A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Share | 

Nymph Limbs (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 2:46 am

Raven was half asleep.

Yes, she knew it was like, one in the afternoon, or earlier or later, because her watch was all out of whack. (She seriously needed a new one, but she was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to cheap and lazy to buy herself another one. What? Watch prices were steep, okay? Plus, she was totally broke.) But she had hardly gotten any sleep last night, so be easy on her, alright?

Her cat, Sabrina, had been a total jerk to her. At around one in the morning -the time she usually went to sleep- her cat, Sabrina, had tried to kill her. Or, at least, that's the way she would tell the story. The bratty little thing had decided to fall asleep on her face, making her unable to breathe. So Raven woke up and shoved her off of her face. This went on and on and on for, like, hours.

Then, around nine in the morning, a very tired (and sort of scared) Raven came to the conclusion that Sabrina was an evil alien from outer space disguised as at a adorable white kitten sent to murder her. So she shoved her out of the cabin (she hasn't seen her since but she isn't worried) and finally got a wink of sleep at around ten. It seemed like she hadn't got a second of sleep when it was time to eat lunch.

She pushed her glasses up her nose, and stumbled to the Mess Hall in a sleepy, tired, haze. She was much too tired to think about it, so she sat at a random table and started to nibble at her salad. Here's one thing you need to know about a sleep-deprived Raven: she couldn't think straight. So, her scrambled brain came to a horrible conclusion and she gasped. She jabbed the nearest person's shoulder. "Hey, so, like, al plants have nymphs, okay? So, when I eat salad, am I eating nymph limbs?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2015-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 2:57 am

Maria didn't really know anyone at camp, so she sat down at a random table. The girl next to her seemed really tired. The girl was eating a salad, ewww, while Maria pigged out on pizza. She was on her 4th slice and still chewing when the girl jabbed her shoulder and asked if salad was made out of nymph limbs. Maria thought about it for a few seconds and then responded, "oh my god. I'm not sure. I don't know if the nymphs actually are the pants, or if they just live in the plants, but if they are the plants, oh. My. God. I guess that's just another reason to eat unhealthy eh?" As soon as she said this though Maria looked down at her innocent looking pizza and realized with horror that pizza had tomato sauce. No food was safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 3:18 am

Oh no, oh no, oh no. This was really, really bad. She, Raven Amelia Toronto, was a murderer. And she thought Sabrina was bad! Maybe she shouldn't have asked the question, then no one would know what a bad person she was. Now, she was probably going to be hauled off to the slammer. I AM TOO YOUNG FOR JAIL! She thought frantically, clutching the sides of her head. Would they let her call her dad and Victoria? Dang it, why didn't she know her rights? "Oh my gods, either way I am a HORRIBLE person! I might have just ate someone- or a nymph might be homeless because of me!" She pushed her salad away from her. "Demeter forgive me," she muttered under her breath. "Ah. I mean, mommy. I guess."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 3:30 am

The girl started freaking out. Maria could tell it was because she hasn't had enough sleep last night. Still, Maria was creeped out. She knew that people thought vegetarians were more loving than people who just eat meat, but which is nicer? Hurting an animal or hurting a nymph? Either way she had to calm this girl down. "Shhhhh. What's your name? Did you get enough sleep last night? My name is Maria and I'm pretty sure you won't go to jail. And I'm sure that your mom eats too so she will of course forgive you. It's ironic though, people are always saying how vegetarians are nicer than other people, but is it nicer to hurt animals or nymphs?" Suddenly Maria's pizza seemed completely unappetizing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 3:51 am

Raven needed to calm down.

Yes, she knew that for a fact. And she knew she was acting like a total idiot, but she just couldn't help it. Once you got Raven fired up it was pretty hard to bring her back down. Her mind was filled with horrible thoughts of jail- did they even have meals that supported a vegetarian, okay, flexitarian (Raven loved animals but sometimes she just couldn't stay away. She loved her stomach too much for that) diet? Probably not! She took deep breaths out of her mouth. "I'm Raven." She told Maria. She stopped freaking out long enough to give her a disbelieving look. Was she the leader of the Justice System (or whatever they called it) or something. But she was trying to help, so Raven let it go. "No, I didn't get enough sleep last night. My evil alien cat tried to kill me." She paused, smacking her forehead. "That sounded better in my head. I promise, I'm not crazy."

She pushed her glasses farther up her nose. "I sure hope so. Do the gods even eat?" She paused, contemplating. "I'm actually a flexitarian. But that's a good question. Nymphs have thoughts, feelings, personalities... but I like to think animals have those, too. Most foods with meat in them have veggies or fruit in them too... cheeseburgers and lettuce, pizza and apples... I mean, tomatoes..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 4:08 am

Maria didn't think Raven was crazy. Maria had had moments way worse than what Raven was like. After hearing about her alien cat theory, Maria had a flashback of the time when she had started screaming at her turtle because he had logged on to her computer and rewrote her essay worse than Maria had written it, and that was why she got a C. Maria knew she didn't write that bad and her turtle was the only one who could have done it! Raven asked if the gods even eat and Maria thought this was actually an interesting question. "I don't really know if the gods eat. I always assumed they did because Mr. D eats, but then again, he is the god of partying, and what's a party without food?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 4:22 am

She ran her hand through her hair, thinking. It was a legitimate question. Did the gods have all the energy they needed to survive without eating? It seemed unlikely, but at the same time, very likely. She knew they were immortal (or, at least, was pretty sure they were. Not completely positive, though) Did Mr. D just like to eat, but didn't have to? Maria was right, there was no party without food, so obviously, the party god ate. That was just a commonly known fact. "But, maybe he just likes to eat food but doesn't have to. But the others- like Hecate or something, have no reason too. They're immortal, but maybe they have limits...?"

She paused, raising her eyebrow. "Speaking of gods, who's your parent?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/24/2015, 6:38 pm

Maria want sure about the gods food habits anymore. She thought that Raven's idea of just eating for pleasure made sense. "Maybe they all just eat the good tasting food for pleasure, but don't really have to. If I was a god I would always be eating. But don't the gods have their limits too? If they can defeat each other, even temporarily, they should have a something they consume as an energy source. Maybe ambrosia and nectar. My mom is Athena."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/25/2015, 9:12 pm

She nodded. "Yes, they can defeat each other, but they usually come back. And then- when they've reached their limit, they much need to eat something, like ambrosia and nectar." Gods, was she just repeating things now? She really needed to get some sleep... "But then again, they could just be like the CGs." Raven didn't really expect Maria to know what the CGs were. Raven was fourteen, but she mostly only watched cartoons that were probably aimed at younger people.

What? They usually had a lot of heart, and Steven Universe was no exception. Don't judge her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/25/2015, 9:58 pm

As Raven gave her opinions on the god eating habits matter, she mentioned something about CGs. Maria, confused, asked, "I should probably know this, but what are CGs? Camp Gods? Cooked Goods? Chocolate Ginger?" Wow. Maria. Now she was just sounding ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 1:04 am

Raven smiled lightly, rubbing her eyes with a loud, bear like yawn. She immediately pressed her fingertips to her lips, silencing herself. "No, it's fine," she said airily, pinching herself on the arm to keep herself awake when she noticed her head drooping. Her head quickly snapped back up. "I wouldn't expect anyone to know, anyway. All I watch on TV is Cartoon Network, and there's this one show, Steven Universe, about a dude named Steven who's mother, Rose Quartz, who gave up her life to have him, is an alien from this place called Homeworld, and they're gems, these humanoid people who get their energy from their gems and conjure weapons from their gems and can turn into things called Fusions with super-cool dance-numbers..." She trailed off, blushing. She sometimes got a little too excited about these sorts of things. "Anyway, CG is short for Crystal Gems, the name of the organization Rose founded to save earth 'cause the other gems were attacking it. The Crystal Gems, strictly speaking, don't have to eat or sleep, but they sometimes do it because they want to, because they get all the energy they need from their gems. But every once in a while they use too much power and have to retreat to their gems to regenerate -that's complicated, too- or eat and sleep. Which is how to gods could be like them."

She tapped her chin, thinking. "I'm just making this more confusing, right?" She asked. Raven had a habit of doing that, sometimes she talked so much she forgot about the topic and everyone else ended up baffled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 1:32 am

As Raven sleepily explained about a show she watches on cartoon network, Maria found it almost funny how much this would make sense when applied to the gods. "That all makes perfect sense. Ambrosia and nectar would be like the CG's gems, but the gods could still eat for fun." As Maria observed Raven fighting to stay awake, she asked, "Do you want some tea, coffee, or soda or anything?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 2:05 am

Everything was getting slightly muffled now, and Raven was pinching her arm so hard the area turned red. Normally, this would be a concern and she would stop immediately, but she was far too sleepy to care. Her head was going up and down so rapidly her neck was starting to hurt. She barely heard Maria's words. "Coffee... daddy doesn't... nice..." she muttered. Her head fell into her salad bowl. Thankfully, the cool ranch sent her back up. She grabbed for a napkin and wiped her face. "Coffee is good..." she said quickly. "I drink coffee for breakfast. That's a quote from the show, by the way. It's much more funny when taken in context to the episode."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 2:39 am

Ok. Raven needed sleep. She kept pinching her arm, and it was turning a little bit dangerously red. After her head feel into her salad, and she came back up with ranch all over her face, Maria began to wonder how many hours of sleep Raven actually did get last night. A good nap would do wonders, but for now Maria just made one of the magic mess hall cups fill up with coffee and handed it to Raven. "Here. If you want you can drink this. I bet it was really funny in the episode. What happened? Also, just out of curiosity, how many hours of sleep did you get last night. Or this morning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 3:08 am

"Thanks." Raven held the coffee cup in her hand. She stared at the dark colored good smelling stuff for a while, then tilted her head back and gulped it all down, then put it back on the table. Raven normally didn't like coffee- it tasted bitter to her and burned her taste buds, but she had to admit when you were sleepy it did the trick. Caffeine jolted through her veins, making her slightly more awake, but not much, and she went back to wiping ranch off of her face. "So, Lars -he's a minor human character who works at Steven's favorite store, the Big Doughnut- spills a bunch of coffee on a Gem named Garnet and he asked if she was okay and she said 'I drink coffee for breakfast.'" She chuckled lightly, stretching her arms wide. "I dunno." She frowned, thinking. "One? No, two. Maybe three. No more than that, though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 5:44 pm

As Raven chugged down the coffee and began to explain the episode, Maria could already see the caffeine kicking in. Although she still looked tired, Maria had to admit she looked pretty well for someone who only got, at maximum, 3 hours of sleep. Maria usually got about 6 or 7 hours of sleep, with the occasional all nighters. "That sounds like it was pretty funny. Where is your alien cat now? Do you think that she, or he? Is missing because they are reporting to the Alien planet about your failed murder?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 6:21 pm

Raven thought about where, exactly, Sabrina could be. Had she managed to get out of camp? She wasn't at the lake or beach, that was for sure, because she absolutely hated water. Oh gosh! She could have hopped on the next cabin and tried to murder other demigods! She nodded. "Sabrina's a girl- she's probably gotten on her mother ship by now!" Raven contemplated ducking under the table, ultimately decided against it. "And is plotting my murder now... and she might be trying to kill everyone else! Evil alien kittens are trying to take over the world!"

She took a fugitive look around. "She might be disguised... everyone is a suspect..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 6:30 pm

Maria didn't know if it was necessarily reasonable, but if her cat really was going to kill people, that would be some bad stuff. "If she was an alien, would she be able to turn into anything, or just a cat? Do you know anywhere she might go when she's not with you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/26/2015, 7:22 pm

Raven really did need some sleep. Was she really having a conversation about her evil alien cat and actually believing it? Yes. Wow. She shook these thoughts out of her head and shrugged. "I just thought aliens could turn into people- y'know, pod people. But maybe Sabrina's possesed and a evil ghost has taken over her kitten body."

"Sabby doesn't go pretty much anywhere without me. She sometimes wanders into the Hera Cabin, or takes a nap on Half-Blood Hill."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/27/2015, 1:46 am

Maria honestly didn't believe Raven's cat was an alien, but Raven looked so tired and do convinced that she didn't say anything. She tried to make it look as convincing as possible that she truly believe the cat was a possessed alien or whatever. She was pretty sure that after she found her cat and got some rest she would figure out what really happened. But for now, Maria just responded, "That actually makes sense! If she was possessed by who knows what, they could easily murder almost anyone at camp. We have to find your cat! Did you check the Hera cabin and half blood hill?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Bird
Fire Bird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/28/2015, 2:28 am

Raven yawned, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah!" She murmured, reaching into her salad bowl and pulling out a tomato. Forget nymph limbs, she was absolutely ravenous. She plopped four into her mouth and then stumbled out of her chair, brushing her skirt off. "I-I'll go check Half-Blood Hill."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mariaaaaaaaaa
Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   8/29/2015, 1:05 am

As Maria watched Raven leave, she waved goodbye and said, "Bye. Nice talking to you. Good luck finding your evil possessed alien cat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nymph Limbs (open)   

Back to top Go down

Nymph Limbs (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Mess Hall-