Quiet place at the late

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quiet place at the late

Post by wolfhowller on 9/7/2014, 7:51 pm

Hayden was enjoying getting some quality alone time. There was always just too many people in his cabin; it always felt stuffy and cramped. On top of that, he was not particularly good friends with any of his siblings. He got along fine with many of them usually, but he never was buddy-buddy with them. The most he ever did with them were the cabin activities or meals. Other than that, Hayden stayed by himself or hung out with other, non Hermes children, campers.

So, the lake was naturally the perfect area to get away. It had plenty of secluded places, which Hayden had found one that suited him. He slouched, sitting on a smooth and flat-ish rock. He rested his back against the trunk of a tree. He pulled out 'Latin 101.' It was a probably a high school or college text book; Hayden wasn't sure. But, he was fascinated with Roman culture ever since camp had heard about the other, different, demigods in California. Recently, he had started reading up on the ancient language. Though by recent, Hayden had just borrowed a copy from the Athena cabin this morning.

Hayden held the closed book in his hands; he still had a hard time rapping his mind around the fact that there was another camp. Another camp full of demigods like himself. He really wanted to visit it someday. "Then you better learn their language." Hayden said to himself. He cracked open the book, ready to soak up the basics.

wolfhowller

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2014-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Quiet place at the late

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/9/2014, 5:35 am

Falko was hanging out at the lake with the populars. They had taken the usual spot: on the right when you came from the cabins, the sandy area framed by sun-heated rocks on which you could lay down on a towel and slumber. Some people had even attached a hammock between two trees, and it was always a bit of a fight on who would get it. Sure, the boys usually gave it up to girls -- especially cute girls, which were easy to find at the populars's -- but the girls weren't so altruistic.

The Asian was wearing a minty outfit: a white tank top that read Creepin' it real, minty cropped shorts, a headset of the same color and high heeled gladiator sandals. She had even chalk-died some of her streaks in mint green. To outbalance the girly parts of her clothing, she had layered punk bracelets on both her wrists, laid a claw necklace around her neck and attached matching earrings on her earlobes.

Talking and laughing with a Nike girl, she sat on a heated rock and put her handbag on it, rolling her towel out to protect her skin from the burning stone. Some girls here were already in bikinis, most of them designer bikinis, each one competing with the others on the trendy and fancy level: Desigual, Dolce&Gabbana, Dior, Chanel, Miu Miu swimsuits coming in all size and shapes, from the alluring Brazilian cut to bikinis with padded tops, bandeau tops or high waists. Falko had a designer swimsuit too, a white crochet monokini which made her ochre skin look darker and put an emphasis on her black hair.
After applying some sun lotion on her arms and legs, Falko decided to join the five people who were already swimming. It was a very hot afternoon, and the notes of bark, pine needles and honeysuckle could get a bit heady, she needed some refreshment. Putting her headset carefully away into her handbag, she pulled her top over her head, unzipped her shorts before stepping out of them, then took her gladiator high heels off, though keeping her punk jewelry.

She tickled Niamh (an Aphrodite girl) on the way and stopped at the edge of the lake, letting the tiny waves lick her toes. She had to admit, the water was kind of cold. Falko stepped in, wading further until she was waist-up into it, hesitantly stroking the surface. It was always like that: first the water felt freezing, but after several moments in it, it felt perfect. She bent her knees and let herself drop below the surface, keeping her eyes open while doing it. Exhaling softly through the nose, feeling the air bubbles race upwards, she looked around her. There weren't many algae, but there was rippled sand, rocks and tiny silver fishes, she could even catch sight of yellow-eyed naiads. They looked like normal teen girls, dressed in tees, shorts, tank tops and dresses, their glistening black hair floating around their shoulders. Falko waved at them, and they waved back, one even coming to swim around her for a bit, giggling in that watery way they had. Falko quickly broke the surface to inhale, but when she looked down again, the naiad was gone. Shrugging, she dove underwater again, looking around her, though keeping to the shore line so she wouldn't swim out. She always had an eye open in case some hostile creatures came lurking, some Erida kids had been attacked by an aegipan around here, and you could never be too careful. In any case, if she was attacked, she could defend herself with her daggers, now disguised as two of her bracelets.

After a few further breaststrokes, Falko stopped, balancing on a rock with her toes while making circling motions with her arms to keep her head above the water. The bracelets jiggled in the movement with soft metallic sounds. From here, the popular spot was hidden by an outcrop covered in trees, but she could still hear the faint sounds of laughter and chatter. Smiling, she turned the other way, inhaled and dropped under the water again, letting the freshness wash over her. Luckily, her make-up was waterproof, otherwise she'd have mascara and minty eyeliner rolling down her eyes like her chalk die, which had faded away the moment she had put her head under the water.

Keeping under the surface, Falko resumed swimming, brushing the sand with her knees from time to time. Underwater life was really b--

Arggggh!

Only bubbles escaped her mouth as something grabbed her ankle and pulled her backwards. Falko scrambled, kicking wildly, but in the water, the movements were slowed, and she could only give off weak kicks. She thrashed around, grabbing onto a rock and twisted her body to at least see who was attacking her, and saw... a dog?
Ah no. A telekhine. She had fought †many of those during the Battle of Manhattan, but didn't know they were amphibian.
Out of reflex, she made her bracelets turn into her black-painted twin daggers and aimed a cut at the telekhine, who eluded it with maddening ease. Falko directed other stabs at him, but he was too comfortable in water to get hit, except if he made a mistake, and it didn't look like he would.
Out of fighting techniques, Falko gave him a flash of terror; the telekhine immediately let go and swam away, yelping (weird sound, underwater).

The daughter of Deimos didn't lose a second, she crawled as fast as possible towards the shore and stepped on the rocks, her wet, bare feet threatening to make her slip. She panted. She had done it.
Not quite.
Without knowing it, she yelled as sharp pain shot through her calf the next second. Razor fangs were digging themselves into her flesh and dragging her backwards, making her fall to her knees; a quick look behind her told her it was the telekhine again.

"Don't you get anything?" she hissed then propped herself up on her elbows and threw her legs around so that the telekhine would hit the rocks in front of her. He let go with another yelp, but came onto his feet again, growling. His teeth looked really bad. Falko rolled up just the moment the monster came jumping at her throat and punched him away with the skull-shaped pommel of a dagger. She looked at the monstrous dog-seal and wiped her mouth, her calf still bleeding, her knees scratched.

"BOOH!" she suddenly shouted while casting her body in a Bogeyman illusion. She didn't know what she looked like, but each person saw something different when looking at her, something they feared. It worked on the telekhine. He turned away and waddled back towards the water as quickly as he could, but Falko wouldn't let him escape. Bounding after him, she jumped on him and dug both her daggers into his body before pulling away. A second later, he exploded into green flames and dust.

Falko sighed and wiped the monster dust from her arms, her daggers folding back into the bracelets around her wrists. Her knees weren't too badly scratched, but the bite mark in her calf was deep, she'd need some medic pretty soon. The blood was coagulating and flowing down sluggishly, drawing thick red lines from her calf to her foot.

Hissing in pain, she sat down on a rock and exhaled, the adrenaline slowly leaving her veins. Pulling her wet hair back, she looked up at the sky, then back at ground level, and saw Hayden, sitting on a rock a couple of meters away from her with an open book on his knees. She hadn't even realized he was around. Hayden was one of the children of Hermes, she had had some lessons with him, though had never quite talked to him: she was popular while he would more keep to himself.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/9/2014, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15570
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/9/2014, 2:27 pm

"ab...juxta...super..." The Latin roots Hayden was practicing were familiar on his tongue. He could hear the commonalities between them and the roots of the other languages he knew. His understanding of the language and how the words were built was slowly forming in his mind. He continued to practice the roots for telling basic distances, until he caught a glimpse of a movement in the corner of his eye. Curious, Hayden turned his head in the direction of what he had seen. There was nothing for a few moments, only the subtle movement of the lake water as the wind blew against its surface. Then, a head popped out of the water. It was clearly a teenage girl, though Hayden couldn't tell exactly how old. She seemed to be enjoying herself. Swimming on the top of the water for a short while before diving under again. Even from this distance, Hayden could tell that she was pretty. For a second, Hayden considered going in himself, but only for a second. It would have been weird, and possibly dangerous for himself, for him to swim out and meet this girl who probably did not even know his name. She might attack him out of surprise. No, he decided it was best to stay on land and study his book.

He shifted his gaze back to his open Latin text book, trying to concentrate on another set of roots. He had only begun to say the roots out loud when he heard the unmistaken sound of someone struggling in the water. He sat up straight, and scanned the lake surface. Just a short distance off of the shore was the girl. It appeared that she was caught on something, lake grass, maybe. It was just bellow the surface. Hayden quickly stood up. His book fell onto the dirt in front of him. He had only taken half a step before the girl was safely on shore, out of the water. What had happened?

He took one more step towards the girl, and froze. A large fish-like hound thing had crawled onto the rocky shore. Its large jaws clamped down on the girl's leg, causing her to fall. Hayden recognized it, but he couldn't remember what it was called. His mind was frozen. His body was statue like. He could not move. The dog-fish was this girl, and he could not move. A flashbulb memory went off in his head. A large pack of devil dogs. Hayden, a young child, running.

Hayden shook his head, trying to focus on the here and now. He needed to help this girl, but... he was shaking now. He was paralyzed. Thankfully, the girl looked like she could handle the dogfish. He missed what she had yelled, but he witnessed her throw the thing against the rocks. It let go. Almost hilariously, the girl then yelled "BOOH!" Hayden wasn't sure how that was affective, but the dogfish turned around frightened. It waddled for the water, as fast as its fins would carry it. But, the girl jumped the thing before it could escape. He watched it explode in a cloud of dust.

Hayden had to sit down. His heart was racing, even though he hadn't even been in the fight. He felt completely useless. A ridiculous looking dogfish scared him bad enough to freeze him in place. He reached down and grabbed his book from the dirt. He practically collapsed onto his rock chair, and opened the book onto some random page. He took a couple slow breathes. In his nose... hold it for a second... out his mouth.

He refocused on the girl. She was sitting a couple meters away from him, looking at him. He cleared his throat, hoping his voice would sound even. "You really know how to handle yourself." It was lame and stupid. But at least his voice sounded even. Then he noticed the large bite mark on the girl's calf. He could see the bright red blood running down her leg. He set the book down on the rock he was sitting on.

"Uh... I have some ambrosia with me. It looks like you can use some." Hayden said to the girl. His heart rate was beginning to return to normal. He reached down in backpack, shuffling through random books. He finally found the bag of ambrosia he carried. Carefully, he stood up. He held his hands up, in a non-threatening manner. The small bag of healing food was in his right hand. He walked over to the girl and kneeled beside her, outstretching his hand to offer her the bag.

He was surprised to see makeup still on her face. Though her hair was a mess. Hayden recognized her as one of the populars, but who was she. He studied her for a moment, trying to imagine her without being soaked. She was one of the daughters of Deimos. Her name... what was her name? He could not remember. "Um... how is the leg feeling?" He asked, feeling stupid. It probably hurt terribly.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/9/2014, 3:35 pm

Falko saw Hayden stare at her and stared back, until he cleared his throat and said: "You really know how to handle yourself."

"Nevermind that, I've fought at least fifty of those in Manhattan. Do you happen to have anything medic-wise?" she asked, screwing her face up in pain, and saw his gaze focus on the large bite mark.

"Uh... I have some ambrosia with me. It looks like you can use some." He was talking in a slightly hacked voice, as if he had been panting, but she couldn't really see as he bent down to his backpack, rummaging through it before taking out a small plastic bag with a couple of ambrosia squares inside it. Hayden turned back to her, his hands held up and gave her the bag of divine food; Falko took it from him with a smile, opened it and fished a square out. Sudden warmth rushed through her as she bit the half off, it made her feel good. She closed her eyes. It tasted exactly like the cherry cupcake she had eaten on Olympus, an hour or so after the fight had stopped and it had been clear they had won. She remembered stumbling away from the temporary infirmary the Apollo kids had set up in a square of the godly city, walking straight to a shop and buying a cupcake and an espresso. When she ate it, she felt the same feeling of victory, happiness and sheer relief that had overwhelmed her when she had eaten it the first time.

"Um... how is the leg feeling?"

Falko opened her eyes. "It's getting better, thank you." The bleeding had stopped, and one fang mark was already receding. The young Asian took some ambrosia crumbs in the palm of her hand and rubbed them onto the wound, letting them seep in. It helped the healing process, even though it hurt enough to make her hiss in pain again. She drew back her hand, now stained with thick coagulated blood, and wiped it on the rock.

"I'll wait for it to heal completely. Till then, I'll just... stick around I guess." She wiped her hand on the rock again. "Ain't gonna hop back on one leg... Oh, here! (she handed him the ambrosia bag back) Thank you."

Smiling, she laid back on the rock for a second. Her crochet monokini was still wet, but it might dry a little bit with the few sun rays seeping through the trees. She passed her other, not-blood-stained hand on her eyes, her punk bracelets scraping lightly against her skin, closed her eyelids, then opened them again.

"I'm out of shape," she decided. Last year, she didn't have any problem killing off dozens of telekhines, why was killing one off giving her the need to lay down for a second now? She forced herself back into a sitting position, wishing she had her towel. Water beaded her skin, running softly down her arms, legs and hair, even her necklace and earrings. Falko looked down at the book he held. "What's that? If you don't mind me asking, of course."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/10/2014, 11:51 am

After getting his bag of ambrosia back, Hayden walked the short distance to his backpack and slipped the ambrosia into one of the open pouches. He smiled to himself, happy that he was able to do something to help the girl. It was a whole lot better feeling then watching her fight that monster alone and not being able to lift and finger to help. He pushed those negative thoughts out of his head. Using his right hand, he swept his fingers through his curly hair.

Turning his attention back to reality, Hayden grabbed his pack and book, one in each hand, from the rock they were laying on. He had just sat down beside the girl when she said, "I'm out of shape." Hayden opened his mouth to say something and then closed it. He bit his tongue lightly, figuring that it would be better not to answer. Instead, he reopened his book and attempted to find the page he was last on. At least until the girl asked him about it, "What's that? If you don't mind me asking, of course."

"No I don't mind." He gave her a bright smile. He was always excited to talk about some of his interests. He held the front of the book up for her to get a better look. "Its Latin 101. I love to learn new languages. Its fascinating." Hayden swept his fingers through his hair again. "I decided to teach myself Latin and learn about the Roman culture after we heard about the other camp. But, I just recently got this. A friend from the Athena cabin is letting me borrow it."

Hayden set the book down in the space between them. He raised his eyes to match her eye level, trying hard to remember who she was. He tried placing her face to the many names he knew of people in camp. Alice... no. Dakota... no. Noelie... no. Hayden then realized he might have been making her uncomfortable. "Sorry, I did not mean to stare. Um, I just can't place your name. I was trying to piece it together without asking, but... I'm great with languages, but I just can't, for the life of me, remember names well. What was your name again?"

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/14/2014, 3:53 am

Falko rose her eyebrows. "Wow. And that's not messing with your dyslexia?" she asked. Her own dyslexia was pretty strong; she couldn't read two sentences in a row, and that was in English and Korean, her two languages of predilection. And French too, which she had learned now she lived in Montreal.
But Latin? Forget it.
Not to mention she didn't see the point of it, it was a dead language with only a small community of demigods somewhere in California speaking it. But the Romans knew how to speak English, so if she had to communicate with them, she wouldn't be trying Latin gibberish. She imagined herself doing it. "Ave, meritatur tu candidant haec summes sanguerrimus rigenave!" Yeah, not really.

Falko squinted, her chocolate brown eyes moving from side to side to decipher some words, but her dyslexia was making the whole pages into a single plate of letter noodles. She pulled her hair back so that no droplets would fall onto the book and looked up to see Hayden staring at her. She stared back, wondering how many other staring contests they'd lead, when he said: "Sorry, I did not mean to stare. Um, I just can't place your name. I was trying to piece it together without asking, but... I'm great with languages, but I just can't, for the life of me, remember names well. What was your name again?"

"Haha, it's fine," she said. "I'm Nephilim, but I ask people to call me Falko. (Nephilim is kind of an awkward name to carry)."

You could argue Falko could be awkward too, but she knew quite some people who carried that name, and she liked it.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/14/2014, 4:43 pm

Hayden thought for a moment about the name Niphilim. "I like the name, half angel and half human. It kind of represents how we're half immortal and half human. Its defiantly better name then half-blood." Hayden smiled warmly. "But... I like your other name better; It suits you." He stretched his hand out to shake one of her's. "Um... It's nice to formally meet you Falco. And in case you don't know my name (which you probably don't), I'm Hayden."

"And back to your other question that I did not answer, I tend to not to have too much trouble with my dyslexia any more. My mom was great with pushing and helping me work through it. Now, I try to read a new book every week." Hayden said cheerfully as he closed the Latin 101 book. "And most of them aren't textbooks, I swear." He slipped the book into his backpack, behind French for Dummies. "I'm not that big of a nerd. I do like to do other things, like hiking."

"What about you? What are some of your hobbies?" He asked, interested in learning more about her. Hayden decided that he liked Falko; she wasn't stuck up like the other populars that he had met.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/16/2014, 7:24 pm

OOC: Sorry for not replying earlier, I didn't get the notification you had replied.

BIC: This time, she smirked while raising her eyebrows. "Nice. I don't meet many people who know about the nephilim," she told him with a pleased smile then shook his hand."Yeah, I know your name's Hayden. I've been stalking you," she said in a creepy voice. "Seriously now, I just remember from the couple of lessons my cabin had with yours."

Wow, no trouble with dyslexia? Such a lucky duck. If Falko could get her dyslexia under control, she might get good grades in English and French. Even her maths teacher had started retrieving points because of her bad grammar, which was totally unfair. She caught a glimpse of French For Dummies in his bag and grinned, wondering if they'd be able to lead a conversation in French later on. She had been living in Montreal for a bit more than five years and had mastered French's weird conjugaisons with the passť simple and plus-que-parfait which had threatened to be the death of her when she had first started. She just hoped her Canadian accent wouldn't ruin the whole thing; in France, it was commonly accepted as the most un-sexy accent ever, even worse then the "ch'ti", that accent some people had in Northern France and that one was so weird-sounding that people actually made a movie about it. Which had been a huge success, by the way.

But back to topic.

"My hobbies? Hmmm." Falko looked up at the treetops above them. "Well, I love to do contortions and all that kind of circus stuff. My mother is a contortionist at the Cirque du Soleil, so I kind of grew up among a wide range of artists -- very talented artists, I must say -- and some of them taught me some tricks. In my free time I like to practice, so I do, as said, contortions, also some tightrope walking, fire spitting (not at home, that one), some juggling, Cyr wheel and a bit of acrobatics. I kind of want to be part of the Cirque myself later on, so I'm "warming up", if I may say so."

(It was a euphemism. Falko spent an extraordinary amount of time training in Montreal, be it combat or circus disciplines; she had won several gymnastics and acrobatics prizes for minors, and her mother jokingly said she'd disinherit her if she threatened to become as good as her.) Falko smirked at the recollection, rubbing her shoulder with a hand. She was starting to get a bit cold despite the very warm temperature, like always when she came out of the water. The bleeding at her wound had totally subsided, the scratches on her knees had disappeared and the deep fang gashes in her calf were slowly healing up. "Apart from that, I love watching horror movies, partying in clubs, going to rock concerts, and eating pizza. You?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/18/2014, 2:12 pm

OOC: Its fine. I have had a busy week myself, and did not see the reply you posted. I think the notification is having some problems.

BIC:

Hayden grinned, imagining the circus tricks Falco was describing she could do. He visualized her flying through the air in death defying stunts. Spinning and twirling from one bar to another. Landing on the tightrope, high in the air. He could see Falco juggling a few balls while carefully balancing on the rope underneath her feet. Wow, must be amazing to be able to do all of those tricks, having the audience locked onto you with excitement. "I can defiantly see you doing that in the future."

Even though he was also quite skilled in acrobatics himself, Hayden could not see himself doing anything like Falco was planning. Too much attention. Maybe it was the thieving nature from his father. Spotlights on him were never good.

"Apart from that, I love watching horror movies, partying in clubs, going to rock concerts, and eating pizza. You?"

"Me?" Hayden asked rhetorically. His eyes drifted to the upper right, not focusing on anything. It was a habit he had when he was thinking of something in the past. "Well, I practically grew up in scouts. Hiking, backpacking, all the out doors stuff is a huge interest of mine. Back before I knew of my father, I was an avid hiker. My friends and I must of gone hiking or backpacking every weekend." Hayden remembered one of those hikes. They spent a sunny afternoon at a hidden lake, jumping off of ledges into the refreshing water. "Besides that, I have some experience as a contortionist. As a kid, no one could find during hide and seek. I could fit myself into the smallest and cramped hiding spots. Still today, I am very good and folding my body."

A cold breeze swept by, bringing shiver down Hayden's spine. He just realized that Falko might be getting cold. She was still in a wet swimsuit. The partially shaded area they were sitting in probably did not help any. "Um... are you okay?" He noticed Falko rubbing her shoulder again. "Are you starting to get cold?" Hayden looked down at her leg. The wound was healing nicely, but he was not sure if she could stand on it quite yet. "I would offer you a jacket, but I don't have one in my bag. We could move closer to the water where it is sunnier." Hayden bit his tongue. That probably was not the best suggestion. There might be more of those dog fish things in the water. "Or, I can help you walk back to the popular area." Hayden quickly said, trying to recover.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/19/2014, 5:15 am

"Oh my gods, that's so awesome! You're so lucky to be growing up like that! Well, not that I have anything to complain about with my upbringing, but by Demeter, spending so much time in the wild must be awesome," she grinned. "I love hiking too, well, I love watching the nature from up close. I sometimes go hiking in Canada, where I live, or in the Italian Alps -- because a part of my family lives there, I'm part Italian. You know that feeling when you're on top of a mountain and feel just like you're above of the entire world? That's what I love the most, even if it's friggin' cold up there."

She nodded approvingly as he told her about his contortions. "Sounds just like me," she chuckled as he said nobody could find him during hide and seek. "In the end, my friends and cousins wouldn't play with me because they called me a cheater. Didn't know we had so much in common," she added, playfully wriggling her eyebrows. He asked if she was starting to get cold -- which she kind of was -- and suggested walking her back to the popular area.

"Oh, helping me walk back would be really nice," she said. "I've left my towel and bag there, let's just hope no Hermes kid noticed I was gone for quite some time. No offense meant!" Falko propped herself up on one leg, keeping her balance perfectly and hopped forward, trying not to put too much weight on her other leg.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/21/2014, 12:44 pm

".... You know that feeling when you're on top of a mountain and feel just like you're above of the entire world? That's what I love the most, even if it's friggin' cold up there."

"I do know the feeling." Hayden smiled as he remember scaling a steep pass in the wilderness. Making it to the top was rewarding, but the view itself was even better. He could see for miles, and some larger peaks, future trials, in the distance. The air was so clear. Thinner, but much clearer then back home. It was amazing.

"Oh, helping me walk back would be really nice," she said. "I've left my towel and bag there, let's just hope no Hermes kid noticed I was gone for quite some time. No offense meant!"

"None taken." Hayden pushed himself up and swung his backpack over one shoulder. He tetered to one side before shifting his feet to regain his balance. The pack was heavy from all his books; it was reminded him of long backpacking trips. Falko was jumping forward towards him. "Put your arm over my shoulder, and I can take the weight of your hurt leg." He shifted himself so that he was beside her healing leg. He grabbed her arm and put it over his shoulders. Using his arm that was closest to Falko, he extended it around her back, and grabbed her waist. It was a simple walking assist maneuver that he remembered from scouts. "Okay. When ever your ready, we can start towards the popular camp."

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/22/2014, 5:42 am

Falko put her arm around his shoulders, hoping her humid skin and wet hair didn't bother him too much and started walking forward, careful not to step too hard with her injured leg. Hayden passed his arms around her narrow waist, his fingers on the crochets of her swimsuit and helped her walk forward. The bite was healing, but some blood still seeped out whenever she took a step, drawing a fresh new line of red down to her ankle.

"So, where do you go hiking?" she asked, pushing her hair onto her shoulder so Hayden's shirt wouldn't get wet. Her punk bracelets emitted metallic noises from time to time, and her necklace and earrings were still dripping.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/25/2014, 12:30 pm

Hayden noticed Falko stepping on her healing leg as they walked. Droplets of blood rolled down her leg from the bite. "Try not to step on your injured leg; let me carry the weight of it. I can be your crutch until it heals properly." Hayden insisted as they continued. "We can walk slower if you need to."

"Where do I go hiking?" Hayden repeated the question. "Well mostly, I hiked in the woods of the small town I grew up in. They weren't large, but there were plenty of small hikes that my friends and I would go on." Hayden looked forward, letting the memories of hikes he had been on flow back to him. "Beside that, I went on several long trips with my troop. I went to a place called Philmont, near New Mexico. It is a large mountainous wilderness, well known in the scouting community. During one summer, we spent a week hiking many of the trails there."

Hayden and Falko must of been getting closer; he could hear the music, from the poplars, growing louder. What song is that? He could not quite make out the lyrics, but is sounded like a Taylor Swift song. He rolled his eyes. She was not the best artist out there. Hayden recollected his thoughts on Falko's question. "I really have only done hiking in the US. Last summer, I took the risk of leaving camp and hiked with friends in the John Muir Wilderness, in California. It took us 19 days to hike from Half Dome, in Yosemite, to Mount Whitney."

"What are some of your favorite things about living with the artists in the Cirque du Soleil? The way you described it, it sounds amazing." Hayden was genuinely curious.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/26/2014, 2:42 pm

Falko nodded and started half-walking half-hopping on her uninjured leg to prevent herself from losing much blood, while listening to him. "Thank you Mr Crutch," she smirked. She wanted to ask where he had grown up but felt like she'd be prying or be trying to know too much. She didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. "You should go hiking in Canada if you like raw wilderness and mountains. Sure, it can be a bit dangerous because of the animals, but with the training we have here, we're kinda good."

They kept advancing, the leaves and dirt under their feet turning into grass as they left the tree's cover. Pegasi flew overhead. A nymph was running from a satyr and suddenly turned into a bush of indigo hydrangeas, ten meters from them. Falko's ear started noticing some pop music which meant they were approaching the popular spot; they always had some speakers to play music while they swam, sunbathed and shared gossip.

She turned back to Hayden with a smile as he asked about her impressions before looking ahead again. "The great thing with the Cirque du Soleil is that it's like a huge family, you know. My mom knows everyone from the permanent show in Montreal, and when there's a new artist who joins, there's no competition or anything, they're immediately integrated. That's an awesome feeling." She hopped forward a couple of times. "Before I knew about my whole demigod-ish-ness, I was traveling throughout the world with my mother and a crew of artists. She wasn't the only one with a kid so I had a lot of playmates and the adults would always teach us tricks about their jobs. That's how I learned to walk on a tightrope or get along with a Cyr wheel when my mom's just a contortionist. I think that's the most amazing part, that you're surrounded by people who know how to do their jobs, and I'm not only talking about the artists. There are the costume designers, the light and sound engineers, the guys who make the whole decor, the make-up artists.... And somehow you're integrated in everything." She looked at him, hopping forward on her toes. "Have you ever been to a Cirque du Soleil show?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/28/2014, 12:33 pm

The grass Falko and Hayden were walking on was still damp from the morning dew. The front tips of his shoes darker from absorbing some of the water, making them slightly heavier. His feet also sunk in a centimeter or two into the soft soil. Hayden watched as a satyr chased his romantic interest a short distance away. He then smiled softly when the satyr's love interest, the dryad, escaped his pursuit by turning into a small bush. All the while, Hayden walked towards the pop music, supporting Falko's weight. The music was much louder than it had been.

Hayden listened intently as Falko described the Cirque du Soleil. It was interesting to hear the close bonds and warm atmosphere of the group. It seemed very welcoming, like his scout troop.

"Have you ever been to a Cirque du Soleil show?"

"I can't say that I have. Circuses were never too big in my small town." Hayden replied. "...And the last one I went to was back... When I was 6." Hayden was embarrassed by the memory. "I accidentally let some of the animals out of their cages." Hayden continued with a shy smile. "Back in my yoth, I was very pro animal rights. I did not like to see any animals in cages. And so, six year old me wanted to rescue the giraffes and elephants I saw in cages. In response to my will, all of the cages were magically unlocked... My mom never took me to a circus again. I never did know why until I learned about my parentage."

Last edited by wolfhowller on 9/29/2014, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/29/2014, 12:58 pm

Falko chuckled at what he said. "Wow, you really are a son of Hermes," she said.

They arrived within twenty meters of the popular spot, the pain in her leg receding. A couple of girls and boys caught sight of them and flocked around, asking what happened and oh my gods are you alright? and so on. Falko briefly told them about the telekhine, cracked a couple of self-mocking jokes about her physical condition and sat on a rock next to her designer handbag. Ah. Her towel. She wrapped herself up in it, rubbed her arms dry and passed it around on her face, though careful not to smear her make up.

A couple of people were still around her, asking if she needed anything, but she shook her hand before leaning back. "Hey, thank ya Hayden," she told him then broke into a grin. "Tell me when I can repay the favor." Some girls giggled as if she had just made an innuendo, which had not been her intention.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/30/2014, 2:33 pm

Hayden was a little overwhelmed when a herd of the popular kids swarmed Falko and him. They were mainly directing their questions towards Falko and her healing leg. Some of them seemed genuinely concerned with Falko, or at least they acted that way. At the very least, Falko was feeling better. She had moved over to a rock, near what Hayden assumed was her bag. Hayden followed behind the flock of popular kids, staying a little towards the outskirts of the circle around Falko.

"Tell me when I can repay the favor."

Hayden opened his mouth to answer, but then closed it when some of the popular girls started to giggle. Was there a hidden joke that he had missed? Was Falko being facetious? Were the girls just being immature? This is exactly why he did not hang out with the popular kids, or really any groups of kids for that matter. Granted, Hayden just met her. He did not know Falko well, but he felt like she had been a nice and honest person. Hayden opened his mouth a second time to answer. This time, words came out. "It was no trouble. I don't need a favor."

Hayden was not sure if he should leave now, or stay. He was not exactly in the in-group. And, Falko seemed to be fine now that she was with her friends again. He gripped the strap of his backpack tightly. "Uh..." He was not even sure what he should say.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/30/2014, 3:00 pm

Falko gave him a thumbs-up. He seemed a bit awkward standing there and she briefly reflected on what to do. He obviously wasn't the kind of guy to hang out with the populars, but she couldn't decently turn her back on him after he helped her and just chill while he stood in the background.

The conch spared her further thoughts. The populars scrambled up, getting their bags and towels, then strolling from the spot back to the cabins's courtyard, carrying the speakers with them. A couple of Ares kids rudely told them to turn the music off. Falko broke away from the populars to go to her cabin, in which she disappeared in order to change clothes for dinner.

OOC: I feel the topic is finished now, but I love Hayden and Falko, they just get along so well. Would you like another RP with those two?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfhowller on 9/30/2014, 4:07 pm

After getting the thumbs up from Falko, Hayden decided to leave. He smiled brightly back at her, and waved good-bye. He turned around, and headed back towards the cabins. He had somethings to check off on his to-do-list before dinner. First thing, lock up his back on his bunk. Can never be too careful when you bunked with half siblings who were all children of the god of thieves.

OOC: Yeah, I would like to do another RP with those two.

wolfhowller

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/30/2014, 4:10 pm

OOC: Alrighty :) where at?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum