Don't Judge a Book by It's Content Too Often

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't Judge a Book by It's Content Too Often

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/27/2015, 9:56 am

Aiden enjoyed a stroll by the lake. Today, he outfitted himself with dark blue jeans, a dark t-shirt under a hoodie, and he had his Beats earphones to his head. The Power of Love played in his ears, and he constantly glanced out into the lake, as he landed on the grass. His Nike shoes were brand new, so he didn't want it dirty on his first day wearing it.

A gentle breeze rustled in his ears as he dropped the earphone which dangled on his neck. He pulled the hood over his head, his knees to his chest as he thought about how peaceful it was. Occasionally campers were visible doing their own stuff by the lake, but it wasn't his problem. He looked like an emo, until someone take the hoodie off. He wasn't going to allow it to happen. The hoodie taking off thing.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male
Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2015-10-06

View user profile http://bit.ly/1Rt3IhG

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't Judge a Book by It's Content Too Often

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/27/2015, 11:03 am

The drone circled the tree, dropped down then flew an inch above the grass, without any sound. Then it spun upwards like a helicopter and flew straight ahead, almost into the face of a guy strolling on the edge of the lake. Fortunately she managed to fix its trajectory so it instead shot away above his head, the wind knocking the hood straight off -- oops. Extending her hand, she caught the drone and looked at the guy.

"My bad. You okay?"

She was dressed in a pair of wide camo shorts and a white tank top, both stained with grease and motor oil. Her flip flops showed huge asymmetric feet with big square toes. Her copper coloured skin, covered in bruises, scars and blisters, shone up in the sun. Her greasy, lackluster hair held back by a U S army bNdanna, she looked over at the guy, hoping he wasn't too mad. He looked kind of emo. Maybe he'd curse her? Right. As if her half-burned face needed cursing.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15715
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/27/2015, 11:21 am

Aiden was annoyed when the hood was blown off. He was irritated, but he was sympathetic anyway. "Yeah I'm fine." he snapped with his (fake) British accent. "Just be caref-"

His voice trailed off when he turned around to face the demigod. She was, in basic description, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The smell of greasy motor oil went up his nose. He gawked at her, before managing a reply. "Don't call me stereotypical. Anyways, I'm Aiden, Aphrodite. And you must be a Hephaestus demigod." he remarked.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/27/2015, 11:55 am

"What tipped you off, the drone or the looks," Sawyer grinned, showing nice white teeth. They were the only thing in her appearance she liked, the one thing that wasn't ugly or bruised.

He on the other hand was indeed Aphrodite. Shiny hair, model looks, perfect eyes. He was smaller and thinner than her (on the other hand, with her 6ft8", chunky abs and bodybuilder shoulders, the Latino girl looked more like Dwayne Johnson on oestrogens) but he looked about her age, maybe a little more.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/27/2015, 12:04 pm

"Aside from the fact that you look like Quasimodo, no offense, then it's because of the drone." he admitted, standing up. She was immensely huge, taller than he was, with The Rock muscle levels. "Still, you didn't tell me your name." he asked again.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/27/2015, 12:24 pm

"Sawyer," she said with a smile. "Though you can call me Quasi for short." The sarcasm was barely audible, but on the other hand, Sawyer knew how to react with humour. It wasn't the first time someone called her Quasimodo anyway.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/28/2015, 12:23 am

"Right right right right, Quasimod- Sawyer." he began, but abruptly stopped himself before he finished Quasimodo "What brings you to the lake? I mean, it's quiet here today." he regarded, while his eyes dashed to observe. True, the lake was unusually quiet today. Almost no one was in sight, save for two of them who were sitting cross legged on the grass doing whatever their business were. "Hold on, before you answer, lemme guess: you need a playground for the drone. Correct?"
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 6:01 am

She spread her bulky arms. "You're takin' the words right outta my mouth, mate. I finished this little baby just this morning, had to take it out for a test drive."

In her hand, the drone had taken the shape and colour of a dragonfly, but she knew it could also turn into a bird or go stealthmode, whatever she needed.

"Can't go full out training though. There are a couple special features I installed that could do some damage."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/28/2015, 8:43 am

"I see." he remarked with great interests. "What other functions can this thing do?" he raised an eyebrow, looking down at the newly reformed drone. "Dragonfly. Not a popular animal, a bird would be preferrable for flight mode, unless the function is to glide, I guess. For the glide, if it is designed for glide, then maybe add a little thruster, increasing the velocity, although too much velocity might not be swell. And I guess if it goes over a few hundred feet then best you fortify it with something much more solid to fight the atmosphere pressure." Aiden suddenly spilled out a long speech about what enhancements he thought required for the drone. It was unlike what a child of Aphrodite would do. "Sorry, sometimes I go tech geek and recall random science knowledges and stuff." he said, blushing a bit.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 9:10 am

"Nah dude, it's all good." Sawyer had a deep, throaty chuckle but she had to say she was impressed. It's not every day a Barbie doll from cabin ten talked about thrusters and atmospheric pressure. "This thing has three modes, dragonfly, bird and full stealth. I use the dragonfly mainly to get first impressions of a location -- you see, there are 30,000 individual camera facets wrapped around its head, like a helmet. Perfect vision. No blindspot. All the images are sent to me-" she wriggled her remote, which was practically an expanded Xbox remote completed with screens and three interfaces "- and are recorded. HD, of course. The wings are powered by electromagnetics -- no sound, absolute silence. Ideal for scouting and field recognition."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/28/2015, 9:20 am

"Mass production would be beneficial. Specifically for a military operation. The stealth mode, I guess it is colored black? Since you know, it would blend perfectly in the darkness. And maybe it flies high as well? Avoid any close range sonar sensors. And cloaking? It is essential." he commented.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 9:36 am

"It actually doesn't have a colour. Remember the 30,000 cameras? They're programmed to rearrange themselves in stealth mode to capture images of the surroundings and transfer them to the carbon fiber cells. It becomes basically invisible. Demo." She flicked a button on the remote and the drone started changing in her hand, becoming slightly bulkier, armoured, then glassy, until it adopted the texture and colour of Sawyer's rough and bruised palm.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/28/2015, 9:44 am

"Nice." he curled his lips into a smile. The drone started to adapt to the color of Sawyer's palm until it became invisible, almost invisible like a camellion. "Does it have the function to adapt to the viewing angle of whoever that were looking at it? What if they see it from a 90 degrees corner whilst another see it in a different angle and sees it conspicuous?" he asked.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 9:52 am

"There are 30,000 cameras," Sawyer grinned. "That's 30,000 view points. The range is more than good. Try moving around, looking at the angles, its undetectable." The brawny Latino wasn't one to talk much but when it was about mechanics, engineering, computers or A.I., she could go all night. Then she scratched her head, right under the bandanna."I don't intend to sell my inventions. I ain't in this for the money."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/28/2015, 10:09 am

"Okie doke." he shrugged. "I'm not an avarice either. And yeah, perhaps it will become useful in quests. Just maybe." Aiden thought about how beneficial it would be if this thing was deployed in a quest, sneaking on the enemy. "Sometimes, a book can only be judged by the content. And you have great content." he complimented.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2015, 1:57 pm

"Oh yeah, it should be great for quests once I tinker with it a little. The flamethrower almost set my couch on fire the other day." When he complimented her, she rose one of her bushy eyebrows. "Thanks, man. What about you, are you an engineer too or just a tech enthusiast?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/29/2015, 12:26 am

"I don't plan on becoming an engineer in the near future. My guess, tech enthusiast." he shrugged, changing to another subject. "So, Hephaestus kids like you, spend 99% of your time inventing stuff? Don't you guys do anything for entertainment, or inventing is considered a hobby already?" he asked, although he was sure his second statement was correct.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/29/2015, 12:33 am

"To be truthful, I don't have the means to invent much at home," Sawyer confessed, "so when I'm here and got a bit of free time between lessons, you bet I'm gonna work on my projects like mad. But that doesn't mean I never chill. Fallout 4 just came out," she added with a wink, flicking the button again to turn her drone visible.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/29/2015, 12:40 am

"You play Fallout? Nice. I played the 3, recently played the 4. But I prefer that we don't discuss Fallout. I'm not really into video games at the moment." Aiden advertly changed their subject. "Right right, how long've you been here? Camp, I mean."
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/29/2015, 12:46 am

She thoughtfully squinted at the sky. "Five summers? This is my sixth one. What about you?" she asked, glancing at his neck in search of the signature beaded necklace.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/29/2015, 12:47 am

"Two years. Year rounder right here. Got kicked out of home since 16, then lived on the streets for basically 10 months 8 days. Or something, don't really remember." he shrugged. "Six summers? Wow, that's hella long."
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/29/2015, 6:05 am

Sawyer didn't comment on his street life. After all, that was the routine story here. Problem child, kicked out of homes, sent to disciplinary schools, street survival, etc. Even she had had to participate in a wilderness program after winding up at the police station too many times. Not that it was her fault -- she wasn't really responsible for getting attacked by mythical monsters mortals couldn't see. But she had been labelled as delinquent anyway.

"Where you from?" She asked.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/29/2015, 6:10 am

"Right here on sweet old America. You British?" he asked her. 'Bloody', 'mate'. Why not? Aiden's been practicing a fake British voice recently anyway.
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/29/2015, 8:34 am

"British? Hell no, I'm from Texas," she said, "thought my accent had betrayed me already. My family's Brazilian but I live in Corpus-Christi. Whereabouts you from in the States?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Sanchez on 12/29/2015, 9:48 am

"Manhattan. Random silly question though: if Hephaestus and Aphrodite are married, then wouldn't that make Hephaestus kids and Aphrodite ones siblings-in-law?" he asked. "Gods are just so complicated."
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next