A Pefect Day for a Perfect Place

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Pefect Day for a Perfect Place

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/24/2016, 11:33 pm

Allison walked into her favorite coffee shop in the city and made her way to her usual place. She was wearing her favorite gray, pink, and white romper with white sandals. Her hair fell in long curls over her shoulders, tucked into a pink and white flower crown. Allison felt kind of cheesy when she dressed like this, but she absolutely lovd it, so she did it anyway. The waitress brought over her usual, a raspberry danish and a low fat cappuccino. Allison sipped from the coffee as an acoustic band took the stage in the coffee house. It was a local college group, but when they started playing, they were surprisingly good.

Allison was tapping her toes along with the music as she looked around the place. She was there so often, yet people rarely approached her. Most of the time she sat alone in her booth, listening to music and chatting with the waitresses. Allison was watching a couple in the corner when the band started a cover of one of her favorite cheesy little love songs. Allison started mouthing the words, her lips accented by a pale red lipstick. Her blue eyes shone behind her eyeliner and mascara. She look another sip of her coffee.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 5515
Registration date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Pefect Day for a Perfect Place

Post by Guest on 5/25/2016, 5:28 pm

Kit Parker wasn't use to the quaint coffee shops. Where he was raised he was surrounded by the usual chain coffee shops that were staffed with teenagers that didn't know how to make a simple coffee. He was surprised to see all the different coffee shops on one block of New York alone. All the shops had something different about them, different smells, different aesthetics. He was drawn to theme, his face light up every time he passed a fluorescent sign or he would catch a wife of whatever was cooking.
His hands fell into the pockets of his khakis as he entered the coffee shop on the corner. The low noise of the bell on top of the door ringing was drowned out by the hum of the customers all around him. The shop was crowded, as evident by him having to wait ten minutes in line for an oolong tea. There was also little seating. There were tables crowded around the young band playing, every seat seemed accounted for. All but one, apparently. The seat across from a girl with striking blue eyes was empty. Kit was a friendly person, a guy that people seem to want to be around; he had no problem talking to strangers.
"Is this seat taken?" He asked as he walked over to the girl, his fingers laced around the top of the chair. He grinned at the girl, taking a small sip of his tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/25/2016, 5:46 pm

Allison was kind of shocked when a voice she didn't recognize interrupted the song. She knew everyone who worked  at the coffee house, and this was not one of their voices, Allison turned her head slightly to the side, a smile forming on her phase. "Oh, hi! Yeah, you're more than welcome to sit with me!" Allison pushed a strand of hair out of her phase, gesturing at the seat across from her.  Allison was thrilled to meet a new person. It was a while since she had had just a normal conversation with anyone. Really, she hadn't talked to almost anyone in a while, except for her cousin Emma.

The boy who sat down across from her had a nice smile and curly hair. She didn't think she had ever seen him in the place. "I'm Allison. I don't think I have ever seen you here before." When you weren't talking to anyone, it made it really easy to watch people. This boy moved in a way that she hadn't seen anyone move before. Allison took a small bite off the danish, and sipped her coffee.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/25/2016, 7:00 pm

I'm Kit. He replied as he slid into the chair. His hands danced around the side of the table until he gripped his pink drink. I'm not from here. He explained, chuckling a little, suppose that's why you've never seen me. Kit was in town to visit his mother, who was doing her residency at a general hospital. He admired the city, how the ceaseless noise was a symphony that he never heard in the secluded walls of his camp. Though he was typically surrounded by the symphony of his friend's chatter. As he walked the streets he heard unfamiliar chatter, conversations that he couldn't connect with.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/25/2016, 7:24 pm

Allison messed with the crown on her head a little bit. She wasn't used to having a conversation that was structured like this. She was used to the usual ca mp introductions, not NYC coffee house lingo. Allison was also somewhat terrified of conversations. She was terrified of saying something dumb and embarrassing herself in front of this boy. "I'm not initially from New York. I've been here for almost a year. I'm from London initially, and then I moved to Arizona to live with my cousins about 4 years ago." Most of the time, Allison covered her British accent, but it came out vibrantly when she said some words, especially London.

Allison missed her dad, but she was in a bad place before she left for America. She'd changed a lot since then. You'd never guess the flower child sitting in the adorable New York coffee shop was the girl in those pictures, with the black hair and ripped clothes. She liked herself a lot more now. "Where are you from?" Allison asked, smiling sweetly at Kit.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/25/2016, 9:34 pm

That's awesome. He said, grinning wildly. Kit was always fascinated with the little details,  and of course he was easily amused. You could stick a reflective plate in front of the son of Cupid and he would be happy for hours. But he was fascinated with little details about people too. There weren't many internationals in Camp Jupiter, the most globalization he has ever encountered was when they had international day at his elementary school. So he found fascinating, basically.
I'm from Berkeley. Kit told her. His hands began to fidget, picking a pen out of his pocket and began to doodle; it was a habit. Kit Parker always had to keep something moving. Typically it was his hands, so that's why he paints.

Last edited by Jo on 5/26/2016, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/25/2016, 9:44 pm

Allison pulled her knees up so she was sitting cross legged on the chair. She was small, barely reaching 5 feet, so she fit comfortably like this. She began to twirl a strand of blonde hair seubconciously around her finger. "I've always wanted to go to California. I've never seen the Pacific before. Its my dream. My cousins and I go to a camp slightly upstate. I think I might want to go to school back out west. Maybe even California."

Allison looked down, watching as Kit sketched. She could tell it was just part of who he was, keeping his hands busy. Allison felt similarly, except that it was that she always had to be moving. Even now, her hand was twirling her hair, the other tapping on her leg, and she swayed a bit from side to side. "What are you drawing?"

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/26/2016, 11:11 am

He smiled,Yeah, all the schools I applied for are on the west coast. As a rising senior he has constantly been given the same lecture about college and grades and what his priorities should be. Kit didn't have any priorities, goals, or any idea of an answer to the question :"where do you see yourself in 10 years."
He looked up, realizing that Allison had asked him a question. He then looked down at the mess of ink spirals on his napkin. Kit had no art style, one couldn't look at his gallery and see the brush strokes as one cohesive group. It was a collection of whatever he felt like for that day. which represents his life pretty well. It's nothing, really--what was that about a camp?

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/26/2016, 11:22 am

Allison looked up nervously, going still. It was the first time that anyone had really questioned her comments about camp. She blinked a couple times, and then collected herself. "Oh yeah. My cousin, Miles, started going to camp a couple years ago and he loved it, said it would be perfect for me and his sister, Emma. We really fit in well." Allison smiled, kind of proud of her coverup.

Allison started to become a bit curious about why he was interested in camp at all, why he had even picked up on the comment. She felt like the was some kind of connection that she should be making, but wasn't. She brushed it off, and went back to sipping from her coffee, which was almost empty now.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 5/26/2016, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/26/2016, 8:42 pm

I go to camp too. He said, sounding a little too excited. His body stopped moving for a moment to collect himself before his fingers started itching to sketch once more. Kit doubted that her camp had anything similar to the training regiment that his had. Her arts and crafts could be making paper snowflakes while his was making sword hilts. Not his favorite activity, to let you know. It's cute how close you are with your family. He noted.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/26/2016, 10:20 pm

Allison loved her cousins. They were the normal siblings that she never had. "It's all really weird to be honest. My dad is siblings with Emma' dad. Miles is 18. My Uncle Carlos married my Aunt Heather right after Emma was born. She's 16, like me. So, neither of them are actually blood related. Only Emma and I are. None of us knew our other parents though. "Complicated Situations," our parents always said. But Emma considers Aunt Heather her mom, and Miles considers Uncle Carlos his dad, so it's all pretty great I guess. Miles is a bit of a nerd. NYU student, studying criminal justice, biomedical sciences, and photography. Emma is both sporty and girly she's great. I was kind of the weak link with them, but they kept me around." Allison started to blush deeply. "I'm rambling. I'm sorry. I just wish I was more like them, to be honest."

Allison took a sip of her coffee, collecting herself. She looked up with a bright smile and said, "Tell me about you, Kit." Allison liked calling people by there names often. It just felt nice.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 5/28/2016, 3:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/26/2016, 10:48 pm

Nonono, you're fine. I don't mind the rambling. Kit never really talked about his history, it wasn't much of a thing he always thought about.
Ummmmm. He said awkwardly, playing with the collar of his shirt, My mom's a doctor. I go to camp a lot. Umm, I paint and hike a lot. I don't know. I could use some of your rambling right now. He chuckled, trying to keep the winning smile on his face, which for the moment was the only thing that didn't look awkward at the moment. His hand moved up to a stray curl off of his forehead.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/26/2016, 10:58 pm

Allison smiled a tiny bit, tilting her head a bit, looking at Kit. Something was off about him, but in the way that something was off about her, and a lot of the people she knew. He's got some kind of secret. Allison shook the though. If he wants to tell me, he will.

Allison opened her mouth as soon as she found something to talk about. "Well I really like making music. I sing, and play guitar, piano, and violin. I dance, too. I'm really into ballet." Allison looked down and saw a wilted flower in the centerpiece of the table. She pulled it out, starting to pluck out the dying petals. "People expect me to only be smart, because of who I am. I am smart, but it's not all I am, or what I care most about." She said, blushing a bit, not looking at Kit.

Ooc: I had to go back and fix the whole relationship between Emma, Miles, and Allison because I realized I royally messed it up.
QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/28/2016, 10:14 pm

I'm not musically talented, Kit explained, my friend is more of the music person, yknow. When his friend group was studying, it would really just be Jena studying while Jaci drummed on the table and Kit would stare at Jena. Though in middle school he was forced to play the trumpet. He wasn't any good at it, but he was allowed to paint it when he quit the instrument. You could be whatever you want, man. Let you define you.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/28/2016, 10:36 pm

Allison looked down, uncomfortably. She was awful at keeping conversations going, even though she loved talking to people. She ran back through her head the conversation so far, trying to find something that she could ask about. She settled on camp, something they had in common. "So, what kind of camp do you go to? Is it for something special?"

Allison waved the waitress over, and she came with another coffee already ready, knowing Allison's usual request. Allison switched cups with her, and sipped from the fresh cup. The band that was playing was still going, and was drawing more and more of a crowd. Apparently they were a pretty big deal around here,  as some of the girls were practically throwing themselves at the guys.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/29/2016, 9:31 pm

Oh, um Kit replied awkwardly. He was unsure on how to approach this topic of camp. The only time he really talked about camp was with his demigod peers, not some girl he just met a few moments ago. He couldn't just tell her what Camp Jupiter was, that would break almost every rule that he sometimes paid attention to. He ran his fingers through his unkempt brown hair as he was trying to formulate an answer. It's like a training camp. Great, now she'll think that he's some sort of military brat. [color=#cc3333]I've met some amazing people there./color] He added, trying to make it sound more humane. That was true though, he met his little bird, and he was grateful for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/29/2016, 11:51 pm

Allison dropped the fork she had been playing with. Some of the pieces were starting to come together. Something seemed familiar about the things that Kit was saying about his camp. "That's basically what my camp is, too. My Mom is the reason I'm there." Allison felt like Kit should know what she was talking about, so she tried to drop a couple hints.

The song that the band was playing changed. A cover of Vance Joy's Riptide started, and Allison perked up instantly. She started to hum along, and then quietly singing. Allison absolutely loved that song.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/30/2016, 10:55 pm

Kit Parker certainly was not the brightest kid. His bright smile and cute little personality allows him to get away with a lot more that he could if messy hair was popular these days. Needless to say Kit had no idea what Allison was hinting to. He smiled, however, acting as if he understood the whole thing about her mom. That's cool. He exclaimed with a dopey expression. I live for free time at camp. His free time nowadays included going climbing with Jena.

Last edited by Jo on 6/5/2016, 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 5/30/2016, 11:30 pm

Wow, this guy isn't all that smart, was he. Allison thought. It wasn't common for the daughter of Athena to be around people who didn't talk about stupid smart things  just to try and make other people around them feel dumb. Allison didn't like that use of intelligence. She liked to use what she knew to make other people's lives better.

The song from the band changed. The song that they played was Drops of Jupiter, and it hit Alison like a ton of bricks. California.... Training camp.... Camp Jupiter. A sly smile crossed Allison's head. Once Camp Jupiter hit her head, she knew that that was where Kit was from. How had she not figured it it sooner? It was almost embarrassing. "So... I don't think you ever said what your camps name was." Allison said,  sipping from her coffee, looking at him confidently over the rim of it.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/1/2016, 8:57 pm

Kit's heart raced, his first thought was that Allison was some sort of monster. He knew the dangers of traveling outside the borders of camp, he constantly heard the long list of possible dangers from Jena as he was leaving, and when he arrived in New York he got a text from her with more examples of what could happen.
Of course his first thought went to monsters. He's still oblivious to the fact there was another camp just like his that does the same thing with the same kids just a different mythology. There weren't many demigods from the other coast that came over to Camp Jupiter. Usually it was the other way around, but Kit never payed much attention to that. He had not desire to go to the other camp. Oh, um. Kit was decent  at thinking answers quickly.  Though he wasn't accountable with the quality of the answers.
Juno. he spatted. Idiot, Why?

Last edited by Jo on 6/5/2016, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 6/1/2016, 11:21 pm

Allison had to stop herself from laughing out loud. Juno? That's the best he could do? Allison thought. His answer was a dead giveaway that he was definitely a Camp Jupiter kid. Allison thought that she could have some fun with this. She took a large sip of her coffee and then came out with a goofy smile.

"Oh. Em. Gee. That is like the absolutely coolest name. I just love mythology. I know more about Greek but Roman is supes cool, too. Please, tell me all about it. Who is like your favorite?" Allison said in the absolute most annoying valley girl voice. If he wasn't going to figure out that she was a daughter of Athena, she could act however she wanted. She wanted to figure out who he was a kid of, though.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/2/2016, 9:41 pm

He frowned, his nose scruntching up a bit. If Kit wasn't uneasy before his last response he certainly was very uneasy now.  He felt as if his suspicions were confirmed and she was one of those scaley monsters that was two seconds away from killing him. Why would a regular person even care about Greek and Roman mythology. Mythology books are exactly the kind of literature that kids would use Sparknotes and Schmoop for. Not to help them better understand the text, but to just read the summaries because they could care less about Oedipus, or Odysseus or some other mythological hero with their name starting with the letter O. Kit barely cared about mythology and he was a demigod. His father was an actual god and he couldn't tell you any other details about Roman mythology. His right hand slid down to the pocket of his khakis, where a small blade was hiding. There was a large change he was going to have to use this in case her growing fangs and pouncing over the table to eat him. With his luck he was guessing it was an 80% chance. He took his blade as a safety precaution, but in this moment he wished he brought his sword.I don't know much.He said, which was the truth. Kit was working on ideas for a mural instead of paying attention to the mythology classes he had to take. What do you know. He asked, poking at the strawberry at the bottom of his cup with the green straw.

Last edited by Jo on 6/5/2016, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 6/4/2016, 10:45 pm

]

Allison rolled his eyes lightly. This was getting extremely amusing to her. "Well, my mom is like totally like Athena. That's the Greek version of Minerva." Allison said, knowing that he wouldn't have gotten that if she didn't tell him. "They are so much like, it's almost like they are the same person." Allison took another sip of her coffee, fixing the crown on her head. She didn't know how long she could keep this up. Allison was usually really good at reading people, but Kit's nervousness was covering up to much. Allison couldn't tell what he was thing. She got an idea. "So, what's your favorite thing about Camp Jupiter?"

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top