A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Aaaaand another poll!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like this?
Yes
Aaaaand another poll! Vote_lcap51%Aaaaand another poll! Vote_rcap
 51% [ 19 ]
No
Aaaaand another poll! Vote_lcap49%Aaaaand another poll! Vote_rcap
 49% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Aaaaand another poll! Empty
PostSubject: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 7:23 am

So we're currently discussing whether or not to make the Norse Cabin into a whole new section called Camp Norse and make the Egyptians cabin into Brooklyn Mansion. This would also mean Egyptian characters wouldn't be demigods but people who follow the paths of the gods. As for those of you who have characters dating cross-mythologies (e.g. Norse char dating a Greek one), meetings can always be arranged.

What do you say, would you like this?

Click on the gifs

Aaaaand another poll! Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
Aaaaand another poll! Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaze
Retired Staff Member <3
Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 3957
Registration date : 2012-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 11:07 am

Would the outcome be as active as Camp Jupiter? Or even the Hunters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano
Milocross

Female
Number of posts : 7771
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 11:39 am

A lot of people bashed CJ and I would expect the same for CN. It'll just become inactive and take up space on the website after people toy around with if for 6 months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 12:26 pm

I wouldn't say so. People here already have a significant amount of Norse/Egyptian characters they've RPed with for a while, so I guess the sections would be pretty active, simply because the persons have grown too accustomed to their characters to just toss them away after six months, like Catherine suggested.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milocross
Milocross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 12:58 pm

It doesn't matter if you 'grow accustomed' to your character. People grew accustomed to their characters in CJ but look how that turned out, it's dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 1:04 pm

I think it's worth giving it a shot. After all, if it does fail, we'll just bring the two cabins back.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milocross
Milocross

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 1:18 pm

It's worth a shot I guess, but there's also no point in keeping a dead section of the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 1:19 pm

Thanks for your feedback Cat <3

(Imo, as long as RPs are still going on, the section ain't dead.)

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moriarty
Dedicated Member
moriarty

Female
Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2013-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 5:46 pm

I think it would be really cool to have two new camps. My only question is where would Camp Norse be? And maybe we could call it something more clever like "Camp of Odin" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mabel pines
gun.
mabel pines

Female
Number of posts : 8785
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/28/2014, 5:53 pm

i love the idea of having separate camps, but the only issue is someone may have formed a link between a greek and a norse of egyptian character, which could be kind of difficult to maintain. i'm all for separating them, but i think it'd be cool if somehow the camps kept in contact or something

View user profile http://glitteratti.tumblr.com/
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 1:09 am

@ Lila: That's what I was talking about when I said meetings ^.^

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
communist
Honorary Cat
communist

Female
Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 3:55 am

tbh I think it would just end up dying, like both cj and the hunters did. so no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://percyjacksonchb.forumsrpg.com/
Break
Dedicated Member
Break

Male
Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 5:49 am

I think it will end up dying plus a lot of people post with norse and Egyptian in a relationship with greeks.
Another thing is that there is a demigod norse book coming out so if we do this kind of thing we wait for official canon stuff to use.
I also would like the choice whether to stay at CHB or go to camp norse if this did happen.

Last edited by Break on 7/29/2014, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Role Playing Legend
Mason

Male
Number of posts : 11340
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 8:47 am

I voted yes, but we need plots. PLOTS. That's why Camp Jupiter died. You can't have them just floating around with no plots. I don't wanna talk about Greek and Roman plots here, but if we get these two then we would need some sorta plot. Plus, as break said, maybe we should hold off on Camp Norse until the book series, whether it be another category or completely different site. But now instead of a Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus RP, it's going to be a Percy Jackson and the Olympians/The Heroes of Olympus/Kane Chronicles/new Norse series RP, which could take a lot more commitment and maybe change the views on the site (now it's just an all around Rick Riordan myths site). So, to sum it up, with plots, accuracy, and commitment, yes. Without these things or even one of these things, no.

Mystery Box Prizes: 3 monster attacks, a name change, god parent visit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 9:55 am

Break wrote:
a lot of people post with norse and Egyptian in a relationship with greeks.

Morgan Landry wrote:
As for those of you who have characters dating cross-mythologies (e.g. Norse char dating a Greek one), meetings can always be arranged.

@ Mace> Personally, I'm all for plots. If we could RP the Roman/Greek war, or others, really, it'd be awesome. Perhaps we should have a section for plotting? Like, site-wide plots?

I think you're right, without events and plots to keep them going, all the sections would die.

What do you guys say, a plotting section to keep the whole RP area going?

As for waiting till the Norse series come out, I guess we could do that. Or we could do a draft where people can post and make it all pretty and accurate once the Norse series are out.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mason
Role Playing Legend
Mason

Male
Number of posts : 11340
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 10:12 am

Morgan Landry wrote:
Break wrote:
I think it will end up dying plus a lot of people post with norse and Egyptian in a relationship with greeks.

Morgan Landry wrote:
As for those of you who have characters dating cross-mythologies (e.g. Norse char dating a Greek one), meetings can always be arranged.

@ Mace> Personally, I'm all for plots. If we could RP the Roman/Greek war, or others, really, it'd be awesome. Perhaps we should have a section for plotting? Like, site-wide plots?

I think you're right, without events and plots to keep them going, all the sections would die.

What do you guys say, a plotting section to keep the whole RP area going?

I'm up for the plot section. I have a few plots in mind already:

A section for the Greek/Roman war. We could have them meet in the middle; probably Texas or something. We'd have people sign up.

Also, we have Carter and Sadie and such become canons and/or the admins/mods RP them. We could also sell in the site sop 'Hosts' which would be like 15k, for the gods that don't have a host. We have them training and such, and we give the Egyptians rooms in the Brooklyn House. I'd defiantly get an Egyptian for that.

For Norse, I say we have it Asgard-based. I mod a Norse site, made by Theseus, and we could give you a few designs of how to make the camp. Maybe sort of like Greeks, we have Odin try to destroy the camp or something, and we have Norses vs. Odin and his team. Also, maybe, we could have a In-Character Norse game where you have to find Thor's hammer or something? Maybe like a Quidditch type thing (lol) or we could do like a scavenger hunt with teams of two or three.

Mystery Box Prizes: 3 monster attacks, a name change, god parent visit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shade
Role Playing Legend
Shade

Male
Number of posts : 23694
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/29/2014, 11:05 am

For plots and all, and to help tie into both the Egyptian and Norse camps as well my old idea of a sort of revolution type thing still stands. http://www.camphalfblood.org/t19351-hey-i-just-re-joined-but-site-wide-plot-maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepriceoffreedom.jcink.net/index.php?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime7/31/2014, 4:51 am

Or, what we could do is do only Brooklyn Mansion for now, and do as Break said and wait till the Norse series come out. That way, with Brooklyn Mansion, we have a draft of how it'd be like.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jake.
curly-haired charmer
jake.

Male
Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime8/2/2014, 6:10 am

Okay, I'm just totally against this. It's a great idea!! But so many people have left the forum or went inactive, and just look at the Hunters or CJ. Okay, for the hunters, it's understandable that there aren't so many, because some people just don't have the money. But CJ? Let's be honest here, it was a bit of a flop.

So, if we do end up making Brooklyn Mansion and Camp Norse/Odin/Thor/Asgard, whatever, it will most likely be a flop too. Now, don't get all angry at me like, 'But Jake, how is a miserable creature like YOU supposed to know that????!!!!!111'...I don't. But...It's really quite likely. Just look at the Norse/Egyptian Cabins. Theres barely any Active-ness in there. Maybe once we have more members? I dunno.

Anyways, adios, amigos! :3 *bows and throws hat into the audience*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaaaand another poll!   Aaaaand another poll! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aaaaand another poll!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Out of Character Talk-