay, alone, but he was hundreds and hundreds of years old. And like his Daddy had always told him: 'they're twice as frightened as you could be'.
The aegipan knew they would not come near the water for now, so the only way to attract them was to somehow prove he was not there. If they stopped seeing him, they would slowly build up the courage to go and look if there was really something behind that rock or if they had just imagined it.
The monster slowly slid back underwater, noiselessly, still out of sight range of the demigods. His goat head disappeared and his gills trembled as he breathed the fresh water in.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milocross on 4/9/2014, 11:53 pm

Somehow the monster had disappeared while the siblings weren't looking. Perhaps it was just their imaginations? Corvus grew confused and suspicious. He still believed there was a monster there, but how would one just waltz into camp like that? He tried using his brain for once rather than his brawn.

"Milo... Do you really think it was a monster? Those rocks over there look like they could've been what we saw..."

Growling emerged from Milocross' throat. Her anger started to take control. She thumped him on the nose rather than stabbing him with her sword, however.

"Of course not you idiot! I know what I saw, and it was a monster."

Corvus took a step forward after his sister had thumped him, and looked down on her with a large height difference.

"Oh please, you're full of it. When we were still living with dad you would believe me when I told you that your spaghetti was made out of worms."

"Shut up! I was five!"

Looking up at him strained her neck. Instead of 'harming' herself, she sat down and folded her arms.

"I'm mad at you."

They were incredibly far from the lake due to their amount of fear, but distraction overcame Corvus and Milocross as their stupid argument turned into a 'fight'. Maybe they would be lunch, maybe not.

Last edited by Milocross on 7/30/2014, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milocross

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/10/2014, 7:48 am

Where were they? the poor little monster thought as his tummy rumbled. He straightened his ears and let one emerge from the water, behind the rock, and caught up a clash of voices, as if they were arguing.

"Oh please, you're full of it. When we were still living with dad you would believe me when I told you that your spaghetti was made out of worms."

"Shut up! I was five!"

By Kronos and all the Titans, should he have shown his presence more? The girl had seen him, after all.
Let's just wait. If they argue, the only way to settle it is to find out. He patted his beer belly and waited, wishing there existed some kind of self-service thingy for monsters, like mortals had them. Hunting was sometimes such a pain.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum