Demons seen and unseen

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demons seen and unseen

Post by Kwacken on 4/5/2015, 1:02 am

The walk to the Observatory was quiet, which wasn't usual for Evander. He wasn't moving around as much as usual either. Alice was also quiet, bright red and looking both ashamed and embarrassed. Evander had noticed, he wasn't stupid, but he wasn't sure what to say either.

When they got to the Observatory and went up to the roof, Evander sat down, pulling his knees up and resting his arms against them. The fight had drained a lot of his energy, but that wasn't the only part. Well, maybe the knock to the head was too. He had just fought demons, on his own, for only the second time, and he wasn't entirely sure he won.

And the feeling. He hasn't felt that feeling fighting since he had tried to kill his father. Since he had protected Alexandra from his father. The giants hadn't made him feel like that, or New York or even defending Camp Half-Blood, as little as he did.

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about, Alice. Some people's demons are visible. Some are entirely in their mind. Some are people." His voice was quiet and low, tired, but tinged with sadness and bitterness. "I... I'm sorry. That fight. It felt different. Good. But deja vu all over again."
Kwacken

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Registration date : 2014-12-31

View user profile

( 1 ) Cust. Rank, Monster Attack, Character Slot, Loss of Limb, Exotic Pet
( 2 ) Name Change
( 3 ) Shout Out, Name color(2mo)
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Re: Demons seen and unseen

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/5/2015, 1:38 am

Alice walked to the top of the Observatory without a sound or so much as a second glance at Evander. The Maniae didn't bother her at all, she could have felt with them in her own once she collected herself from their yelling and tormenting. What was tearing her up inside was how stupid and careless she was about kissing the boy that sat in front of her. Sure she had kissed him on the cheek plenty of times but she never thought she would throw herself at him like that.Its not that... She said as her voice trailed off into the night. The Stars were visible and some of the constitutions could be seen so she used the stars as a distraction from her mind and how stupid she felt in her white goddess dress with Evander sitting in front of her.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3262
Registration date : 2014-12-18

View user profile https://mixer.com/Chessieblud

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/6/2015, 9:59 am

Evander looked from where he had been staring into space back to Alice. "Then what? Your face is red, and you've been distant since the Maniae came and attacked." And that kiss. But why would she be embarrassed from the kiss? It wasn't an unusual response for great emotional relief.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/6/2015, 12:27 pm

Alice shook her head and pulled her knees to her chest, placing her chin on the ops on them. There was no way in Hades that she was going to tell Evander why she was acting the way she was. Yes she had had a crush before but she never did anything about it because she was in the Asylumwhen it happened. This was different. This was a crush that she acted upon and kissed him, ON THE MOUTH. The girl shivered a little as a cool wind blew and she wished she could just be normal. Well, normal for a demigoddess that is.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/6/2015, 9:04 pm

Evander looked at Alice expectantly for an answer. He waited. For at least three eternities. His annoyance at waiting grew exponentially every second. She wasn't going to answer. What the hell had he done to deserve the silent treatment? He hadn't done anything! He saved her! He had been a big hero. The teen grunted, "Look, I don't know what I did to piss you off, but at least explain things." He said, his voice a little harsher than he intended. "Don't just give me the silent treatment."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/6/2015, 9:14 pm

Alice gave a slight jerk when Evander spoke harshly to her. It was to be expected though, she wasn't talking.Not your fault. I shouldn't have done what I did when you made the Maniae vanish. she said softly to him as she felt some of her blonde hair fall into her face. She messed up, big time, and she knew it. She was growing in the wrong direction with her affection and it was going to hurt her if she kept it up.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/6/2015, 10:05 pm

"Thank me? Oh, wait...the kiss." Evander felt stupid for having snapped, but he also didn't like the silent treatment. He didn't like silence at all, really. "Why feel bad about that?"
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/6/2015, 10:08 pm

Because it was embarassing ok! She shouted then covered her mouth quickly. She had never shouted at anyone before and it felt weird to now but she did. Because you don't kiss people you aren't dating, that's what my Maniae friends say. She hated bringing them up but some of the spirits were kind to her and treated her like a daughter.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/6/2015, 10:15 pm

Evander adjusted himself on the roof and looked at Alice intently. He was confused. He spent nearly every evening going to the beach to be with her. They had never really talked about it, but he had always just kind of assumed that, since she always kissed his cheek. "I didn't realize we weren't dating."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/6/2015, 10:20 pm

Alice gave him a confused look. Yes they hung out nearly everyday but that could be said about anyone at camp since everyone knew everyone. What was odd was the fact that he thought they were dating already.I never recal you and i starting to date. Alice said as she looked at the ground thinking. Maybe she missed him asking her or something. She could never remember time well but she knew she would remember something as big as that.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/7/2015, 12:45 am

Evander felt himself go red, he looked away. "Oh. Sorry. I had just assumed. You know, you kiss my cheek all the time. Sorry." He said, mumbling most of it. He rubbed his face with his hands, wondering what to think. Had he misinterpreted everything?
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/7/2015, 12:49 am

Alice froze for a moment then started to furiously giggle.I do that to everyone, it's how I was raised back home. The girl said as she hugged her sized and tears started to slowly spill out her eyes from her laughing. It was rude but she couldn't help it. A simple greeting from her home land seemed like a thing couples do in America.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/8/2015, 11:24 pm

Evander turned beet red, looking away, his face hot and flushed with embarrassment. "Oh. I'm sorry. Didn't mean to make assumptions." He pushed himself up to standing and turned away from her. "I'll stop bothering you then."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/8/2015, 11:34 pm

Alice immediately felt sorry. Oh gods no. Evander I didn't mean it to sound like that. She says quickly standing and moving in front of the son of Ares. She felt horrible for laughing at him because he didn't understand her. I didn't mean to laugh but I can't help it. I'm insane and I don't have a filter at times. I'm sorry. She said as a few tears rolled down her cheeks. Alice didn't want to loose Evander, not when he made moths flutter in her abdomen.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/12/2015, 12:37 am

"Then what are we?" Evander asked, looking both angry and hurt. He was tired, he was sore, he was more than a little confused and hurt by this. He had thought he was doing everything right for once. That he wasn't screwing it up. No, he was just making an assumption and proving once again he was a thick and stupid son of Ares.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/12/2015, 1:04 am

Alice sat there for a few seconds staring blankly at Wvander, her mind wandering back to when this had happened in a similar manor with her Netherling King in Wonderland.We are what we make of it. Wheather it be together or something of the sorts, we make it work. I'm not deciding this, it's something you must do on your own Luv. I will follow you no matter what. The blonde said, using the exactl same wording he used when she was in Wonderland and asked him what they were. Mor always knew what to say and somehow managed to make the worst things sound angelic. Focusing her gaze back on Evander, Alice gave him a nod and awaited his response.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/16/2015, 6:35 pm

Evander stared at her dumbfounded. What was she talking about? "No. This isn't something I decide and you follow. You are not an object for me to take possession of. A relationship must be a mutual decision, Alice. Would you like to be my girlfriend?"
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/17/2015, 9:47 am

Alice looked at Evander for the longest time and simply stated at him. Moths churned in her abdomen and she felt her cheeks so red. Turning her gaze to the ground Alice fiddled her toes on the cement rooftop under the stars. Only if you won't leave me and won't break my small sanity I have left. I couldn't deal with being completely like my mother. She said with a little choke in her voice and a few tears slipping down her face and landing on the rooftop.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/19/2015, 12:53 am

Evander swallowed hard. He had never felt so scared or devastated in his life. He wanted to say he would never leave her, but death was inevitable, and sometimes so was leaving before then. He didn't want to be the one to break her fragile sanity through his impulsive actions.

The large teen looked smaller as he looked at Alice, putting a hand on her cheek. "Don't trust me with that much responsibility, Alice. Your sanity may be hanging by a thread, but mine isn't too much better."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/19/2015, 1:27 am

Alice looked up at Evander as he spoke and sniffles slightly from crying again. Being compulsive for the billionth time that night the girl threw her arms around his neck and hugged him close to her, the frame of the two fitting like puzzle pieces. I....I will be yours for as long as you'll have me.She whispered as she barried hr year streaked face into the nap of Evander's neck. Not exactly romantic and cute but heartfelt and truthful.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 4/27/2015, 12:01 pm

Evander cringed in pain when she attacked him with affection. He gingerly patted her back a few times. Were girls always this emotional or just Mania girls? He wasn't sure exactly how to respond as she sniffles against him, all but sobbing. "I don't understand...shouldn't you be happy? Or are you afraid I'll say I won't have you? 'Cause, well, I will. I will have you." Ehhhh, that sounded a little dirty, but he hoped she was too distracted to think he was trying to be promiscuous. No more understandings tonight, please.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 4/27/2015, 5:19 pm

Alice froze. What was she doing? Taking herself away from Evander the little girl took a few steps away and stared at her booted feet. im sorry. I guess I'm really not myself when I take medicine. I should probably just go. Alice whispered as she walked to the edge of the observatory and grabbed onto a branch. She paused for a moment as the Maniae whispered to her about mindless things but she stopped nonetheless.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 5/9/2015, 1:06 am

Evander stepped back, tilting his head. [color=#ff6600]"Where did you get that idea, Alice?["/color] He asked. "I just don't understand why you were crying. I'm not mad, just confused."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 5/13/2015, 8:28 pm

Alice shrugged but started to feel like her normal self again.I don't usually take my medicine like you guys do to help with the hyperactive disorder and im basically insane as is so it doesn't mix well most days. I tried to be normal for once so i tried taking the ADHD medicine and,well... She trailed off, letting her words hang in the air for a moment or two.I guess you get the point. When i take the medicine and it starts wearing off it makes me all emotional and stuff so i guess that's what happened. Oh gods! It's tea time! Do you want some? I can get you some, the Maniae can run and get my basket for me and we can just have tea here on the roof. Miona!The blonde said, her words starting to return to the normal fast pace. When she shouted a name a single Maniae appeared and then flew off to fetch the tea set from Alice's cabin.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 5/22/2015, 2:25 pm

Evander stared in confusion as she ran off, trying to process everything. "Uh, I don't take medication...And didn't I just have to chase off the Manias? I'm confused." Evander said, putting a hand against his head. This didn't make any sense.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down