Off to Scotland everyone (actually just Alex)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Off to Scotland everyone (actually just Alex)

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/3/2016, 12:43 pm

"Oh look, Mum! There he is!"

Jana Kay leaned over the barrier and waved, a big smile on her face. Her brother was there! She and An had arrived about fifteen minutes earlier at the Edinburgh airport, waiting for Alex with a trolley and some cookies. Her father had stayed home to take care of her sisters, so Jana Kay was here with her stepmother, a smiling woman in her early forties. The young daughter of Demeter was wearing a denim dress and striped cotton tights, a ladybug clip in her hair. She was so excited!

Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15671
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Re: Off to Scotland everyone (actually just Alex)

Post by Green on 7/3/2016, 1:27 pm

Alex was overly excited about coming with Jana Kay to Scotland. Not only did he get to spend some more time with one of his favorite half sisters and her family, but he also he was able to tour the beautiful country that is Scotland. Him and Kane broke up a couple of weeks ago and it was still hard for him. Alex had only told Morgan this so he felt bad about not telling JK. He was wearing a green t-shirt, khaki joggers, and his black Vans. He wanted to make a good impression on Jana Kay's family. Looking up, Alex waved back at JK and her smiling step mother and toward them with his suitcase rolling behind him and his bags over his shoulders.

"Hey, ladies! I'm so, so happy to be here!" Alex exclaimed with a bright smile. "I can't wait to tour Scotland, meet your family...everything!"
Green
Loyal Member

Male
Number of posts : 4470
Registration date : 2014-11-16

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/3/2016, 3:32 pm

Jana Kay ran over and hugged him tight. She had last seen him at the summer session at camp; now she was back at school though, so she hadn't seen him in two months.

"I missed you too!!" Grinning, she eventually let go and gave him a box with a green ribbon wrapped around it. "Here, we made you welcome cookies! They're apple, cinnamon, and hazelnut." She added in a whisper, "I put in some chocolate chips when no one was looking." At that moment, her stepmother arrived. She was tall and thin, with auburn hair and sparkling eyes. "Alex! I heard so much about you already. Come here." She pulled him into a hug then loaded his luggage onto the trolley. "That's An, my stepmum," Jana told him. "Come on, let's go!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/3/2016, 5:20 pm

After taking the box from Jana Kay and thanking her, he turned his attention to her stepmother and gave her a warm hug. "It's so nice to meet you too!" He broke away, but his smile didn't waiver. It was refreshing to experience a different culture than his own.

"Yay!" He exclaimed quietly and politely took the trolley and walked with JK and An. "So what do you have planned for this trip, Jana Kay?" The son of Demeter asked with a grin.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/4/2016, 2:42 am

"Adventure! Peril and hazard!" She chuckled. "It depends what you wanna do, but I was thinking of taking you to our farm, horse riding to the lochs, baking cakes, etc."

"Why don't you two go visit Edinburgh, or Saint Andrews?" An suggested. "There are so many pretty places in Scotland."

They loaded the luggage into the car and drove out of the airport. As it was the UK, cars drove on the left hand side which Jana knew was weird for a lot of Americans. "But first today I wanna show you round the house and the city, maybe show you the farm or the horses? All up to you of course. You're the guest!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/4/2016, 5:04 pm

Alex wanted to see anything and everything in Scotland! He wanted to take pictures, get t-shirts, souvenirs, and maybe a nice make out session. "Um...well what you both suggested sounds absolutely amazing! Let's start with showing me around the house and everything then build from there. How does that sound?" To him it sounded perfect and not as overwhelming.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/5/2016, 12:12 am

OOC: Little theme music to set the mood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw5Mc5bpq-A

BIC: "Awesome!"

It took a little bit to drive from Edinburgh to Stirling but time seemed to fly by as all three of them chatted happily in the car. Jana Kay was so happy! Alex was here, her favourite brother! She couldn't wait to do all the stuff with him they had planned.
Eventually they reached the mixture of modern houses and small Victorian cottages that was Stirlng and Jana Kay started pointing excitedly out of the window to show him the landmarks.

"See this big tower over there? That's the William Wallace monument. Oh, and that's the Stirling castle!"

They stopped in front of a cozy looking little house and Jana Kay helped carry Alex's luggage up to the front door. They were immediately met by joyful barking as an excited cocker spaniel ran up to them and jumped all over the place. He stopped to sniff Alex's ankles and lick his hand before barking happily at An.

"This is Vivaldi," An chuckled. "You don't have anything against animals, do you?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/5/2016, 3:42 pm

The ride there was amazing! The sites, the styles of the Scottish homes, catching up with Jana Kay, talking with An-- all of it was so breath taking and enjoyable. For his first time out of the country, this was a wonderful experience.

Alex gasped when he saw the dog. "Gods, no I love animals! We have a couple of cows, pigs, and chicken." He smiled brightly down at Vivaldi. "Thank you again for inviting me into your home and country. It's an honor, really."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/6/2016, 1:07 pm

"Oh, lucky you! I've always wanted some cows," Jana exclaimed in wonder.

"And it's an honour having you here, my boy," someone else said. A man had opened the front door. He was tall and thin like his firstborn daughter, and his smile dug the same flurry of dimples into his cheeks. His blonde hair was combed to the side, his jeans and shirt splattered with paint. "Come in," he beamed.

The inside of the cottage was a cozy mess.
A wooden staircase went up one corner, books stacked on it with a throw pillow for that moment when you're going up to your bedroom but just want to plop down and read for a bit. The air smelled of warm cookies, the walls showed cheerful family pictures and a pretty wooden door led into a comfortable living room. Jana Kay's father warmly shook Alex's hand and insisted he called him Damian. Then they introduced him to Cherry and Opal, two little minxes who had An's auburn hair and Damian's brown eyes.

"Come! I'm gonna show you to your room," Jana said, grabbing one suitcase.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/6/2016, 5:39 pm

Alex greeted everyone in the family with a wide smile and a handshake. All of them were oh, so welcoming that he didn't know what to do with himself. He followed Jana Kay to the room he was going to be staying.

"Thank you again, JK, for inviting me to your wonderful home!"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/7/2016, 10:27 am

"Why thank you for coming, big bro! Here's your room." She opened the door to an L-shaped room with cute windows and a fluffy carpet. "I put on green bedsheets cause you said it was your favourite colour," she grinned. "Oh, and wanna see something cool?" She pulled aside a curtain and pointed at a round hole. "Crawl through there and you get to my bedroom!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/7/2016, 4:54 pm

Alex leaned down a bit and grinned at the hole. "That's so cool!" He shouted jovially. He stood back up and placed his suitcase on the bed and started to unpack. He wished he could tell Kane about this, but, like stated before, they were broken up.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/7/2016, 6:34 pm

Jana Kay helped Alex unpack, telling him a few funny stories. She pointed through the windows, which overlooked the garden: "I'll need your help to turn that into a haunted cobweb field the night before Halloween," she said. One look out of the window showed why: whilst the front yard was cutely trimmed, the backyard had Jana Kay's signature all over it. The lawn was shaped into whimsical spirals. Defying the climate, it was bursting with tulips and pink laurel. The flowers had all sorts of crazy bright colours, daisies crawled up the walls and a little herb garden was clenched between two flowerbeds.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/27/2017, 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/8/2016, 5:07 pm

The son of Demeter just loved his sister's garden! Even in Autumn, the beautiful and freshness of Spring and Summer seemed to be contained in that garden. "I would love to help you! Tell me, do you use your powers to help with keeping it in such good shape?!"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/9/2016, 1:00 am

"Of course. But shhh! I just tell everyone I have a really good fertilizer. Only my family knows."

Later that day, she took him on a bike ride around town. Stirling was rather small so it only took them like, an hour. Jana Kay told Alex stories and fun facts about the medieval areas, her eyes lighting up whenever she was getting to a part she really liked. When they reached the bridge, she told him about the big battle that had taken place there, where William Wallace had defeated the English forces. "Yep, it was right here"!
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/10/2016, 12:52 am

Alex was so in trawled with what Jana Kay was saying that he had to make sure he didn't run into anything as they biked. "See, there's so much history here, Jana Kay. I love it here." He grinned, looking forward. "What else special do you want to show me?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/11/2016, 12:14 am

The blonde girl beamed. "Follow me!"

Together they visited Stirling Castle and  climbed up the Wallace Monument. From up there they had a panoramic view of the little town and the neighbouring landscapes.

"If you take that road over there," Jana Kay said over the wind, spitting out some hair, "you get to our farm! About four of five miles in that direction."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/11/2016, 3:39 pm

Alex turned to look where Jana Kay was looking. "Oh! Can we go? Please!" The son of Demeter asked with a wide smile. "What type of produce do you grow there? I know it has to be interesting."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/11/2016, 5:25 pm

"Well it's autumn right now," Jana Kay loudly said to cover the wind, "so cabbage, turnips, potatoes, pumpkins,..." she counted on her fingers, "plus cauliflower and much more! We even have a couple of pear and apple trees too!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/12/2016, 1:20 pm

Alex took in a deep breath and smiled widely at Jana Kay. "I love the Autumn produce! It's just so festive!" It also saved people back in the day from starving to death in the cold, bitter Winter months. "What type of apples do you grow?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/13/2016, 3:20 pm

"We have mainly Clydesides and Tydeman's!" Jana Kay said. "Though I have grown my own trees of Bloody Ploughman, Lass o' Gowrie and Tower of Glamis," she admitted with a smile, "cause I have a thing for rare apples. We also do some Coul Blush too, for sauces and purees. I'll show you everything! When do you want to go?" She checked her watch, it was like, four pm.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/13/2016, 6:28 pm

As Jana Kay start listening the names of the types of apples she grew down in the farm, his excitement increased. "Can we go now?! Please! I need to see your beautiful apples!" Alex's wide smile was in full affect. "I really, really want to see your Eden!"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/13/2016, 7:18 pm

"It is pretty much like Eden," Jana Kay beamed as they climbed the staircase back down, "except that you won't doom humanity if you eat one of the apples."

They came back home about ten or so minutes later and her father agreed to take them to the farm. They got into the car and in a few minutes started to see the outline of the orchards.

"Whatcha say?" Jana giggled as they left the car, spreading her arms wide. Behind her, acres and acres of fruit trees and vegetable patches were unraveling under the sky in a glow of warm autumn colours.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 7/13/2016, 8:36 pm

Alex gasped and rushed passed Jana Kay and looked over the beautiful garden. He could feel the plants and produce's energy. He could hear the light whispers of the potatoes, apples, turnips, and pumpkins. He walked in more, slightly touching the vegetables until he came to the apple trees. The son of Demeter plucked one of the apples off and examined it.

"You must be a malus domestica." He whispered to the bloody ploughman apple that your harvester was talking about earlier." Alex whispered to the apple. Taking a bite out of it, he moaned. "You are very good." He chuckled lightly. "You're welcome." Alex glanced up at the place where the apple was and tapped the spot. Another bloody ploughman apple grew in it's place, going through the different stages of growth before being fully formed. "There." He turned around to look at Jana Kay, finishing off the apple completely and dropping it for the earth to reclaim. After a couple of seconds, it was completely broken down.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

07 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 7/14/2016, 2:05 am

"It's good, right?" Jana Kay had skipped over to where her brother was. "We make delicious pies with those and the pears over there."

"Here you go, children," her father said, bringing baskets in a wheelbarrow. "The harvest goes into the hangar, Jana, you show him. I'm going to have a look at our onions."

Jana Kay took a basket and turned to Alex. "So! What do you want to reap first?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum