A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Watsky
Watsky

Female
Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-01-02

HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Empty
PostSubject: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime11/30/2014, 4:00 pm

Okay so I have to make a survey and record data for a paper in English. I need answers from four teenagers, five adults aged 19-39, and three adults 40+. We're roleplayers, help a girl out.

1. How do you think dating has changed?
2. What is your opinion on texting?
3. Do/did/would you prefer to use technology to set up a date? Why/why not?
4. Would you prefer to be asked through technology or to your face?
5. Do you think technology has lessened the quality of a date, and a relationship? Why/Why not?
6. Do online relationships mean less than those met in real life? Why/Why not?
7. How does the way of asking affect the date?
8. How does the way you view dating affect your dating?
9. On a scale of 1-10, how successful is your dating life?
10. Why do you think it is/isnít successful?

THANK U 4 UR TIME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime11/30/2014, 4:28 pm

Dating has become freer and easier through the Internet, but also more dangerous (for the same reason). It's also much more universal now that most taboos have been kicked out of the way. (LBGTs for example)

I like texting because it's quick, it's easy, and even though sometimes I just want to murder spell check and my phone's keyboard, it's very handy to keep in touch with friends and family without having to spend hours on the phone.

I don't really understand that question. Are you asking if I prefer online dating or are you asking if I prefer to organize a date with someone I know irl through the web?

To my face, thank you very much.

5. Do you think technology has lessened the quality of a date, and a relationship? Why/Why not?
Mixed feelings. On the one hand the Internet gives us magnificent opportunities to learn to know people we would probably never have met/heard of otherwise so with a wider array, the "quality" of dating improves. ("Quality" of a date? Can one even say that?) In addition, talking to someone through the web takes away our original bias of how the person looks like. On the internet, a person is text on a screen, and we have only their personality. It happens too many times in real life that chemistry between two people doesn't happen †because one is put off by the first impression of the other person's physical appearance. Shallow, I know, but it happens.
On the other hand, a lot of things that are essential for dating don't happen online: physical contact, touching, holding hands, kissing, speaking face to face. Without the presence of the other one, people can grow apart easier.
So I do think it has somewhere improved the "quality" of dating by eliminating stuff like bias, by broadening our horizon, but on the other hand, it leaves out a whole lot about it. I stand by my mixed feelings.

Actually, no. I have grown as fond of my online friends as I am of my real life ones. I talk with them all the time, I'm in constant contact with them over Skype, WhatsApp and the forum, so I'm as much in contact with them as I am with my RL friends, therefore they mean as much to me as them.

I don't really get that question either. If you text someone "letz dat3 lololol" it may indeed significantly affect it.

What does this question even mean. My view on dating affects my dating in the sense that it's made out of all my previous experiences. Break ups make me more fragile, getting togethers make me stronger, but that's the same for everyone.

I'd give my dating life a good 9 out of 10 because my relationships are fulfilling, both parties are committed and my ex-boyfriends/girlfriends are the sweetest ex you can imagine. Even after the break up we stay very close as friends which I'm extremely grateful for.

I think it's successful because I'm lucky to find these people. Let's be honest, there are hundreds of people in these seven billions human beings I could date and be happy with for some time, but there might have been people who'd have caused me significant pain or whom I'd have caused significant pain (without wanting to) but instead I found these wonderful people so luck is a huge part of it.

Click on the gifs

HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/30/2014, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milocross
3 parts human, 1 part piano
Milocross

Female
Number of posts : 7771
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime11/30/2014, 4:39 pm

1) Dating has changed by the use of technology. I feel it is faster to communicate with your partner while setting up dates/parties/etc. together.

2) Texting is a fast and easy way to communicate with people, but it can also be a fast way to destroy relationships by snooping, sending the wrong thing to the wrong person, wording things wrong, not being able to tell how you want things to be read (what one of voice), etc.

3) I prefer technology to set up a date because it's faster. If you live away from each other then it would be very easy to call them or text them to set up a time to hang out.

4) If someone were to ask me to be their girlfriend, I'd prefer it face-to-face, as texting can seem cowardly. Otherwise, I'd be fine with setting up dates
through technology.

5) Yes, because if one or both partners has their phone out the whole time then it wouldn't be very intimate. If you can practice self control and put it away, then it shouldn't be a problem.

6) 100% yes. Online relationships are doomed to fail because you can't be very intimate through the web. Physical reassurance and being able to talk to someone without the use of technology is very important, you should never date someone you haven't met in real life.

7) If someone asked me in person to be their girlfriend, it would seem more brave and I would get the impression that they cared more than someone who would ask me through text.

Cool It makes my dating more successful, because I believe in a happy medium. Balance is great!

9) 9.5, no dating experience is perfect, but I think mine is great. There have been few bumps in the road, and most disagreements are settled before a big argument breaks out. And a happy medium makes it even better!

10) I think its successful because my partner and I balance our use of technology to speak with how much we speak in person. When we're just hanging around at lunch during the school week we'll usually have our phones out or we'll be watching videos on a computer, but that's casual. On real dates outside of school, we tend to only use our phones if our parents contact us. Otherwise, we don't use them at all. I think the key is balance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jake.
curly-haired charmer
jake.

Male
Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2012-11-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime12/3/2014, 11:10 am

uhhhh, obviously, because of internet dating, it's grown more 'agile' as to say, because there's many different ways of communications.

my opinion on texting is really neat. (that sounds weird.) honestly, being able to talk to friends without being, like, next to them or talking to them in person is really helpful, aslong as people don't overuse it. i prefer actually talking face to face with my friends, but if you're on holiday...etc, it really helps.

setting a date up via texting/calling is obviously quicker. if it's the very first date, however, i'd prefer actually asking the person/them asking me, i guess.

uh, obviously to my face.

no, not really. i don't really know what to say here? xD so i'll just move on. c:

no, of course not. i mean, sure, it's always a tad bit nicer to have a relationship where you actually see the person and be able to hold hands... etc, but love is love, and if you love somebody over le interweb (hehe c:) it doesn't mean you love them less than in real life.

i have absolutely not idea what this question is asking of me, tbh, so yeah, moving on. (if you're asking me if i prefer dating via internet then... simply, not really.)

dunno about this one, either, sorry.

uh, like, an 8.5/9, i guess? i've dated quite a bunch of people, (mostly guys lel) and we've all remained friends and, y'know, we're cool.

i honestly think it's fairly successful, having been in an internet relationship myself. it worked out amazingly well, and we still remain friends to this day! c: i think it's not in any way 'better' than a real life relationship, but both are nice, and as said before, love is love. c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muse
muse

Female
Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2014-06-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime12/3/2014, 8:41 pm

-> Quicker means of communication have made it easier to set up meetings or find common interests with people you may not have known before. Before the Internet and stuff people would only know the people in their immediate area, and they wouldn't be able to meet people who may be better suited for them.
-> It's nice. Sometimes. It's convenient to be able to check in on plans on even make plans instantly. Its quieter than phone calls. For less immediate things, it's much much much more convenient than a phone call because you don't have to make sure that someone isn't busy when you need to talk to them.
-> It's usually easier to use technology to set up a date because you can both be home and be able to see if you have to do anything rather than trying to set it up one day, then having to go home and check you didn't already make plans for that time and then have to go back and talk to the person to confirm.
-> The first time to my face. No doubt. It just kind of ruins the experience to get a text saying "hey u wanna go out w/ me??" rather than knowing it took someone a lot of courage to actually go up to you in person and ask you on a date.
-> It depends. If the technology is only used to set up and plan things for said date or relationship then it's fine. But if you're on a date with someone and all they're doing is texting, it's kind of ruining it.
-> No. No no no. No. Simply because you don't see the person you love every day in person, doesn't mean you instantly love them less. These things shouldn't be based on seeing the person, it should be based on what the person says and how they make you feel.
-> I don't understand the question...?
-> Some people take it reaaaaaally seriously, so they'll be the ones getting flowers and all that stuff literally every time they see eachother, which is kind of weird. For me it's just kind of someone I can really be me with (wow cliche) and I just see it as having a best friend who you get to be more cuddly with.
-> HA. well i mean im going for 2/5 on the crushes-->dating scale sooooo like 2/10.
-> I mean I'm not really actively trying to date people and when I do I don't really let go so I'll want to break up but I'll remain attached anyway because I'm a clingy loser
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK   HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP ME W/ MY HOMEWORK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: General :: Out of Character Talk-