Help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help please

Post by Samus on 10/5/2014, 10:10 pm

So I have two problems.
One-I need $600 in cash by the end of next june. Anyone got any ideas?
Two-My dad's girlfriend is moving in. I had no say in this and didn't know until today. Which pisses me off. The worst part is that now inhave to share a room. Not so bad. But with a bratty 8 year old who can't ever shut up? You stand corrected. The part i hate most about him is that he is never his own self. He always agrees to someone else's ideas when his are better and it just gets me so aggrivated for some reason. Is it okay to hat stupid people? I'm not calling hum stupid but he does stupid stuff and could be a better person if he just learned to sick up and disagree. Does anyone have ideas for how to cope with this?
Samus
Creator of Reality

Male
Number of posts : 2382
Registration date : 2013-10-26

View user profile http://therepublicofhyrule.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help please

Post by Watsky on 10/5/2014, 10:29 pm

1) Sell cookies. Mow lawns for cash. Help old ladies with their bags.
2) Deal with it, bruh. They're young, this is part of them developing a personality, even if you don't like it.
Watsky

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milocross on 10/5/2014, 10:36 pm

1) what carina said. since you have a lot of time, doing odd jobs will help you out.

2) let your dad be in love, if he and his girlfriend wanted this and they both think its a good idea then so be it. plus you don't have to stay in your room all the time with the 'bratty 8 year old'/
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano

Female
Number of posts : 7763
Registration date : 2010-01-08

View user profile https://vine.co/u/937945522256379904

Back to top Go down

Post by Samus on 10/5/2014, 10:43 pm

I like the mowing lawns idea. What would be a reasonable price, I might ask?
"I'm putting him in there so that you can spend time with him. Do something with him as much as you can, etc." -My Dad
Samus
Creator of Reality

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Watsky on 10/5/2014, 11:24 pm

I've heard people charging $20 per lawn around here
Watsky

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 10/6/2014, 5:16 am

I don't know for the state you live in, but in Germany, you can get around 20 euros for distributing letters around your area, as long as your 12 years old +. As said, I don't know if that works where you live too, but you can always ask.

As for your brother, just tell him he has a personality and should use it. As Catherina and Carina said, he's young so of course he wants to please everybody and one of the ways to do so is agreeing with them. You shouldn't blame him for that. He has time to grow up, mature and learn to use his critical mind, but you should still tell him once in a while he should stick up for his ideas and his personality.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15117
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gif

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Samus on 10/6/2014, 6:51 am

Two things, morgan.
1. Nowhere was it stated that he was my brother
2. I've been trying to and he disregards me. It's not that I hate him for who he is, I hate him becuase of who he isn't. I agree that he should be his own person but from what I've seen, he doesn't want to. This is what gets me mad. He should be his own person, not someone else's. Not a public playground that anyone can manipulate. This is my problem.
Samus
Creator of Reality

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mixtape:R on 10/6/2014, 7:16 am

Easy enter a writing contest.

Second part make him agree to something so horrible he won't agree with any thing.
Mixtape:R
YOLO MASTER

Male
Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2014-05-25

View user profile http://<style>.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img

Back to top Go down

Post by Samus on 10/6/2014, 7:20 am

How many times do you think I've tried that over the past few years? My writing is always "not vivid enough" or "the third person is just too much third person."

No, I'm not doing that.
Samus
Creator of Reality

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 10/6/2014, 7:39 am

Sorry, I thought he was. My bad. You take his problem so personally I thought he must be.

Why don't you just ignore it? If he doesn't listen to you now, he's not gonna listen to you for quite some time. Ignore him, and that's it.

Also, no need to snap at others. The way you said "How many times do you think I've tried" sounds a bit snappy tbh.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15117
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gif

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 10/6/2014, 9:20 am

Well. Seeing the snappiness, Ill offer some very simple ways to earn money;

Develop the next big thing like facebook.

Too complicated? Fair enough.

Get a job. You're 13, I'm sure you can find something.

Too lazy?

Win a competition.

Tried that too many times?

Get better and try again.

Don't like that either?

Win the lottery.

simples.

As for the kid, well... Don't be judgemental. If he's 8, it's natural for 8 year olds to follow the examples of others in order to seek acceptance, to be honest, in one way or another we all do stuff like that at some point. However, you say its your problem. No it isnt. Its his. Its his choice. If he wishes to follow another, then so be it. You can choose to follow your own route, you arent in charge of him. If you try and convince him to be more independent and push him to do so, he's just going to make the decisions he thinks you want him to make, therefore in actual fact he's just following you, and still not being independent. However, if you leave him be to make the choices he wants without trying to push him, maybe he will start to make more of his own choices. But its what kids do, so dont be so picky and judgemental. You can say you never followed others when you were younger, but Im not going to believe you even a little bit. If you really think about it, we all follow others anyway. Soldiers follow the orders of the higher up, we follow the orders of the government, or to be relevant to our ages, we follow the rules set by schools and so on, or even our parents. So what.

In case you couldnt be bothered to read it, Ill sum it. Don't be so judgemental, let him make his own choices.

Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3579
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content