stumblin' home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stumblin' home

Post by muse on 5/29/2018, 11:50 am

welcome!
hey there, traveler! i'm muse, but you can also call my ty if you prefer, and this is my invite! so far i only have the one character because i'm just starting to get back into this, but hopefully i'll have some of my other children up on here soon. i'm on summer break until the end of august, so i have quite a bit of free time. i usually try to write a couple of paragraphs per response, but i'm pretty flexible and i can mimic whatever you do. i hope to rp with you soon!

harvey wilsonyou're still standing, so clearly you didn't run far enough.QUICK FACTSAPPEARANCEPERSONALITYHISTORYSOCIALET CETERA
QUICK FACTS.
NAME: harvey marcus wilson
NICKNAMES: harv

HEIGHT: 5'10"
WEIGHT: 165lbs
HAIR: long, dark brown. usually in either a “man bun” or a low ponytail to get it away from his face.
EYES: very dark brown, near black.has to wear glasses (though most of the time he wears contacts).

MARITAL STATUS: about as single as you can possibly get
SEXUALITY: bi bi bi

HOMETOWN: long island, new york
MORTAL PARENTS: his father is marcus wilson and his step-mother is caroline thorne. both are pretty awful people and he doesn't talk to them.
GOD PARENT: demeter

TRAITS:  sociable, leader. tries to be kind to everyone,  good at hiding when he can't stand people.has a knack for telling the worst dad jokes around.
DISLIKES: slow walkers, insects, spiders, the government, cheese
APPEARANCE.
face claim: thomas mcdonell
eyes: harvey’s eyes are a very dark brown, near black. before his powers manifested, they were closer to hazel, but something they did to him made them darker, as well as messing with his eyesight so that he now has to wear glasses (though most of the time he wears contacts).
hair: his hair is pretty long, about to his shoulders, and a dark brown colour. it’s a little bit wavy, and when he’s working out he usually puts it up in either a “man bun” or a low ponytail to get it away from his face.
height: 5’10”
weight: 165 lbs
build: lean
tattoos/piercings: none
scars: there’s one that’s about an inch long on the front of his right ankle, which he got from a biking accident. there are smaller thin ones scattered around his upper thighs, but he doesn’t let those be seen.
other notable features: very large ears
voice: typical for his age
clothing: he tries to look tougher than he is with his jacket and the combat boots he always wears, but he usually ruins the effect by wearing some nerdy t shirt under the jacket.
dominant hand: left
PERSONALITY.
personality summary: he's fairly sociable, having no problems becoming a leader of sorts for the little kids in his cabin. he tries to be kind to everyone, and he's gotten good at hiding when he really can't stand people. the mortals bother him a bit, mostly because they remind him of home and everything he's lost because of his powers.
emotional stability (out of ten): 7 → he keeps most things bottled up inside, which doesn't always end well.
sociability: 8 → he can be a bit reclusive at times, especially around mortals and adults. otherwise, he's a leader to the younger kids, especially those who were forced out of their homes due to their powers in a similar way to him.
dislikes: slow walkers, insects, spiders, the government, cheese
talents: he’s always had a knack for telling really, really, really awful jokes; he’s good at recognizing patterns
skills: he plays a mean trumpet, or at least he did, before he had to abandon his home. he probably still could, but he hasn’t touched an instrument in the last five years.
flaws: he can be incredibly arrogant at times, and he really doesn’t know when to shut his mouth. he’s pretty bad at talking about his feelings or himself in general, and he tends to wander away from conversations if they get boring or get too close to the topic of family.
strengths: he’s physically pretty strong, and because of the time he’s spent at camp he’s discovered pretty much everything there is to know about his powers. despite being terrible at talking about his own secrets, he’s pretty good at finding out other people’s and about the camp itself.
weaknesses: he can’t talk about himself to save his life. his aim is pretty awful, so he can’t throw anything and get within five feet of his target, which has limited his long range combat abilities. also, he’s an awful dancer.
HISTORY.
he doesn’t remember much before he got his powers, partially because young children have notoriously terrible memories, but also partially because he doesn’t want to remember it. he gets a few glimpses of beer bottles and broken glass in his nightmares every now and then, but nothing more.
he was in third grade when his powers first started manifesting. a stray plant appearing here, a lump of mud smacking the kids who bullied him there. he didn’t think much of them until one night when he got into a fight with his father. marcus had been drinking, and he started blaming harvey for everything that had gone wrong with harvey’s mother. he had raised a hand to hit harvey when they felt the house rumbling and a wall of rock burst through the floor, surrounding harvey. marcus tried his hardest after that night to find an explanation, first through science, and then when that failed through his faith, but his searches turned up blank. he kept trying to be a parent for three months, but he kept drinking and spiraling deeper into his hatred of harvey and of harvey’s mother, and eventually he was contacted by a recruiter from camp who had noticed the strange phenomena following harvey around. it took marcus twelve hours to arrange a meeting and give away his son to the stranger.
FRIENDS.

THREADS.

THREAD TITLE

Character Name · Character Name
Thread summary here.

THREAD TITLE

Thread summary here.

THREAD TITLE

Thread summary here.

ET CETERA.

abilities: plants grow oddly well if he stands near them
powers: terrakinesis, essentially. he likes to build things out of rocks. sometimes he remembers the door. sometimes he has to hope someone with a sledgehammer passes by.
name. ty     timezone. eastern     code. tessisamess

Last edited by muse on 7/20/2018, 7:11 pm; edited 5 times in total
muse

Female
Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2014-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stumblin' home

Post by Jinjaku on 5/29/2018, 12:42 pm

Looks good! Can't wait :)
Jinjaku

Male
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2015-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnsRainbow on 5/30/2018, 8:29 am

Hey' muse I'm really bad at being smooth so I'm just gonna ask:can he and my son of Athena be romantic interests? David is super gay, really into geology & earth science, and enjoys long runs on the beach. Here's his form --> click
FinnsRainbow

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muse on 5/30/2018, 3:31 pm

hi! once he gets approved i'd love to have them hang out! maybe starting as running buddies and seeing where it goes from there?
muse

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muse on 6/18/2018, 12:57 pm

not to double post but -
updated with full character info and semi-functional html!
muse

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: