Stay With Me

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stay With Me

Post by Metilinos on 10/24/2015, 7:22 pm

Hearing Dominika specify "yet" when she said she wasn't dead broke Dimitri's heart even further. He knew that one day she would die of old age, if nothing else took her. He truly hoped that it would be after he died; he just didn't have it in him to watch the daughter of Jupiter go. Just the mental image was enough to literally shake the demigod. One of Dimitri's arms let go of its grasp on Dominika, and made contact with what was left of her right leg. To this day there was still a ring of guilt he held. If he'd been just one more step quicker he could have stopped Truman and had more time to stop the monster from attacking Dominika. "I'm so sorry. I should've been there to stop this." Dimitri said, through his sobs, referring to her leg. He'd have given up anything to have another chance at that night. All it took was one moment, and his fate was sealed, that he would lose his world.

Dimitri was still crying, but his violent sobs and chokes were finally dying down. With his arm that wasn't on Dominika's leg, he was still holding onto her. He tried his best to focus on breathing, though sniffles were still breaking through. "Thank you for coming." Dimitri finally said. He had a sense of calmness, though it was very shaky. He was working hard to make sure he managed to keep what was left of the meltdown contained. "I missed you."
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/24/2015, 7:58 pm

Dominika gave Dimitri a sympathetic smile as he mentioned that he should have been there sooner in attempts to stop the fact that her leg had been mostly amputated. She could feel his hand on what was left of her right leg. It was a bit weird to still think that her leg was gone. "It's okay, at least you found me, I didn't think anyone would." Dominika admitted as her smile slipped off her face.

"You can't blame yourself for it, I should have paid attention on the beast in front of me, instead of helping others. I was being cocky, and in result of that, I got beat up a bit." She said with a small shrug. To act like that night didn't bother her was harder than she thought it would. That was what she had to do, there was no use crippling and falling down in front of someone who needed it more. The daughter of Jupiter had plenty of time to go over it in her head herself. In reality if she was anywhere near a forest or trees, she was still jumpy, or even when it was dark out. Most of her sleep was disturbed by nightmares of the night, but compared to what Dimitri had to endure she didn't feel like her nightmares would compare to what he had.

"I missed you too. I have some friends at camp but I can't talk to them like I do you." She said softly.
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/24/2015, 9:06 pm

"I understand." Dimitri said, a broad statement that related to everything she had said. "I rarely get scared anymore. I guess it's probably because I have less to lose than 'fore. But I remember when I found you. In that moment I didn't hate the monsters, the gods, or even Truman. I didn't have any hate in me. Just fear. I thought you'd be just... gone." Dimitri stopped speaking again, a rogue sniffle was dangerously close to pushing him back over the edge once more. He kept himself contained, though he owed that the Dominika's contact with him. If she'd went up to the surface, he'd have been crying to a fault.

"I understand too. About your friends. I thought I was close with 'lotta people. But then, I got back here and I just couldn't handle lookin' at them anymore. Alex. Arian. Andrew. Evander." Dimitri listed off the names of various people he'd come to know in camp. None of them knew what he was facing at present day, however. He'd simply avoided all of them as best he could; he couldn't bring himself to face them again. "But then you were here. I don't have to hide from you. I guess what I'm tryin' to say is that I'm glad you came."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/25/2015, 1:39 pm

Listening to what the boy had to say, Nika had eventually lowered her arm back down to wrap around him. She shifted her head to lean on his chest, as it seemed she was now hugging the demigod. There was so much safety and security with Dimitri that most of her worries slipped out of her mind. "I felt gone, to be honest." Nika said in response to the words he said. "I was really close to finding peace with the fact death had come for me, but seeing you and how much you cared, and wanted me alive, I knew I wasn't ready to die."

Dominika could hear his heart beating, and the sound was quite comforting. Just the fact that she had grown so close with an individual was beyond weird to her, but she didn't regret it. Not everyone was evil and corrupt, with bad intentions. Dimitri really did show her that and that made her heart swell up with emotions and a few tears came out, but not ones of sadness. They were more of relief and happiness. "I'm glad I came too." She whispered quietly while her voice faltered a bit, as she tried not to make it obvious that she was crying.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/25/2015, 7:37 pm

Dimitri returned the gesture, resting his chin on the top of her head. It was still so peculiar to see her hair actually down for once, though in the water, although they remained dry, the hair still floated around as though it was wet. The idea of it was odd; Dominika was always so ready for anything to happen. Dimitri was still thoroughly shaken and torn, but to notice this little detail soothed him in some slight aspect. He gently kissed the daughter of Jupiter on the top of the head, though he wasn't sure why. He didn't question it in the moment, though his mind was much too clouded. He didn't feel it was unnatural in his own head.

"They wanted to take my arm." Dimitri confessed finally. The weight of his hand on her leg suddenly felt heavy. "Dakota. She said that the chance of infection was massive, undeniable even." The demigod hadn't been rolling his sleeves up for some time now, a thing that had previously been a normal part of his life. The scars on his arm were very fresh still, and plentiful in size and number. "She said that amputation was the only way to make it. But I told her no. Yet, here I am. I guess the fates just ain't done with me yet..."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/25/2015, 7:56 pm

She felt pressure on her head from Dimitri resting his chin there. It was different to be in such an embrace, only time she had really felt something similar was when her grandmother would hug her but those days were long and gone. Nika really did miss her grandmother sometimes, and often wondered if her grandmother was proud of her. Her grandmothers warm smile and the smell of her house was always soothing. If Nika had to pick anywhere to feel like home she would have picked her grandmother's house but that was no longer an option. She was brought back by feeling the son of Cymopoleia press his lips against her forehead. Not something she had expected. When she was with Dimitri that was when she felt the most at home, not quite home like her grandmother's but it was home to her.

Dominika listened to him, as he mentioned his arm. How Dakota suggested it. A somber look came across her face as she realized how bad he made it sound. If he did have to get it amputated, Nika wanted to be there for sure. He was there, when she lost most of her leg, it would be the least she could do. Nika put her hand on his sleeve and was tempted to push it back but she felt she should ask. "Is it okay if I look?" She asked softly and kept her hand there until he gave an answer. "Does it hurt?"
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/25/2015, 8:18 pm

"I'm not going to get it removed." Dimitri said, in a firm voice. He wasn't sure where it came from, but it was there. "If the fates want me alive, they're just gonna have to let me take my arm with me then." Dimitri said, somewhat sharply, though it didn't take long for him to warm up again. "It's just hard. You know. I'm alive, but, I don't really know that I wanna be. I'm only here because I know some people would miss me. And for you too. But still, it ain't easy. It's taxin, you know?" Dimitri asked, he was hopeful that if anyone in the world could understand, it would be Dominika.

"You can look. Just roll the sleeve up." Dimitri said, gently. "It just ain't gonna look so good. It doesn't hurt too much, but, I can hardly feel it at all anyway, so..." Dimitri wasn't sure how he could answer honestly without causing worry, so he didn't even make the attempt to downplay the reality of the situation. "Please don't worry too much about it. It gets better severely every day." Dimitri promised, though he was already prepared for her reaction at the sight of the arm. It was a treat for hungry monster rabbits not long ago.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/25/2015, 8:46 pm

"Dimitri, I didn't say you had to." She said quietly in reference to him saying he wasn't having his armed removed. Sometimes she wondered if he truly was more stubborn than her. "I just don't want to lose you due to your arm." It was a good enough concern in her eyes. He had already began to mean so much to her. If she lost him, she'd be devastated and lost. It'd be so difficult to live knowing someone you valued so highly was gone. When he mentioned not knowing what he wanted to be she nodded. "I don't have a clue what I'm doing half the time. I just know I have other people to live for, but I don't have much reason to live just for myself. I just assume sooner or later everything will fall into place, I suppose."

When he confirmed she could look, he had said it so gently it made Nika feel a bit happy. She heard his little warning and she gave a small nod of acknowledgement. Then as gently as she could she pushed his sleeve up. It was fairly close to how he had said, and a small pang hit her in the chest. To see his wounds emotionally pained her to look at, and she had felt empathy for him. "Oh, Dimitri." She said softly shaking her head ever so slightly.

It was horrifying but at the same time she remained calm. He didn't want her to worry. "I wish I was able to take any pain you had away." She said in a saddened tone, she didn't have any healing ability, her powers were meant to deconstruct not construct. Often times she wondered if she was more of a monster than anything else.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/25/2015, 11:37 pm

Dimitri nodded when she talked about not knowing what she was doing. Dimitri could relate to that, especially now more than ever. He couldn't begin to justify his behavior, he couldn't even figure out why he'd been acting the way he had. His mind had reacted, and this had been who he was ever since. He wasn't sure things were ever going to work out for him. He was a pawn in a game of chess played by people who saw what he couldn't.

"Dominika. You do make my pain go away." Dimitri said, after his eyes ever so slightly narrowed. He almost couldn't believe the daughter of Jupiter didn't already understand how much their connection meant to him. But for the first time since he could remember, a real smile cracked on his face at the thought. "Don't ever make a wish like that. 'Cause it's a waste of a wish when it was already granted 'long time ago." Dimitri whispered. His hand that was around her back came forward, and cupped her cheek. In the moment, they had been so close bonded together that he didn't even think twice about it. She was already looking up at him when he leaned his head down. His eyes closed, and in moments his lips would brush hers.

But just before then, his eyes busted back open, in a moment of utter shock and confusion.

Dimitri immediately willed his grip on the water, pulling the pair back to the surface and using the water to elevate them back onto the dock. Dimitri was clearly distressed, but the pair arrived on the wooden dock without a drop of water on them. He pulled Dominika up to stand with him, making sure she was okay. "I'm sorry. I should go." Dimitri let out, in a hasty voice, desperate to now run. He turned away, taking his pace at a fast walk. He couldn't bring himself to actually run for the girl he cared for so deeply.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/26/2015, 3:09 am

Dominika had been looking down at his arm, and she wanted to so desperately take away his pain. Seeing his mangled up arm made her want to just be able to fix it for him, but she couldn't do anything medical to save her life.  Although, Dimitri disagreed with her, and that had actually meant a lot to the daughter of Jupiter. She has a small smile on her face and soon she felt his hand move from her back to her cheek. That shocked her and she looked up at Dimitri by this time.

He had leaned in, and closed his eyes. Just as she had closed her eyes and was going to lean in as well. His forehead had pressed against hers again and their lips almost touched but nothing happened and her eyes opened. She saw his and he seemed startled, and she was confused. Before she could do anything they were back on the dock and he was freaking out and she was even more confused. When he said he should go he turned around and started to try and walk away. Nika felt hurt and rejection in this moment. Did he just realize it was her and not that hunter girl? Did he want her? Did he even know? Nika hadn't felt this way before. It was different her heart sank and she hugged herself.

Did the daughter of Jupiter fall for the Greek boy? Was this what she felt? Nika was horribly confused and there wasn't much she could do but watch him go. "But, Dimitri..." She called out, a pained look on her face. There was no way she could be certain that he had heard her. Dominika was too stunned to go after the boy, but her lower lip began to quiver, and she just turned around as the few tears dropped from her face and off her chin. Dominika didn't know what to do or where to go. Looking at the lake was painful, and other places scared her or had people. In some way this felt worse than her mother's rejection to her claims of her step father. It hurt significantly more to feel the rejection from someone you cared about. Dominika sank to a sitting position and hugged her knees to her chest. Well her knee that was and she rested her forehead on her knee. She wasn't thirteen, and she only had one leg running wasn't an option. So all she could do was feel the heaviness in her chest as the tears still streamed down. "Stay with me, please." she choked out in a quiet voice hoping he didn't hear.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/26/2015, 5:46 pm

Dimitri was nothing more than a wooden log that was trying to learn to live in fire. Dominika was the water, that could put out the fire around him. But his raw emotions clashed with the thought of trying to live the way he did before. There was no reason to have firewood around if it had already caught fire; after that it was meant to burn into nothing but ash. The metaphor was burned to deep into his mind, he wondered what Dominika would think of him once the steam settled and he was nothing but ash. A part of him that he'd forgotten existed had begun to rise once more; the part that still believed in all of the good nature he was taught growing up. While the other part of him still trusted that the world was wicked and dark, and that people and demigods alike needed to be ready.

They had to be.

He heard Dominika's voice. His fear, anger, pain, numbness, and regret had all finally boiled into one. He was unable to handle to the heat of the raw emotions striking him. And in the moment, he crashed to his knees on the wooden boardwalk, not far from soil now. From his knees, he fell further, hardly catching himself with his hands. His ears began to ring, though he could still consciously hear everything around him. Why had he done something so foolish and attempt to kiss the graceful daughter of Jupiter? He questioned all he had knew and all he had done. Did he ever truly know anything in life? Or was being a demigod meant to burn at his soul, tearing away each layer of a beautiful veil until a core revealed itself. This one in particular, a disgusting one.

He couldn't speak. He couldn't move. He was in a lock with himself, trying to come to terms with what he was and what he had done. There had to be answers, there just had to be. But one thing had drilled into his mind throughout all of this, to which he couldn't attempt to deny.

There would never be peace so long as he remained.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/26/2015, 9:46 pm

Nothing felt worse than feeling hollow inside and having the feeling of emptiness surge around her. The person she cared so deeply for, had freaked out last minute. His actions had felt like the worst rejection she has ever felt. Never has she felt the pressure on her heart, and the more she felt it the more her body wracked with uncontrollable sobs. What did this mean? When she said she loved him, did she mean it romantically?

Before she could just have herself be fully engulfed into her surroundings, she felt the dock vibrate a bit. Wiping her tears a bit she looked over her shoulder and brushed her hair out of her face and she noticed it was Dimitri. Was he okay? Dominika was so stuck in her spot and her heart still felt heavy and clenched to move. Mentally she would have shoved her feelings down and gone to him, but she felt so broken. "Dimitri, are you okay." She called out shakily unsure on what to do.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/27/2015, 12:33 am

Dimitri was caught in nothing short off an abundances of true and false revelations, the sensation a hell-like feeling that he could only trace back to one other time in his life; when he lost his parents. Dominika called out to him, and in that moment, he didn't know what to do. A long trace of silence went by before he could bring himself to speak.

"Yes." Dimitri replied, his voice shaking and faltering. Just hearing it in his own ears made him cringe. His voice didn't sound anything like usual. It was cold and disturbed. Dimitri tried to pull himself up, but it just wasn't going to happen. He was physically able, but he felt as though he was on fire.

"...No." He said, his voice turning into one that had given up. A hopeless tone now filled his lungs. "No, I'm not okay. I'm screwin' everythin' up. And I was... I was gonna..." Dimitri recalled the emotions he felt so long ago when Katarina had kissed him. It was the first time in a long time he'd even thought about it. All the feelings he'd had at the time were bitter to him, and he worried that he would pass those onto Dominika. He craved the closeness and connection he'd felt with Dominika. He felt a deep pull to her. There was nothing more that he wanted in the world than to be embraced with her again.

But in a moment of impulse, he'd taken it too far and ruined it.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/27/2015, 1:19 am

Dominika, wasn't sure if he was going to answer her, he seemed just as broken as she felt and most likely looked. She took shaky breaths in and let them out as they would waver. Soon the words came out. He said yes to being fine, but he sounded no where near being fine. He was lying to her now? It was more pain being struck against her, but she sat there in silence until at last he said no.

It was like she had been holding breath because she let it out in relief. Although hearing he wasn't okay made her feel bad for him. He said he was screwing everything up and that he was going to do something but he didn't finish his sentence. Nika was fairly certain she knew what he meant but she had to get the courage and force the words out and hope she wasn't wrong. She hugged her own body again and then exhaled and replied. "I didn't think you were screwing anything up until you started to walk away...." She said to him softly but still audible for him.

"You were going to kiss me." Nika said just forcing the words out and they were strung together as a statement and not a question.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/27/2015, 1:32 am

Dimitri sat up, though he still wasn't riddled with any hope. He felt numb. But he managed to get himself into an at least upright position before he continued his struggle.

"There's a lotta things that just... go through my mind. And I thought 'bout him." Dimitri hated bringing up her step-father; he had no right to do so. But he was a vile man. "I was gonna kiss you." Dimitri confirmed, himself now in a similar position to Dominika, though his arms weren't physically hugging his own body. "But I couldn't. Not with everythin' you've been through. No, you deserve someone better. More kind. More strong. More... stable." He was still hopeless in his tone, his image of himself was so far away from what it was once, long ago.

"I do love you though. I did mean that." Dimitri insisted. He couldn't bring himself to stand another step, and so he got on his knees and crawled. He crawled beside her and sat next to her. "I love you in a way that I can't explain. I just want to make you feel happy. To keep you safe. But I don't know how."
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/27/2015, 2:06 am

Dominika could still feel her body shake a bit, despite the fact that the sobbing was momentarily gone. Dimitri wasn't gone yet and he hadn't displayed that he didn't want anything to do with her, really it seemed to be going in quite the opposite way. She sniffled a bit as she just listened to him speak. Soon when it came to him mentioning that he couldn't have kissed her because of everything she had been through, and that she deserved somone better, more kind, more strong, and more stable. Her head began to shake back and forth as tears pooled in her eyes once more.

"You're such an idiot Dimitri, you're so stupid." She said a little frustrated and her tears rolled down her cheeks. Her hands were curled up into fists. How could he be so dumb, but yet smart at the same time. She took a breath in before she continued. "Dimitri, when I realized, you were about to kiss me, I was just about to lean in when you freaked out. Also, how could you say such things about yourself? That's not fair for you to say." Nika said saying the last part softly.

When he finally sat beside her, she looked over at him. She hated to cry and she hated to show anyone that she had been crying. "Dimitri, the amount I care for you, and the amount I want you in my life, is so significant. I love you, as well, and I too can not explain exactly how I feel, because I've never felt this way about anyone, but when you walked away on me, I knew in those moments, that was a pain I had never felt before. What I'm trying to say is, I don't care, about what might stop you, because I see you as the most kind and strong individual, your dedication is beyond compare, and to even meet someone like you, would take a life time to do. I want to make you happy, and I want to see you happy. I know you aren't that stable but I want to help you. I want to help you so bad, and I want to be there to take the pain away, Dimitri. Don't you see how much you matter to me?" She asked still looking at him and a few stray tears dropped from her eyes.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metilinos on 10/27/2015, 5:04 pm

Dimitri sat in position. He layed his head into position to look down at the boardwalk underneath them. He listened to her words, the fire that was burning in him was finally losing its blaze. And while the embers would remain, always threatening to light the fire once more, he could see straight for the moment. His expression changed multiple times, but when she started pouring her feelings out he faced her, his expression ever so slightly picked up again. "You're right. I am an idiot." Dimitri finally said. There wasn't much to read from his voice or expression.

He leaned in, he couldn't stop himself any longer. He desired the love and the companionship. He couldn't be apart from the daughter of Jupiter any longer. Her title no longer mattered, she would never be the feared daughter of the god of gods to him, but instead the only one he could rest easy with. His leaned in, his hand rested on the back of her head, and his other cupped her cheek once more. He gave up attempting to resist the companionship of her, and leaned in. Dimitri finally kissed Dominika.

"Does this make me your idiot at least?" He asked, a dumb smile on his face.
Metilinos

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 10/27/2015, 6:58 pm

It was a strange feeling, to have said so much about feelings but it also gave the girl a sense of relief. Dominika could feel her heart beat and the thud against her chest, as she waited for him to respond. Has she gone too far? Either way she laid everything out on the table in front of him, and it was his option whether or not to push it all aside or to collect it and keep it for his own. The words he did come up with however, weren't ones that she had expected. He agreed with her that he was an idiot, and she sighed. She was about to tell him, how he wasn't one and how he was one, but she was stopped.

His hand resting on the back of her head and the other one cupping her cheek, had been a sudden movement that she hadn't expected. This felt like last time, and she was just hoping this time he wasn't going to back out, because she wouldn't know what she would do if she felt the rejection yet again. Seeing him lean in, on instinct she closed her eyes and soon he had kissed her. After the kiss she retracted a little, and heard him ask if this had made him her idiot.

Dominika laughed a bit smiling, as he had his dumb smile on his face. "Yes, it makes you my idiot."
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top