Adventure is out there! (flashforward, private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adventure is out there! (flashforward, private)

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/25/2016, 7:08 am

The morning was warm and sunny, typical of early September. The road at the bottom of Half-Blood hill was snaking away between the hills and fields, no cars in sight.
Her legs dangling down, Lee was toying with her beaded necklace, her eyes staring at the horizon. This gnarled tree next to Thalia's pine had become her favourite spot over the last few months, she'd come here at least once every day and take a good hard look at the landscape.
Today in a week, she'd turn seventeen. The number scared her. Seventeen! That was almost an adult. When she looked in the slightly cracked mirror of the Hermes cabin, she didn't want to see an adult, she wanted to see herself -- messy pixie cut, crooked grin, snapbacks and crop tops. She had lost the lankiness of her early teenhood to become more toned -- lean muscles, a set of flat abs, she looked more like a runner or a biathlete than the grasshopper she had been up till now.
Holding her spear, she sighed and closed her eyes, opening them only when a warm, scaly muzzle nudged her elbow.

"Oh hey bro," she said and gently scratched Peleus' chin. The dragon purred like a locomotive and flicked his tongue out of his mouth to lick her hand. I wish I was a dragon, Lee thought as the reptile gently bit her fingertips.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15733
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure is out there! (flashforward, private)

Post by Kwacken on 2/25/2016, 3:37 pm

Galena walked up Half-Blood Hill, intending to talk to Lee. Lee had been coming up the hill for weeks now, which wouldn't be concerning if it weren't also for her conversations about turning seventeen, about feeling constrained at camp. Galena wanted to make sure she wasn't thinking about anything foolish.

Though Galena was no longer the pudgy shy blonde she had been when she came to camp, the 19-year old was still an introvert and a bit of a recluse. Lee was her best and longest friend. "Lee?" She called, her voice uncertain.
Kwacken

Female
Number of posts : 2302
Registration date : 2014-12-31

View user profile

( 1 ) Cust. Rank, Monster Attack, Character Slot, Loss of Limb, Exotic Pet
( 2 ) Name Change
( 3 ) Shout Out, Name color(2mo)
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/25/2016, 5:22 pm

"Oh hey Gally," Lee said, watching the familiar silhouette walk closer. "What brings you up here this early?" Breakfast hadn't even finished yet, or else a stream of campers would've already be flying overhead on their pegasi. Lee took her snapback off to shake her hair then smiled at Gally. She herself had skipped breakfast, a couple of cereal bars and a fruit juice box in her Bermuda pockets.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 2/25/2016, 6:37 pm

"You did. I wanted to talk to you." Galena said, she smiled a little, seeing Lee always warmed her heart. Truth be told, she loved Lee, and not just phileo. It had taken years for her to come to the acknowledgement that she liked girls, but her first and hardest crush was straight. So they remained friends, friendship was better than nothing.

"Your birthday is coming up. Seventeen. You'll be a dancing queen." She started, not sure how she wanted to address her concerns.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/25/2016, 6:43 pm

"Yeah..." Lee replied, staring into the distance again. Her eyes gleamed a little. "What did it feel like when you turned seventeen?" She wondered. Had she been scared or excited? Happy? Or did she simply not care about age? Lee's thumb ran down Peleus' spine gently, stroking the smooth scales.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 2/25/2016, 6:46 pm

Galena shrugged. "It felt like a Tuesday. I dunno. Never really thought much about birthdays. Except whether or not I would leave here when I was eighteen." She hadn't. The child of Athena was worried about what life would bring outside of camp. It was much safer to hide.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/25/2016, 7:00 pm

"You didn't, though," Lee said, and her heart ached as she said that.
Last year, Lee had bought a world map at the camp store and stuck it on the bottom of the bunk bed above hers, so that she could look at it before going to sleep. She had also put pins on it -- green ones for places she had already been to, yellow ones for places she wanted to visit. Over the last eight months, the number of yellow pins had increased and every time Lee woke up, she felt an aching yearn in the pit of her stomach just from looking at them.

"I'm not going to wait that long," she finally said.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 2/25/2016, 7:07 pm

Galena's stomach twisted at Lee's words. First at the disappointment that Gal hadn't gone and second at the confirmation that Lee intended to. "I thought that might be your plan. I had hoped...I understand wanting to get out of here, but, I don't want to lose you."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/26/2016, 9:12 am

"Oh no, no," Lee quickly said, "you won't lose me. I will come back. I just...." She breathed loudly. "All my life, I've been confined somewhere. My rez, my boarding school, the community home, ... I'm grateful I was allowed to spend the last two years here at camp. But now, it's time for me to see something else. Meet new people, hear new opinions, new accents. I want to wake up and see a new skyline each morning -- I don't care if I have to sleep on floors or bathe in freezing rivers. I simply..." She stopped, trying to decide how to word her thoughts. How could you explain that you were homesick of places you'd never evenr been to?
But this was Gally. Lee knew she didn't need to explain anything. The daughter of Athena had always amazed her with her ability to read her without her saying anything.

Finally, she sighed. "I simply want take a good look at the world, before it's too late. I can't imagine anything sadder than to live and grow and die in the same place as you were born without getting to experience what life is like in another hemisphere."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/26/2016, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 2/26/2016, 9:22 am

Galena looked at Peleus, and then down at the road. She didn't meet her friend's eyes. Was that what Lee thought about her life? Sad? Unfulfilled because she preferred the comfort of stability? "There's nothing wrong with being stable. I mean, f**k, Lee, you and I both have never had stable, and here we do."

Galena looked over at Lee finally. "You know I don't have many friends, and none as close as you are. I...I can't stop you, but I don't want to see you go."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 2/26/2016, 1:42 pm

"I never said it was bad, sorry," Lee apologized, feeling suddenly guilty, "simply, that it's bad for me. I'm just not made to stay in the same place all the time."

She looked over to her friend, her shiny blonde hair, her nose, her knitted eyebrows. "I'll come back, Gally," she softly said. "And you'll hear from me. I'm not gonna lose touch with you."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 3/1/2016, 4:17 am

Galena looked at Lee, still disappointed and somewhat leerie. "You promise? I've never had anyone but Father Greg to rely on. Everyone's always left." She said, her voice was fairly quiet.

The daughter of Athena was quiet for second, then she straightened and forced a smile. "Where do you plan on going?"
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/1/2016, 9:12 pm

"I promise, Gally," Lee said before glancing at her. "I swear it on the river Styx." A distant rumble of thunder sealed the oath and Lee smiled. She meant it. She wouldn't lose touch with Gally, it was just not possible.

When the daughter of Athena asked about where she wanted to go, Lee's mouth stretched dreamily. "South. I want to see Mexico first, then go down to Panama. Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Brazil.... I can't wait."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 3/10/2016, 6:53 am

(I honestly could have sworn I had responded to this)

IC:

Galena nodded at the booming in the distance, as well as Lee excitedly talking about South America. It seemed a little hot an sticky for her tastes, but it also seemed like a fun adventure too. "Hablos Espaņol? And do you have any planned method of paying to get down there? Please tell me you aren't going to make a small fortune hacking."
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/10/2016, 10:24 am

"With all the people I stole from, I already have a small fortune," Lee teased, before smiling more gently. "My mother gave me a thousand bucks. Half her savings. I'm the daughter of the merchant god, I know how to make money, and a thousand bucks is more than enough for me to start investing online."

When Lee had told her about her plan to start traveling, her mother had grown the biggest smile, clasped her hands over her mouth, and said, You're really my daughter. That had made Lee feel even better.

"And for the travel, you forget my xpogo skills!" She chuckled, imagining herself hopping her way down to Mexico on a pogo stick. "But to be frank, hitchhiking is my main travel plan. As for the rest... I'll improvise."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/23/2016, 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 3/20/2016, 1:11 am

Galena chuckled, but was a little worried too. A thousand dollars wasn't a lot of money. "Alright, alright. I will hope you do take after the merchant side of his personality. I don't want to read 'Mysterious bank robbery thwarted after robber falls through floor.'"
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/20/2016, 4:52 pm

"Oh wow, you're still taking the piss for that?" Lee asked with a chuckle. She had never robbed a bank but the previous part was true. It wasn't her faut that she fell through floors when she was nervous. She'd like to see anyone else in her shoes!
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwacken on 3/20/2016, 4:59 pm

"Always. You'll be 90 years old in an old folk's home and I'll come up to you with a walker and tell you not to fall through your wheelchair." Galena replied through a laugh as she wrapped an arm around her friend. "You would ask what was wrong with me if I didn't occasionally take the piss out of you."

Friendly barbs and taunts were one thing Galena didn't overdo, but she did remind Lee of falling through the floor at least once a month. Week. Yeah, week. Once a week.
Kwacken

Female

View user profile

( 2 ) Name Change
( 6 ) GP Visit
( 8 ) GP Gift

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/20/2016, 5:28 pm

"This is why I hang out with you." Lee messed up Gally's hair and wrapped her arm around her shoulders, looking out at the horizon.

OOC: end it here?
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum