Glimmering Water

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glimmering Water

Post by Metilinos on 11/11/2014, 3:57 pm

It wasn't too early in the morning, but the sun was in the sky. Dimitri could have woken up hours prior if he felt that he needed to, but it was nice to be able to sleep in, he decided. He visited the lake nearly every single day he was at camp, sometimes more than once, if he felt like he needed it. The beach was nice as well, but it was often more crowded. There was plenty of water at Camp Half-Blood, even an ocean in one direction, technically, but even still; it sometimes felt like it wasn't enough. Still, the sight of the sun reflecting off of the water was enough to bring a smile to his face, even on rough days. There were plenty of little things Dimitri enjoyed, one of them just happened to be glimmering water.

Dimitri wore a white, long-sleeved, henley shirt, with the sleeves rolled up. His jeans were a somewhat faded black, and his boots matched the same color. He rarely ever went anywhere without boots, they were simply his ideal choice of footwear. His hair was somewhat messy, he hadn't brushed it after waking up, though he didn't think it looked messy enough to warrant anything, so he chose to ignore it until after the lake. He didn't go to the lake for anything specific, except for occasionally practicing his powers, when he was in the mood to, but it could be exhausting to do so.

For the moment, Dimitri was simply crouched in front of the water. The view was nice, and so was being able to be around the water. It nearly awakened a sense of belonging to him, though it never exactly made too much sense. All he knew for sure was that being around water was a big positive.
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glimmering Water

Post by Morgan Landry on 11/12/2014, 8:05 pm

Arian was enjoying an afternoon free of lessons and duties -- no fighting, no training, no cleaning the stables or washing the dishes. Her brothers and sisters had decided to go to the beach for some volley and sunbathing, but she had preferred to stay at the lake for once. Normally she'd happily tag along, she loved her siblings so much, but today she was in arty mood so she had found herself a nice little spot on the side of the lake, where she could sit barefoot on a sun-warmed boulder and draw on her tablet, one iPod headphone in her ear.
She was doing some Marvel/Frozen crossover fanart with Anna as Captain America and Elsa as the Winter Soldier to put later on on her Tumblr and Pinterest, and right now she was doing the coloring while listening to some pop music. She was wearing a loose white tank top with a turquoise-set choker necklace, stacked bracelets and a pair of shorts held by a braided leather belt. She had aqua eyeliner on her upper lids to underline her blue-green irises, lush mascara and a bit of gloss to give her lips a light rosy shine; Arian liked her make up to be mostly natural with a splash of unexpected color. She was just finishing the base coloring when she caught sight of a guy crouching next to the water, looking out at the lake. Dimitri, she recognized him with a smile.

"Are you skiving or don't you have anything this afternoon?" she asked, pushing her chocolate brown layered hair over her shoulder to take her headphone from her ear.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15559
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 11/12/2014, 11:24 pm

He found himself almost staring into the water, though he ignored the reflection that was staring back at him. The connection with the water was one he enjoyed, though he failed to know if it was a pathological or pseudo connection. Either, it didn't appeal to him as something that needed to be figured out. The water made him feel safe and welcomed, and that was more than enough. It was in that moment in particular he felt himself getting lost in thought and the moment, it was almost like no one was around for miles. Except, the reality was that there were very many people that were easily within yelling distance. Though, being trapped in the thought was short lived, as he heard a voice, and his head darted up to see where it came from. He wasn't even sure if it was to him, however, he didn't see anyone else around at the moment.

He briefly recognized the girl, she was definitely in the Apollo cabin. They were generally a group of pretty good people, Dimitri mused, though he didn't know many names, and could not seem to place her name off the top of his head. Still, the company was more than welcomed, he'd wished he'd seen her sooner. He smiled in response to her question. "Nothin' today." Dimitri replied, almost satisfied with the fact that he truly wasn't busy at the moment. He stood from his couched position so that he wasn't so short on the ground compared to her height while sitting on the boulder.

"I don't think I'd be willin' to skip out on too much either. I've heard stories about bathroom duties before, and I don't want that." Dimitri said, the way he'd heard it was that bathroom duty was a living nightmare. He was pretty sure it couldn't be that bad, but he'd rather not find out either way. He took a few steps closer to her and tilted his head, her name was on the tip of his tongue, but he simply couldn't remember it. "I'm so sorry." Dimiti said, opening up his question. "But I cannot seem to recall your name. What was it?" Dimitri asked.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 11/16/2014, 7:09 am

"We don't have bathroom duties," Arian chuckled. That was probably a thing Clarisse and her bully gang would make him believe, make him clean the toilets and scrape the writings from the walls, etc. "That's what the harpies are for. We do have stable cleaning chores though."

She saved her work on her tablet, delicately put it in its protective case then slipped the whole thing carefully into her handbag.

"My name's Arian," she told him with a cheerful smile. As she was a popular, everybody knew her at Camp -- well everybody knew who everybody was most of the time -- but she didn't hold it against Dimitri. He was new.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 11/17/2014, 11:14 pm

"I meant as punishment." Dimitri clarified, though he wasn't sure if he was misinformed in that instance as well. "Cleanin' the stables is never a problem though." Dimitri noted, he had, after all, cleaned horse stables his entire life, though the pegasi were a different touch from horses. Still, just the mention of the stables had him smilling.

Dimitri watched her put her tablet away, he didn't have the slightest idea how anything like it possibly worked. It almost had him tilting his head.

"Arian." He repeated. It was an uncommon name, something certainly not heard every day. "I'm Dimitri." He replied, unaware that she'd recognized him in the first place. "What has you out by the lake today?" He asked, his tone almost somewhat cheerful.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 11/18/2014, 2:11 pm

"Well, actually it's Arianna (she said it with the Italian accent) but very few people can pronounce it like that in the US so here, I'm just Arian," she smiled. "And I know you're Dimitri. We always know who the new guys are."

She took a pack of cookies from her handbag along with a bottle of Fanta, putting both between them to show she was sharing. "I don't have any lesson this afternoon so I'm drawing around on my tablet here," she chuckled. "Listening to some music."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 11/19/2014, 2:49 pm

Dimitri almost attempted to repeat her name, but, with the implemented accent, he was hopeless in it. "Yeah, I can see how most people can't pronounce that name." Dimitri remarked, he held back a snicker at the mental image of how much he'd butcher the name. He noted the hospitality, and was grateful for it, but he wasn't quick to take any of it. Just the gesture alone was enough.

"I'll be honest, I never did grow up with any of that electronic stuff. 'Sall complicated stuff." Dimitri remarked, though, he was impressed by just how far technology had gone. "So, tell me, what motivates you to keep up with all of the new folks?" Dimitri asked, he was genuinely curious. Though he suspected it was just an act of good ethics.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: