Hunting some demons, nbd (private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting some demons, nbd (private)

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/16/2018, 3:50 pm

Aria scanned the room, cursing silently in her head. She's not there. Bottling up her panic, the daughter of Zeus stole through the corridors, slowly x-raying every corner with her eyes. Nothing. Where are you, you poisonous bunch-back'd toad? Her boots pressed lightly on the floor, careful not to make any noise as she distributed her weight evenly, sliding past the furniture. Her fingers were so tight on the bowstring that it cut into her skin. Her she-wolf was on the other side of the abandoned cottage, exploring the staircase and cellar. Aria prayed she'd be okay. She hated the silence, it was worse to her than the clamors of battle.
A tension in the air suddenly sent an electric shiver through her. She whirled around so fast she almost slashed her arrow across the other Hunter's face. "Holy Athena! You scared me." She glanced past her and whispered again, "Did you find anything?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/16/2018, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15715
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunting some demons, nbd (private)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/16/2018, 4:08 pm

Katy leapt back, startled, her green eyes wide. "Sorry." She whispered, casting a nervous wary glance over her shoulder. She brushed a stray strand of ginger hair out of her face, flashing the other hunter a smile as she shook her head."Nothing." Katarina seemed to be uncomfortable, but she often was when she left the hunters' camp. On hunts, she tended to draw unwelcome attention simply because of who her father happened to be. She made an excellent distraction on the plus side. Her repeater crossbow shook in her hands, Katarina hated not knowing where the monster was and happened to be feeling distinctly anxious. She wondered if this place was in fact a trap.
"Have you..." She broke off her question when a heavy thump sounded from upstairs. She dropped to a knee, crossbow pointed upwards, raised ready to fire. Most hunters carried a bow, but Katy preferred rate of fire, particularly for closer ranged encounters.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1693
Registration date : 2014-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/18/2018, 1:47 pm

Aria had also whipped her arrowpoint upwards, her body a single knot of tension ready to burst at the first sign of movement. For a timeless moment, the air stood completely still.
Crash.
Three she-demons broke through the ceiling, landing on the floor in a deafening burst of wood, dust and brick. All of them had flaming hair, mismatched legs and a smile full of fangs. Empousai. Aria cussed in her head. Now I know why it smelled like that.
She had taken cover behind an overturned couch and silently touched her silver arrowhead, charging it with electricity. But the crackling, however faint, didn't escape the closest empousa.

"What do we have here?" she asked, baring her fangs with relish.

"You've got something in your teeth," Aria grunted and shot her in the face.

A blinding arc of electricity jumped from her flaming hair to the bronze talons of her toenails. The demon screamed, jolting, before exploding in a burst of flames.

"Cindy!" one of the others cried, reaching towards the place she'd stood at a second ago. Her face flipped to murderous fury. "You killed her!" An unhealthy green glow started coating her hands. "You filthy half-breed godling," she hissed, drawing closer. Aria moved towards the door, which banged shut without any of them touching it. "Oh no, you're going to stay here, honey." A low growl came from the back of her throat as she continued. "You like frying people? Like father like daughter, huh? Then try this." She hurled her fist at Aria, who felt herself rising from the floor as tendrils of sickly green light crackled over her body. Pain like she'd never felt it before ignited every cell of her body. Her eyes grew so wide she thought they were going to pop out. Her face deformed by agony, she jolted and screamed, her skin smoking through her clothes.

OOC: Sorry for the long overly dramatic post xD I may or may not be in exam season

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/19/2018, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/18/2018, 2:39 pm

The daughter of Himeros rolled into cover provided by a doorway, she caught a glimpse of her friend seeking cover behind an overturned couch. Yet, her attention was focused on the three demons who came crashing through the ceiling. Silently she cursed in her mind, three of them would be a tough fight. Tough but not impossible. She watched with horror when the Empousai detected Aria's conceal firing position. The other hunter loosed off the first shot, taking down one of the demons. Katy brought her own weapon up to fire, managing to unleash a single bolt before the Empousai she had been aiming at slapped it away, knocking it out of her hands. The redhead ducked a swipe, drawing a silver dagger in a swift movement. Katarina went to strike at the Empousai, but it spoke using charm speak on the hunters. "Oh, you don't want to do that honey." It caused Katy to stagger backwards as she tried to resist the monster's wily charms. "Why don't you set the weapon down?" It stalked slowly towards her. "Let the weapon go, after all a beautiful girl like you, it would be a shame for us to fight." Katy's mind felt foggy, like her thought processes were trudging through a thick murky swamp. A soft clang of metal striking the floor echoed, with difficulty she turned her head, surprised to see her dagger lying on the floor. "That's good honey." The demon whispered, sliding closer still. "Aren't you tired with fighting? Don't you want us to be friends?"

"N... No." She managed to whisper, through gritted teeth as the monster pressed it's efforts harder, aiming to deepen it's control.
"No?" The Empousai sounded offended, hurt, guilt pulsed through Katy. "Are you sure? After all I'm certain we could be the best of friends?" It leaned closer and cupped Katy's chin, raising it so she looked up at the demon. "It would be a pity to hurt such beauty as yourself. A crime as it were. It was a terrible day when Artemis stole you. Seized you." A flicker of anger burned in the hunter, it blossomed into an inferno of rage. "Aren't you tired of following her? Waiting on her hand and foot, whilst you are denied the right to be yourself?" An grin crossed the Empousai's features. "They mock you. Shame you. Treat you poorly. Why follow her? Why follow the hunters?"  It chuckled slightly, it's laughter light, almost friendly. Both heard Aria's screams. "You could lead. You should lead. All you need to do is take your weapon now, strike down your companion. A daughter of Himeros has no place in the hunters, she tricked you, they all betrayed you, thinking you weak, that you are vulnerable." It turned Katy's head so the other hunter had to watch the suffering Aria endured. Anger burned bright within Katy. "Now is your moment, your moment to watch them suffer where you always have. You could rise to your full potential, embrace your powers, your gifts."

Katy was silent, her body trembling. "You can finally have revenge, justice, respect, power. Yes, all that can be yours and more." The Empousai whispered, her voice seductive and alluring. "You can make them all..." The Empousai gasped suddenly, it stared down in a mixture of surprise, shock and horror, at a silver dagger plunged hilt deep into it's chest, Katy's hand clasped round the hilt. Each hunter carried two of them after all. "Nooooo!" Katy roared, the ginger haired girl ripping the blade free in a shower of gore as the monster exploded into dust.
Her mind reeled, her limbs shock, she was covered in sweat, her hair clung to her face. She rushed forwards determined to help Aria. "I'm coming! Hold on Aria!" Katarina yelled as she scooped up her repeater and loosed a volley of bolts at the remaining Empousai. What shocked Katy the most was not how she had succumbed so easily to Charm Speak, but rather, how the demon tried to turn her against the Hunters. Against Artemis. Against the Hunters. Against Aria.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/20/2018, 6:39 pm

It was pain like she'd never experienced it. Her mind was blank. Aria shouted and screamed, her throat dry, the unnatural green bolts dancing over her body like spiders. Her feet shook in their boots, fingertips trembling uncontrollably under the spell.

Suddenly it all stopped. She fell in a smoking heap, thudding on the floor lifelessly. Her finger gave a last quiver before her eyes rolled back and she passed out for a brief moment. When she regained consciousness, she rolled to one side and coughed out stomach acid. She felt like she was going to be sick but luckily she didn't spit out anything else.
It reeked of burned skin and singed clothes. Aria looked up at Katy, her eyes struggling to focus. "That was... close..," she managed.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/20/2018, 7:04 pm

Katy gasped as Aria crumpled to the floor seemingly lifeless. "No!" She cried out as she rushed over towards the limp body of her friend. The hunter dropped her weapon as she skidded to a halt by her side, she knelt down, whispering. "Don't you die on me. You have to make it." She thought for a horrible moment that her friend had indeed fallen, that it was her fault that she was dead, when suddenly Aria gasped. "Your alive!" The relief in her voice happened to be clear. "Artemis be praised." Katy fumbled in her pocket for some ambrosia. It might not deal with all of her injuries, but it might take the edge off of it. "Yes." Katarina said simply, avoiding looking at Aria. It shamed her how much the demon echoed her inner most struggles, her dark thoughts. It shamed her more still how for the briefest of heartbeats she had been tempted. It would of been so easy to throw everything away, to embrace who she was. But... Katy could not allow for that to happen. She swore the oath.

"Eat this." The red head ordered, offering a square of ambrosia. "Another few seconds and I'd have to give you mouth to mouth." Katy winced visible, sighed and shook her head. She wanted to ask Aria if she heard what the demon had spoken to her about, but she was afraid to know the truth. If she had, what would she think of her? A second question slipped stealthily into her train of thought. What did she think of her now? A Daughter of Himeros? A Hunter? Would it only be a matter of time before she truly shattered the oath and left the Hunters and Artemis behind her? She shook her head again in an attempt to scatter those thoughts. The demon's influence, it wanted to make her doubt, yes, she was sure of it. Or at least Katy tried to make herself believe it. Truth was, it unsettled her, just as much as Aria lying vulnerable before her. Injured, in pain. She needed a comrade, a fellow hunter, someone she could trust. Worry churned in her stomach, was she that comrade? It was after all, her fault Aria happened to be injured this badly. If she made her first shot, if she had resisted the charm speak...

She managed to ask in a troubled voice. "Are you hurt bad?" Her green eyes were wide with concern and guilt.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/21/2018, 4:32 am

Aria accepted the godly food gratefully. The ambrosia dissolved on her tongue, tasting of a comforting childhood recipe, long lost in time. The burning in her body subsided a little, cooling slowly bit by bit. It took her a few moments to manage speaking again. "I think... I think I need a moment," she said hoarsely. The ambrosia was doing its job but it was like the spell was lingering. Occasionally she'd feel a jolt or a sharp pain somewhere, panicking every time it happened as if she was about to be lifted off the floor again.
It would be lying if she said she hadn't heard what had happened between Katy and the empousa. Her blank mind hadn't stopped her ears from functioning. "How are... you doing?" she croaked, sitting up slowly.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/21/2018, 2:53 pm

Katy nodded the once. "It's okay, I think we have the time to rest." She cast a glance over her shoulder however, sliding her repeater crossbow closer. She flinched at Aria's question, looking away and down, as if suddenly a floorboard had become the most interesting object in existence. The other hunter remained silent, she did not answer the question for a long time. "I..." She began, shaking her head. "It's dangerous to heed the advice of demons because they speak both the truth and lies." She grimaced as if pained. "I... I don't know what to believe. I want to be a Hunter, I really do. But... Did the demon say that merely to undermine me or because it was true? Do I secretly believe what she spoke to me about in the darkest depths of my mind? I..." She shook her head, looking frustrated, guilt stricken and most upset. "I... I don't know." The words of the monster clearly had taken their toll on Katarina, her confidence, her self belief were gone, replaced only by doubt, guilt, suspicion and torment. She wanted to cry, but now was not the time nor the place to.
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/21/2018, 5:14 pm

Katy looked full of pain and doubt, her voice hesitated; it hurt to see her like that. Wait... hurt? Strangely, the daughter of Zeus realized she did feel empathy for the other Hunter, even though she had so often given her the cold shoulder and burst into arguments with her.
After a moment, Aria reached a hand out and clasped Katy's shoulder. "I know we've had our differences in the past... but you can talk to me." She looked at her seriously, "You and I, with the fathers we have, we've got to stick together. Do you want to tell me what's going on?" She made sure to word it so that Katy knew she had a choice: Aria was not going to force her to open up. If she wanted to let her thoughts out, she would be there for her. If Katy'd rather keep it to herself, Aria would also be there for her and respect that.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/21/2018, 5:42 pm

Katy felt Aria's hand suddenly on her shoulder. The gesture was comforting, relaxing. She managed a thin smile. "Thanks Aria." There was a pause. "You are a good friend." Not because Aria told Katarina what she wanted to hear, no Aria told Katy what she needed to hear, her mistakes, she called her out on them. Her lower lip trembled slightly, as if she might burst into tears at any moment. "I... Yes." She answered, her voice quiet, tight as if it pained her to speak the words. "Am I fit to be a Hunter?" She blurted out suddenly. Guilt gnawed at her heart, it was all Katy wanted to be. "As you said with our fathers... Can... I don't want to give into the temptation, but my powers, my abilities..." Katarina was proud of her paralysing kiss or at least appeared to be. "I... I see how people look at me, mortal, monsters, demigods." She rattled off the list. "I know the other Hunters disapprove. But what can I do?" Well stop responding to them, every time the Hunters visited camp, they usually had to drag her away from the Ares campers. "Do you think Artemis made a mistake in accepting my oath?" She asked suddenly, her tone grave and sad as she studied the floor once more. "Maybe you would all be better off without me as part of the Hunt."
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/24/2018, 5:15 am

Aria reached for her hand with her own sweat-covered one. "We wouldn't." Despite what she wanted, despite being in this for four hundred years, she identified with Katy's problem more than she'd like to admit. Sure, she wasn't flirting with demigods whenever they stayed at camp, but those feelings she had when Emily tied her hair up in a ponytail... or when Asina's eyes flashed with determination... those feelings were not very Hunt-appropriate. Not to mention her occasional but sentimental thoughts about Isaac, the son of Athena with whom she'd courted in her mortal days.
"You're yourself," Aria said. "Temptation is part of your heritage. I've also been dealing with, let's say, the implications of my own lineage." She looked into her eyes, still feeling dizzy, but strong enough to speak. "You can't change that, Katy, and you'd be a fool to think you could. But it doesn't keep you from being a Hunter, if that's what you wish."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/24/2018, 8:00 am

Katy felt her cheeks grow warm and her heart beat hasten at Aria's hand being atop her own. Her friend's words were kind, 'we wouldn't.' But the words of the demon still flickered in her mind, leaving her somewhat uncertain. She trusted Aria, she would not of said such a thing had she not believed it to be true. With some difficulty, she pushed aside her own desires and the lingering demonic words. It shamed her to even think it, let alone admit to it, but it was comforting to know she was not the only person who fought against such feelings. Yet it was a shame to think that there were others who sadly were in her shoes, if not to the same extent. Few expected to find a Daughter of Himeros amongst the Hunters. Katarina herself wouldn't, before she joined. "I don't want to stop being a Hunter." She whispered. "There's not yet been a demigod handsome or beautiful enough..." Katy stopped, feeling her cheeks flush with heat. She looked away. "I mean something appropriate and proper for a Hunter to say." Katarina fumbled for her flask of nectar. "Do you want some? She asked, before shrugging. "Or you can have some fruit juice."
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 5/24/2018, 7:29 pm

Aria laughed, although it came out as a rough, throaty chuckle. "You wouldn't be the first Hunter to talk like that. For some of us, this is hard, and there's nothing wrong with having these thoughts… as long as you don't act on them." She paused, then looked directly into Katy's eyes. "Decide what makes you happy. Then act on that. And most importantly, be honest with Lady Artemis. She may not understand romantic attraction, but she does respect it. Oh yes, thank you," she added, accepting the nectar. Another taste of childhood flowed into her mouth. She took a big gulp but had to restrain herself from drinking any more: already her body was filled by an uncomfortable warmth.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 5/24/2018, 8:22 pm

The redhaired girl nodded slowly, remembering all too well the temptations and in some certain dark cases savouring the moment when she yielded to it. Particularly when she indulged her power, it was all too easy for her to savour those brief snatches of total liberty. Where she was free to behave as her heritage desired and dictated. Such indulgence, Katy knew could easily curse her forever in the eyes of Artemis and fellow Hunters. "I would always be honest with her." She replied, choosing her words carefully. "Being a hunter makes me happy... As much..." She swallowed. "Not that I've been looking, but people always seem to be attracted to me instead of attracted to me as a person." She sighed shaking her head slowly. "I'm a Hunter, love, romantic attraction should not matter to me." The last sentence sounded forced, as if Katy wanted to make others believe that she believed it.

"Do you think you can walk?" Katy inquired, she knew Aria had taken a beating from the monster. She wanted to help her friend, she still felt responsible for what had occurred. If she had reacted faster, resisted sooner. Shameful temptations flickered through her mind, whispering softly to her of desires that were forbidden as she was a hunter. Katarina pushed them aside, she could not nor would not embrace them. They were a part of her yes, but a part closed, a path she could never walk. "Did you ever think your life would of been different?" She asked suddenly. There was a pause. "I mean.. I never imagined being a demigod, joining the hunt... Living as the same age." A little nervous giggle left her lips. "Remember when I paralysed that camper during capture the flag?" Her cheeks flushed at the memory. It worked as a distraction, there were a long list of people she used that kiss upon. "Now that was a good day. Still undefeated." Katy conveniently left out the part where it had been the Ares camper she happened to be talking to before the match. They merely had been talking about weapons and the guy had been from Poland. Katy, could not of stayed away if she wanted to. It felt like it had been a whole lifetime since she last saw or visited her homeland. The kiss had been part of the distraction, plus it meant one enemy was out of the game. Katarina usually ended up serving as a distraction, she drew attention, like a solitary light in otherwise pitch darkness. She shook her head. "I should of just hit him." She grumbled suddenly frowning. "Remind me not to show that power off to Artemis unless I have a sudden desire to become a shrew or a deer."
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2018, 9:05 am

OOC: I'm really sorry, I had a whole post typed up… and then my computer crashed. I was so disgusted I didn't have the strength to re-type it. Anyway, finally, here goes-

BIC: "Yeah, I remember," Aria sighed. She smiled half-heartedly, leaning on the couch as she struggled to her feet. It took a few tries but eventually the daughter of Zeus managed it. "I don't want to scare you, but she probably already knows about that power of yours. She is a goddess, you can't hide that from her, unless another deity is really protecting you. You don't have a godly sugar daddy, do you ?" She gave her friend a tired but playful wink, proud to have remembered some current slang.

However, she hadn't answer Katy's question right away. Of course she had thought about what her life would have looked like. In fact, up until the start of the 18th century, she had often wondered how it would have played out. Marriage? Kids? Nice manor somewhere around France? Endless court intrigues and gossip at balls? Granted Hera hadn't killed her first, of course.
"My life would have been very different…" she thought, trying to remember the hazy days of her childhood. "I used to look up to the ladies at the court, used to want to be like them. Wear silky get-ups and glitter with jewels. Powder my hair. I still do, sometimes. But by the gods… I don't think I would ever have been happy, would I?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindsey Callaghan on 6/1/2018, 8:30 pm

OOC: Oh no that is terrible, sends hugs.

BIC:

Katy let out a nervous giggle her cheeks flushing when Aria said that she remembered. Some of the other hunters had been less than impressed with that particular action. However, the colour drained from her face after Aria got to her feet and informed the daughter of Himeros that Artemis probably knew the about her power. She swallowed, her throat feeling suddenly dry, as if she feared the wrath of the Lady of the Hunt coming down on her at any moment. She opened her mouth to object, feeling herself grow hot from embaressment. "I... No!" The red head managed to stammer, though she briefly wondered if any of the Gods or even Goddesses possessed an interested in her. Maybe her father was protecting her from Artemis, but perhaps, maybe Artemis understood that she did wish to be a hunter and Katy's powers did possess their own uses.

She nodded slowly, then leaned forward and gently punched Aria in the shoulder. "Yeah, you wouldn't of got to see me." Katy winked at her flirtatiously. "After all you are..." Katarina paused mid sentence and shook her head. She did not want to flirt with Aria, at least not yet, not whilst she was still recovering from her wounds. It was widely inappropriate. Katy often flirted with her fellow Hunters, she did not intend to, it came out. She was such a flirt, worse than a daughter of Aphrodite or Venus some might dare to say. Yet, she was not a shameless flirt. Katarina did not wish to be flirty, she simply happened to be.
"You are one of my best friends Aria." She said quietly. "I do not wish to ever leave the Hunt because all of my friends are here with Artemis."
Lindsey Callaghan
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top