Getting Lunch (P)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Lunch (P)

Post by Green on 2/15/2017, 2:40 pm

Jedidiah led the newest demigod to camp, Dallas Ryder, to the mess hall. It was an open pavilion with several tables that corresponded with a cabin. "Here's the best food you'll probably ever eat. Anything you can think of is served her. The goblets summon any kind of drink your mind can think up." The daughter of Athena looked over her shoulder at Dallas, then back at the mess hall. There was a few people there scattered about at various tables. "During lunch, you can sit with who you want, but during dinner you sit with your cabin."
Green
Loyal Member

Male
Number of posts : 4429
Registration date : 2014-11-16

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting Lunch (P)

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/15/2017, 7:28 pm

Dallas was absolutely floored by the mess hall. It was absolutely nothing like what he expected. He had pictured a shabby little wooden cabin with long tables like you'd see at a normal camp somewhere. The son of Psyche listened as Jedidiah explained what the seating situation. In all honesty, Dallas didn't know what time it even was. It had been mid-morning when he arrived. Was it still lunch time? Dallas looked up at the sky, but it didn't help much. "Is it lunch time now?" Dallas asked. He hoped it was.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female
Number of posts : 5515
Registration date : 2010-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/16/2017, 9:43 am

"Yes, it's still lunch time." Jedidiah nodded her head and grabbed herself a goblet. "Follow me." She led him back to where Dallas would be sitting during dinner. "The good thing about your cabin is that you'll have plenty of people of different people to talk to. Matter of fact, I think you're the only child of Psyche here right now." She stated as she sat down. The daughter of Athena glared into her goblet and suddenly it started to fill up with agave sweetened tea, her favorite. "Now you try."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/16/2017, 11:29 pm

Dallas grabbed a goblet behind Jedidiah and followed behind her. The table that she led him to was towards the far end of the mess hall, so they had to pass quite a few tables of people before they reached the one where Jedidiah sat down. As they passed people, a lot of them seemed to know Jedidiah. How did people actually know anyone at this place. Dallas sat down by Jedidiah and watched her goblet produce a drink. He looked at his and suddenly it was full of warm spiced apple cider.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/17/2017, 12:31 am

"What did you get in your goblet?" Jed asked, looking around a bit. She noticed two of her siblings and gave them a small wave. The daughter of Athena looked at the buffet table and thought of what she wanted to eat. "What do you plan on getting."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/17/2017, 11:15 pm

Dallas smiled as he took a large sip of the warm drink. "Warm apple cider." Dallas said, smiling. It tasted like home, both in Philadelphia and Phoenix. Warm apple cider was a Ryder family thing. No one really knew where the tradition started, but they all drank it, especially at family get togethers. Dallas looked at the food. 'I have absolutely no idea. Chicken and waffles?"

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/19/2017, 6:48 pm

"Hm, I haven't had chicken and waffles since I was ten years old. Actually, it was a Tuesday afternoon at 6:10." Jedidiah liked that she had a photographic memory. She could remember anything. "My dad made them for me when I got all A's on my report card."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/20/2017, 1:12 am

Dallas's eyes grew when Jedidiah was able to ramble off exactly when she last had chicken and waffles. He was starting to feel like no matter how much he studied and learned, he could never hold a candle to the people who had natural abilities like Jedidiah. "It's my absolute favorite food, I think. My dad used to make it when he had Saturdays off of work. He worked Tuesday through Saturday when I was growing up, so it was a strange thing, but I loved those days." Dallas said with a smile.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/20/2017, 7:39 pm

Jedidiah nodded her head as Dallas talked so that he knew that she was paying attention to what he was saying. "Well, if you want, you can always get it here. It'll probably be the best chicken and waffles you've ever had in your life." She chuckled lightly and got up from the table to get some food.
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/20/2017, 11:57 pm

Dallas stood up behind Jedidiah and followed her to over where the food was, and sure enough there were his chicken and waffles. Dallas smiled and piled it on his plate. Once they had food, Dallas made his way back to the table. "You mentioned that I'm the only Psyche kid here? Why is that?" Dallas asked.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/22/2017, 2:13 am

Jedidiah took in a deep breath and answered him. "The goddess Psyche is married to Eros and those who are usually married don't have a lot of demigods. Although, that doesn't account for in every case. Aphrodite and Hephaestus are married, but have a good number of offspring. It all depends on the god or goddess really." She decided to get some grilled cheese with tomato soup. "Pop quiz question number one: Whos' the goddess of the Hunt?"

Last edited by Green on 2/23/2017, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/23/2017, 11:46 am

Dallas nodded as daughter of Athena described Psyche, or his mom. That was still a weird thing for Dallas to think. He had lived his whole life with just a dad, and now to know that his mom was out there somewhere, even if he may never actually know her, and she was unlikely to care for him all that much. Dallas zoned back in for Jedidiah's pop quiz. Diana. Dallas immediately thought. He swore in his head. He had always been better at Roman history. "Artemis...?" Dallas said, very unsure of himself.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/23/2017, 12:01 pm

"Correct." Jedidiah nodded her head. She would be doing those from time to time to see how much information about the Greeks and Greek culture. "Who is the goddess of discord?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/23/2017, 1:18 pm

Dallas was proud that he had gotten Jedidiah's question right, but he was immediately shot down when he had no clue the answer to the next question. "I... I don't know." Those were not easy words for the son of Psyche to say, and he wasn't used to having to say them.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/26/2017, 3:03 pm

Jedidiah gave Dallas a smile grin and walked back to where the son of Psyche would be sitting for dinner. "Eris. That's the goddess of discord and strife."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/26/2017, 4:00 pm

Dallas nodded, doing his best to commit that information to memory. He followed behind Jedidiah while asking, "Am I just supposed to know this stuff somehow, or do I get to learn it?" Dallas said with a hard swallow.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 2/28/2017, 12:31 am

"In time you'll know a lot more about the Ancient Greeks as well as the gods. Not everyone gets it the first week." The daughter of Athena explained. "You're smart so you will get it quicker the most."
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by QTheRevolution on 2/28/2017, 1:10 am

Dallas nodded, taking in what Jedidiah had to say. He had a feeling that he was going to have to get used to taking information in here, and not just spouting it. "Do you ever think about, like, who you wish you could be a kid of? Like someone else who may be good for you?" Dallas said, tilting his head.

QTheRevolution
Experienced Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Green on 3/4/2017, 1:43 am

Jedidiah thought about it before shaking her head. "No, not really. I'm happy to be a daughter of Athena. Not only do you get brains, but you also get brawn." She smirked, dipping her spoon into the soup and pouring it into her mouth. Man, it was good. "Why do you ask that question? Do you?"
Green
Loyal Member

Male

View user profile

Updated Character Invite

4 Character slots left

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content