The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Post by Nekrogod on 1/1/2018, 5:56 am

After having grabbed a bit of dinner, Fridgeir waited within his cabin until nightfall, closing his eyes for a bit of rest, not knowing how long he would be out trying to teach her. As soon as night fell across the camp, he made his way to the spot they met, his spear in hand to aid him in his own powers.

Upon his arrival, he saw the daughter of Khione already there and said, just loud enough for her to hear, "Hope I didn't keep you waiting."

Nekrogod

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/1/2018, 6:22 am

She turned around on her heels. "Not to worry."
Hopping off the outcrop, she strode over to Fridgeir and crossed her arms. "Let's start."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15718
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/1/2018, 6:37 am

"Alright. First of all, clear your mind of everything. When I began it took a lot of focus and my magic fell into two of my mother's domains. I have no idea how hard it will be for you. So clear your mind of everything."

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/1/2018, 12:25 pm

Easier said than done. She wasn't like this cousin of hers who spent her free time in Bikram Yoga resorts. Still, she tried her best.
Her thoughts were noisy but if she concentrated on sounds or physical feelings, like the clothes on her skin or the pendant around her neck, it proved easier. She couldn't drone out everything but that would have to come with practice. "What's next?" She said with a twinge of impatience.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/2/2018, 5:08 am

OOC: Lol just noticed I never pressed send on my response

"Now I want you to reach out. Try to grasp the shadows. Focus on them. Let them come to you." This was more of a test to see if they would respond to her at all, rather than a true lesson.

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/2/2018, 12:09 pm

Sloane really did try. She felt a little stupid doing it, calling out to something that technically was just the absence of light, but still, she gave it her best. She wanted this after all. She really did.
But nothing happened. The shadows stayed snugly in their corners.

"Come on," she hissed after ten minutes of trying and sweating. "Come on!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/2/2018, 4:45 pm

After ten minutes passed, Fridgeir stepped towards her and held out his spear. He said, "Try using my focus. I can barely control my powers now without it, and I have over a year of practice. This may help. Instead of focusing through your hands, try to pull the shadows to the spear."

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/5/2018, 7:38 am

Grunting in assent, she took the spear in her hand and pointed it at the crook between two trees, where the shadows were at their deepest. Come, she called in her thoughts, come to me.
Nothing happened. Sloane clenched the spear tighter, her knuckles turning white. Come over here you stupid pile of nothing! she growled in Swedish, but still the shadows stayed where they were. No pull, no tug, not even the faintest reply. She wasnt used to being ignored like that.
Gritting her teeth, she focused as hard as she could. Like a difficult prey she had to shoot at a distance, the bowstring sharp against her nose.
Finally, after fifteen minutes' of intense concentrating, she blew up. All the pent-up frustration and helplessness burst from her with a roar, an explosion of sharp icicles hitting the trees. The ground around her boots crackled with frost.

"It's never gonna work!" she snarled.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/6/2018, 3:17 pm

He stared at what happened for a moment and said, "ótrúlegt" Which was the Icelandic word for amazing. He looked back at her, took his spear, and said, "Calm down. It will take some practice but I believe you'll be able to get it eventually." He was quite impressed with her desire to learn this, not even he tried this hard to try and learn his own magic. Then again, he didn't know what he was doing then, or what would happen. It sort of just came to him when he tried to learn magic for the first time.

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/6/2018, 5:03 pm

"I don't have time to get it eventually," she growled, scraping the frost off her boots. "I need this to happen now, or my father--" She stopped. "I mean, I need to master this as soon as possible. I didn't think it'd be this difficult."
After all, the other spells she'd tried had come easily enough for her. But this... this was something different and she had no idea why it didn't work.
She held out a hand and a spear of ice grew upwards from the ground, smooth and glistening. She pulled it out with a crack and pointed it at the shadow of a tree."Let's try it again," she said, sweat dripping from her forehead.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/6/2018, 6:51 pm

He noticed the slip up, but decided not to question what she truly needed this for. He shrugged and said, "Well let's not try to force it at least. I have one other exercise you can try before I have to actually think about it. I want you to close your eyes and tell me what you see." He got his spear ready, prepared to move the shadows and see if she could sense them at all. He continued, "It may not happen immediately. But don't get frustrated about it."

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/7/2018, 4:24 pm

The best way to get Sloane frustrated was to tell her not to be frustrated. With all the willpower she could muster, she held back a biting remark and squeezed her eyes shut.
Tell me what you see, Fridgeir had said.

"This may come as a surprise, but I see the inside of my eyelids."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/7/2018, 6:37 pm

Fridgeir rolled his eyes and used his power to make the shadows move in front of her, making himself a bit nauseous in the process but not anything that really affected him. He then said, "Do you see anything new at all?"

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/7/2018, 7:47 pm

She shook her head.

"Am I supposed to?"

She strained her eyes,moving them left and right beneath their lids, but she didn't see anything.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/7/2018, 8:13 pm

He let the shadows go, returning them to their original positions and said, "Alright, so this is going to be a lot harder than I anticipated. From what I gathered, you have no affinity with the shadows. Which, to be fair, I should have figured considering your mother is the goddess of ice and not shadows." He thought for a moment and then continued, "Yeah I honestly can't think of anything else to try right now."

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/8/2018, 3:19 pm

Sloane balled her fists hard. She was angry and disappointed at her failure, it felt like she'd been smacked. She tried to control her emotions but frost started covering her hands, growing up her arms with a soft crackling.

"Eἰς κόρακας!" she shouted in Ancient Greek and threw her hand at an oak. The frost shot from her skin, morphed into a snowball halfway and hit the tree.

"Hey!" A dryad's pretty face came out of the bark. "Do you mind?"

"Sorry," Sloane said but clearly didn't mean it. Right. If that doesn't work, she thought, then I need to make it work anyway. I can't control shadows -- but he can. Yes. Yes, that's the only way....

"Fridgeir," she said, spinning around to face him. "Do you want to help me undermine a powerful family of Swedish and British aristocracy?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/28/2018, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/8/2018, 5:11 pm

"Well then." He thought for a moment and looked at his spear. On one hand, he would finally get some action aside from the forest. On the other hand, he may be doing something completely wrong. But at the same time, it could be for the greater good. He looked back at her and said, "Depends. What did they do wrong and why do you care?"

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/8/2018, 6:08 pm

"Firstly," she said, "I care because I am part of that family. Secondly, it's not something they've done wrong once or twice, it's something they've been doing for about five years now." She twirled her ice spear in her hands. "My family owns a corporation for asset and investment management. One of the largest shadow banks there are. With all that money involved, my dear relatives are always finding new ways to tear each other to shreds. When I joined the Hunt, I vowed to leave all that behind me. But," she paused for a moment, "an unforeseen... development... forced me to reconsider." She looked at Fridgeir, and, without meaning to, she dropped her preciously composed face. At camp she always did her best to look indifferent and detached. Now her face was deformed with worry. "They're after my father. He's ill, and they're all trying to take advantage of that."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/9/2018, 4:20 am

He thought for a moment before nodding. He said, "I'll help you. If it means I am helping someone, I'm willing to do whatever. Mostly. Though what exactly am I going to have to do?"

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/9/2018, 9:33 am

She smiled coldly. "I'll brief you on the way. Pack a bag and meet me on Half-Blood Hill."

Her own bag had been ready for ages. She had been thinking about doing this for a long time, planning and preparing. All she needed to do was grab her suitcase and call her driver.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/9/2018, 5:33 pm

He nodded and ran back to his cabin to grab a bag. Within it he packed some Tylenol to help with side effects of his powers, a few granola bars, an extra set of clothes, and a water bottle. He wasn't sure what he needed so this is all he took. He also changed into a black t shirt but kept his sweatpants on. He then proceeded to head towards Half-Blood Hill.

Last edited by Nekrogod on 1/10/2018, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/10/2018, 11:29 am

Sloane was waiting for him on top of Half-Blood hill. She had changed clothes -- no one in her family could see her in demigod gear, except her father. Instead of an orange shirt and camo pants, she was dressed like a Ralph Lauren model, her auburn hair pinned up neatly and a silk scarf knotted around her neck. She had called Arthur, her driver, who said he'd be at the bottom of the hill at half past -- so in about five minutes. Sloane turned around and took in the view of Camp Half-Blood. The temple-like marble buildings, the arena, the cluster of cabins, and the columns of the Mess Hall, all the way over there by the shimmering sea. This was a good home, she knew. So different from the one she was about to return to.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekrogod on 1/10/2018, 5:07 pm

He soon arrived to the hill with his backpack on and his spear in hand. He ran up beside her and said, "Alright I have everything I need. I think." He shrugged as he would probably be fine either way.

OOC: Btw, I read this on the wiki when reading about stygian iron and saw that, unlike celestial bronze and imperial gold, it could harm mortals. Just making sure that's ok here in case it's needed.

Nekrogod

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/11/2018, 6:10 am

OOC: That's fair enough! Here's the link to the NYC topic: https://www.camphalfblood.org/t24666-taking-on-capitalism-private#1245748
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum