The words in the water (Perca/open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The words in the water (Perca/open)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 2/14/2015, 4:12 pm

Vicky let the boat float freely near the bank of the lake, she wasn't really rowing or sailing, she was in fact taking advantage of the hot, dry weather to catch up on some much needed reading. She'd been slowly raiding the library at the camp for history books, but this had been further supplemented by reinforcements in the form of new and pre-owned books. Vicky wanted to lose herself in some of the books, particularly today since everyone was being all loving and romantic.
Not that she ever showed much interests in such affairs, she just found it difficult to read whilst awful poetry was spoken and fierce screeching that sounded like a cat wails made up what some declared to be romantic songs.

In an attempt she'd got a boat, rowed out into the lake a little way before bringing the boat to a halt. From there she started to read about the Battle in the Atlantic. She had been at the book for the better part of an hour now, with much of it read.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1693
Registration date : 2014-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The words in the water (Perca/open)

Post by Perca on 2/17/2015, 2:57 pm

As I was walking down the path towards the lake, I noticed a boat in the horizon. Reaching closer to the lake, I realised it was a canoe and it was actually seated in the middle of the crystal clear waters. On it was a person of unknown identity, with long hair covering their face. That alone made me guess it was a girl. Maybe she was stuck there, a victim of some humorless joke? "Hello, Miss?"I called out as I reached the part where the water was making contact with the sand, my shoes long gotten rid off and my bare feet digging into the soft mud."Are you alright?"

OOC: It's Marcus
Perca
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 8665
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 2/17/2015, 4:09 pm

Vicky had been focusing on her reading so at first ignored the voice, but when it seemed to be growing insistent she tore herself from her book and looked around. Her hazel eyes picked out a boy, who she didn't know standing by the bank. "Hi yeah I am fine!" She called back. "Just reading a book." So much for peace and quiet but it was nice whilst it lasted.
She put her book down, saving her place with a bookmark. "Is everything okay over there with you?" It felt rude to be having a conversation like this. Vicky believed it would be unlikely for him to swim out to her so, she might as well row over to him. So she picked up the oar and began to row slowly over towards him.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Perca on 2/18/2015, 12:27 am

"Yes, I just wasn't sure whether you had a problem. I didn't mean to interrupt you, I'll just leave"I added quickly as I saw her rowing towards me
Perca
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 8665
Registration date : 2012-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 2/18/2015, 4:37 am

"Oh it is fine." She stopped rowing and let the boat drift slowly towards the bank where it impacted with a dull thud. Even if he was just leaving it would be rude of her to continue conversing from such a long distance. Vicky really didn't mind rowing back out again if he chose to leave, it mattered little to the sixteen year old. If he wanted to leave, he could leave she wasn't about to restrict his movements, course if he wanted to stay and chat that was fine with her.
So long as he didn't damage her books.

No one damaged her books.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content