A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Care Packages and MoonPies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kwacken
Kwacken

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Registration date : 2014-12-31

Care Packages and MoonPies Empty
PostSubject: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 11:13 am

A large box sat on the bunk assigned to Leandra, postal information giving little information, but it was clear to Leandra what it was. When she saw it, she knew, and a huge smile spread across her face. The diminutive Roman practically pounced on the box, drawing Sting to slice the carefully taped box.

Inside the outer box, another box was inside, still sealed from the factory. A blue box, with a round circle and a yellow moon. The words "Moon Pie since 1917 The Original Marshmallow Sandwhich" emblazoned boldly. It wasn't what Leandra had expected, but she couldn't help but squeal with delight when she saw the box.
"MOON PIES!"
She shouted excitedly, ripping the box open. Of all the things camp supplied, junk food was highly limited, and nothing tasted like home as much as Moon Pies. "Hey, y'all! Snacks from home! Come and get 'em." She said as she pulled one out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female
Number of posts : 15735
Registration date : 2011-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 12:06 pm

Tiberia took out a headphone from her ear. She was using the free hour before dinner to watch Arrow, laying on her bunk with her pugio in her hand -- she always liked holding a weapon in her hand.
Her eyes fell on the box and she put the episode on pause, standing up. She was wearing a navy shirt printed with a white anchor with white jeans and sandals, the muscles of her arms bulging slightly.

"Who sent you that?" she asked, gathering her black curls over her shoulder. "Your dad?"

Click on the gifs

Care Packages and MoonPies Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o2_540
Care Packages and MoonPies Tumblr_oh5m9mlVOv1sz4dg2o4_540

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kwacken
Kwacken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 12:23 pm

Leandra tossed a moon pie to Tiberia, nodding. "Yeah, Dad and Mom. Got moon pies and I bet you anythin' there's some RC cola or Sun Drops below the box. My last letter to them said the biggest thing we all wanted was junk foods." She said, wresting open the package finally, and biting into one of the chocolate marshmallow sandwiches. They were the true ambrosia, so much better than anything else, the texture was pure nostalgia.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Green
Loyal Member
Green

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 12:38 pm

Gūnther walked into the third cohort and stretched some before glancing into the box. "Hallo. Are those moon pies?"He asked before picking one up, smiling a bit. "I love moon pies, thanks Leandora even though I dont really socialize with you." Gūnther couldn't help what he said after thanking her. It's the truth thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kwacken
Kwacken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 12:51 pm

Leandra laughed at GŁnther, hitting him lightly on the shoulder. "GŁnther, you hardly socialize with most people. Take one, I'm not going to eat an entire box myself. By the way, we do need to socialize more. Aside from just war games and such."

Gunther was one of those that Leandra hadn't socialized with much, because she was a little afraid that sarcasm might be considered lying. She did like his brutal honesty, though, and had considered trying total honesty herself. It would help prevent secrets. Not that she had many secrets of her own, just of everyone else. Maybe total honesty wouldn't be good, then how would she hide secrets?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Green
Loyal Member
Green

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 1:02 pm

"We should socialize more, I agree. Altough you can't keep a secret to save your life." He took a bite out of the moon pie and smiled. "Very good, a little bit dry, but good." He swallowed and wiped the side of his mouth with his index finger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kwacken
Kwacken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 1:15 pm

"Did you hear that, Tib? Gunther has a sense of humor." Leandra said, shaking her head. "I guess he's not hopeless after all. Here I had been thinking that he was all but Vulcan. The species, not the god. Dadnabbit, I hate having to specify that, it ruins the jokes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 1:42 pm

"Thanks, Leandra!" Tiberia said, catching the moon pie and taking a bite.

It was very sweet but washed down with water, it became delicious. "Yeah, I feel you," she chuckled. "Being a fan of Star Trek in a Roman demigod Camp ain't always easy."

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kwacken
Kwacken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 3:36 pm

Leandra chuckled, "Yeah, although I would hate to mention the Klingon home world in the Graecas camp. Tib, you're from here, New Rome...does anything here make you feel nostalgic for before camp? Gunther, anything for you?" Moon pies were nostalgia food. They made Leandra think of hot summer nights listening to stories on the steps of the courthouse in Athens. Old men telling tales of picking cotton and moonshining, of scandal and adventure, of bravery and daring. The lares were similar in their tales, but it never seemed like the same to Leandra as the old men sitting on the steps in worn overalls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia
Morgan Landry

Female

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime1/20/2015, 5:58 pm

Tiberia thought about it, chewing on her pie. "Nostalgic? Well, I see my family pretty much every week end, it's not like they're far away. But I guess... playing gladiators with my brothers. With the wooden swords and shields we had bought in the toy store of the Trajan mall."

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care Packages and MoonPies   Care Packages and MoonPies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Care Packages and MoonPies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Jupiter :: Military Camp :: Third Cohort Barracks-