A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

OW. Owowowowow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
daddeme
Role Playing Legend
daddeme

Female
Number of posts : 14200
Registration date : 2011-08-04

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/9/2014, 7:01 pm

For about two years I have been harassing my mother to let me get the cartilage of my ear pierced. I begged, I pleaded, I latched on to her leg, I appeared everywhere she went - JUST FOR THIS ONE PIERCING. So we go to the mall today and she's saying that she had a "surprise" or something like that for my upcoming birthday. We walk into Claire's and lo and behold she's telling me to pick out my earring.

But what's the problem?

IT HURTS LIKE HELL and I don't know what to do with it. I was hoping that any of you that may have any of your cartilage pierced, an ear piercing you remember (I was a baby when both of my ears were pierced), or some random part of your body pierced could help me. How can I lessen the pain? Is there a certain way I should sleep? Please and thank you. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano
Milocross

Female
Number of posts : 7771
Registration date : 2010-01-08

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/9/2014, 7:29 pm

You shouldn't sleep in a way that puts pressure on the pain.

Eat some cherries if you have any, I promise they'll help relieve some pain.

But if it doesn't, just take some (non-prescription)pain pills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edgar Allan Poe
Experienced Member
Edgar Allan Poe

Female
Number of posts : 5513
Registration date : 2011-11-10

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/9/2014, 7:35 pm

It's not very normal to hurt. Unless it's quite recent. Then it will stop by tomorrow.  To relieve the pain, Catherine's advice is pretty good. Is it red and swollen? Maybe you're having an allergy or an infection. In this case, you should take the piercing off and put some ointment on your ear. Wait until it's back to normal, then desinfect the piercing with alcohol or something before putting it back. If it goes on, you should stop wearing it. If there is something like pus, you should see a doctor, because it's a symptom of an infection that may be serious. In my case, I have both of my ears pierced, and whenever I wear an earring which is not made of pure gold or silver, I get an allergy similar to infection. It goes back to normal when I take it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dat-creepy-goth-girl.tumblr.com/
daddeme
Role Playing Legend
daddeme

Female
Number of posts : 14200
Registration date : 2011-08-04

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/9/2014, 8:56 pm

Yeah, it's very new. I literally got it about six hours ago, so the redness is still there but fading. I probably have some cherries somewhere around this mickyfickey. Thanks for the advice btw guys. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules
Loyal Member
Jules

Female
Number of posts : 2548
Registration date : 2012-08-04

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/10/2014, 3:31 pm

coconut oil near the area of the peircing should prevent an infection
dont fiddle with it or let it be touched by your hair or anything for some time.

OW. Owowowowow. Star-plucker-smiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://themusemoose.wordpress.com/
Alfred F. Jones
Role Playing Legend
Alfred F. Jones

Male
Number of posts : 11217
Registration date : 2010-01-13

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime3/11/2014, 5:13 pm

i have two cartilage piercings and when i first got them i cried like a baby lmao
but yeah don't touch it a lot, apply some oil to it like asi said and make sure to not sleep on it at night since it will bother you
it will hurt a LOT when you touch it now (at least it hurt for me), but in some time it will stop hurting and you'll probably even forget that there's an earring in your cartilage since you won't be able to feel any pain from it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

OW. Owowowowow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: OW. Owowowowow.   OW. Owowowowow. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OW. Owowowowow.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Out of Character Talk-