A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Share | 

Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-09-17

PostSubject: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 4:31 pm

Flora was cold, tired, scared, and just overall in a bad mood. Her dad had decided that they should take a road trip after that unfortunate fire that had burned down their small house. The only bright side about it was that they got a good hunk of money in insurance claims, which had allowed them to take this road trip while they decided where to settle down... or at least that was what her father said.
She was sitting in the car, kicking her heels against the bottom of the seat, humming a tune that she remembered from somewhere, though she was not sure where. They were now somewhere in New York or something, having driven for a few months to get here, stopping in motels, and hotels along the way, but only to leave again.
Why couldn't they have taken the plane or something, instead of this... which took waay to long.
The dark haired twelve year old yawned and leaned back against the seat, closing her eyes as she did so. She was so bored... And she couldn't even read, as words scrambled themselves on the page, making her mind swim as she tried and tried again to get it right.
“Where did you say we were going again?” She asked her dad with a sigh, it was late June, maybe August… or possibly September, she really didn’t know, or care. “A camp… Where you’ll be safe. Your mother asked me to… umm bring you there when you were twelve, in a note… with you.” Her father muttered absently looking back for a few seconds at her.
Well that was unexpected, she opened one eye. “What was she like… my mom?” The girl asked a small frown beginning to pucker on her face.

“She was beautiful Flora… so beautiful, with such a passion for flowers you’ve never seen, friendly, sweet, with a real passion for flowers... like, I… I really loved her.” Well that was unexpected, she had never hear her father say the ‘L’ word, she wasn’t even entirely sure what the ‘L’ word was, but it sounded sappy… yet beautiful. “Okay.” She murmured closing her eye and dozing off. She didn’t know how long she had slept, but when she woke up she was lying on the grass, a note beside her, and a dagger, why a dagger? Her father had left her hear?! Oh dear what was happening to her her?

She began to black out, oh god...s why did things like this always happen to her? Where had her father gone, why had he brought her to this summer camp... because her mom, who she had never met wanted her here? Did he even love his daughter? These questions raced through the dark haired girls head as she sighed hoping that everything would somehow turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male
Number of posts : 2382
Registration date : 2013-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 10:24 pm

OOC: is this topic open? Can I jump in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://therepublicofhyrule.forumotion.com
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 10:34 pm

(Of course it is.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 10:41 pm

OOC: great!
BIC: Matthew had dozed off while he was on guard duty. His head bobbed down and, what seemed like two minutes later, he woke up to the sound of Peleus roaring. He scrambled up, leaning on Thailia's tree and looked around at the ruckus. Everything seemed to be fine, except for the girl laying in the grass. She looked asleep, but it was hard to tell. A note and dagger layed next to her. Matthew picked up the note.
Please let her stay here until she can fight on her own. Thank you.
That was all it said. The dagger was short and probably celestial bronze, but it was hard to tell. Matthew set down the note just as the girl woke up. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 10:49 pm

Her eyes flickered open, wait what... what was happening, where was her father... who was her mother... where was she, why was she here, what was she doing here... who was this guy leaning over her in concern. The skinny girl tried to push herself to her feet, but cried out in pain, somehow in the night that she could not remember a thing about she had broken her wrist, and ugh! It hurt. "M-me... Ok-kay?" The klutzy twelve year old stuttered, not quite sure why there was a stutter in her voice, was she dead? Is that what had happened... had she died and turned into umm... well whatever she was now.

A small flower had grown next to her head, was that there before? Probably she was just rather frazzled right now. "Yes I'm okay... Who are you, and where am I?" The girl inquired after a few moments, which seemed like an eternity for the young daughter of Demeter. Her hand groped for the dagger by her side, which was the last thing she remembered receiving from her father... and that meant it would be cherished by her forever. "Umm... I'm Flora Samuels. And is this a summer camp? 'cause my dad said he was taking me here on a last request of my mother." Honestly it looked nothing like any summer camp she had ever seen pictures of.

She offered her hand, which she then remembered was broken, and she winced, who knew a broken bone could hurt so much. Her eyes were still sticky from sleep... or blacking out, and her brain was swimming with everything that had happened so far. Ugh, why did these things happen to her?! First her home and garden was burned, and now her dad had abandoned her with a bunch of teen freaks, and she wasn't even a teen! It was like dropping an elementary school kid in middle school, or a middle schooler into a highschool, definitely not fair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/17/2014, 11:04 pm

The girl's eyes fluttered open. "I'm Matthew, I'm on guard patrol. You sure you're fine? You look like you have a broken hand." He said. "I can take the pain away without touching it, if you'd like. I also have healing medicine. "Flora, eh?....You're at Camp Half-Blood.....yeah, it's kinda like a summer camp." He said. "If your dad took you, here, your mom's probably the godly parent..." He muttered than said a bit louder, "Did your dad ever tell you things about your mom? How she acted, what she did, things like that." He said.
Back to top Go down
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 12:42 am

Flora frowned, Matthew... she had known of a Matthew back in Whitefish, the small town that she had grown up in... but then again it was a rather common name, and meant absolutely nothing. The girl frowned at his comment on her wrist, it was fine, just a little bit sore. "I'm good. Thanks." She murmured, she was soft hearted and usually compassionate with everything except for her own life, and injuries, and though she was... well whatever. She shrugged. "No offense but that sounds really dumb." The girl murmured, a camp for kids who were children of gods? There weren't any gods were there?
She was a bit of an atheist, and a pantheist at the same time.

"Umm whatever, my dad said that she loved flowers... and umm... smiled a lot, why am I telling you this?! Leave me alone creep." Why was he inquiring of her personal life, it wasn't like it was his business, she had her own life to live, and him trying to pry into it was kind of not nice... at all. The girl frowned, and crossed her arms, almost screeching in pain as she moved her hand, ugh, it kind of hurt... But this place had creeps in it, kids of gods? Like... Roman gods or something, that would mean that all those other dumb legends her dad had read to her when she was little were true, and that was... not really fun.

Flora sighed, "look, you are kind of weirding me out right now, and I just kind of need rest, and to find a doctor. So I'm going to leave and collect call my dad. But thanks for the offer to help." She picked up the dagger, she probably needed it... with her unbroken hand and scrambled ungracefully to her feet, her thin figure making her look like she was a waif, or a delicate piece of porcelain that could shatter at any sudden movement or loud sound. Or could be blown away by even the lightest of breeze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 1:00 am

"Dumb? If you live here for a week you'll think it's the most amazing thing you've seen in your life." He said and listened again. "Flowers and smiling. Demeter's gotta be the one. Shoot me if I'm wrong." He said. "And I'm not a creep, this is the first step to surviving in the real world. We've got healers, but no phones are allowed. They're like telling monsters to come and eat you. You can borrow mine if you want, but you'll have to get on the other side of this tree first. It's safer."
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15734
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 5:42 am

OOC: I'm finally posting, sorry dawny for the wait. And hi Rov!

BIC: Jana Kay was walking up Half-Blood Hill, flowers braided in her long blonde hair, carrying a basket filled with meat. It was her turn to go feed Peleus this morning, and she was just coming from the Mess Hall where she had finished her breakfast with her siblings.
The young fourteen-years-old was wearing a white tee and red bermuda shorts with the white hibiscus-flower-print, walking comfortably in flip flops, her Camp bead necklace tied around her ankle. She had chalk-died some streaks of her hair orange and red to match the poppies and nasturtium flowers in her hair, which were braided into an inverted crown, meaning they were forming a crown behind her head. She had a daisy bracelet mixed into the different charm bracelets around her wrists and small ladybird earrings. Her lips were parted as usual into her large, optimistic smile. It was a beautiful day, she was safe, her family was safe, she was healthy, she had a lot of fun activities to look forward to, and she was happy.
When she came to the top of the hill, she saw Matthew, the son of Acheron, with a young girl she didn't know -- it must be a newly arrived. Jana Kay put the basket next to Peleus and jogged over to them to check she was alright.

"Hey there! -- Hey Matthew," she told the two, then immediately saw the broken hand and looked at Acheron's son. She had heard what the girl had said, about finding herself a doctor, but Jana Kay cheerfully smiled at her. "We have doctors, right behind this hill. It's an infirmary, but they'll have what you need for your broken hand, trust me. I've broken several bones in my time here and they have always been able to heal me. Follow me!" She stepped up the hill and stopped at the stone portal that read Camp Half-Blood in Ancient Greek. From here, you had the perfect view over Camp. The Golden Fleece was glistening on Thalia's tree, right next to Peleus, the huge snake-like dragon who was still snoring despite the appetizing breakfast next to him. His green scales were gleaming in the sunlight like a grass meadow.
Jana Kay shot the girl a sideways glance to see how she reacted to what lay in front of her.

It was morning, so Camp activities had just started. You could hear the clanking of swords in the white marble building of the Arena, pegasi were soaring in the sky -- probably the Aphrodite cabin--, satyrs were playing their pipes in the strawberry fields, she could see the small silhouettes at the archery range, canoes in the Lake and far away, the open-air Mess Hall and the climbing wall, which was rumbling and spitting lava.

"The infirmary's over there," Jana smiled, pointing at a one-storey marble building. "First we need to get your hand looked at, then I'll take you to the Camp director so he can explain everything to you. His name's Chiron."

There had been Mr. D too, Dionysus, but he had been called back to Olympus, like all the other gods. Including Artemis. That was back in winter, but the Hunters were now coming to Camp Half-Blood because their goddess had ordered them to. Jana Kay actually really liked the Hunters and would probably have joined if not for -- well, for James.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 6:43 am

OOC: two things. 1-hi Morgan! 2-it's night btw
BIC: As soon as Jana came up the hill and looked at flora's hand he said, "I didn't do it this time, I swear." But soon Jana was taking care of the entire situation. Matthew even felt himself repeating her directions under his breath, then realizing what he was doing and then shutting up. As the two began to run, Matthew began to shadow travel. "Wait!-" he shouted then lagged behind again. "Don't be too har-" "She's a nonbeliev-" he shouted then could shadow travel no more. He caught up again just barely. How fast can you run?! he wondered to himself. Why is this like one of those movie scenes that's extremely longer than it should be?! Like the time bomb ones! Ten seconds is all it takes and forty seconds later he cuts the right wire!
OOC: I'm ranting, as you can see
Back to top Go down
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 8:41 am

OOC: Oh, I'm sorry! It wasn't specified anywhere it was night, I'll edit asap if you want me to, right now the site has a glitch and I can't edit.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samus
Creator of Reality
Samus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 10:03 am

OOC: oh, I thought I did. (Was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell) no, you don't have to if you don't want to. Also, my edit isn't glitched.
Back to top Go down
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/18/2014, 2:44 pm

Flora flinched as another person came up, "what is even happening?!" She whispered, wanting to scream, and pound her fists against the nearest available person, but that would hurt her more than it would hurt anyone else. Shivering she looked at the girl... who seemed nicer, though a bit more pushy than the boy, who just seemed like a creeper. The twelve year old looked up with big brown eyes at Jana, "non-believer in what... what happened last night... do you know?" The girl shivered again, and put her good hand around her arm, blinking as she looked up at the two older kids.

"You have doctors.?." She asked softly.

[actually it isn't night time. so it's early morning. :) Hi Morgan!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/19/2014, 4:47 am

"Calm down," Jana told her in a soothing voice, "we'll explain everything to you very soon. But your hand needs treatment right now, and it can't wait. We have very good doctors here, just come with me." She gave her an encouraging smile, then led her on the path down the hill towards the Infirmary. A group of pegasi riders flew over them and Jana Kay waved at one of her friends who was riding a bay one.
The Infirmary was a white marble building with breezy white curtains that carried a smell of medicine, healing potions and ambrosia. As they entered, she spotted some demigods with broken arms or bleeding legs, one who had his whole head wrapped in bandages, only the mouth and eyes free, and she counted a dozen of sprains and bruises. Apollo and Hecate children as well as other volunteers moved from bed to bed, bringing medicine, stitching wounds or applying bandages, the Apollo's chanting an ode to their father in a hushed voice from time to time to quicken the healing process. Jana looked from side to side, wondering if any healer was free, when a girl of about fifteen came over to them. She had shoulder-long brown hair with royal blue streaks died into them and eyes of sparkly orange, like Fanta. Morgan just couldn't help but change her appearance with the Mist every day, it was sometimes really hard to recognize her. Hecate kids.

OOC: Woohoo, jumping in with another character.

BIC: "Hey Morgan," Jana smiled. "We have this new girl here, she broke her hand. Can you look at it?"

"Sure! Come with me."

I led Flora to an unoccupied bed and asked her to lie down, examining the hand. Two metacarpals were broken.

"Alright, this might hurt a bit," I warned. I knew so from having broken two metacarpals myself last year. Walking over to a shelf, I selected an opaque blue bottle, some cotton, bandages and a small vial of nectar before returning to her. "First, I'll ask you to drink a spoonful of this," I said, pouring some droplets of the liquid from the blue bottle into a teaspoon. It was dark purple in color and smelled like iron. "It's an anti-pain, it will soothe you and numb your hand."

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/20/2014, 3:15 pm

Flora tried to pull back as she was reeled into this world of creeps... and umm... more creeps. As she was lain down on the bed, and her hand grabbed she tried to pull away, "umm... what are you doing?!" She asked her eyes fixing worriedly on the new girl, which had been introduced into the scene. Ugh, why had her dad left her here... she wanted her dad back. Sure he ignored her half the time... but at least she knew that he loved her! The twelve year old shivered, she wanted her family... her real family, where were they?! Why had her mom dropped her on her dad's  doorstep, and left... just left.

Why was her life so messed up? "No..." She said, fixing her lips together, they were probably trying to poison her! And she didn't want to be poisoned, that wouldn't be fun... at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/21/2014, 11:18 am

The girls closed her lips tight, shaking her head, to what I frowned. What was the problem? Did my orange eyes freak her out?

"Really, it's just an anti-pain," I said in a calm voice. "Look." I purposefully bumped my toe against the bed, hissed in pain for a second (it hurt more than I thought), then swallowed the spoonful. It was perhaps an overdose of the serum, but at least she'd believe I wasn't trying to give her a drug substance or something. I had to bump my toe or otherwise hurt myself because taking the serum when I was doing perfectly fine could numb random parts of my body, which wasn't very good. I selected a new spoon and poured a bit more of the purple liquid into it. "This is an anti-pain medication, I swear on the Styx," I assured her, a distant rumble of thunder sealing the oath. Jana Kay gave the girl an encouraging smile.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/21/2014, 6:19 pm

Flora winced as the girl bumped her toe against the bed, that sounded really painful, ugh she would hate that happening to her. "Umm... okay." She murmured softly, a frown still on her face as she took the spoon, and gulped down the purple liquid. Eww! She wanted to spit it out... it tasted vile to her! Though maybe that was just her... oddly her wrist started to feel less pain, which was quite nice for her, as she hated feeling pain, being a bit of a wimp, even though she hurt herself a lot due to her annoying klutziness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   9/22/2014, 5:19 am

The girl swallowed the medication, to what I smiled; then I took the vial of nectar and lightly soaked a piece of cotton with it. I passed the cotton on her hand slowly, making sure it applied everywhere. Once her hand was humid and slightly shiny with the godly drink, I went to get one of those little boxes, like the ones you put face-cream in. I pulled the ceramic lid off, revealing a blue slime, which I scooped up with a wooden spatula and delicately spread on her hand.

"The liquid I just put on your hand is nectar, it's very powerful for healing," I explained. "As for this blue slime, it's to consolidate your bones once the nectar snapped them back together. So that no fissure remains, you know?" Taking some bandages out, I started wrapping them around her now slimey-blue hand, securing them with pins at her wrist. "Just leave the bandage on for a while. You can move your hand, but don't hit or punch anything, okay? After an hour, feel free to take it off, your hand must have completely healed by then." The nectar would act in a couple seconds, it just needed time to seep in and have the bones come back together.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   10/1/2014, 2:13 pm

Flora frowned, and her eyebrows furrowed as the girl began to apply different substances on her hand, it hurt... it wasn't fun! Why, why was she here, why had her dad dropped here here, what was nectar, and why was it bright blue? "Umm... okay." The dark skinned girl said, her hair frizzling around her. Ugh! The 12 year old just wanted to be home with her dad above their store... and have fun... and not be sad... and well absolutely everything she could... or would do but be here lying in a bed with total psycho strangers... with absolutely nobody she knew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   10/2/2014, 2:43 am

A guy came in, holding on to a girl as he tried to walk. He had a huge wound in his leg. Immediately, I left the side of the girl and went to attend to him.

"Come, you're fine now," Jana said. The girl's bones must have snapped back together now, and the blue slime seeping in to consolidate them. "I'm taking you to Chiron, he's the director of this Camp. He'll explain everything to you."

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dawny ii

dawny ii

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   10/4/2014, 3:15 pm

The dark skinned girl nodded shyly, "Okay..." She murmured pushing herself to her feet, and plucking something from the ground. Sure she was in no shape to grow something... but she wanted to be nice. "Thanks." She said handing a small daisy to the girl, not even sure how she had managed to pluck it, but happy none the less that she had done so. "For everything." Her arm was feeling much better, and she slipped out a frown puckering on her mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   10/6/2014, 9:13 am

"Oh thank you," Jana said, gratefully accepting the daisy and putting it behind her ear, just at the beginning of her poppy and nasturtium crown. "It's beautiful. Where did you..." She trailed off. "Wait a second."

The ground was pure marble, like the rest of the building, there was no soil. Nothing could grow here. The white gauze curtains breathed around her. "Did you just make this daisy grow?" she asked.

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High King Fridgeir
High King Fridgeir

Male
Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   10/26/2014, 5:46 pm

OOC: Borrowing this
I leave camp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)   

Back to top Go down

Buckle your seatbelts, you have reached your final destination. (Open; Arrival)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: Half-Blood Hill-