Art and Rage (Open) (Come Join Meeee!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Art and Rage (Open) (Come Join Meeee!)

Post by Steve Rogers on 12/24/2017, 1:12 am

Liam:

Liam sat at the edge of the table and shifted weight in his wheelchair as he stared, irritated, at the canvas before him. A friend had recently suggested taking up art as a way to creatively release stress, but painting only seemed to increase his stress further. It was supposed to be a pegasus, but it looked like a lumpy, winged ostritch. Liam cursed under his breath.
Steve Rogers
Retired Staff Member <3

Female
Number of posts : 33821
Registration date : 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Art and Rage (Open) (Come Join Meeee!)

Post by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2017, 8:59 am

Arian walked in like a storm, shouting at her phone in Italian. Her skirt blazed around her legs as she picked her way through statues and canvases, careful not to knock anything over as she argued loudly with the person on the other end. With a harsh motion, she whipped the drapery off her canvas, revealing Avengers fan art in art nouveau style.

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you get off your lazy butt and do something about it?" she snapped. "These children are... -- yes, I know -- Yes, I understand that sir, but -- Jesus, will you let me talk?"

She grabbed her brushes as if she was going to stab her own painting with them. At the snap of her fingers, one of the palettes rose from the table, loaded with gleaming pastels. She mixed some with the tip of her brush and added light blue accents to Thor's armour as she harshly spoke her mind, holding the phone squeezed tightly between her jaw and neck. After a few more curt angry words, she hung up, although it looked more like a headbutt to the screen.

"Jerk," she said. (It's a lie, she didn't say that, but this site is PG13.)

She was so angry that she'd smudged her gold make-up during the argument, but she didn't care to fix it. Right now, art was her therapy and she needed to calm down. And find a solution to this whole mess.
It was only when she looked around for more colour that she saw there was someone else in the room....who probably had heard everything.

"Oh gods. I'm so sorry you had to witness that," she said.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/1/2018, 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15505
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Rogers on 12/30/2017, 7:53 pm

Liam:

For a moment, all the poor boy could do was stare. He wasn't trying to be rude, that was the last thing on his mind. However, there was so much to take in that his brain simply refused to function.

First of all, this girl, whoever she was, was beautiful. Second, she was terrifying. Liam was a peacemaker, and never one to land himself in the middle of a confrontation. This girl, whoever she was, had a certain fire in her personality. It was attractive, Liam couldn't deny, but he worked hard to push that thought away. He didn't even know this girl. Again, he really didn't want to be rude.

Third, and perhaps most importantly, was her art. Not. Fair. His own masterpiece already looked awful, but next to hers, it was downright pitiful. Carefully, and blushing furiously at his own poor craftsmanship, he leaned over his paper and covered it up.

"Totally fine. Don't even worry about it," he said, his voice cracking midway through. His face turned and even deeper shade of red and he smiled, trying to cover up how fervently he was praying for death in that moment. Really? A voice crack? What was he, thirteen?

"I, ah... good doodle," he said, pointing to her art. Aaaaaaand he ruined it. ... A doodle? Was he for real? "I mean... art. Not a doodle. Not... Beautiful. I mean, beautiful! It is beautiful! The art. ...Not the men. I mean..." He closed his mouth and returned to his own drawning without saying anything else.

He suddenly began to question his divine heritage. Somehow, he's inherited nothing from Aphrodite.
Steve Rogers
Retired Staff Member <3

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/1/2018, 5:26 am

"I wouldn't be mad if you found the men beautiful." Arian chuckled. He was handsome, but when he blushed like now he looked just like the kind of guy she liked to hang out with.

"Thank you though, much appreciated," she said with a distinct Italian accent. "I'm sorry I was so loud, it's just this....this greedy, self-serving @ss," she spat, gesturing at her phone. "But anyway, are you working on something too?" The guy was trying to cover his canvas but Arian strode over in a few moments, brushes in hand, her palette bobbing behind her like a balloon on a string. "I promise I won't laugh or mock," Arian assured. "We children of Apollo, we understand the struggle."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Rogers on 1/1/2018, 2:49 pm

"Apollo, eh?" he asks. "Aphrodite," he says with the suavest smile he can manage. "Name's Liam," he holds out a hand. "And this is... ... ...my... pegasus," he says and wilts as he gestures to the ostrich-thing on the paper.

"Honestly, I don't know how you do it. I've been here for, like, two hours and this is all I've got to prove for it. That and a couple of paper cuts,"
Steve Rogers
Retired Staff Member <3

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 1/2/2018, 12:04 pm

Arian chuckled, "Hey, don't beat yourself up. The wings are pretty well done. Here," she said, swapping her brush for a pencil, "this is a really good trick to get the proportions right." She did a few sketches on his paper, giving him tips on how to draw texture and silhouettes, or make the image look 3D. She was talking animatedly with lots of gestures, the pencil smudging her fingers.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellerobot on 3/23/2018, 1:02 am

(Is this still open)

....Crud.

Rosa had entered the art room hoping to get some private time to work on her live motion sketch. She hadn't been expecting to run into two other campers, already in conversation as they bent over a piece of artwork.
As quietly as possible, Rosa prepared her supplies, cringing when her hand bumped into a can of paintbrushes and they clattered to the floor, loudly announcing her presence.
bellerobot

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/24/2018, 12:45 pm

OOC: Yes it is :)

BIC:
Arian turned around. Another camper had appeared in the Arts and Crafts room, picking up paintbrushes she'd just knocked to the floor. Arian immediately came over and picked up the rest with her, handing them to her with a smile. "Here you go!"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellerobot on 3/25/2018, 12:22 pm

"Thanks," Rosa muttered as her paintbrushes were handed back to her. She gently placed them back on the shelf. Turning back to the girl who had helped her, she felt her tongue fail her. Say something, idiot. Glancing around the room for a distraction, Rosa noticed the canvas they were just working on.
"What have you got there?" She blurted.
bellerobot

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 3/27/2018, 7:42 pm

"Oh, I was just showing Liam here a couple of art tricks," Arian smiled, looking at the girl with benign interest. "What about you, are you working on anything specific?" Children of Apollo were usually the only ones with clearly set artistic projects; most demigods just came in to do whatever struck the teacher's fancy.

OOC: not quite sure Liam's RPer is that active anymore sadly
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellerobot on 3/29/2018, 9:58 pm

"Uh..." muttered Rosa. She turned back to her live motion sketch, turning it around to show the girl behind her.

"I've been trying to work on the, y'know, figure a little bit but I'm having trouble with the shading." Rosa gazed at the easel and canvas bobbing behind the girl. "Do you think you could help? ...'Cause, you are a child of Apollo, right?"

bellerobot

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/1/2018, 5:34 am

"Of course I'll help," Arian agreed, and came over to her work place with a jingle of golden bracelets. She let out a little whistle and a pencil came flying from the mess on her desk, nudging her fingers like a dog eager for pets. "Your drawing's really good. Love the way you did this here," she said, pointing at a particularly well-drawn bit. "Now for shading, there are a couple easy techniques. First of all hold your pencil like this, here," she showed her, "and do little brushes in angles. Like this, see?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellerobot on 4/1/2018, 7:59 pm

"Oh, c-cool, thanks!" she said, as the other camper bent towards her piece. Rosa watched, mesmerized, as the girls pencil danced across the page, darkening and increasing the shading across the figure. Excess graphite from the pencil drifted to the sides of the paper, and Rosa resisted the urge to blow them away as the girl worked.

Casting around for a distraction, Rosa realized she hadn't even introduced herself yet. Oops.

"I'm Rosa, by the way. From, um, Ares."
bellerobot

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 4/6/2018, 4:47 am

Arian smiled warmly. "I know. I'm in the Apollo cabin, we're neighbours." There was not one person at camp she didn't know (a secondary effect of being in the popular crowds.) "I'm Arianna, but people call me Ary or Arian." She blew excess graphite off the drawing and slid the pencil over her ear. "I think I've seen you train in the arena a couple times. Wouldn't want to be on your rival team in Capture-the-Flag!" she admitted with a chuckle.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellerobot on 4/15/2018, 8:47 pm

"Oh, thanks." Rosa said, smiling. Her swordfighting was something she could actually be proud of, though she hardy ever practiced. Her art skills... not as much.
"So, how do you think we can fix this, um...Ari?" she asked.
bellerobot

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum