Mental Excerise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mental Excerise

Post by Green on 4/10/2015, 2:56 pm

The Roman probatio, Tanzania Claudia Africanus, stood over one of the war tables that she had rented out for about thirty-five minutes. The table had different landscapes covered througout the round table. Pieces that resembled demigods, monsters, and even gods were positioned on top of the table. Tanzania was trying to set up an attack against a hoard of monsters that were standing across from a river that separated the two armies. Her goal was to order the army well enough to decrease the amount of causalities from the legionnaire side. Tanzania gracefully moved a few of the archers to two high points that looked over upon the river. That should eliminate a good amount of monsters from the fight. But what about the beasts that would fly? She hadn't put that in her calculations. The mocha skinned daughter of Bellona, legacy of Venus wore a imperial gold battle skirt along with a imperial gold vest that stopped at her chest. A black chocker was worn around her neck and silver arm bracelets on either fore arm. Her hair was straightened today and stopped at her mid back. She wore light makeup, some black mascara around her eyes and some gloss on her lips. Her handy dandy broad sword was strapped across her back. Her feet were laced up in Rome style shoes. In all, she looked strong, yet fairly approachable.
Green
Loyal Member

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Re: Mental Excerise

Post by Shade on 4/10/2015, 3:35 pm

Romulus Emanuel Mercury Son of Quirinus and Grandson of Mars Ultor, the Optio of the First Cohort of the 12th Roman Legion. He was a skilled tactician, perhaps the best of his age, and this was of course usually the time that he spent brushing up on his skill but it seemed that someone had beaten him to the punch and rented out the last war table for the free time he had before he himself could have. Which of course surprised him because not many people truly had the same free time as he did and the tables were never all reserved at once. Which of course is what lead him to the area anyway as he planned on seeing just what it was everyone was doing and simply watching, learning, and inputting his own two cents if needed.

Upon entering his eyes scanned over the area and took in the sights before him. Everyone was doing exactly what he had intended to come here to do, some taking it more seriously than others as evident by the two younger legionnaires ‘playing’ as they ‘acted’ out a battle from some movie it seemed. However what caught his eye was the older looking probatio standing over a table going over her own tactics it seemed. Romulus knew who she was, as he made it his business to know each and every person in the legion. He not only knew the name and face of every legionnaire in the legion but who their God parent was, if they were descended from someone who it was and on what side of their family as well as their powers and their parents powers if they had any.

Sure, some people called him paranoid but he simply called it being prepared. He felt that if things were to go astray he wanted to know who he should keep close, who was to be trusted, who was not to be trusted, and who would be good to do what in case of emergency. Walking up to the daughter of Bellona and looking over he set plans he placed his hands behind him and tried to envision what she was planning and what she was attempting. “Placing the archers where you did was a good start, but you’re still left open for aerial attacks. I suggest either using wind children who can fly or giving up a portion of your frontal attack in favor of using them to shield the archers while they reload. Or both”

There was a lot more she could do to ensure the win strategically but none of that truly mattered until it was actually being put into action. There was also the fact that you could never truly be sure your plans were going to work, in the heat of the moment things always went astray which is why you needed a contingency and a contingency for that plan and so on. One could never be prepared for everything but it didn’t hurt to at least try. However it was as he was trying to pin point everything she could do in the situation she had set up that Romulus realized how rude he must have been. “I’m Romulus son of Quirinus by the way.” He asked not for her name as he already knew it.
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male
Number of posts : 23692
Registration date : 2010-07-05

View user profile http://thepriceoffreedom.jcink.net/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 4/10/2015, 6:49 pm

Tanzania almost jumped when she heard a voice coming from behind her. When she turned to look at the male who was speaking to her, a slight smile grew on her lips. It was the first cohort's Optio, Romulus Mercury. Before her cheeks filled up with more blush, Tanzy turned back at that table and placed a hand on her hip. "Hm, that could work...or maybe," The Roman picked up four demigods with one hand and placed them on the corners of the archers. "We can have some of the children of Trivia could create some type of protective shield around them?" Tanzania raised an eyebrow at the other Roman, side stepping so that she was adjacent to him. She paused before suggesting something else. "Oh, and the children of Bellona, Mars, Quirinus, Victoria, and the other children of War could be on the front lines." As she said this, she moved about half of the demigod figurines to the river.

Her stance seemed to change when she was address Romulus. Her back and shoulders were more straightened and her chest seemed to be poked out a bit. She allowed her aura to leak from her body a bit before shutting it off completely. "I'm Tanzania daughter of Bellona and legacy of Venus, but you probably knew that." Tanzy smirked a bit and placed the other hand on the other side of her hip.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on 4/24/2015, 5:24 pm

Protective shield around the archers made by the children of Trivia? That could possibly work depending on whether or not they could hold the shields up. However it did seem logical and for the amount of time she thought of it in he could see no better plan. In fact he had no quarrel with any part of her plan except of course for one simple word she said in the detail of the children of the War Gods. “That works, assuming of course your formation is fighting not in standard Roman Military sanction, or it is simply one Cohort acting out in this battle. There is however only one problem with what you said about putting the children of War Gods out on the front lines. I am the only Son of Quirinus currently serving in the Legion.”

Or at least as far as he knew he was the only son of Quirinus currently serving in the Twelfth Roman Legion. Sure, he knew he had some elder siblings who had done their required ten years and moved on but as far as he was aware there were none the same age as him or younger that were of serving age. His eyes then darted back to the ‘board’ in front of them and he moved the few blue colored Roman figurines over towards the water, some even being placed in the water. “It would also be smart to position Water Demi-Gods and Legacies closer to area where they have an advantage and could still be of use to their allies.”

In theory this battle would be quickly won by the Legion soldiers from the positions they had been placed and if everything went according to plan, but that was figuring in the Monsters only had the ‘troops’ that were displayed. He was of course wrapped up with this but was however able to hear her introduce herself and nodded. “Nice to meet you.” He replied turning to face her as he held out his hand to be shaken, her aura that she was giving off contorting the one that Romulus normally saw. The one that allowed him to decipher just what powers the person had but it was still of course visible just less so. “Interesting, you give off a strong feminist aura...How does it work?” He didn’t like not knowing everything. It paid to be prepared.
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 4/25/2015, 9:11 pm

Standard Roman Military sanction? How could she forget? Tanzania gave herself a mental facepalm and bit her lip, listening as he analyzed her plan and added in some suggestions. "Yes, that is true, Romulus, but there are other children and legacies of of war: Damien, Annabel, Alexander...me." Tanzania stated, scratching underneath her jaw. She closed her eyes for a quick second before opening them again. He had rearranged the board, placing some by the water. "I guess that would be a better idea...but what about the other legionnaires who possess power?" She asked him, looking over at the male. She narrowed her eyes, trying to read what his sexuality was. The outline of her iris glowed a light purple as she began to 'read ' him. Wait, what is this? Did he not have one? No! This was impossible! "Likewise..." She looked him up and down before tapping her chin, thinking. "How does it work? I would tell you...if you were a female." The daughter of Bellona gave him a playful wink before walking around the board table.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on 5/3/2015, 11:02 am

Romulus knew she was correct in stating there were more Roman War God children that of course was obviously correct. It seemed as if being the son or daughter or at least a legacy of a war God was standard procedure for being a Roman Legionnaire. The son of Quirinus had simply stated that he was currently, or as far as he knew, the only son of Quirinus serving in the legion at this point in time. Romulus however failed to comment on it as she moved her attention off of that subject and onto another one. Specifically one involving the other powered individuals and what should be done with them. “Given your set field, the amount of people left, and what you’ve already used I dare say it would be best to simply place them in flanks or platoons and have them fight as units. Simply letting their field commander determine when is best to allow them to use their powers and for what purposes.”

The next bit of information caught his attention because he did not miss anything. Or rather he hardly missed anything. You didn’t get to be a high ranking officer in the 12th Roman Legion for nothing. So, the sly comment and the wink were not lost to the man who didn’t believe in love. “Interesting. Based off what I saw and the comment along with the wink I am going to assume that the power amplifies something in females. Either giving them more courage of making them appear more attractive. Perhaps even both. Am I correct?” It was an interesting power and on lesser minded people or those with not as much control of their own will power it could be a game changer. Men have fallen prone to less in the past and an entire squadron of females all strengthened by this aurora, well…their enemies wouldn’t even know what hit them until the battle was over and won.
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 5/7/2015, 10:17 pm

Tanzania took in a deep breath and forced out an exhale. Her eyes drifted across the table before settling on the table. Romulus was right about just doing a regular formation. That would save a lot of demigods from being too confused with where to go and what their specific job was. "I agree with your statement." She paced a hand on her hip and shifted her weight to that side of her body, thinking.

When Romulus had discovered her feminine aura power, she smirked and looked down at the perfect Roman specimen. "That something is the very gift from Ops herself." She said in a whisper, nearly toe-to-toe with him. "And it's so much more than that." She added and stepped away from him and brought out a imperial gold dagger that was strapped to her upper thigh. She touched the tip of her dagger with her index finger. "So tell me, Romulus; and excuse me for being so blunt and maybe a little crass, but are you asexual? I've tried to see which way your pendulum swings, but I can't seem to read you".
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on 5/10/2015, 2:19 pm

She danced around the posed question about her power easily enough. He expected no different from someone of her heritage but was a surprise was the question she asked. Not because it wasn’t something he hadn’t hear before, quite the opposite as he had heard the question more times than he would have liked, but because he was unaware that was one of her powers. It seemed that female aurora of hers, or whatever it was, was messing with his own power more than he thought meaning it was very powerful. However not one to be deterred or give up any sort of footing easily his facial features showed no reaction to his being surprised.

“I’ve been labeled as that by others yes. In truth I have no preference, I enjoy the company of my friends but only in a platonic way. There is no such thing as love.” It was a short version of his stance on the ‘issue’ or topic and as much as he understood and respected other people’s opinions that is all they were to him. Opinions and theories with no actual scientific data to back up their claim that this ‘emotion’ depicted as love was anything but a highly advanced off shoot of loyalty, longing, and a desire to mate or protect those they considered family and or friends. It was his stance on the subject and as stubborn as he was no one was going to change it. “And yourself?” it didn’t hurt to have more opinions or stances on the situation though.
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 5/17/2015, 5:05 pm

Tanzania touched her hands to her heart when she heard Romulus say that there was no such thing as love. "Excuse me, I'm a bit confused. You said that love doesn't exists? But what about the gods of love? My grandmother. Love is real. You were conceived in love, your parents love you. Believe it or not, you love them back." Tanzania touched her fingertip to his chest, woah were they nice and firm. She then started to run her index finger down the center of his body, stopping at his belly button. "Some where in that perfect body is someone who is ready to love."

With that, she turned away from him and back to the table. "I, myself? I love the embrace of a nice, health, submissive man. On the other hand, I also enjoy the company of women."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on 5/17/2015, 6:24 pm

“I do believe the words you are looking for are lust, loyalty, and respect. All of which are their own separate emotions yet seem to carry a lesser weight than the word ‘love’ does.” He was unfazed when she touched his chest and started moving her hand down, but stopped her before she could get all the way down to his belly button. Placing his hand on her wrist and lightly pushing her hand back. “I disagree with your assessment on the topic, you disagree with mine. We’ll have to agree to disagree.” He’d learned long ago that arguing his point on this certain topic got him nowhere. People were just too far stuck in their belief to see reason and logic. All new things came from someone who thought differently than the rest of the world and were scorned for their ideas. Just as Galileo believed the sun was the center of the universe his ideas would become accepted eventually.

Her proclamation of her sexuality was no surprise. She was a strong female who made sure her opinions were known and add to the fact of what her powers seemingly were the fact that she enjoyed the company of both a man and a woman was expected. Easier to exploit though. In fact it was a much easier weakness to exploit than she probably even knew. Not that he’d ever do anything about it. Unless of course she gave him a reason to. “Back to the board however, your tactics as strategically sound as they are may only hold up in battle to a certain point. You always need a contingency plan for everything you do. You never know what may happen in the heat of battle.”
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 5/18/2015, 8:44 pm

Tanzania exhaled and shrugged her shoulders. "Fine, fine. We agree to disagree." She restated and placed her hand on her hip. "Gods men are so..." She shook her head, not wanting to continue her sentence. The daughter of Bellona looked over the strategy table, noticing the minor flaws that still remained even though she had corrected it with the aid of Romulus. Exhaling, she bent over the table, using her hands for support. "Then it's up to the gods at that point, Romulus." She stated in thought, standing back up straight and turning to look at him. "I need your help with something. Do you mind coming with me to San Francisco later on in the week? I need your assistance with something that isn't Camp related...well, more so New Rome related. You are welcome to say no. I can always get someone else to come along with me."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade on 5/18/2015, 11:33 pm

Up to the God’s yes right of course. Because relying on someone else and hoping everything worked out great in the end was always such a good plan. He almost scoffed at the sheer audacity and stupidity of her statement but left it alone for her sake. Sure, he like everyone in New Rome believed in the Gods and worshiped them, even respected the ones worthy of it but leave everything in their hands? No. Whatever actions he performed or did were of his own will and he quite liked it that way thank you very much. He hated having to rely on others and the Gods were no different in his book. That of course didn’t mean he didn’t trust others decisions or disliked the company of other people. No, quite the opposite in fact the young man simply didn’t like not having a say in things that involved himself.

However her proposal slightly surprised him. Which was not something he was used to, being surprised. He read facial features easier than one read a children’s book and he read people almost as easy. Hell it was actually one of his abilities, technically. He’d never admit to Tiberia, or anyone for that matter, that the reason he was so good at reading people was because of his Adaptive Muscle Memory, as he called it, mainly because it wasn’t the sole reason but it did help. “It would depend on the reason.” He stated standing up straighter, if that were at all possible, crossing his arms over his chest and looking back up at her because of course shorter than she was. He wasn’t the tallest person in the world in any sense of the world and his height was actually the one thing he could be considered average in. “But I see no problem with helping someone.”
Shade
Role Playing Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 5/20/2015, 5:33 pm

"The reason is simply this; I need to retrieve something. An object that I found in San Fran while I was going on one of my outings. It's a painting to be less vauge. A painting of Bellona" She stated and studied the son of Quirinus. He seemed so uptight, lacking any form of emotion or feeling. He differently lacked any form of sexuality as far as Tanzy could tell. After a slight pause, she continued. "I would ask Alexander to go with me, but I don't feel like bothering him." She stated and looked back at the tactical table.

OOC: Sorry it's so short!
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content