A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

There Has Been An Awakening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member
Rick Sanchez

Male
Number of posts : 1506
Registration date : 2015-10-06

There Has Been An Awakening Empty
PostSubject: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/4/2016, 2:32 am

Rey strolled down to the Mess Hall. She'd stayed up the night, sitting by her half-brother Nestor's bed in the infirmary. Nestor had a broken ankle, and his eye was blind after the last mission he was on, being fractured by the shattered night vision lense. She fell asleep sometime at midnight on the chair, and when she woke up, her half-brother was still asleep. Her stomach growled, and she departed. The sun was still behind the treeline, but sunlight still reached them. The wind breezed warmly. Rey was dressed in a leather jacket, over a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. Her belt hung over her short, and she had Reebok sneakers on.

The Mess Hall was filled with Campers, having breakfast. She went over to the food counter, where she grabbed some omelete and steak, and sat down at one of the random tables, where only another boy occupied. Rey tried to think of what to say to Nestor when he woke up with only one eye. What was she going to tell his father James when he was still out? "Uncle Jim, Nestor lost his eye"? Ridiculous. And then her own father Ben. Nestor and Rey were like twins. Unseperable. It was as if what Nestor feels would always transfer to Rey and reverse.

It felt lonely when her cousin/half-brother wasn't there to accompany Rey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bit.ly/1Rt3IhG
Cliché
Cliché

Male
Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/4/2016, 4:00 am

Atticus didn’t sleep at all that night, too stressed to sleep and never got tired enough to close his eyes. Which meant he was still in the same jeans he had been yesterday however he was wearing a new camp shirt. Atticus was also wearing a jacket because of how chilly it seemed to be for him recently. He had spent a large portion of his night out on the beach just lying around, walking around in the water, or simply watching the moon make the water glisten even when it was pure black. After awhile he had decided he was hungry and moved to the mess hall. Atticus just got a piece of toast before moving to a table and placing his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand. He slowly chewed on the toast, and swallowed.

He had a slight headache that seemed to gradually get worse and it was making him very on edge.After awhile the mess hall filled with more and more people, early risers getting up to have breakfast and get to work on their activities for today. After finishing his toast he found his eyes wandering the room, though they were kept slightly squinted so the harsh light wouldn’t make the headache any worse. Atticus silently hoped that the headache would just fade on it’s own and he wouldn’t need to go get medicine from the infirmary or as some of the fellow campers. ‘Yes, that would be perfect,’ he mentally rolled his eyes.

A few more minutes passed before a girl sat down at the table Atticus was at, he looked at her, one eyebrow slightly raised. He watched her for a second debating whether or not to say hi, considering she seemed she was deep in thought. However he didn’t really mind and hoped she wouldn’t either. Atticus smiled, “Hi there.

Last edited by Cliché on 3/25/2019, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member
Rick Sanchez

Male

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/4/2016, 5:50 am

Rey was halfway through chewing the piece of steak, when the demigod sitting next to her spoke. She tilted her head. It was often her who started conversations. Peculiar, this time. She laid down her cutlery, and quickly wiped her mouth, British courtesy. Then she turned to the teenager. He was approximately her height, or Rey was really stupid with calculations. Americans were taller than the British, weren't they? Or perhaps the concept was something she read on the internet. False information weren't rare, especially on something that spans on a worldwide scale like the Internet. She made a note never to believe in something beforehand without researching it carefully first.

"Hi." She started, but ended up being rather quiet and shyly. Great job, Reyna. Yet, she quickly regained her confidence. "I'm Reyna, but friends call me Rey. You know, that character from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Of the Athena Cabin." Her British accent came out clearly, but it was mixed with American slangs. She ruffled through her ponytail hair. "And what about you? Why don't you sit with your Cabin? Me, I'm just not in a bloody mood to do such, especially after my brother is heavily injured in the infirmary..." Her voice trailed off in the end and cracked. She lowered her head and continued with the omelettes. It was a short while before she calmed, and looked back up from her food tray, turning her head back toward the boy. "I'm sorry. It's just that me and him have a strong sibling bond, like twins. Well, anyway, how was your day. Oh wait, it's barely dawn. How's it going then?" she chuckled after acknowledging her goof and shook her head. "Bloody silly of me." she said, returning to her steak and omelette, trying to enjoy her breakfast and steer her thoughts away from Nestor. Otherwise her voice would crack like earlier. Which, in a way, was embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Cliché
Cliché

Male

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/5/2016, 3:33 am

Atticus’s eyes widened slightly as Rey rambled on, he smiled, his headache seemed to fade slightly, “I’m Atticus Young, son of Bia, ya know the goddess of force.” He winked, “So you got the name and I literally have the force within me.” Atticus chuckled a bit to himself and then bit his lip before looking back at her. “Anyway, I don't really like my table, too many odd people, or they’re too annoying,” he rolled his eyes slightly smiling slightly at how much she seemed to have ranted. “It’s pretty good, just tired, didn’t go to sleep well last night, actually I didn’t sleep at all.

Atticus ran his hand through his hair slightly annoyed, readjusted his jacket sleeves and folding his arms on the table, “a daughter of Athena though? So you’re smart right?” He began to lightly tap his foot and his fingers rhythmically on the table. The tiredness suddenly weighing on him, “I’ll be back give me a second.” Atticus quickly stood, taking very few long strides up to the counter and getting some coffee. Even if it usually didn’t help him, he hoped it would do something at least so he could continue a decent conversation. He turned back towards the table and sat down across from Rey, mug in hand bringing it gently to his mouth to take a sip careful not to burn his tongue. Atticus let his mind wander a bit again back to the ocean. Thinking about how much more senile it looked at night compared to how heavenly it looked in the morning or when the sun was at its peak. How different the black sea was in contrast the pure clearness it has during the day. How the moon made the silver glistening and made the sea seem to be even darker. Even so, both images still held the same beauty in them, just, at a different time. Atticus started to think about the waves now, how much fiercer they seemed to be during the night time. How they seemed to swallow themselves, ‘Humans do that,’ Atticus thought. With that he stopped thinking and turned his attention back to Rey, his coffee still in hand as he took another sip.

Last edited by Cliché on 3/25/2019, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Sanchez
Dedicated Member
Rick Sanchez

Male

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/5/2016, 5:12 am

Rey almost choked on her food, but she stopped herself. "Bloody hell. Coincidences." She said, while placing the food down. "Give me a bit of The Force sometimes." She joked. Jokes were part of her specialty. "And then I can tryout for Star Wars Rey." She returned to her food, but then realized there was nothing to return to. She finished her breakfast. Rey stood up and strolled to the basket where they held all the food trays, and dumped hers, before going back to Atticus's table. She sat cross-legged on the opposite side of the table where he sat. When he questioned of her parentage, of her being a "daughter of Athena", the demigod simply shrugged. "Well, I'd say that kinda depends on how your mind defines the word "smart", as they often have multiple meanings with an individual perspective. But as for now, you can brand me "Nerd". Which is a yes for your question, honestly."

Rey stood up and followed Atticus to the counter where they had all the drinks. Diet Pepsi solely, no regular Pepsi or Coke. To maintain a healthy diet. Orange, apple and durian juice? Ewww, was her thought and comment on the durian. How did they even managed to juice that sinful fruit. And coffee. Black, decaf or espresso. She didn't need coffee because she just had plenty of sleep. She wouldn't be able to sleep that night. Therefore, she picked out a cup of orange juice and carried it back to her table. She sat down, once again opposite of Atticus. She sipped her drink, before laying the cup on the desk. "Coffee, who? That's a good idea. You look like you're going to collapse, and your eyelids look like they're going to escape their duty. Of keeping your eyes open." Rey commented, while drinking a big gulp of her glass of orange juice. "Then you should consider drinking something like this orange juice here, for example. Nutrients. Have them or perish." She managed to slip in another joke, and the British accent made it kinda weird.

Add the conversation began to grow silent, she turned away from Atticus when he became visibly deep in thoughts. It wasn't long before she began to think on her own matters. Maybe talking to Atticus would clear her mind on the Nestor topic. She turned back to the son of Bia, smirking. "Do you have a brother? Or a sister?" Maybe if he had, he could exchange with her in a conversation about siblings. "Blood brothers or sisters. Me and Nestor are half-siblings, but we are cousins. I'm his older sister but younger cousin. In a way, gods are messed up and so are their offspring. It's creepy. In a way."

Rey flowed back to the train of thoughts. She thought about a bit of metaphysics. If Nestor ever recovered, they would start on their joint operation of writing a science fiction book, about a war across time. Who knows. Maybe she would get to be on The New York Times Bestselling Series list. It would be her pleasure.

"Do you like books? I mean, 98% of us are dyslexic, and don't tell the Ares kids, but I think 99% of their population can't read. I was just curious. Your answer: should you choose to accept it." Rey inserted another joke, involving Mission Impossible. "If you do, what do you like to read." She continued, but then figured it would be best if she stopped here. Her talkativeness was overwhelming. What would happen if she annoyed Atticus? Rey honestly didn't want to make further enemies. Bad for reputation, and bad for her generally great friendship toward almost everyone at Camp. "I'm sorry. I get too talkative sometimes. It's bad." Rey briefly apologized, then drank the rest of the orange juice of her cup. What a fine drink.
Back to top Go down
Cliché
Cliché

Male

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime6/30/2016, 2:45 am

Atticus smiled and nodded, “maybe I should have gotten orange juice, oh well, maybe I will ‘perish’, “ he winked. He took another sip of his coffee it burned his tongue, not a hot stinging burn, more of a comforting one, like the sun on a summer day or, er, something. Atticus didn’t really understand that feeling considering he actually didn’t get outside much. His eyes now didn’t feel so droopy and he actually felt more awake, to an extent at least.

He smiled at her rambling slightly shaking his head after awhile, “No siblings to my knowledge, I’m half siblings wise I have a few around camp but I haven’t run into them.” Atticus looked down into his cup watching the coffee swirl the steam rolling out of it from it being warmer. “My father didn’t really have any other kids,” he smiled, “just me.” Atticus thought about his father then, what was he doing? Was he sitting on the couch watching the game? Possibly out with the few friends he had, or maybe, his dad had found someone and was finally getting back on his feet. Whatever it was, Atticus wasn’t there so he didn’t have to worry about it. Atticus took another long sip of his coffee. The warm liquid coating his tongue and tastebuds before he swallowed. He quickly took another sip, hoping to finish the drink before it cooled, cold coffee wasn’t good unless it was supposed to be cold.

Atticus scrunched his nose as she brought up books, they weren’t really his forte, whenever he tried it usually ended up with excruciating headache and him throwing the prized novel or book across the room and the pages would spill all over the floor, maybe the spine of the book missing or the front cover torn off. His short temperament and impatience was never good for him, or for the books in that case. “No, sorry, I get migraines, they hurt bad, I usually end up hurting the books in the process, I like video games more.” He tilted his head slightly at her. “I wish when I read them I didn’t get headaches just from reading the first paragraph.” Atticus smiled at her again, “I like your talkative-ness, it makes up for how quiet I can be at times.” He looked down at the cup, “Then again I can be quite talkative too, what are you planning on doing next week?” His gaze trailed back up to her, a small smile playing on his lips, “maybe we could hang out, outside of camp?” Atticus leaned back taking a drink from his cup, “of course we would hang out here before hand though so you know I’m not completely insane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There Has Been An Awakening   There Has Been An Awakening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There Has Been An Awakening
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Mess Hall-