stumbling in the shallows

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: stumbling in the shallows

Post by Sammy on 7/20/2014, 12:37 am

OOC: Yeah, My brith mom lives there, and I've visited her a few times. I'm leaving tomorrow (Sunday) morning, but I'll be on all night. So if you don't mind waiting a week, that would be great.

BIC: Colin smirked, holding out his arm and letting the snake slither onto hers. "If you feel it tighten, let me know. They never really bother me, but...you know. They won't bite or anything, they just don't react well to other people," He explained. Yeah, yeah, the son of Serket was defending the poisonous beasts. Are you surprised?

Colin examined her as the snake transitioned. To be honest, he'd never met a girl so...brave before. In some weird, freaky, philosophical way she reminded him of himself. And, as already stated, she did look pretty good. And she did seriously beat down that griffin.

Wow, Colin. How romantic. She killed a griffin.

Colin quickly shook the feeling off. It didn't matter, anyway. Even if she could handle a snake like a pro, which was pretty impressive.
Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2014-05-12

View user profile http://www.uniquely-unoriginal.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/20/2014, 2:30 am

"This little guy seems nice," Leila smiled softly as the snake coiled around her own arm. "Whenever you summon the snakes are they usually the same ones or are they just random every time?"

She used her free hand to scratch it's head gently, her fingers running down its smooth scales. She trusted the snake not to bite her or anything and she trusted Colin not to let it though he did say that they didn't. And if she did get bit oh well, it's not like she'd die or anything. She giggled a bit as it slid up her arm a bit more. Honestly, she was so ticklish that even a snake could make her burst out laughing. She bit her lip with the corners of her mouth twitching upwards and refrained from flinging the snake off her arm before she embarrassingly guffawed out of nowhere.  

Leila held out her other arm and the snake moved onto that one, wrapping itself around it as she removed her other arm. She owned a snake when she was a little girl although that one was more of a little garden snake that had a habit of curling around her fingers rather than this large one that could go around her arm but she thought they were kind of similar in their dark color. She leaned her arm closer to Colin's so that it'd go back over to him, giving him a gleeful smile with a hint of a smirk playing at her lips when it just curled itself tighter against her arm.

"I think this one likes me better." She stated in a somewhat triumphant and proud tone.

OOC: That sounds nice and I can totally wait a week, I don't mind at all. I really like where this rp is going and would wait a month for it if I had to haha

Last edited by kayla vern on 7/23/2014, 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2013-12-01

View user profile http://www.wattpad.com/user/ReadersForLife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/20/2014, 2:44 am

Colin smirked at the comment, before taking the snake back and letting it gently squirm back into the ground. "Usually, its different ones. This one's been showing up a lot, though. He doesn't really like me that much. So, naturally, I named him Most Girls," he explained, watching as the tail flicked away.

Now, they were left in one of those awkward silences. Well, this was fun.

"Have you ever been cliff-diving?" he asked, hoping for her to say no. He wanted to spend more time with her, really, and she seemed like the kind of girl who would enjoy that.
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/20/2014, 3:04 am

Leila stifled something between a laugh and a snort when Colin said that, putting a fist in her mouth to stop a grin. Most Girls eh? She kind of thought that was hilarious. She glanced back up at him and started laughing, not being able to help herself. "Most Girls? That's a funny nickname for a snake though I don't see how 'most girls' don't really like you since you're pretty weird. Well in a good way."

She straightened herself back up, holding her left arm with her right hand as she crossed her right ankle back and forth. That wasn't considered flirting right? She hoped it didn't because if it did, man was she really out of the game. Not that she was ever in the game to begin with. More like that kid who got picked last for sports or something.

"No I haven't. Not yet at least though, I wanna try it some time. It seems fun! But I've sky dived before so the basics'll probably be the same just this time without a parachute or support. Just water. Plus, I'm great at falling into water, haven't you noticed? I could easily become a pro like that." Leila grinned, snapping her fingers on 'that'.
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/20/2014, 3:21 am

OOC: That metaphor in the middle was too complicated for my slow brain, but I kind of understand it. I think xD

BIC: Colin laughed as she brought the falling thing up again. "Actually, I was planning on heading to Tar Creek Falls for some diving, if you're interested. I leave...whenever. I have a pretty loose schedule, as you can see." If Colin believed in luck, he would be crossing all ten fingers. "And I promise you won't hit your face this time,"

"As far as right now goes, I am getting kind of hungry," It must be around lunch time, seeing how Colin had planned a lonely picnic on the beach. Which was actually why he came here, now that he thought about it. He reached into he backpack and removed two sandwiches, sealed in plastic bags, as well as some grapes and cupcakes.

Yeah, okay, he packed for two. It was still a habit of his to be preparing two meals instead of just one, though. The second meal usually went to some squirrel or something in the forest, true, but hey. If it helps a guy cope to waste food while kids in Africa are starving, who could blame him?
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/20/2014, 3:40 am

"You know all the hotspots don't you?" Leila joked with a raised eyebrow. "That sounds great, I'd love to go if you don't mind. How about sometime next week? And don't make promises you can't keep, I'm 98% sure I'm going to fall into something at that trip. It's in California right? I actually used to live in Cali."

Now that Colin had mentioned hunger Leila frowned when she realized she probably missed lunch in the mess hall by now. Great, now she had to smuggle something later on like a criminal. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw Colin take out exactly two sandwiches. The boy must've had a big appetite or something. Since she didn't want to particularly move or get up anywhere she'd just have to watch him eat. Gods, she was so desperate that she would even pull out her puppy dog eyes.

"You usually eat that much?" She inquired, pulling her knees up and resting her chin on top of them. Usually she would've just ask for the extra sandwich but from experience she learned not to interrupt a growing teen's food cycle. Although she was the same when she ate, scary possessive and stuffing her face with anything in sight. Just thinking about it made her flustered in self embarrassment.

OOC: Honestly speaking I'm not even sure I got it completely myself
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/25/2014, 6:39 pm

"Sounds perfect," He said, happy he wouldn't be alone for his next trip.

Now, Colin wasn't a big fan on lying. That didn't mean he wasn't good at it, though. After all, his mother was the goddess of snakes, some of the most deceitful animals to roam the Earth.

But he still didn't like it.

"Its a force of habit," He said, kind of revealing the truth but mostly keeping it hidden. "You want this one?" He asked, picking up one of the sandwiches and offering it to her. "I'm not gonna eat it, anyway. Usually give it to the birds."
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/25/2014, 9:27 pm

"Don't mind if I do. Thanks!" Leila chirped as she took the sandwich from Colin's hand and took it out of the bag eagerly. She took a large bite out of it once it was out and took another one, nearly already finishing half. She ate happily with her cheeks filled resembling a chipmunk's and turned to Colin to ask him something when she realized her mouth was full. She looked back down and let herself finish what was in her mouth before she talked with her mouth full so she didn't look like an ill mannered pig. She got like that around food sometimes. Okay maybe all the time.

"So what kind of things have you done? Well I mean other things. Obviously you seem like a really recklessly fun kind of guy with all the high lining, rappeling, and what not. Anything else you've done?" Leila asked curiously when she swallowed the rest of the food. She took smaller bites this time rather than just shoveling it in her mouth like she did earlier so that she could actually talk.

OOC: Are you back from Argentina? How was it :D
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/25/2014, 9:45 pm

"Nothing much," He said, trying to decide how much he should reveal. "Just a bunch of adventuring. Hiking, swimming, stuff like that. I used to travel a lot with my dad," He decided to try to tell her as much as he could without letting anything go. Things like the fact that his father was insanely rich didn't help spawn genuine relationships.

Genuine relationship? Gods, he really needed to focus. He was out of the dating game, had been for years, and he was determine to stay that way. Colin snuck a peek over at her from under his arms. Gods, she was even beautiful when she ate.

"What about you?" he asked, hoping to switch the conversation away from where it was heading. The topicof his past was a rough one.

OOC: Amazing! Every time I laid down, though, every muscle in my body hurt. But, you know, what doesn't kill you xD
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/25/2014, 10:00 pm

"Wow that sounds amazing, traveling around like that. The only place I've ever traveled was from California to New York although I guess that doesn't count." Leila chuckled softly. She finished off the remainder of her sandwich and tucked the plastic bag in the pocket of her shorts. She'd always wanted to travel constantly. Hell, ever since she was little she wanted to go backpacking with her dad whenever he had the time. But of course he never did.

She scratched her head when he redirected the question to her, messing up her hair. She hated it when she accidentally did that so her hair would be sticking up everywhere and it'd get in her way so in the end she just took off the hair tie holding her hair and place and combed it out with fingers while she thought.

"My dad didn't really have time to take me out to do things nevertheless even travel. But he took me sky diving one time since he got tired of my begging and we went camping sometimes but that's pretty much it," Leila recalled with a small shrug. She tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and turned her body towards the other boy so she didn't have to keep moving her head. Besides, now she got a full view on him and she wouldn't seem considered rude or weird if she kept looking at him and his good looking face.

"What places did you travel?"

OOC: Yikes did you move around a lot? -bursts into song- WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/27/2014, 12:45 am

OOC: STAND A LITTLE TALLER DOESN'T MEAN I'M LONELY WHEN I'M ALONE...

/clears throat

No just a lot of farming. xD

BIC: "Oh, you know, the usual. Greece, Paris, London, Tokyo. I was born on a plane to Egypt," He replied, trying not to brag. The conversation had turned back toward his past, and that was fine, as long as he avoided the one question. "I didn't have the best relationship with my father, either. I left home when I was ten, came to camp at thirteen. He was a business man, didn't have time for my horseplay."

Colin finished his sandwich and stuffed his bag into his backpack, taking hers as well. "To be honest, I've never met a girl who cold finish a sandwich before me," He said with an approving laugh. He laid back against the blanket, checking his watch. It wasn't that late, they probably had a few more minutes. In fact, he had the rest of the day free.
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/27/2014, 11:16 pm

Leila had to hide her snicker when he answered her question and raised her eyebrows when he said that he was born on a plane to Egypt.

"Oh, you know, the usual. I just kind of traveled through Asia and Europe, no biggie or anything," Leila mocked lightly with a dramatic shrug of her shoulders. "Do you know how much people would die to be able travel like that and get away from home? I sure would've, imagine all the different kinds of foods you could eat and try!"

Okay, maybe she was exaggerating. No- scratch that, she'd kill a man to try all the different cultural foods. She didn't really know what to say when he talked about his father because, well, she never really had problems with her family like that so she couldn't really relate although she guessed she could on some level. Her father was a doctor, the reason they even moved to New York so with his busy schedule he couldn't really see her so at most they saw each other during the early mornings.

"Well it's not like you eat fast or anything, or at least to me. It could be due to the fact that I was hungry and aching for food." She pointed out with a grin. She laid herself half way down, propping her upper body with her elbows as they dug into the sand.

"What happened in the three years before you came to camp? Were you with someone at least?" Leila asked with a hint of concern and curiosity. She hoped that he didn't have to live in the streets all by himself when he was younger, she couldn't even imagine what could happen.

OOC: Wooooah farming? That's some workout, was it hot too? If it was then dayum I'm wondering if you got a tan

kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/28/2014, 10:53 pm

OOC: Yeah, it was hot, but, you know. Its hard to get a tan when you're almost 100 % latino xD

BIC: Colin winced a bit at the question. Out of all the questions she could ask, it had to be that one.

Colin still hated lying, though, and, even if it seemed weird, he felt compelled to open up. He did, however, have a way of opening up while keeping it all contained.

"Yeah, I had a mortal friend who was a bit younger. She could see through the mist. She kind of was like a little sister," Who I fell in love with after a few months "I took care of her and she tried to make sure I didn't get killed in the process," Did I mention she died right in front of me? "We got...separated after a hellhound attack. I ended up pretty badly injured," Will could actually feel his heart speeding up. Wait, what?

He hadn't had a panic attack in two years.He'd pretty much learned to hold them off as much as possible. This couldn't be happening. He closed his eyes, trying to calm his breathing. He managed to succeed, but only by a bit.

"Sorry, I just..." He said, not really sure how to finish the statement. Gods, he hoped she wouldn't feel bad about asking. "Its kind of hard to talk about. Not your fault or anything,"
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/28/2014, 11:37 pm

Leila immediately regretted asking that question once she saw how uncomfortable he looked at answering. She wanted to tell him that he didn't have to answer but he spoke before she could get the words out. She reached out to put her hand on his shoulder in support when he closed his eyes and his breathing somewhat seemed off but she pulled away in fear that he might just slap it away.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." She replied softly almost a murmur. She wanted to perk up and say, 'Hey cheer up! You don't know if she's dead, you guys only got separated, I'm sure she's fine.' But something told her that wasn't the case. Call it intuition or the fact that hell hounds were mean things that didn't let you off easily.

Gods now it was awkward and silent. Why'd she have to be so stupid and break the light mood they had going there? Great going Leila, she thought to herself spitefully. In a terrible attempt to break the ice she gave a stupid grin and started a terrible joke that she was sure she was going to regret.

"How much does a polar bear weigh?" Leila asked with a nervous laugh at the terrible attempt.

OOC: Lol okay so no tan and this post is awful cause I didn't know how to break the ice so I literally just went with an ice breaker joke hahaha kill me now please
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/28/2014, 11:57 pm

His breathing was calming down, and he let out a light hearted laugh. Colin kind of wanted to get over with the whole thing. "I have no idea, but I wouldn't want to pick one up," He said, encouraging her attempt at brightening the mood.

"Seriously, though, its not your fault. I would've asked the same if I were in your position. You have no reason to worry about anything, Miss Leila," He said, his lightness obscuring the emotional pain he'd have to nurse that night.

He pushed his glasses up further onto his nose, laying back in the sand. The sky was insanely clear, and he was glad he was lucky enough to be able to see it. Gods, imagine being blind. Imagine not even being able to enjoy how nice the view from the top of a mountain is right before you jump. Or possibly even deaf. Gods, not being able to hear the birds sing high above you, wishing you could fly the way they did.

Colin let his thoughts drift off into things like this all the time. Really, it had started right after the attack. He'd been a broken 13 year old, and reminding himself of things like this taught him to be grateful for what he had.
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/29/2014, 12:54 am

She pouted when he replied and let out a dramatic sigh and rolled her eyes, "You obviously have never heard that joke before. The other person, you in this case, would say 'I dunno' or something and I'd reply with, 'Enough to break the ice!'."

Leila let the sassy facade pass and resorted back to a content smile, watching as Colin laid back down on the sand. She let out a yawn and covered her mouth with the back of her hand. Gods, she wanted to lay down too. It seemed like a good time for a nap. But she didn't just want to fall asleep on the guy well not on-on him but like around him. She nodded when he told her she didn't have to worry over anything.

She didn't know why but she liked the way he said her name. Okay never mind that sounded creepy even in her own mind. Just thinking about that made her face tinge with a blush and she turned her head away like she found interest in the waters ahead of them. Well actually it was relaxing of the sorts. She absentmindedly brought her hand up to her necklace, rubbing the jewel on it with her thumb, its pale blue color reminding her of the lake.

It was stupid of her to throw it in the lake in the first place but at least because of it she got to meet Colin. But then again she also had to kill a griffin. Leila glanced back over to where it's body disintegrated into dust, seeing no remnant it had ever been there as the wind breezed past.
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/29/2014, 9:45 pm

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, watching as her eyes filled with something. Colin was good with empathy, but not necessarily emotion. But he could've sworn he saw something along the lines of regret or sorrow in there.

His overwhelming sense of curiosity drowned out his usual empathetic side for a bit. He sat up, squinting so he could see better. There was literally nothing over there. Except maybe some left over shards of griffin-dust.

Wait a second.

"You can't honestly feel bad about killing that thing, can you?" He asked, not too harshly, but not extremely kind either. "Sorry, I mean...It would've killed us, Leila!" He didn't really know if he was on a personal enough basis to include "us" and "Leila" in one sentence, but whatever. She didn't seem like the girl to really care.
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/29/2014, 10:19 pm

Leila was startled and nearly fell over when Colin spoke. She looked back over to him and tilted her head with a furrow of her eyebrows. Had she looked like she regretted killing the thing? Well maybe she did in some sense but she had enough wit to know what Colin said was true and that it would've indeed killed her. Or the both of them. Thats why she killed it in the first place.

"I don't feel bad about killing it," She stated to clear things up. She hesitated. "Okay maybe a little bit but it doesn't bother me or anything." Maybe she should be a little worried about that. Worried about not feeling bad after she killed something.

She killed things before and their deaths didn't really effect her because she believed in the rule: "If someone hits you, hit them back." Well technically, they maimed and she killed but they were more or less the same. This griffin wasn't any different. After all their sole purpose of even showing up was to kill them anyway so why not? She was thinking about this too much.

"It doesn't bother you does it?" Leila asked even though she could easily predict that answer.
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/30/2014, 8:18 am

"No, I don't. Gods, I thought you'd gone all peace, love, and monster breath for a second there," He said with a short laugh. He was about to lay back down in the sand when his watch gave a short beep, alerting him that it was around time for his next activity to start. He was pretty sure it was archery.

Thank the gods for not having to do much today.

Now, Colin didn't know how these schedules worked, but that could mean Leila had to go somewhere. And while he didn't like that idea at all, he hated the idea of making her late.

"About next week," he said, wanting to get this in before she could leave, "Can you meet me at the top of the Hill at 8:30 AM?"

OOC: If you wanna keep rping, we can pick up at next week.
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/30/2014, 5:23 pm

"Pfft, you wish lover boy." Leila retorted with an eye roll and a grin. She glanced down at his watch that gave out a noise and glanced at the time. Her eyes widened and she stumbled as she stood up getting ready to leave, already ready to give out apologies and goodbyes. She had forgotten all about her activities. Oh gods, this son of Serket was going to be the death of her.

She was going to be late for javelin practice and that was one of her favorite things to do at camp. Well besides sword fighting and meeting interesting people a.k.a the boy in front of her. She looked up, her hair falling in her face as Colin spoke. She nodded and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Sure, of course! Er how many days should I pack for or is it just a one day thing?" Leila asked with a faint blush at her stumbling over words.

OOC: Of course I wanna keep rping, wanna make the topic?
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/30/2014, 5:26 pm

"Three is good. We won't be gone long, but don't bring anything too nice. Maybe some old T-Shirts or something!" I replied.

"You better hurry, Miss Advil. Wouldn't want to be late," He said, happy to have thought of a nickname. Oh, he loved nicknames. Like, it was a crazy obsession. He had a nickname for everyone, really.

I'll have to tell you about that later, though.

OOC: Yeah, I'll start it. :)

http://www.camphalfblood.org/t19536-numbing-the-poisonprivate#1183600
Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 7/30/2014, 5:42 pm

"Should I bring a tent or a sleeping bag? Sounds like we're going to be camping for a while," Leila noted as she walked backwards towards the direction of the arena, slowly growing distance. She nearly fell backwards by not looking where she was going and gave a sheepish smile towards his direction.

Miss Advil huh? She grinned at that. What a funny nickname. She waved him off after she heard his answer and began to run off, glancing back just once.

OOC: Okie dokes
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy on 7/30/2014, 5:48 pm

"Yeah, if you can!" He yelled, watching her run off.

Well, okay then. Guess he was going camping next week.

He smiled as he thought of it. Wow. A whole three days with the most beautiful girl at camp. What a story.

Sammy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top