Water girl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Water girl

Post by Guest on 12/7/2014, 9:25 pm

I ran down the path to lake, eager to get away from my crowded cabin. I always felt better by fresh water. I tried telling that to some one, but the ninny suggested to get a glass of water. Now don't count me as a hippie, but seriously, do you know what people do to water? All that chlorine and filters... It's not fresh water.

I got to the lake and sat down beside it. Any other day I would have dived in and swam around, but dang, it is cold. So I sat at the edge, and decided to do something I would never do on purpose. Use my powers. My powers got me sent back to that foster home so many times... Ugh. but this time I had complete control over it. so I made a girl. Completely non detailed in all ways, but a girl. It just had a simple body shape and a head, no face. I think the only detail it had was the point that the hair was in pigtails. I lowered her down to water level, and made it look like she was swimming. "Now a cupcake..." And so a water cupcake appeared, with human arms, swimming. I laughed a little bit and just let go, making my creations collapse back into the water. I took of my black boots, and dipped my feet in the water.

You would actually expect me to be with some friends here. But I have been at this camp for 2 months, and had not made a single friend. It's so weird, I'm very outgoing and funny. I have been trying to make friends, but everyone just looks at me weird and walks away when I talk to them. I always looked in a mirror after, seeing if there was something wrong with my appearance. But there was never anything wrong. Maybe I just seemed desperate to them or something. Oh well, it was okay here without any one to talk to, laugh with, hang out with... Haha, just kidding, I needed friends. I hate it with no one liking me. I hate that feeling.

I brought me feet out of the water and put my boots back on. I stood up and walked to a large rock and sat down on it, looking down at the water.

Back to top Go down

Re: Water girl

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/11/2014, 12:56 pm

Maddy's headset was pumping loud party music into her ears, having her step in rhythm to the beat, twirling with a hand on her hip. Her curls bounced around her shoulders. She was wearing black cargo pants she had borrowed from Raven with a loose violet top, buckled high heels and a glittering white chunky necklace. A vanilla beanie, two belts and stacked bracelets added layers and accessories to her look.
At this time, most of the populars had lessons so when Maddie arrived at the lake, the usual spot near the rocks was deserted. She bent over to pick up a blue nail polish and put it in her pocket; she'd ask later who it belonged to. She too had nail polish in violet and lilac, alternating sparkly and matte for an asymmetric effect.

Maddy was back at Camp Half-Blood for a couple of days, she was coming back from set in Boston where she had shot some scenes for the new movie she was playing in. She loved acting in front of the cameras -- well, acting in general.

Just as she was continuing to half-dance to the music, she caught sight of a girl, perhaps fourteen, who was doing shapes with water, first a girl, then a cupcake.

"Hey, that looks great!" she called out at her, giving her a thumbs up.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15570
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/12/2014, 9:06 pm

I looked up at the voice, seeing a girl. She looked around sixteen, and had dark brown hair. She looked really happy, if you didn't realize the way she was dancing down the path. You would think it would look kind of weird, but she probably had a ton of friends who that was hilarious. 

"Thanks!" I said, smiling at her. "To bad the cupcake isn't real though..." 

ooc: sorry, my brain isn't working, short post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/13/2014, 1:42 pm

OOC: Don't worry, it's perfect c:

BIC: "Haha, indeed, but luckily I have this!" she said, drawing a pack of cookies from her handbag. "Want one?"

She was always one to share, especially cookies. When it came to those, a lot of people she knew protected their cookie packs with their lives and glared at every one who looked like they were gonna ask for one, but she wasn't that way. Walking over to the girl, she opened the pack and presented it to her so she could take one.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/13/2014, 7:21 pm

I stared wide eyed at this girl. Who asks someone if they want their cookies? Most people I've met hiss at someone who even gets close. I normally don't even have cookies, my orphanage didn't have enough money for luxury like that. And the cookies this girl was showing me looked good.

"Umm, sure..." I said and picked one out of the pack. I bit into it, and yes, it was delicious. "Wow, these are good!" I exclaimed, smiling at her. "So, what's your name?" I hoped she wouldn't act like most people I've met here and just stare at me then walk away. Do I really seem desperate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/14/2014, 7:28 am

"I actually stole them from the Big House's kitchen," Maddy grinned. "But shh!"

She sat on a rock next to the girl; she had seen her around once or twice but didn't really remember her name  (P-something. Paige? Peggy?). After all, she's a daughter of Dionysus, names weren't her strength. (She remembered how she had called Miles (her boyfriend) Marcus on their very first date... talk about awkward.) All she knew was that the girl was in the Minor Water Gods cabin, just like Miles, but she wasn't a daughter of Briareus.

"I'm Maddy," she told her, biting into a cookie herself. "And you are...?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/14/2014, 7:39 pm

I laughed when she said she stole the cookies. "Either way, these are still good," I giggled, taking another bite. I thought I had seen her before, with that son of Briareus maybe? Wasn't her name like Madison or something? I nodded my head when she said her name was Maddy. Close enough. "I'm Penny." I replied, and finished my cookie. "Who is your Godly parent?" I asked, now trying small talk. I hoped she wouldn't run from my desperate-ness, I need people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/15/2014, 5:43 am

Aahh, Penny. That was it.
When she asked about her godly parent, she grinned. "Mr D," she said, finishing her cookie and wiping the crumbs off her fingers. "What about you? You're in the Minor Water Gods cabin, right?"
She had noticed Penny didn't have a beaded necklace so she was pretty new. Miles had briefly mentioned her when she had arrived, but the populars (which Maddy was part of) always gossiped about the newbies, the Aphrodites trying to stick them with each other. Maddy was happy the Aphrodites weren't trying to shove her into a relationship anymore. Sure, they had a knack for finding out who'd be good with who, but Maddy was much happier with Miles than with say, um, Jeremy or Luis. They had been dating for about two months now but they were already a really popular couple at Camp Half-Blood, with Miles being one of the really -- really -- handsome guys and Maddy being the party queen.
The daughter of Dionysus brushed some curls behind her shoulders and took out a bottle of soda for her and Penny to drink from because let's face it, hanging out without a nice drink sucks.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/16/2014, 4:26 pm

I tried holding back a laugh when she said who her godly parent was. I mean, Mr. D isn't really a dad you would be proud of having. He wears animal skin clothing and drinks diet coke all day. Okay, I didn't mean to hurt Maddy's feelings, but seriously. I tried coughing to block my laughter, and to my luck she asked a question before I got out of hand. "Yeah I'm in the minor Water cabin. My dad is Achelous, and apparently he's a weird bull dude," I answered. Suddenly I realized I was being kind of stupid, laughing about her dad. My dad is a bull dude. Seriously.

My eyes lit up when she took out bottle of soda. I hardly ever got soda. Before camp and here. There was a camp store, but apparently you needed drachmas for that, and I had none of those.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/16/2014, 4:56 pm

"Oh, Achelous," Maddy said, handing her the soda bottle. "I think I heard about him once or twice. Isn't he the guy who had a fight against Achilles at some point? Or was it Perseus?"

Don't be angry at Maddy for not remembering mythology that well; she was the girl who sat in the back of the class talking in hushed voices during the lessons, never taking any notes and snapping discrete pictures with her phone. So if ever someone had mentioned the fight between Achelous and Heracles, she hadn't been listening.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/16/2014, 9:47 pm

"Umm... I really don't know a lot about him. But I'm pretty sure he fought Heracles and he stole his horn, and apparently the 7 demigods took the other one." I said. Normally when there was a class in the library, I skipped and went to the lake or something. But don't blame me, I prefer open space than a stuffed up library.

I took the bottle of soda Maddy passed me and opened it. I took a sip and passed it back to her. "Hope you're not a germaphobe,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/17/2014, 6:04 am

"Germawhat?" Maddy asked as she took a sip herself.

Aaah, lemon fanta, she loved that drink. The daughter of Dionysus bit into another cookie and brushed some curls over her shoulder.

"So tell me, how do you like Camp Half-Blood so far?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/17/2014, 7:48 pm

"Germ- Ahh, never mind," I said, looking back at the water. I wanted it to be summer so I could jump in the water and swim to the opposite side.

I took the bottle back and took another sip. It was very refreshing, sort of like bubbly lemonade. I guess that's what it was.

"Well, I've only been here two months, but I think it's pretty awesome!" I answered. "How long have you been at Camp Half-Blood?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/17/2014, 8:10 pm

"I've been here four summers," she replied, taking her necklace out of her shirt to show the four beads on the leather string.

She smiled and tucked the necklace back in again, gazing out at the lake. "Pretty chilly, huh? Normally Camp Half-Blood has this magical climate that makes it summer during all seasons but guess my dad isn't feeling too happy this year."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/19/2014, 5:45 pm

I raised my eyebrows at her necklace. I just missed getting one of those by 2 months.

"I wish it were warm; I really want to go swimming." I complained. "So Dionysus can control the weather? How can he do that if he's only a grape god?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/19/2014, 6:05 pm

Maddy chuckled. "He's a god. He can change the weather if he pleases. Only time I've known Camp Half-Blood to not have a magically-set climate was when Zeus got angry at Percy and sent a thunderstorm to soak us. But yeah, my dad may be the god of wine and madness and diet Coke, he's still a god. People here don't like him and I can understand why. I mean, he goes around threatening to turn us into dolphins and squirrels. But if there's one thing you can't deny about him, it's that his parties are wicked."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/21/2014, 6:00 pm

I nodded; totally forgot gods can do anything. Dang, if I were Percy Jackson I would've accepted immortality. That would be awesome.

I grinned when she commented on Mr. D's parties. "Oh yeah I bet! Have you ever been to one? That would be awesome!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/21/2014, 6:37 pm

"He doesn't exactly throw them here but after the Titan War, there was one on Mount Olympus. Drinks flowed out of the marble fountains, fabulous cocktails just carried around on a purple fog breeze, the Muses singing whatever song you felt like dancing to right now, and that party feeling . Guuuurl. Nothing mattered. Nothing could matter because that moment was just perfect." She took a sip of soda then grinned. "Yeah, I love parties."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/21/2014, 7:10 pm

"Wow, I wish I were there for that," I commented. Seriously, that would be awesome. I bet if the Muses sang whatever song you wanted, they would be rocking out some 5sos for me.

"So, Mr. D threw that party?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/21/2014, 7:18 pm

"He's the god of parties, nobody throws them better than he does. Though you gotta watch out for his servants, they're pretty...maniac."

She handed Penny the soda, thinking "maniac" was the kindest way of putting it.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/21/2014, 11:10 pm

I looked up at her, slightly confused. "But aren't his servants just satyrs?" I asked. I hadn't been there long, but I saw enough satyrs to know they're not "maniac". I took the soda and took a sip, waiting for an answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/22/2014, 6:14 am

"Oh yeah there are satyrs -- I love satyrs -- but there are also maenads. Crazy @ss nymphs with snakes in their hair who rip you apart just for the hell of it, if you refuse to partake in their so-called sacred rites." She remembered how some of them had actually gotten into Camp's borders and Leo from cabin 9 had stopped them by catching them in Hephaestian netting. "So yeah, they're basically my dad's fan club and make it a point to tear to shreds everyone who doesn't follow him on Twitter."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/22/2014, 2:37 pm

"Ohh..." I seriously had no words. I mean, crazy nymphs who will rip you apart if you don't do what they want you to do. Great. So when Maddy said his servants were "maniac", that was sort of underestimating. Well, I never saw one, what did I know. But just hearing about what they can do made a shudder run down my spine.

"Yeah satyrs are nice, one saved me from the New York airport. That place is crazy!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum