A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Whooping Cough

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jules_Mcguelz
Jules_Mcguelz

Female
Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-09-06

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/9/2014, 11:21 pm

So, I live in Michigan (don't think that matters, but it might) and my mom's a teacher. At her school, the whooping cough is going around (yay! sickness!) and they're thinking of shutting down her school for a week or so, so the kids can heal up and stop spreading the extremely contagious disease. The thing I'm actually scared about si that i got to school across the street from her, so I wonder how long it's gonna take to get to my school.

This concludes useless information time with Jules

UPDATE:
So m school district just had the first confirmation of whooping cough. They shut my moms school down and I think if this worsens this will end up like the swine flu (cue 2009 flash backs) so yeah. I dunno, this topic is interesting so I'll keep you updated.

Last edited by Jules_Mcguelz on 11/12/2014, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3580
Registration date : 2012-08-07

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/10/2014, 5:28 am

If you were to catch it, it isnt loads to worry about. Whooping cough is uncomfortable to have, but all you need are some antibiotics, and just some recovery time. It isnt deadly though, just annoying.

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules_Mcguelz
Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/10/2014, 11:12 am

Well, small children and infants can die od whooping cough. So what could happen is a kid bring it home from school, give it to his/her mom/dad and they will carry it on to the small child or infant and I'm worried the small child population is going to decrease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blaze
Retired Staff Member <3
Blaze

Male
Number of posts : 3957
Registration date : 2012-03-15

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/10/2014, 11:55 am

the population of the world is 7 billion

the Earth can sustain 10 billion

I think we're fine

but bless the parents :(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daffodil987
Daffodil987

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/11/2014, 12:57 pm

Aww I'm sorry to hear about that! I hope everyone gets better soon! By the way....are you a Night Vale fan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules_Mcguelz
Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/11/2014, 4:46 pm

DOES CARLOS HAVE PERFECT HAIR?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daffodil987
Daffodil987

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/21/2014, 9:50 pm

YASSSSS!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lauren
Lauren

Female
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2014-02-18

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/28/2014, 7:43 pm

Wait where da heck do you live cuz whooping cough is going around the schools where I live and I live in Michigan too omg this is freaky. There's like 12 something cases in the first school that had it and it has spread to the elementary schools and a few cases in the middle and high schools if this sounds familiar Jules you must contact me idk you but this might be a dream come true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules_Mcguelz
Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/28/2014, 9:31 pm

I live in Traverse City... I go to east middle school if that helps at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belle
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 1429
Registration date : 2013-05-28

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/28/2014, 11:54 pm

Honestly though, whopping cough isn't even too horribly fatal to young children. As an infant who had whopping cough and lives to tell the story she heard from her mother, yea, I had whopping cough when I was a baby and stuff.

I'd be more concerned about Ebola and the bubonic plague(aka black plague) although it's very unlikely ebola will get bad in north america since it isn't air born and we have the procedures and water to help with that. As for the bubonic stuff you just wanna hope that stays on Madagascar.

All in all, whopping cough isn't that frightening and it's not a pandemic or anything. Hope everyone gets over it though and nothing bad happens!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jules_Mcguelz
Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime11/29/2014, 1:17 am

Is all honesty, I think the whole Ebola thing was an attention seeking scam for America and took all the media away from the ACTUAL problem is in Africa, so I'm not really that worried.

On the other hand, Whooping Cough is hell to go through (from what I hear) and I am personally (as a student, and the daughter of a teacher) worried about getting it, not only because of the extreme discomfort but the days taken away form school and the work I will miss and have to turn in on top of the work I have to do already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Whooping Cough Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whooping Cough   Whooping Cough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whooping Cough
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Out of Character Talk-