Make Me a Rainbow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Make Me a Rainbow

Post by Belle on 5/22/2016, 9:48 pm

Aurelia had been in the arts and craft area all day. She had loved drawing or painting in there and just enjoying herself in general. Today she had her mineral washed blue jeans, that were paint splattered and her plain black v-neck tee that also had some paint splattered around. For once the daughter of Iris had her hair up in a pony tail, a few wisps of hair dangling from the side. Today her hair was a navy blue colour that went lighter and lighter in blues, almost like an ombre.

Today Lia had been outside a bit looking at some flowers. She did a detailed sketch earlier in the day and she had brought it back to try and recreate it in a painting. She had been working on it layer by layer, and by now she was on one of the last layers which meant she needed more colours than what she was working with. She was looking everywhere for a certain shade of pink. She had searched the whole room searching in buckets of paint and everything. She found nothing. Until she saw it near a guy.

A wide smiled appeared on her face and she came over cheerily. "Hello! Good day isn't it?" She asked looking outside seeing the sunshine and the usual smile was still on her face. "Uh, are you using that pink over there." She pointed to the one near him that was a little bit away. "If you weren't using it, I was wondering if I could perhaps take it. I'm close to finishing my painting and would love to just use it for a couple minutes if possible. I hope I'm not being a bother or anything." She said and now awaited for the boys response. There was no telling how he would respond, Lia had a guess that he seemed like a nice person though. Well most people looked nice to her in general.
Belle

Female
Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Make Me a Rainbow

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/22/2016, 10:10 pm

Miles jumped when he heard someone start talking near him. It had been forever since he had had any contact with another person. He'd fell under the trance of the Hypnks cabin again, one of his least favorite things to do. He doesn't even know how long he slept that time, just that in the time basically all his friends and, now, ex-girlfriend had left for good. Even when you are awake in the Hypnos cabin, though, no one talks. On the off chance that you get caught at dinner with someone else, no one even makes eye contact.

Miles had decided to lock himself in the arts and crafts center for the day to get back to some of his favorite things. Little did he know it would turn into 4 straight days, sleeping amongst that fabrics. Miles looked like a little bit of a mess. His hair was a little bit long, and messy. His facial hair was a little stubble. He was wearing a pair of light jeans that were now covered in paint, and a red and blue plaid shirt. So few people spent time in the arts and crafts center that he had not planned on seeing people.

The paint that the girl was referencing was from a project that Miles had been working on 2 days prior. It was sitting on the floor in a pile of stuff. When the girl approached, Miles had been looking for negative photo paper to develop some pictures with. He looked over at her. He was surprised to see all the colors of paint that popped out from ever shirt. He cleared his throat. "Oh yeah. Go ahead and take it." He said with a nervous smile. He handed it to her. Before she walked away, he stopped her. "This is gonna be strange but can I take your picture? The way the paint on you just pops. Like wow." Miles was usually very nervous, but less when talking about photography.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 5/23/2016, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/23/2016, 2:53 am

Lia watched him respond. It took a little bit, but he mentioned that she could go for the paint and her face lit up and she was very excited now. She reached over and grabbed it. She was about to open her mouth to say thanks and turn back to her project when he had stopped her.

The daughter of Iris looked at him for a few moments studying his body movements. It wasn't long before he asked her for something. She was a little shocked by it, but completely overjoyed. She loved to help others out with their projects in any way that she could. "Oh! That's not strange to ask at all! We are in the arts and craft center after all, and that's where demigods come to make different art forms and stuff. It's all so cool and so many people here are so talented. Oh you know, it's also not strange, because I've totally asked other people if I could take their photos because I too, take pictures here and there. Oh, I'm sorry, that's such a long winded answer. Of course, I'd love to help out." Lia said with a cheery look growing on her face.

She was perfectly content, and excited now. Someone asked her to help them with their project. Granted it was more so about her wardrobe choices, but this was just one of her many sets of painting clothes.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/23/2016, 3:27 pm

Miles was kind of surprised when the girl said yes. He instantly started running around to set up the perfect picture. Miles set up an easel in front of the racks of paints. He started rustling through the pile of paintings that he had been painting for the last few days. He found a large one in darker colors that would really make the colors on her pop. He set it up on an easel, slipping his camera over his head.

While he was doing this, he started to ramble about himself. "Well, my name is Miles Ryder. I'm 18, son of Hypnos. I live here full time, but I'm currently a first year student at NYU. I'm a triple major in Criminal Justice, Biomedical Sciences, and Photography. My half sister, Emma, is here, she is a daughter of Zelos, and my cousin on the mortal side, Allison, is a daughter of Athena" Once he finished set up, his cheeks got bright red. "Sorry.... I'm rambling. Wanna move over here?" Miles asked, gesturing to a spot in front of the easel. As she moved, he asked, "Who are you?"

Miles took a few steps back and set up the frame on his camera, listening to her. He ran his hand through his hair. Miles walked up to her, about to adjust her hair, and realized that mgiht be awkward. "Oh, I'm sorry. Is it okay if I adjust a few things?"

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 5/23/2016, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/23/2016, 4:25 pm

it wasn't long before the boy got to work. He was rummaging around and setting up the backdrop was what Lia was guessing. He was working and talking at the same time. No, not just any talking it was rambling. That brought a grin onto Lia's face and she could hardly contain her excitement. This was a first. Someone who could keep up in pace to her rambles, someone who would probably get it.

Miles had talked about himself a bit. He mentioned his name, age, god parent and the fact that he had three majors. Made Lia feel a little silly in comparison. She never even graduated high school let alone going to university or college. It was amazing that he had three majors, all the work he had to put in as well as coming to camp. It was actually inspiring.

Lia moved over to where he was gesturing her to move to. She was still grinning and began to reply, "Oh no, it's alright. I get rambling! I do it all the time. Who am I? Well lets see, I'm Aurelia Fairchild, but it's incredibly formal so you can just call me Lia. I am seventeen year old daughter of Iris, kind of why my hair is a different colour constantly. Can't control it or anything. Although it hasn't changed colours in days, been blue for awhile. Uh, my dad owns a vegan restaurant in California and I've done all the art work for it. I never really graduated high school so I'm not in a university or anything, but I do like horticulture and agriculture. I enjoy painting and drawing, oh and I also like photography." She said finishing off one of her rambles. Lia was notorious for rambles, ask anyone she had ever been around and they could tell you she at least had one ramble that went on.

After moving to the spot, it wasn't long before Miles had moved closer to her. She assumed it had to do with adjusting her, which was another thing she understood. "Oh! It's fine I don't mind. If you would like I could take my hair down too, really just depends what you want I guess."
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/23/2016, 5:52 pm

Miles smiled and slid the ponytail out of her hair, and it fell down onto her shoulders. He quickly gathered it up, braiding it over her left shoulder. He smiled and laughed a little, "Before you ask, Allie and Emma made me learn so I could help them get ready when the other one wasn't there. It worked out, though, because then if I wanted to use them as the subject of a picture, I could just do whatever I wanted to their hair. They're both blonde, though." Miles tied off the end of her hair, and laid his hands lightly on her shoulders to turn her so that she her feet were perpendicular to the camera, shoulders turned towards it. "I'm sorry if my hands are cold." He said with a laugh. He lifted his hands and took a few steps back.

Miles' eyes were drawn to her face immediately. Some paint, along with being splattered on her clothes and arms, had made its way to her face, but the color was not quite right. "We are losing your eyes." Miles walked to the table and picked up a small brush, dipping it in a royal purple paint. He walked up to her and put a thin layer of paint below her right eye, and above her left eyebrow. "Your eyes are a gorgeous color. This will bring them out more." Miles tossed the paint brush aside and slid his hand through his hair, moving back a few steps. He was right, her blue eyes popped. She looked perfect up there.

Miles lifted the camera, and with a slightly crooked smile he said, "Smile, Lia." After snapping a couple shots of the original shot he said, "Move around, do what feels natural."

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/23/2016, 6:52 pm

The feeling of her hair being taken out almost sent a shiver down her spine. It was amazing though, that he soon began to take her hair and braid it. Not many guys knew how to braid hair and it was actually refreshing. He did go into explaining how he knew how to braid and it only put a smile to her face. He cared enough to learn how to braid hair for his sister and his cousin, some people would just turn a cold shoulder to that, but seeing that Miles didn't brought a smile to her face. Soon his hands were on her shoulders gently and guiding her to how he wanted to be for the shot.

He apologized if his hands were cold and she responded, "They aren't that cold, and no worries in general about it." She said with a reassuring smile to Miles. He took a few steps back and after a little bit he mentioned that they were losing her eyes. Lia held back a stupid little joke about her eyes running away, because she figured the least she could do was be a little bit more helpful in this situation.

Miles had walked over to get some paint and she was a little curious what he was going to do with it. Not before long she felt the paint brush touch her skin. The cool paint was felt under right eye and over her left brow. It tickled a little bit, but nothing that was too overbearing.

She smiled when he had asked her to, and after a couple shots he told her to do what was natural. Lia wasn't one of those shy people that needed direction. She began to pose in various ways. Some more silly than others and some more serious. After awhile she stopped and looked to him, "Is there any way you'd like me to pose in that I haven't already? or do you think you have enough? I don't know what you wanted from it, just let me know and I can do whatever. "
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/23/2016, 7:50 pm

Miles looked down at the pictures, scrolling through them. "You're an absolute natural. These look amazing." Miles liked the pose that he initially set up, but as the pictures went oon, Lia's smile got more natural, and the silly pictures were great. "I think I got all of the ones I need to make something great." He already had a bunch of ideas on how to print them, and display them, and mess with the color schemes. As Miles looked at the pictures, he realized that there was a lot more paint on him than he realized. His jeans, dark gray tshirt, and red and blue plaid flannel were splotched with a mix of colors, and in a mirror across the room, he could see some blue splotches in his messy hair. Even though his hair was messy, Miles liked how it looked.

A smile grew on Miles' face. "I have an idea." Miles ran over to his bag, and dropped to his knees, digging through it. He pulled out a tripod, and set it up where he had been standing before. He fixed his hair and ran over to Lia. "How do you feel about taking pictures with me? We have this whole matching paint splatter thing, and I need some more modeling experience, and it's more fun with someone else. I totally understand if you don't want to. And.... I'm rambling again." Miles cut himself off, took a deep breath, and smiled.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/23/2016, 8:19 pm

"Well I try." Lia said smiling to him mentioning that she was a natural. "In all honesty, I've just made people pose a lot, so I applied it to myself." She said and then noticed just how much paint she had on herself. It was usually how being in the arts and crafts area was for her.

He began saying how he had a new idea, and she watched as he began to go towards his bag. He set up the tripod and placed the camera on it and where he was standing. She was about to open her mouth when he began to go off rambling again and a smile resurfaced to her face. She looked him in the eyes and spoke, "Feel free to ramble whenever you want, I do it all the time, and it'd only be fair if you got to do it too. Oh and I'm perfectly fine with taking photos with you, and I'm sure you'll be fine with modeling. You're right we kind of are matching with the whole paint thing, but I suppose paint splatter is the new black, right?"
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/23/2016, 8:41 pm

Miles laughed a little. "To be honest, I kind of like rambling. You learn a lot when people they just let them talk. Like right now, I'm not really thinking about what I have to say, which is way easier than when I think too much. When I think too much, I usually say something dumb."  While talking, Miles had started to set up a different background. This one was a little brighter than one before, and also hung a piece fabric behind it. It's just a matter of time before you say something dumb to her. Miles shook the thought away and smiled.

Miles took a step back. "Would you make any changes to me before I start the camera?" Miles ran his hand through his hair again. He was doing that a lot today, and he had no clue why. Maybe just because its long? I don't know. Miles thought, but shook that thought off too. He was excited to take some pictures with Lia.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/25/2016, 3:21 pm

"I like rambling too! I mean, I do it a lot, but I agree with you. You learn so much about a person because most times rambling occurs when you just say what pops into your mind first, so then it's like their purest thought that they have that isn't altered and you can mostly gather from that point that they're a genuine person. " Lia said and smiled brightly, just like she always did. It wasn't long before Miles was asking if there was anything that she wanted to fix on him before they got going.

She took a couple steps back and looked at him for a few moments. A hand rested on her chin as she was determining what needed to be done. "You don't have enough paint on you and we need to match." She said before she went over to get a paint brush and some paint. She flicked some onto his shirt and arms and a little on his neck and face. She also picked up the small brush that had the royal purple paint. Lia did something similar to him as he had done to her. Just opposite. Lia but some below his left eye and some above his right brow and she smiled. "Great! now we match but not completely match." She said tossing the brush to the side. "I think we're good now."
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/25/2016, 5:16 pm

Miles loved the feeling of Lia putting the paint on his face. The paint was cold and she used the brush so lightly. Miles smiled brightly when she said that everything looked good. "You're right, we did need to match more. I think these pictures will look absolutely amazing." Miles said. If you don't look like an absolute doof, they will, anyway. Lia is gonna do great, don't screw this up, Miles. Miles thought.

He took a walk towards the camera, trying to balance the frame. Once he got it set up, He set it to start taking pictures every 5 seconds. He hustled abck over to Lia. "Okay, so we won't have a lot of time between shots, but like I said before, just be natural," Miles said, looking down at her, "They'll turn out great. I know-" Miles heard the distinct click of the camera, the first picture going off in the middle of his sentence. "And there it goes. Well, here goes nothing!" Miles said, suddenly very nervous. He turned to the camera just in time for the next click.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle on 5/31/2016, 2:04 pm

Lia watched him explain how the camera was going to work, and while he was in mid sentence it went off. After that a series of photos were taken, some pretty dumb and others Lia was actually trying to help Miles out with different poses and she ended up laughing a few times in the process. Afterwards she was sitting in her chair again with the paint she had wanted. She held a damp cloth and she was trying to get some of the paint off her face so she could get back to working on her own project.
Belle

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 6/1/2016, 6:26 pm

Miles was really thankful that he had gotten to get the pictures with Lia. He was tearing down his stuff when she made her way back to what she was working on before. Once Miles got the stand taken down, he sat down on the ground, cross-legged, flipping through the pictures. They turned out amazing. Miles smiled as he stood up. He peaked his head around to Lia, "Thank you so much. I think that these will turn out great. I'll get on developing them right after a nap. Thank you again." Miles said, with a slight smile. Miles walked to the hole that he had made in the fabrics where he had been sleeping.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 6/1/2016, 6:26 pm

Miles was really thankful that he had gotten to get the pictures with Lia. He was tearing down his stuff when she made her way back to what she was working on before. Once Miles got the stand taken down, he sat down on the ground, cross-legged, flipping through the pictures. They turned out amazing. Miles smiled as he stood up. He peaked his head around to Lia, "Thank you so much. I think that these will turn out great. I'll get on developing them right after a nap. Thank you again." Miles said, with a slight smile. Miles walked to the hole that he had made in the fabrics where he had been sleeping.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top