New Arrival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Arrival

Post by randomfangirl on 5/23/2016, 12:18 pm

The girl ran over the property line just in time as the dracaenae hit the boundary, hissing, the pair of scaly green dragon-women unable to cross. She staggered back, terrified by the monsters and confused by this new development.

She had shoulder-length wavy black hair and striking blue eyes; the jeans she wore were ripped and muddy while the original colour of the t-shirt she wore was undistinguishable. Stumbling away from the dracaenae, unsure of how long they would be held back, she glanced around wildly for the help she had been promised here.

randomfangirl

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2016-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Arrival

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/27/2016, 6:07 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay!!

BIC: My whip shot forward, wrapped itself around the neck of the first dracaena and yanked her forward, slamming her against the magical barrier. The Stygian iron scales dug into her neck. I kept pulling as hard as I could. A few strangulation noises later, the she-monster started melting, her essence absorbed into the Underworld metal.
The second dracaena hissed at me, baring her fangs. Twirling my spear, I threw it at her -- a second later it had wedged itself in her eye strongly enough to poke out of the other side of her head.

"Are you alright?" I asked the girl as the dracaena exploded into a column of golden flames behind us. Her hair was a mess, her face was dirty, her clothes were torn and ready to be tossed into a garbage can... Yep, she looked just like eighty percent of the other demigods who arrived here.
Crouching down, I removed my helmet to show my face. "I'm Morgan. Are you injured?"

OOC: She has tan skin, brown eyes, dark hair in a ponytail and a scar over her nose. She's wearing a Spartan armour made of Stygian iron, plus an orange camp tee, camo pants and combat boots.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15733
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/28/2016, 8:06 am

She watched in shock as the armoured girl took down the dracaenae with apparent ease and turned back to her. Barely understanding the English, she tried to match it with the few phrases that had stuck in her memory from school, and the ones the satyr had hastily tried to teach her.

"I am Anastasiya," she said. "I do not speak English good." She didn't bother working out how to say she was Russian, knowing the accent would give it away. "You are.... Morgan?" she guessed, hoping she'd picked out the right word.

Apart from a few scrapes, she appeared to be fine, which was more than she could say for the satyr. She turned and pointed to the seedling he had been reincarnated as, saying, "Satyr." She hadn't known him well, meeting him only yesterday, but she was horrified by his sudden death. She was not sure why he had turned into a plant.

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/28/2016, 8:23 am

She had a thick Russian accent that clotted her English. "Yeah, I'm Morgan," I repeated but this time in Ancient Greek. All demigods spoke Ancient Greek, she was bound to understand what I was saying. My eyes traveled to the seedling and my mouth sagged a little. "Come on," I eventually said, grabbing her arm to help her up. "Let's get you to safety."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/28/2016, 10:49 am

Anastasiya nodded and felt relieved when the girl spoke in Ancient Greek. This must be the right place, the place Alina had always told her about, where demigods could be safe and train. It seemed almost a fantasy. She allowed herself to be helped up and followed her down the other side of the hill.

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/29/2016, 5:26 am

"This is camp Half-Blood," I said, holding her around the shoulders just in case she collapsed. It happened a lot in my experience. "See this blue house over there? That's where I'm taking you. They'll give you cranberry juice, a blanket, and all the explanations you want."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/29/2016, 7:15 am

She nodded. "And... it's really true that this is a safe place for demigods? That barrier, does it work for all monsters?" Her shyness battled with curiosity.

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/29/2016, 8:15 am

"Yes," I said, though I doubted that it would repel any of the serious monsters like Typhoon and co. But I didn't need to scare the poor girl, she looked exhausted out of her mind. "You're safe here. I'm going to take care of you." We walked past a satyr chilling next to the river and I asked him to please go up to Half-Blood hill just in case someone else needed help whilst I was gone. Soon enough, we arrived at the Big House. "Chiron lives here," I told the Russian girl. "He's the director of our camp. Normally, there's also Dionysus -- call him Mr. D -- but he's absent as of now."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/29/2016, 9:06 am

"As in... the god?" Anastasiya looked across at the rest of camp, trying to work out what was wrong. Something felt odd... Aha. "My dog -" she remembered this wasn't a mortal she had to hide things from "- er, hellhound - he shadow-travelled away when they attacked. He, um, does that when he panics. He should show up soon."

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/29/2016, 9:52 am

I led her up the porch. "Monsters can't shadow-travel into camp without permission from a camper. I would wait a little before doing that though -- if a stray hellhound is found wandering through camp, it doesn't have a lot of chances making it alive."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/29/2016, 10:11 am

"I'll, um, go up and get him later." She went through the door of the Big House, looking around cautiously. "How many campers are there here?" Maybe she even had some brothers or sisters of her own.

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/31/2016, 5:28 pm

"It depends," I told her, walking through one of the wood-paneled corridors. "This is the summer session so we have about a hundred, two hundred campers rolling in. Rest of the time, it's rather scarce. Thirty at best."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 5/31/2016, 6:38 pm

She glanced out of the window. Rarely was she this talkative, but she had to know more about this place; for years it had been the stuff of legends and now she was walking through it. "And you? Who's your godly parent?"

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2016, 7:11 am

"Hecate," I told her before arriving at the door leading to Chiron's office. Knocking twice, I waited for a moment before hearing his voice inviting us in. Pushing the door open, I let Anastasiya walk in first before stepping into the office myself.

"Hi Chiron, this is a new camper. Just arrived during my guarding shift."

"Hello my dear," he said, rolling forward in his wheelchair and extending a hand for her to shake. "I'm Chiron, director of activities here at camp. What's your name?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 6/1/2016, 8:04 am

Hesitantly, she shook his hand and said in Greek, "A-Anastasiya Volkovich. I'm from Russia, and I'm a daughter of Makaria." She glanced between them and added, "Who, uh, you've probably never heard of. She's not the most famous of goddesses."

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2016, 9:12 am

Chiron leaned forward with interest. "How do you know who your godly parent is?" I was curious too. Normally demigods were claimed inside of camp, and no hologram had popped up above her head.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 6/1/2016, 2:38 pm

She glanced between them again, before awkwardly looking down at her shoes. "Um... that's not normal? She told my dad... why wouldn't she?"

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2016, 3:05 pm

"Ah." Chiron nodded. "You see my dear, most of the heroes who arrive here don't know anything about their godly parent. Some of them spend their whole life without knowing who their divine mother or father is. You are among the lucky ones though." He smiled warmly. "In any case, allow me to warmly welcome you here. You may stay in this camp for as long as you want. Now, you may have to excuse me, I have to take the next archery class. I hope to see you at dinner. Morgan, my dear, would you mind showing her the introduction video?"

"Of course," I said, and led Anastasiya to another room with a smile. "This way."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 6/3/2016, 8:02 am

She nodded slightly to Chiron, more of an awkward duck of the head. One of the lucky ones. She didn't feel lucky. She followed Morgan into the other room.

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/5/2016, 5:14 am

"So, pardon the awkward question, but Makaira is like a female Thanatos, right?" I asked as I set up the projector.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by randomfangirl on 6/5/2016, 11:49 am

"Um, sort of?" she replied, not really sure herself. It wasn't like there was much available information on such a minor goddess - no offense, Mum. "She does peaceful deaths, I think. That's what she's goddess of. She's daughter of Hades and Persephone."

randomfangirl

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: