How The Other Half Lives

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How The Other Half Lives

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/17/2015, 6:10 pm

Lena waited on the private jet for Andrew with her skateboard in her lap and an assortment of tools on the small table in front of her. She wouldn't call herself handy so much as knowing how to take care of her boards. Digging in her hello kitty bag she pulled out her phone and answered it as it vibrated.What Syn?.....No he's not here yet......Well just tell him I wont be back till tonight and reschedule for tomorrow.....They won't care......later Synyster. She said hanging up her phone and going back to her board as death metal played over the speakers for her to wait for Andrew and then head to New Zealand. Synyster had flown out a week prior to help their mom with preparations and setting up the guest rooms for Andrew and a few of the other aristocrats. It had been about an hour since Lena had told Andrew to meet her at the plane and she was starting to loose her patience.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3262
Registration date : 2014-12-18

View user profile https://mixer.com/Chessieblud

Back to top Go down

Re: How The Other Half Lives

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 12:05 am

"So. You're going to New Zealand?"

"Yes."

"With a girl you met at your summer camp?"

"Yes."

"To be a guest at a ball her parents host?"

"Yes."

"And their family holds a strong title there?"

"Yes. Uh. I think. I didn't really have time to ask her about the semantics."

"Wait. You 'didn't have time' to ask her about the semantics and you're travelling across the globe with her now?"

"Well.... Yes." Not having time wasn't exactly the truth, but more of just not having gotten around to asking, Andrew decided it was okay to let this little truth stretch. It was for the sake of pink lemonade.

"Just, be careful, please. I definitely trust you and your judgement, but, ever since Abb disappeared, you know your mother and I worry a lot about you being so gone afterwards." His dad said to him.

"I know, dad." Andrew replied, losing his happy tone. He felt guilty, knowing where his sister was and what she was doing, while his parents believed she was missing or dead.

"Sorry to bring up that memory, I know it isn't fun for any of us to think about. So... are you interested in this girl?"

"Ye- wait, that's not fair, I was on a role with the 'yes' answers." Andrew protested.

"Well, are you?" His father boasted back at him.

"I think she actually has a boyfriend either way." Andrew replied.

"You think?"

"How do you bring that up in conversation without making it strange? Not even you could get away with that one, dad."

"Haha, I guess I'll have to prove you wrong next time you're home. Speaking of which, when you were here yesterday, what was with that dog with you?"

"Oh, she's, uh. You know. Temporary."

"You're walking around with a 'temporary' dog, huh?"

"Well, we'll see how long it takes for mom to warm up to her. Hopefully I'll be home all year this time. I gotta go dad, I'm running late as is, and I think she'll literally kill me if I'm too late." Andrew smiled to himself, kill him, because she was a daughter of Thanatos. "I love you. I'll talk to you soon."

"I love you too. See you soon."

Andrew hung up his phone, he wouldn't be able to use it much outside of camp, so he made the most out of the call while he could. He whistled for Netha, he wanted her to be there with him to see New Zealand. He was very excited to see a new land entirely, though things weren't going so smoothly. He'd went home to visit the night prior, and getting back was a very delaying process. He grabbed his bag, watching his wolf come from his call. He gave her a pet, and she didn't react. "Come on girl, let's go check out where Lord of the Rings was filmed. And pray that Lena doesn't kill me for keeping her waiting for too long."

---------------------

Andrew came quite literally running up to the jet, his backpack on him, himself literally sweating from the run. Maybe a long sleeved dress shirt was the wrong call for today's weather. Netha had no problem keeping up with him, and was as always, expressionless. "Sorry!" Andrew called up, approaching the jet, out of breath. "Getting back to camp was crazy. Toll booths and accidents were everywhere. And my mom practically clung to me for an hour before letting me get on my way. She's still iffy on the subject of letting me leave the country." Andrew explain, boarding the jet. He, of course, would have left either way; his parents wouldn't need to know. Though, he knew his dad would let him go; they shared a similar sense of impulse.

Andrew boarded the jet, Netha following behind. It hadn't occurred to him to check these laws about animal travel. Especially exotic-predator-like animals. Either way, Netha as on the jet with him. Worst case scenario, Andrew would hide her... somehow. Or she would wait in his cabin. Though, he very much wanted her to be with him. This was about the first time Netha would actually be spending any time with Lena. "Lena, this is Netha, the girl in my life. Netha, this is Lena. She's related to death, but surprisingly full of life." Netha sat still, staring at Lena, not reaction to Andrew's silly antics. "She uh... does that a lot. She's like one of those British guards you have to try to make laugh." Andrew said, Netha then turned to stare him down.
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 12:27 am

Its about freaking time. I almost took off without you.She said annoyed as her scythe laid next to her while she worked on her board. As the jet started preparing for take off two balls of fur came charging through the door and onto the couch that was unoccupied. Thor laid on the ground and Stark was on the couch, despite there being plenty of seating for the both of them.

Stark had recently started looking more like a wolf with his fur being so fluffy and his muscles being so strong. In doing so Thor and Duke had started to looked up to the younger male as an Alpha of their own little pack. Stark glared and Netha and bared his fangs, showing a display of dominance and Thor's ears flattened at the sound of him growling a little. Even if Stark was younger he had plenty of more experiences than Thor and Duke put together and made for a great leader.

Lena looked between the two massive creatures and then to Andrew. If she so much as makes a move at attacking and ruining my families hey there will be hell to pay.She threatened, pointing her flat head screwdriver at the boy to prove a point. The jet engines started to roar to life and soon the metal container made its way down the runway and into the sky.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 12:52 am

"I know, I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk to my dad before I left. I don't really get to anymore. I'll make it up to you somehow. I'll, uh, learn how to properly ball dance and then actually dance at the ball." Andrew said, brushing off her first comment on being late. It was his fault, and he was willing to accept that. Netha, however, was not so gracious towards their hosts. At Lena's comment towards Andrew, and Stark's attempted act of dominance, she bursted into action, her growl was loud and threatening, and her expression was visibly hostile. Her hind legs stood higher than her front legs, she was ready to attack. She wanted to attack. She was angry at the disrespect, as she felt she deserved better. She had seen death, life, and the wild. She was not some mutt that crashed balls.

"Netha, don't." Andrew coo'ed in an understanding voice, before his tone quickly changed. The wold backed away, sitting once more. She clearly wasn't happy.

"I understand that you're pissed off at me for being late, I get that, but do not bring Netha into this." Andrew said, sternly, he clearly wasn't happy. The wolf had stood by him no matter what idiotic thing he had done, and in turn, he felt he owed the same to her. Netha reminded him immensely of his sister, and more or less, she was the closest family he had. They woke up together every morning. They tracked and hunted together. And although Netha always gave him the cold shoulder, she was by far his best friend. As little as Lena's statement meant, Andrew was famous for overreacting to insults and instigation.

"I don't care if I have to sleep outside and swim back to the States." Andrew boldly declared. "I don't care if I have to jump out of this jet into the ocean." Even though he would die, he still gladly made the statement. "I stick by Netha, and she sticks by me. And she is not some mutt. She's graceful. She understands the world. And she does not ruin balls. Do not insult my best friend. You should be more worried that I'll say something stupid to someone and you'll ultimately be judged on your choice of friends!"

Wait a minute. That one didn't come out right.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 1:13 am

That set Lena off.MY choice in friends?! She said standing, scythe now in hand and knuckles white with anger in her grip.Hate to break it to you kid but you didn't have to come with me to MY home and live like a freaking prince while you stay at MY castle on MY mountain. And if you think, for one iota of a second that I don't know what it's like to have someone there for me all the time no matter what and that you can get away with one more sentence about things you don't know about then you are very, very mistaken son of Apollo. Lena glared as the boy, scythe blade now close to his throat but not touching him even in the slightest.

The death metal music from before was still on the PA system and Stark had moved to her side, growling at both of the guests and baring his fangs while Thor growled from behind them. Lena was angry. No scratch that. She was FURIOUS that Andrew would have the audacity to say these things to her when he himself didn't know everything there was to know about the daughter of death.And a word of advice. If you wish to be treated kindly at my home and in the presence of other aristocrats and members of the aristocracy you would do better to think before you speak or don't speak at all and just watch. They won't be as forgiving as I am. Sje said turning away from him and sitting on the couch farther away with Stark laying at her side and watching the wolf like a hawk.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 1:32 am

"I have a name, Lena." Andrew said back. He couldn't believe that she had held the scythe so close to his throat. The thought twisted how he felt towards Lena. "Is that how this is going to be? You're going to threaten to kill me over defending someone I care deeply for?" Netha had stepped in front of Andrew at this point, her growl had returned. In the moment, you couldn't tell she was healthy, she looked absolutely feral. Andrew squatted down, his mouth was now next to Netha's ear. "Shhhh, it's okay Netha. I'll take care of this. I'll never forgive myself if you get hurt." Netha clearly didn't want to listen, she continued growling, but slowly took her sitting position, glaring at the group in front of her. She refused to step out of Andrew's way though; she wanted to protect him if things went bad.

Andrew stood again, looking back at the daughter of Thanatos. "I made a big mistake." Andrew began, and as much as that sounded like the beginning of an apology, it was the opposite. "It's funny when you think about it. You said I seemed like the kind of visitor your mother would love to have at a ball, but I can see now that listening to you was just dumb." Andrew said. He was angry, and in a way, upset too. Andrew looked around the jet, he wanted to be out so badly. "I know your brother is there for you all the time. Sorry I can't relate, my sister is busy running off with her brand new freakin' family!" Andrew shouted in a burst of emotions left over from his phone call with his father. He didn't stop there though; it would have left him too upset. And being angry was so much easier to explain than stopping to be upset.

"So, message received. Sorry us peasants aren't good enough for you. I don't want to go to your mountain, your castle, or to meet your family." Andrew continued. Andrew eyed the dogs that were now clearly hostile towards him. He wouldn't dare threaten to hunt domesticated animals, but he so badly wanted to say the words. Even Andrew had lines he wouldn't cross though. "And another thing. Do not call me kid. In fact, maybe this will all go smoother if you simply just don't speak to me!"
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 1:43 am

Lena watched him whisper to his wolf and listened to what he said. scoffing at the end and shaking her head as she pet Stark, her scythe now dismissed.You really don't know a single freaking thing do you. All the emotions that she had buried over the years of living had started to surface and she felt them welling inside of her.I don't WANT to be an aristocrat, why do you think I left New Zealand. Synyster ISN'T always there for me was referring to Stark and Thor. And I don't give a fck what you do regarding our friendship and speaking to me, seeing as whatever sliver of a friendship we has is now gone. She said looking down as a single tear rolled down her cheek in the shadow of her hair.

Thor whimpered and moved to lick the daughter of Thanto's cheek, getting a hug from him in return. The next thing you knew both of her ferocious dogs were cuddling her as she hugged the both of them close to her and mumbled to herself. She honestly hated home but it was her duty to return when need be and she finally thought having a friend there would be fun and maybe a cool trip to take and help them become closer as friends. New Zealand had tons of sights to see and people to meet but she could tell that Andrew no longer had any intentions of being kind to her and she didn't blame him one bit.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 1:59 am

"You've made that abundantly clear." Andrew said, backing away. Netha followed close behind. Her gaze was relentless, as though she needed no blinking and had eternal focus. Perhaps there was a sense of curiosity somewhere within her, but as always, Netha displayed no hint of emotion, other than her conviction to protect Andrew. Netha was brilliant, but had no interest in showing it. She didn't even show affection to Andrew, ever, she simply watched and waited until she was needed. Andrew sat down, Netha following closely behind him. Though, Netha didn't lay, nor comfort Andrew, she simply sat and watched.

Andrew's phone began vibrating. He'd forgotten to turn it off; the waves interfered with certain communications on airplanes, he figured it was the same thing. The caller ID was his father, and he wanted to answer it badly. But he made the choice not to. He let it sit on the seat next to him, until it went to voicemail. He then turned the phone off without a word. He wondered what his dad possibly wanted? He knew he was travelling to New Zealand from air. Andrew sighed, shrugging it off.

He didn't speak another word. He was certain this trip was going to be awful. And that by the time he was back at Camp Half-Blood, there would be five new enemies of his. Syn, Lena, Duke, Thor, and Stark. And, assuming they had people close to them, add them to that list. Joyful times were coming. Andrew couldn't even think of a dumb silly thought to cheer himself up.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 2:07 am

the rest of the plane was in silence and not even the captain came on the speaker to announce the landing, it just happened. Lena grabbed her single bag and walked off onto the pavement with Thor and Stark by her side, her head hung low and a hummer limo waiting for them outside. nobody was there except the driver and Lena didn't do anything. her actions and new attitude made her seem almost like she was dead inside and a zombie on the outside. This was odd, even for her, but she didn't change any way at all. With her and the dogs in the limo she waited for Andrew and Netha, knowing this was going to be the worst trip of her life, even more so with her having to go to yet another ball in honor of her family and it's name in society.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 2:21 am

Andrew took a deep breath as he stepped off the jet. He'd never been somewhere where he didn't have the tools to hunt if he needed to. All he'd brought with him was a folding skinning knife, which, sure it could take down a monster. If you stabbed it enough times and managed to get up close. But, the odds of that weren't likely, and it made Andrew nervous to be so under-equipped in a land he didn't know. And of course, watching Lena walk down to the limo didn't make him feel better. If it was his neck on the line, she probably wouldn't bother to save him, not with how low she thought of him. The long jet ride had given him time to clam down, but he still thought about the scythe to his neck, and it kept him stern on the subject. Meanwhile, Netha hadn't had a problem with disliking the whole lot.

Andrew didn't have much in his bag, just clothes, his computer, and a picture of him and his sister, and some other bare essentials. Oh, and that thing he was going to surprise Lena with for inviting him to the ball, but that didn't really seem appropriate anymore. He slung it over his shoulder and looked down at his wolf. "Careful, Netha. I'm going to assume anyone who gets too close will know that you're a wolf, and will probably be slightly scared." He said, before he stepped down. He might have appreciated the landscape, but he was far too conflicted.

He sat down in the limo, across from Lena. Andrew had no clue how to talk to people on a level like this, of serious inner conflict. "I didn't mean to make you go silent." Andrew said, which, in his head was an apology, though he couldn't voice it right. He simply sat there. Unsure of what to say.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 10:24 pm

With Andrew now in the limo the driver sped off through the New Zealand country side. Lena stared out the window and waited for her favorite view to show up. There was nothing else to do after all, Andrew clearly hated her and there wasn't much for her to do to change it. Once you hate someone there's no real going back from there. That's when she saw it. The beautiful sky met with the mountains and a giant raging waterfall fell over the high fells. the water was clear as glass and made a rainbow in the mist.  This was why Lena loved home. The land was amazing and there was always something to be brought to amazement by.

After a few more miles of land and scenery the limo pulled up into the drive of an amazing castle on the perch of a mountain crest.Welcome to Blackthorn Manor. She said bored, having that being the only thing she said all the ride through her homeland. Thor looked out the window and began to bark happily as at least a dozen more dogs came bounding from the back of the house to greet them. Along with the hounds came a shorter woman with black hair like Lena and her older brother Synyster. The car parked in the drive and a servant opened the door for everyone. Lena walked out first followed close by Stark and then Thor. Stark shot a glance over the dogs and they all seemed to bow their heads lower in return.

"Welcome home my sweet Leanna." The woman said, embracing her daughter in a warm hug. After the embrace Lena went to stand by her brother with her hands folded over her chest and Stark sitting by her side. "Your friend is coming yes?" She asked waiting to meet the friend of her daughter, seeing as she had very few as is and this was now one of the ones she didn't have.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 11:18 pm

Andrew didn't have much to say at all, especially when Lena didn't reply to him. Apologies and consolations weren't quite his thing, neither was being the bigger person. He was more into stupid arguments, really. He had an awkward talent for committing himself to these things, then feeling bad about them later. Looking down to Netha made it a little easier to stay angry over guilty; as it reminded him of why he flared out in anger in the first place. Her gaze didn't leave the other set of organisms the entire trip, as always, Netha had a watchful eye. Andrew didn't reply when she welcomed him to her home, he could tell it wasn't heart-felt in the slightest. His eyes looked out the window, he hardly had even layed eyes on this new land he was visiting.

His heart suddenly sank as he looked at the castle they were closing in on. He wasn't sure whether or not her was very impressed or very terrified. He was going to have to talk to Lena's family at some point, and it looked like that time was about to be now. He could act his way though it, make himself appear as though he was the sort of classy sophisticate that actually belonged here; but he was afraid that Lena would tell someone what happened, and it would be the boot for him. The thought of the social outcasting was worse than the thought of actually being out there alone. Andrew took a deep breath, before giving Netha a pat. She didn't react, as always. He silently decided it was show time; though he wasn't really acting to be accepted for himself, more so that Lena's family didn't hold judgement on her.

Andrew thanked the person who opened his door for him, graciously. When Netha spotted the charging dogs, Andrew got nervous. He whipsered something to her, looking as though he was giving her affection. Though, the real message was something like "Please just be calm this once and I will give you a life-time supply of marrow bones or whatever you want."

"Mrs. Duchannes, it's a true pleasure to meet you." Andrew said, bowing to her afterwards. The instinct for a handshake was large, but he was almost-somewhat-certain that wasn't proper formalities for people so high up. Netha kept her calm, sitting by Andrew's leg, but her gaze laying strictly on the scene in front of her. "It's an absolute honor to be here. You have quite the gracious daughter, and I'm glad to call her my friend." Andrew never used so many adjectives, however, it was important to set a good impression.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/18/2015, 11:29 pm

Suck up. Lena mumbled as Synyster let an outburst of laughter escape. Their mother laughed as well and shook her head. "We don't bow and haven't in hundreds of years Andrew son of Apollo. I see you brought your wolf." She smiled as she squatted down and held a hand out, leaving room for Netha to decide if she wanted to extend her neck and receive praise and a scratch. "One of my people contacted me before you took off so I took the liberty of hiring someone to help make her comfortable and we even had an entire room redone while you were in the plane as a room just for this lovely she-wolf." The woman said, standing up once Netha didn't move. Synyster looked the boy over and whispered something to his sister which caused her to laugh and then go silent again.

A few servants started taking things inside as the limo pulled away into the late afternoon. "Why don't we all go inside to the dining room. The cooks are about done and I am dying for you to meet my husband and to hear about camp. Lena hardly talks about it and mostly talks about how she despises it." the woman laughed as she climbed the stairs, Synyster close behind her. Lena whistled and the dogs all ran off with the exception of Stark who remained by her side as she turned and slowly made her way to the stairs climbing slowly for Andrew to walk beside her.It's impolite to leave the hostess alone. She said once before walking slowly up the stairs again.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/18/2015, 11:59 pm

Andrew immediately felt his cheeks flush red in what was sheer embarrassment. The most watchful eye might have even noticed Netha be slightly amused, but only for an instant. Andrew didn't really have any words to say, he was far too embarrassed. He listened to their mother talk about having a room re-done just for Netha, and it made him feel uneasy, someone doing something so huge just because his wolf and him were visiting. Not to mention he wasn't sure if that meant Andrew and Netha were meant to sleep in separate rooms. He'd waken up next to her everyday for as long as he'd had her. His thoughts ceased as he watched Lena's mother put her hand out, and it surprised him to see Netha tilt her head in curiosity. Perhaps she was simply curious. She didn't move, and she kept her gaze, but tilting her head was a step she never usually took.

"Don't, uh, take it personally." Andrew tried to explain. "She's not really an affectionate type. She hasn't once in the time I've had her actually ever tried to seek any kind of physical contact. It took forever for her just to allow me to pet her." He said, looking down at her. Her coat never seemed to remain dirty, despite never having her groomed. Gods, he knew that was the worst idea he could ever have, trying to soak down Netha. He looked down to Netha, his heart sank as he imagined even trying to leave her in her room alone. But he was far too uncomfortable with telling Lena's family he couldn't do that; they went through all the trouble just for him and Netha. Andrew watched Lena's brother whisper to her, and she laughed. He pretty much knew it was about him, otherwise there would have been no need to whisper. Andrew frowned in a sense of anger, and extreme uncomfortable-nature.

Andrew followed the group up the stairs, next to Lena, as he was supposed to. Usually it was the survival aspect of a situation that pushed against Andrew, though today it seemed like it was social survival. He felt nothing but uncomfortable, to the point where he didn't even want to speak any longer unless spoken to. With the fight, the whispering, and the embarrassment show that had just happened, Andrew wanted nothing more in the world than to run out from the castle and be alone with just Netha. To be away from all of the people around him. But he also felt far too obligated after all the trouble that had been gone through.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/19/2015, 12:13 am

The room isn't for her to sleep in. Lena said as they walked the halls of Blackthorn.It's just incase she wants to spend time there. Mom does it all the time. She said flatly as they walked into the dining room. In short it shouldn't even be called a room and more so a hall. It was so lavish and amazingly decorated that everything seemed almost fake. Syn said and waited for them while their mother and father where no where to be seen. The taller and older demigod gave a bored look to Andrew and winked at his sister, causing her to scoff and roll her eyes as a servant pulled out a chair for her.Quit acting so posh synyster. She complained, leaning her self against the table."Quit being a prat Lena." he teased. Lena was about to say something when the doors opened and their parents walked in arm in arm.

Lena's mother, Sarafin, was a gorgeous woman and was the reason Lena looked the way she did. Her long black hair was draped over her shoulders and back while her pale skin made her natural features shine. The black and red of the dress she wore only accentuated her features by that much. Their father was a whole other story. Dressed in a grey suit and striped tie Johnathan Duchannes looked like a model for business wear. His jawline was set and his hair was amazingly manicured. The husband pulled out a chair for his loving wife and after she sat he seated himself at the head of the table, Sarafin to his left and Synyster to his right. Lena sat next to her mother and a servant pulled out a chair for Andrew next to Synyster.

"Ah, Andrew my boy. It is so good to see you at Blackthorn finally. I assume the plane ride went well as did the ride from the runway strip?" Johnathan asked as he placed his napkin in his lap and waited for the boy to be seated. The man screamed rich man with lots of influence and he didn't seem to let it get to him though. He spoke casually and had a slight formal tone to it but other than that he looked like any normal businessman of a father would.

Spoiler:
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/19/2015, 12:45 am

There was a silent sigh of relief when Lena said the room wasn't for Netha to sleep in. Having Netha next to him would make him feel much more secure closing his eyes. Still, he wondered how she knew the let him know that. Then again, surely enough she knew what it was like, being so close to her own canine dogs. It had been far too many hours since Andrew thought of some random silly thought to pass the time. And as badly as he wanted to go off on a pink lemonade tangent in his own mind, he was already far too nervous, being in front of Lena's entire family now. Lena and her brother's teasing to one another didn't help calm him, especially with him being the subject of the scoff. New Zealand so far was very stressful.

"Finally?" Andrew repeated. He supposed they must have known who he was, considering they knew about Netha and the fact that Apollo was Andrew's biological father; a fact he quite hated. "The flight and the ride were both incredible..." Andrew said, hating the fact that he was technically lying. It was not the best way to make a good first impression. Especially while you were in their castle and surrounded by their canines and servants. Andrew even felt tense in his chair, feeling as though the entirety of the family was judging him on just his posture. The anxiety was something he rarely felt, but it was intense right now.

"It's all amazing. Even, a little overwhelming." Andrew admitted. There were people everywhere. Back home he had wealth, but not this wealth. The staff at his home was a maid and a chef. The staff here was an army, practically. "How about you, sir? Has your day been well?" Andrew asked, attempting to be polite. He was beginning to feel like he was going to throw up from the pressure he was letting pile on him.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/19/2015, 12:56 am

Lena rolled her eyes and slouched in her chair, draping one leg over the arm of the other as the servants brought out a Caesar salad for everyone. Oh the irony.If it's any cancelation I didn't kill him on the 19 hour plane ride here. She said bored as she picked at her plate, not eating anything. Syn stabbed a few leaves of lettuce and ate them before flicking a crouton at his sister and hitting her square on the nose, causing her to flinch slightly. Lena gave an evil glare and sat up in her chair, already dividing her amo into sections.

Sarafin giggled at her children and ate normally as John rolled his eyes and looked back to the guest of honor."Well I am most pleased that you are in awe of our homeland and house I assume. I'll admit Blackthorn is a lot for one person to take in but it has been in my lovely wife's family for many generations and I would ate to see is wear away into nothing." He said lovingly as she smiled and blushed slightly." I do hope you will forgive my daughter. She isn't as well practiced as her mother." He said, completely ignoring the fact that Synsyter started the fight of dried bread in the first place.He started it!Lena shouted as a crouton Syn threw landed in her mouth and he raised his hands like a field goal in football. The daughter of Thantos ate it and laughed.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I hope you don't mind but we've named you the guest of honor at the ball tomorrow afternoon. We so rarely get new people her that our children know and it would be nice to acknowledge the other members of the world besides our small group." Sarafin said wit a slight laugh as the plates were taken away by the men in white gloves.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/19/2015, 1:28 am

Andrew stared down at his salad, grateful to have an excuse to be looking down finally. He'd felt utterly stupid, and like he didn't belong here. Lena had said something about not wanting to be an aristocrat back on the jet. It made him wonder if she ever felt nervous or uncomfortable around home. Her parents seemed so casual, but Andrew didn't take that at face value; they'd of course be accepting of their children. Andrew didn't feel the same comfort he should of, perhaps because he still felt Lena would tell her parents about the argument. Even her brother was making Andrew uncomfortable, and he had seen Synyster before at camp. He'd never been nervous or frightful around him or his dog; as a matter of fact, the opposite even applied.

Andrew silently prayed that the dimension would suddenly dissolve into white nothingness, so he could spend eternity painting sloppy alphabets or something. Sadly, looking up, the entire family was still there, and throwing croutons. Expertly, too. Andrew still didn't move nor react, he wondered how he was even supposed to react now. Formal. Casual. Definitely not himself, not right now. And then, Johnathan dropped the news that Andrew would be the guest of honor. Gods, in a world where Andrew didn't feel nervousness, he would have laughed and told Johnathan that the idea of him being the guest of honor at a ball was a worse than the idea of bowling balls in cans. Hell, it was almost as bad as a world without pink lemonade and coffee.

Of course, those weren't the words he said. "Of course, sir! It would be an honor!" Andrew said. His hand suddenly searched below him to his side, grateful to feel Netha still sitting beside him. It was definitely not proper dining ettiquite, but he was certainly willing to make the compromise to have Netha around. "I've never really learned proper ball etiquette. My mother and father sometimes go, but, I haven't ever really been to one..."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/19/2015, 1:40 am

First mistake, telling her parent's he's never been to a ball.

"You've never been!" Sarafin exclaimed with a smile on her face. "Well then we will get you up to speed on everything and this will be one to remember mind you." She laughed softly and lovingly. "Lena will teach you all there is to know to attend a Duchannes Ball, there really isn't much to it." She smiled again as the servants brought out a salmon dish with several greens and a few pieces of bread each.

Everyone dug in except Lena, who just glared at her food and drummed her fingers on the wooden table. She hated dinners at her house and hated the ball ones more. There was no place for her amongst her family and she knew it. Syn fit in well because he followed orders, not Lena.I'm going now. She announced, getting up and leaving before the servant could get her chair. She pushed the doors open with a loud smack and they shut with a bang, leaving everyone in there except herself and Stark.

"Poor girl. Hasn't been the same since she left for that camp of hers. I can say I am glad she dumped that roman though, he wasn't good for her in the long run of things. She should just be married off for her looks and do nothing all day. That's what Nathaniel's parents are doing and he is to wed one of the loveliest ladies our friends have." Johnathan said, talking about his step daughter as if she were no more than a piece of paper to be passed around. "She isn't good at anything even."

Synyster's grip on his silver wear tightened but he remained composed other than that. Sarafin didn't say a word but nodded as if in agreement. This was why Lena hated her family. John wanted her gone and out of his hair and finances as fast as he could manage.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/19/2015, 2:15 am

And to top off the discomfort cake, there was a nice layer of frosting, said frosting being Lena's reaction to being tasked with teaching Andrew about balls. Andrew thought about Abigail, his big sister, back in the States right now with the hunters of Aretmis. He imagined her sitting at the dinner table with their parents, and of course their rude little brother. She'd have stormed out at some point too. But, not because Lincoln was a bad man. Then again, maybe Johnathan wasn't either, but Andrew still couldn't believe what he was hearing. How could someone view one of their children in that way? Even still, at least some of it was flattering; he felt his step-daughter was beautiful at least. It wasn't until he said she couldn't do anything that Andrew's nerve finally struck, although he could tell he wasn't the only one at the table. Andrew opened his mouth to reply, but suddenly his phone began audibly vibrating.

He took a quick look. "I'm sorry, I left it on for emergencies. It's my dad, and I never called to let him know I got here safely. I really need to take this call." Andrew explained, quickly pushing his chair back, though servants were attempting to do it for him. As he turned away from the table, he stopped. He looked down at Netha, loyally by his side. He'd been nervous this whole time, worried he was going to screw it up. He gritted his teeth, as he hit decline on his phone where he stood. Darn it, the Andrew way wasn't about worrying about screwing things up, it was about running in willing to ruin everything. Him and Netha could totally make it outside in the wild if need be. Andrew turned back, all of the pent up anger finally getting an outlet rather than being converted to fear.

"Sir, you own a very lovely property in an even more lovely land." Andrew began, as he looked over towards Johnathan. "But I don't physically have it in me to stay silent while you say Lena cannot do anything. I'll have you know she takes care of those dogs of hers better than any vet ever could, and she plays that guitar of hers like she's been practicing for decades. And also, feel lucky, because she doesn't take anyone's crap like she did just now, she's much stronger than to let that happen outside of family affairs. Sorry to ruin your meal, I really did want to make a good impression, but I'll have you know she does one thing exquisitely that I've seen. Or heard, rather. I'll have you know she sings with the voice of an actual angel. And her depth of philosophy is so deep, I can't even understand it!"

He was so close to ending the rant without accidentally attacking himself too, before he turned around to follow the path Lena had taken. She was going to be furious with him. But he wasn't sorry for what he did.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/19/2015, 2:26 am

Lena wasn't far from the hall by the time she heard shouting. From her perch on a low alcove in a wall she heard someone yell something and then storm out much like her. When she peered down from her twenty ten foot perch she saw Andrew and the familiar Netha walking from the dining hall.What was it this time? Not good enough. I need to follow instruction. I'm not worth of the Duchannes title. She said bored as Stark lay below her on the ground and she began sharpening her scythe, one leg dangling over the edge of her perch.

Most people didn't know the extent of Lena's physical capabilities and this was by far the most shocking. Lena was as nimble and gymnastics oriented as ever and loved finding high places to hide in the shadows. This particular perch hid the top half of her body but still allowed the scythe blade to shine in the light of the afternoon that filtered in through the windows.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/19/2015, 10:09 am

Andrew felt good, really good, even if he'd just made a scene in front of the most important people he had ever met and would ultimately end up probably having to pay a metric ton of money to get Netha flown overseas. Whether it was the loss of his new found anxiety and nervousness or the act of finally being himself, he was happy. Of course, thinking about the future brought conflict. Lena wasn't going to be happy about what he did, and he certainly didn't leave a good impression on those who owned the castle and were hosting him, so he'd probably be sleeping on branches tonight. But still, a nice tree after firing off on Johnathan was words better than some fancy castle furnished room if it meant holding onto the nervousness. For the first time in New Zealand, he was smiling. Then, he suddenly heard Lena from above.

He looked up, one single brow raising as he spotted her legs. "Oh, hey." Andrew said slightly skeptically. "I didn't know you were part Batman. I'm jealous." Andrew said, leaning against a wall. He didn't really have time to waste telling her what had happened. "Your father was saying some hurtful stuff, and I didn't think I was going to say anything, but he said you weren't good at anything. And, I don't know, it just made me furious to hear because you're so good at plenty of stuff. Apparently climbing is one of them too." Andrew said, a sigh escaped his throat as he figured out how to tell her that he'd just yelled at her father that he'd known for about ten minutes who had welcomed him into his home.

"What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry for the jet. I understand why you don't like it here when you have someone treating you like that. If it makes anything up to you, you don't need to teach me about the ball. I kinda... yelled at your dad. And I know you really don't want me around anyway. Even if you did, I doubt your family would let me stay after that. So..." Andrew wasn't exactly sure what to say after that. "Do you know where my bag is? It has my passport in it. And other important stuff that I need."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/19/2015, 10:25 pm

Wait! Did he just go off on her father to protect her talents? WHAT THE WHAT?! Lena dismissed her scythe and hopped down from her perch to a small ledge, grabbing onto a flag pole and swinging a little before dropping in front of him with grace. She stood with her arms crossed in front of her and a confused look on her face. She looked him over once before shaking her head and breaking into an almost hysterical laughter.

I can say this safely Andrew, you are the only one who's ever done that for me before. She said laughing a genuine laugh that sounded almost like her singing. At the mention of him leaving she shook her head.There is no way in hell Im letting you leave. Johnathan can go step off as far as I'm concerned. I'm the host and I say you stay. Besides, the ball is tomorrow and I would really like it if you went with me. She said with a little blush on her pale cheeks as Stark got up and looked to Netha, giving a slight head bow. This was a sign of equality to him, he was going to treat her like the female alpha she deserved to be and the others would follow him no matter what.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 7/20/2015, 9:51 am

Andrew watched the daughter of death drop down with some tricks like it was no big deal. "You're gonna have to teach me how to do that at some point." Andrew declared. He wondered if she was exaggerating, he'd heard a lot about her brother being protective of her; surely he must have defended her at some point. He thought about how fast he'd defend Abigail if anyone ever started to say she couldn't do anything. The thought amused Andrew, someone trying to talk down to Abigail wouldn't end well; and not because of him either. She was the kind of person that could snap back comebacks without a single problem. And that was only when she didn't think it was smart to put her first in their jaw. He'd have to practice his Abby-responses later.

Netha simply sat and stared with her usual look, of calculation and knowing. One might think she wasn't actually a real animal, but one of those animal statues that used to be popular seven or eight years back. Or stuffed. The thought of a stuffed Netha made Andrew quite literally shutter for a moment. "Netha, it's rude to... not bow back." Andrew said, though the words didn't change a thing. Netha sat in place, judging and calculating who the dog in front of her was; if he was loyal, if he was a good leader, and most importantly, if he was a threat to her or Andrew.

"Well, okay then, I'm in." Andrew agreed without a second thought. "Time to be the guest of honor at a ball where seventy-five percent of the hosts feel uncomfortable around me." His tone was not upset though, he was more than happy to be back in his own mindset, and frankly, he was happy to not be looked brightly upon if it was for the right reason. "Any advice on that? And uh, also, what happens if your dad sneaks into my room tonight to kill me?" Andrew asked, though Netha quickly nudged his leg, in a gesture simply to remind him that she was there. "Oh, right, never-mind. I forgot I have a furry killing machine that sleeps next to me. So. What happens now? I'm assuming the tour is all done, considering I pissed off the guides."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cheshire Cat on 7/20/2015, 2:08 pm

John has too much riding on his name to kill you, plus that's not him. And as far as the ball goes, just speak formally and do what they do in the moves. It's basically the same thing. Lena shrugged as she moved to sit on a nearby railing. She was actually enjoying herself and she gave a soft smile as Stark gave a slight muzzle rub to Netha. She hoped he wouldn't bite her dog but she understood if Netha would. Stark then moved from Netha to sitting next to his much loved master.

So what do you want to do for the rest of today? She asked as she crossed one leg over the other and leaned back on the steps with her elbows propping her up still.
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next