Lazy Day (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lazy Day (Open)

Post by Salzem on 5/31/2018, 5:52 pm

Another day... another couple hours spent doing nothing productive. It was sometime in the late afternoon, the sun slowly beginning to dip from it's highest perch and Aaron had finally managed to complete his... *sigh* "required" training regiment. He had been looking forward to this ALL day, just so he could sit around, stare at the feel the breeze on his skin as his body slowly caved to his insomnia. At first, that's exactly what he did. He wandered around camp (giving the Ares cabin the widest berth he could reasonably afford), finding a nice tree to lay under to watch the sky' change. He slid his arms out of the strap holding his claymore to his back, setting the blade at his side as she nestled up comfortably against the rough bark, tucking his hands into his grey hoodie belly-pockets, content with himself. He watched several other demigods fiddle around with their camply duties: the Aphrodites and their disgustingly over makeup-ed selves running around trying to attract the more attractive guys, the Hephaestus kiddos coming too and fro from the forge covered in soot, and then there were some other guys he didn't quite recognize, doing things too uninteresting for him to care about for long. Nobody came up to him, however, despite Aaron being right there in the open. In fact, very few even bothered to spare him a glance, even as he watched them with mind interest go about their tasks.

He preferred it this way... It saved him the energy of explaining the notion of sitting under a tree to folks that couldn't grasp it's deep, intricate nature. He could sleep here... Maybe he would choose too when his father deemed him worthy to visit him once again. Hypnos hadn't been to generous with allowing Aaron to enter his realm recently, forcing him to brave this noisy and.... populated world of the waking for almost a full 18 hours. He couldn't help but smile as he recounted the amount of time he'd been awake thus far. He remembered looking in the mirror back at his cabin and laughing softly to himself, his face almost looking like it was melting off! Those bags under his eyes though! Ah... he could only imagine what an Aphrodite would do if she saw herself in the mirror as he did...

Chuckling again, he let out a heavy sigh and pressed up against the tree, his eyes steadily growing heavy...

"...Oh...?" He mumbled to himself as a wave of exhaustion washed over him. "Now you let me sleep, dad...?" Of course, there was no response. Gods were like that, apparently. "...Mmmeh... Whatever..." And like that, he was out.... For about 15... 20 minutes. His eyes fluttered back open and the sky had faded from it's normal light blue to a light yellow-orange, a signal that evening was nigh as well as curfew. Ugh... And his cabin was, like... all the way over on there and he didn't feel like walking... Letting out a soft groan, Aaron rolled up to his feet, stretching out his back and brushing the loose bark and leaves off his hoodie. Grabbing his blade (which somehow went undisturbed, Aaron strapped it to his back once again as dust and dirt from the ground began to coagulate at his feet. It reached up like a pair of tentacles lightly touching his shoulder blades, the cloud of dust and sand, growing thicker and thicker until it's air-like quality took on more of a solid-like texture, more like the shape of a wing! Feathers of lighter dirt dotted the new appendages, bending and contorting with the gentle breeze that blew through the camp. With a flap, Aaron was propelled far into the air, hovering above the camp... In another, he shot himself towards the minor-god's section, his attention drifting somewhat as he flew... definitely not smart... But getting a tired guy to pay attention was like making fire cold.

(Uses Flight ability for Aaron to generate wings of a sandy dirt-like substance, allowing him to fly for 3 posts.)
Salzem

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2018-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lazy Day (Open)

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2018, 9:23 am

Morgan usually didn't run into people. Especially if she was flying. Sure, she had collided with a few pegasi every now and then, but that's demigod life for you.
Her cabin duties were done for today. Now that summer session was in full swing and Lou Ellen was back, they boiled down to babysitting the newbies and doing damage control for her siblings' spells. (He wasn't trying to turn your pants into an amphora, I swear!)
But now that sing-alongs were over and everyone had trickled back into their cabins, the time had come to break curfew. It had taken patience, sweat, and a lot of unfortunate crash-landings, but Morgan had finally learned to create Mist wings. Not only that, but also to fly with them. She had enough practice by now to avoid the harpies regularly during her night escapades, as getting eaten by angry summer camp staff was a common hazard here (a few claw marks on her arms showed that it had almost gone wrong a few times).
So tl;dr, if she could escape harpies, there was no reason she would crash into someone in the middle of the sky. Yet it happened. It probably wasn't totally her fault either, given that the dude looked half asleep. "Whoa there!" she exclaimed, flapping her wings to stabilize in mid-air. Hers were covered with dark feathers but his looked strange. They were made out of a trickling yellow substance like...  "Dude, are your wings made out of sand?" she asked, still holding her forehead where the two had collided.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15612
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/1/2018, 10:12 am

Aaron didn't usually run into people either, though that was due to there being few people that can actually fly the way he can and that they are usually more awake than he was. Due to this, he was able to avoid with collisions with his more aware campers... though pegasi were more frequent obstacles. NOT TODAY, though! No, this time, his head collided head on with another camper! He saw her... he definitely saw her coming but his brain didn't process the image fast enough. It was like the helpful thought *DODGE* was slogging through his brain like syrup, reaching the necessary bits a second after he smashed into the girl.

Pain was far more swift on the terrain of an exhausted mind than self-preservation as his forehead immediately flared up as it smashed into the girl's, forcing him to a dead halt!

"AH!" He gasped, a hand shooting up to cradle his head as if that would soothe the ache. "What the-" He bit his tongue, his wings shooting wide to negate the force of the recoil that would send him back down to earth. Slowly, one of his dark-ringed eyes opened, revealing a bright (almost demonic) green eye, the orb bloodshot, revealing just what had distracting him from his flying.

"....Oh."
He muttered, realizing just what he had cracked his skull on. Great... it was a person. That's exactly what he needed right now. He expected the girl to go off on him, question what was WRONG with him that he couldn't see where he was going, who did he think he was to just barrel into her like that... He expected to be required to take insults but... Instead the first thing she did was to marvel at his own wings, asking if they were made of sand. He blinked at that, taken slightly aback by her lack of aggression. He didn't respond at first, too busy looking over the girl in front of him curiously. Meh... She was cute, he supposed, not at all the artificial beauties that paraded about the Camp under the name of the love-goddess. She definitely had bulk... t'wasn't much, but it was noticeable. Meh... Probably already taken... no point in musing any longer.

"...Not exactly." He responded with a sigh, trying to brush off the anxious aggravation crawling up his spine, that which he hid behind a painfully blank expression. "Sleep dust. Mr. Sandman... Bring me your dreams?" He murmured, his tone and pitch making a poor mimicry of that old song. "Yeah... uh... Aaron Taylor. Son of Hypnos. And yes, before you even say it, I am aware my half-brother, Morpheus, had a hand in the war against the Gods. I am certain everyone knows I know now." His voice seemed to hold almost a defensive edge, as if the girl would suddenly turn on him upon realizing his identity. Maybe she would. It's happened enough for him to earn his barbed tongue.
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/1/2018, 3:39 pm

That edge in his voice could've cut through stone. Morgan held her hands up and chuckled, "It's chill. My mother's Hecate. She also had a big hand in the war, and so did most of my claimed siblings. I know what you're talking about." Still batting her wings to stay in mid-air, more or less at eye-level with Aaron Taylor, her focus went back to the trickling sand wings. "What exactly is sleep dust? I've never heard of it before." And trust her, she heard a lot of things before. After all, she had stolen books from Circe's library. Strange unguents, slimy potions, draughts who liked to climb out of the cauldron, all these were quite familiar to her. But sleep dust? Was the Sand Man real?
She reached out a hand slowly. "If I touch it, will I fall asleep?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/1/2018, 4:13 pm

Aaron, again, was caught by surprise as the girl just casually brushed off their... uh... "meeting" as "chill". Well... Wasn't she easy going? All for the best, he supposed. If she had the temperament of one of those Ares kids, he would've been out of here a LONG time ago. As if being surprised twice in one day wasn't enough, the girl continued to explain that her mother, Hecate, had done some things too during the war and that she understood his initial caution. Well... Give him a scythe and call him Thanatos... He had thought he was the only one taking such passive (and sometimes very) aggressive treatment. He wondered how she kept such a chill front when the other campers wanted a piece of her, assuming her situation with her fellow Half-blood was the same. Maybe she had more patience for stupid people than he did. Maybe they left her alone because she had a burning temper underneath. That made him more curious, if what she was saying was true... And why wouldn't it be? She had wings glittering with gold-dust!

Apparently entranced by one another's wings, the two floated there for a bit, their wings flapping lightly in the evening light as they simply observed one another. He could already start to feel the ice around his heart beginning to crack a little bit, the small flickers of a grin starting to manifest int he corners of his mouth. Her kindness was the fourth surprise in just one evening, a pleasant one at that... Maybe he'd ask her name... Maybe... Perhaps later.

The girl seemed curious by his explanation, apparently not drawing the connection between his father and the creature the public knew as the "Sandman". He didn't blame her over-much. It's not like Hypnos was a big cheese and that everyone should know every bit of trivia about them.

"You know how your eyes get all crusty and stuff? Well that crust is sleep-dust. You get it in your eyes, it helps you sleep. Property of Hypnos, the god of. Everyone tends to get him mixed up with Morpheus, but it's Dad who's the Sand-man given his trademark." The girl reached out slowly, questioning if she would pass out if she touched it. That brought a smile to his face... He couldn't help it. It just... broke out.

"Heh... Uh... no. Not if I don't will it and not if you don't get it in your eyes."
He confirmed. If the stranger kept reaching, she would feel the gentle flow of sand over her fingers as she touched it, his feathers soft, but rough like the substance they were made from. His wings were really starting to drizzle out now... He had maybe a little while before he had to descend and be on his way. Before he had too, however, he too reached out curiously, his own fingers attempting to grace the feathers of this girl's... They looked almost... Illusion-esk... He couldn't quite tell if they were real wings or just a construct...

"What's your name...?" He finally inquired, having not caught hers after he introduced himself. Perhaps she already had and he nodded off for a moment. T'was possible... He hoped he didn't make this awkward....
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/3/2018, 2:56 am

"Oh, I'm Morgan," she said. "Sorry i haven't introduced myself." She blinked in the darkness, still extending her hand to touch Aaron's wings. "I remember that from class. Hypnos is like the big boss of sleep but Morpheus is also one of the three dream gods, right?"
She touched his wings and her eyes widened in curiosity and wonder. The feathers were not like anything she'd ever touched before. Fluid, but not water; compact, but not fully solid; they slipped through her hands like grainy silk. The flowing sand made her think of an endless hourglass, the way it moved around slowly. This sleep dust thing was some serious stuff.
She made a mental note to hang out more with Hypnos kids - cookies and milk were obviously not the only cool things about their cabin. (That and also, the bit where they have a bowl of actual water from the river Lethe just, casually dripping over their fireplace. No big deal.) She would probably have hung around more but the aura of sleep and forgetfulness emanating from that cabin made her way more uncomfortable than she'd like to admit.

Speaking of sleep. It was getting tiring, beating her wings like that in mid air. Her energy was decreasing fast from upholding the spell. She didn't know how much longer she could keep it going before her wings poofed back to raw Mist.

"Hey, how about we land somewhere? Getting sort of tired here, and the harpies will be out soon."

She knew a little grove near Zephyros creek where they would be safe. It was her go-to spot every time she needed a quick getaway, and it felt like they could use a quick getaway anytime now. She didn't know about Aaron, but she didn't fancy being harpy dinner tonight.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/3/2018, 11:08 am

"Nice to meet you... I guess." Aaron shrugged, his fingers gracing the feathers that made up this girl's wings. They felt real enough... She wondered just what kind of demigod she was, able to conjure wings out of nowhere the way she apparently did... Hecate maybe...? The reach of their abilities is virtually unlimited. Whatever... Didn't matter to him, he supposed. What DID matter was that the sun was starting to fall behind the horizon and that his wings were starting to come undone... Oh boy... he did NOT want to fall from this distance... Getting ready to descend, Morgan remarked how it'd be a good idea they hit the ground before the harpies notice they were out. He smirked at that. The dark humor of their very real impending doom at the claws of Camp Security was just... funny somehow.

"Yeah. Uh.... Probably a good idea."
He agreed, slowing the flapping of his wings so gravity could slowly tug him back down to earth. At least his cabin wasn't far now... Maybe a 5 minute walk. 3 if he ran. The Harpies had a little while yet, but their awakening grew ever closer... Unless they got lost or distracted somehow, the two of them should be able to get back to their cabins with time to spare.

Upon touching the ground, his wings would collapse behind him in a pile of dust, their use completely expended.

"Well..." He sighed, rolling his shoulders and neck, trying to work out the burn of exhaustion that came with such techniques. "I guess we should get moving, hmm?" He stuffed his hands in his hoodie pockets at let out a soft yawn, beginning his walk towards the minor-gods cabins. "So... how did you do that with your wings and stuff?" He asked curiously, looking Morgan over. "I don't see many people flying around."

Last edited by Salzem on 6/4/2018, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/4/2018, 8:27 am

Morgan glided back to the ground in slow circles, finally dropping to her feet. Her wings dissolved into wisps of fog. "This?" she asked. "It's the Mist. You know, the thing that distorts how mortals see things...?" She made a grabbing gesture and opened her palm, revealing a handful of white vapor. "If you know how to control it, you can learn how to shape it. The Mist can take on any form you want, turn into anything you like." As she talked, the vapour in her hand changed to fire, then water, slid to her fingertips, and turned into a set of miniature northern lights. "It's not easy, but it got me out of some very sticky situations," she whispered with a chuckle, watching the northern lights dance across her hand, glowing blue and green and purple.
Mistforms were more difficult than illusions, but it was best to start small… she didn't want to give away all her secrets at once. Especially not now, in the night. The sun had dipped below the horizon and she knew she'd have to go back soon, but she didn't want to leave just now. She wanted to hear more about sleep dust and how it worked.

"Yes, let's get moving," she agreed, shaking her limbs to get some sort of feeling in them again. Flying often turned them numb. However, just as she was going to start walking back, something rustled in the tree nearest to them. She looked up, squinting at the dark shape. "Uh, Aaron?" she breathed, grabbing his wrist. "Do you see that?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/5/2018, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/4/2018, 9:25 am

"Mist?" Aaron's eyes widened almost instantly upon that one word reaching his ears, his attention instantly earned. He ALWAYS had a profound interest in the veil that hid mortals from the real world, especially how it kept their 5 senses suppressed to the secret wars going on within their very own cities and such! It was such a powerful illusion, something nothing less than a god could create and it was so elegant in it's deception... It was like the biggest magic trick ever designed by anything alive, able to make everyone think of their lives as "normal" as war was literally waged around them. If THAT wasn't an example of masterful string-pulling, he had no idea what was.

And apparently that wasn't the only use for the mist, just the one everybody talks about. Morgan went on to explain that such a construct had other uses... like making wings apparently! What's more, she could create elemental items such as fire/water/etcetera that manifested in her palm. The son of Hypnos knew not what to make of this... He knew Hecate was... well... magical but able to turn an illusionary force like the Mist into a fireball? It was like an unlimited supply of ammunition! He couldn't help but feel a little jealous. If he had that kind of power, the things he'd make and the things he could do would keep him entertained for years, just experimenting! And here he was, only able to put people to sleep... CURSE IT! Life could be so cruel...

"That... Is so cool." Aaron spoke a-matter-of-factly, his expression brightening at the acquiring of this new knowledge. "I had no idea you could do ANY of that with the mist. I thought..." It was just then that he noticed the change in his surroundings. Specifically, the lighting had dropped substantially... What once was covered in a rich orange glow was now coated in a thick, dark blue as the sun had dipped behind the horizon. A cold claw of fear gripped his stomach as the rustling in the trees behind him forced 2 and 2 together in the worst realization possible:

It was night... and the Harpies were out.

CURSE IT! HE COMPLETELY MISCALCULATED! Now he and Morgan were going to die because he was STUPID enough to linger here! He turned to face the rustling in the leaves just as the girl grabbed his arm, his jaw clenching in anticipation as his free hand snaked towards his sword... She asked if she could see it... and yeah... Yeah, he could see the figure crouched atop the branches, it's features obscured by the dark with the only exception being it's deep, hungry eyes.

"...Yeah...." He whispered back, a cold chill up slithering up his spine. "...Get ready to run..." Gods, he was gonna try to be heroic, wasn't he? Gonna create a distraction so Morgan to escape...? Well... when he dies a horrible death at the claws of these stupid half-chickens, he hopes she remembers why.

Without any warning, not even a sound of it's wings spreading, the creature lunged for them, it's speed... nearly blinding in the low light.

"GO!" He roared, ripping his hand away. This wouldn't work if she was close! If she didn't get away from him NOW, she was gonna die, he was gonna die and this whole heroism thing would've been just another embarrassment on the long list he'd hear about when he'd meet his uncle for the first time. Suddenly, dust would rip up all around him, forming a massive 5x5 meter barrier around him, as thick as a sandstorm though it seemed to swirl around him like a vortex. The movement of the sand caught the beast's eye and it instantly lunged for Aaron, but the instant it entered the sand, it's body went limp, crashing HARD into the ground at his feet, it's body slowly rising and falling as it breathed... passed out. Aaron froze, staring down at the bird thing, his toe gently nudging it... No response...

"Holy lord mother of Tartarus... I'm alive..." He marveled at that for a moment before sense bled back into him once again, the halfblood taking off to follow Morgan a good 6 meters behind. He could already feel the claws of the other harpies cutting at his back but whether or not they knew of their presence yet or not he didn't know... He didn't dare look back.
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/5/2018, 5:46 am

"Run? Are you serious?" Morgan had battled a dozen of monsters on her Quest; not to mention her combat mission in Delphi. And now this dude asked her to run from a couple harpies? Her stygian iron sword was already in her hand, her shield circled open to its full size.
But Aaron knew what he was doing, she realized. Instead of stabbing the harpy, which would earn them two weeks of chores (killing camp staff was strictly prohibited) he simply… put it to sleep. The harpy had fallen to the ground in a heap, snoring peacefully.
But a gaggle of her angrily screeching sisters was not far behind. Talons and beaks glinted in the darkness. Aaron ran past her and she followed, rummaging through her pockets as she ran. Come on, she had got to have more potions than that! She squinted at the labels in the darkness. Foreign language potion, Temporary memory loss, Ginger beard… Okay, why on earth did she pack a potion to grow a beard? Ginger beards looked great and she wouldn't mind trying one out, but... seriously? Salem must be at it again, switching the draughts in her pockets. She'd always had sticky fingers and a mind for mischief.
The harpies were growing closer. Morgan could practically feel their breath on her back as she tore through the dark with Aaron. Where were they headed? No clue. Her night vision was surprisingly bad tonight.
Panting hard, she glanced over her shoulder. One of them, tawny-feathered, was way too close.
"Uh, see you later," she tossed a potion labelled Instant oaks behind her. The moment that little vial hit the ground, a thick tree sprouted up from the grass, reaching for the sky. Its unfurling branches hit at least three harpies, judging from the groans and shrieks. The ones behind them caught up though, and Morgan covered the distance between her and Aaron as fast as possible. "Hey," she breathed. "Have you ever shadow-traveled?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/5/2018, 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/5/2018, 10:25 am

(couldn't help but feel this was appropriate xb
Spoiler:

Yup yup. The last thing he wanted was to kill one of those things and get chores. Yeah. That's exactly what he was thinking about right now. In reality, it was more along the lines of NOT DYING! One could say that was a pretty solid motivation. As for why he didn't kill the creature... They didn't really have the time. If they stopped for but a moment, they would be surrounded and gutted, another "unfortunate fatality" to the camp staff. These harpies were FAST and it seemed that taking out one (no matter how quietly) alerted the others to their presence. OH GOODY! As if one wasn't enough! Aaron started sprinting towards the camp lodges, his expression contorting to frustration as Morgan either couldn't or didn't keep up with him, the longer-legged taller half-blood overtaking her easily.

"Gods..." He hissed, defusing his sleep-control before the girl could slip within it's bounds and pass out. Were they seriously going to JOG leisurely all the way to safety!? Did she think the Harpies would let them do that!? Swallowing the erge to just leave her there, the son of Hypnos slowed down so that he matched pace with her while he ran slightly ahead. He glanced over at her... only to see Morgan rummaging through her pockets, fiddling with all sorts of vials. He stared, completely dumbstruck...

"Is now the best TIME for that!?" He asked,  incredulously. Well... apparently it was because she dropped one right in front of a harpy as it closed in for the kill, a massive TREE springing out in front of it! He didn't look back... only heard the collective *thunks* of several bodies slamming into the oaken trunk. He couldn't help but snicker at that. Ah schadenfreude...

"...Dude. I think you killed them." He mentioned somewhat jokingly, trying  to keep his own nerves from flaying themselves raw! Morgan was faster than she looked, the two of them breaking into full speed! ...Even so, the harpies began their pursuit once again, having untangled themselves from the instant-oak. Curses... it was too good to be true. Noticing this too, Morgan asked something, something that he either heard wrong... or heard right.

"Shadow-what!?" He asked, revealing he had not, in fact traveled through shadows.
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/7/2018, 5:38 am

"Okay, don't freak out!" She grabbed his hand and jumped forward into the darkness. Everything suddenly became cold and eery. No trees rustling, no night birds chirping far away. Wind blew in their faces like icy blades, threatening to tear their skin off. It was quiet, except for strange noises every now and then that sent a cold shiver down her spine. Morgan steeled herself; she knew that they were not in danger unless she lost her focus. Just think of Zephyros Creek.
But if she lost control, if they strayed from their path… Hecate children liked to tell tales of demigods lost in the shadows to frighten newbies. They'd been spun into ghost stories, harmless chills fit for a camp fire, but as she sailed through the darkness with Aaron in tow, they became oddly vivid.

Eventually the shadows spat them out on the shores of a starlit creek. The moon was shining faintly in the sky, a slim crescent like polished ivory. Morgan rolled in the sand, panting hard. Her face was beaded with sweat. "That… was fun?" she croaked. She had forgotten how taxing shadow-traveling was. She needed at least a few minutes now to recover, get her heart to stop pounding.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/7/2018, 9:22 am

"Don't freak out!?" Aaron protested, feeling his heart-rate spike in anticipation. "What are you-" His sentence cut off as he felt Morgan slip her hand in his, his eyes shooting down to stare at their intertwined hands. When he looked up... They were no longer in any place he recognized but a whisp-filled dimension of black. His eyes shot around for anything he could recognize, landmarks that would confirm they were still in camp half-blood. Trees, a road, something... ANYTHING familiar... Nothing... nothing but a flaying, bladed wind that threatened to shred their skin from their bone... The son of Hypnos didn't dare say a word or do anything that would pull Morgan from her focus, afraid that if she lost it for but a moment... they too would be lost. This dimension... It wasn't meant for their kind. It was harsh... cruel... Prolonged existence here would drive one mad if it didn't kill you first! And somehow... he imagined death would've been preferable to the things that might lurk here... In the shadows...

It wasn't long (thank god) before the two of them returned back to normal space, the two of them practically spat out into reality with such force, it sent them flying! Aaron was lucky enough to land on his hands and knees (if roughly), Morgan sent flying, rolling into the sand. The halfblood glanced up, checking his surroundings as he attempted to get his breathing under control... It was some kind of...beach? The stars were bright here as was the crescent moon upon the water, all coming together to create a beautiful scene at night... Even Aaron could appreciate this natural artistry.

"F-fun!?" Aaron declared, his attention drawn back to the girl who'd saved him. "That was...." A smile was starting to cut through the horrified visage. He tried to suppress it, to be SERIOUS after they literally traveled through hell itself... but he couldn't... it was too strong! A wide grin spread across his face as he just started laughing, unable to cope with the insanity of tonight in any serious way. Laughter... It was the only thing he had that could help cope with this ridiculousness.  

"Heh... Yeah... Okay, fine. That was pretty cool." He conceded, pulling himself up to his feet only to sit himself down next to Morgan as she recovered her strength. At least for the moment (wherever they were), the Harpies had lost their trail. They were safe... for now. They could enjoy quick rest.

"Geez... What ELSE can you do?"
Aaron inquired nudging Morgan's shoulder with his hand semi-playfully. "You can control the mist AND jump into hell-dimensions? I would ask if you could fly too but... uh... I know that already."
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfleet on 6/8/2018, 3:05 pm

Was it considered creepy listening over people’s conversations right before the patrol harpies started chasing after them? She wouldn’t know. Not that she’d ever really been caught out of her cabin at night. Valerie always made sure she stayed hidden. Sure, she had more limited control over the ground opposed to the children of Hades at camp, but shadows are easy to manipulate. Now that she had heard what the Hypnos kid say, she was very curious. The River Lethe...She has spent enough time in the Underworld to know. Could she get some of it? Erase her bad memories? But wouldn’t that be abandoning your only friend? Sighing, she stepped out of the shadows. Snapping her fingers, a spectral figure appeared in front of her. It stared at her for a few moments, then laughed. “You should really stop summoning me back at random times, Val. Elysium is great! I can do whatever I want here.”
“Oh, can’t a friend see her friend? Besides, there are ways I could bring you back alive-“
“No, Val. You can’t just do that. As much as I want to be alive too, cheating your dad is either impossible or means losing something great. You mustn’t risk this for me.” And then the figure faded away. She stumbled back into the silent camp clearing. She thought the harpies were gone. She was wrong. With a screech, claws dug into her back. Thankfully she had thought to bring Harbinger with her. She didn’t want to leave a mess here in the middle of camp, nor did she want others to be alerted, or find out she was out of her cabin. Her sword won’t be of much use if she wanted to do this. She crashed down onto the lawn with the momentum, throwing the harpy off. Waving her hand quickly, its screeching was silenced. Another wave of her hand, shadows sprang up and formed a cocoon around the harpy. She calmly walked away, brushing the grass of her leggings. The shadows would dissolve when the sun comes up, she thought. A soul for a soul... There was a story spreading around camp someone from the Hades cabin had once tried that without success, during the second Titan War.

Nightfleet

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/8/2018, 8:15 pm

Morgan hesitated, then caught Aaron's eye and burst into laughter with him. As she chuckled in the darkness, the tension between her shoulders eased gradually. Comfort and exhaustion washed over her and she realized she could easily nap right here and there.
If, of course, it weren't for the fact that they had landed at the edge of a mythological forest full of monsters.

"I guess I have some potions up my sleeve," she said and shook her arm, a few mini-amphoras clattering into her hand. "Literally." She spent most of her days brewing and preparing them, or picking her way through camp trying to find herbs. Being a witch was a full-time job.

Suddenly, she sat up. There was something in the air… something that wasn't right. The temperature dropped significantly, and the night birds were unnaturally quiet. A faint smell hung in the air; it took her some time to put her finger on it. Poplar.

"There are ghosts out tonight," Morgan mumbled, rising to her feet. Still half-covered in sand, she approached the deep darkness of the forest, trying to make out where this came from. Had someone summoned the soul, or was it wandering by the neglect of some god? Squinting, she managed to make out glowing wisps, far away, like a shining reflection of a person. Who had decided to summon the dead at this hour? But the wisps disappeared and the person who'd called it was swallowed by shadows.

"Well, tonight was uneventful," Morgan said sarcastically.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/9/2018, 11:48 am

The two halfbloods shared a quick laugh together just at the sheer ridiculousness and danger they found themselves in, a healthy and natural way to relieve their tension. It was the only thing they could do after being chased down and nearly ripped to shreds by half-bird monster women. When the son of Hypnos inquired as to what other abilities Morgan might have up her sleeve. Well... potions!... Apparently. Aaron marveled at the light clacking of the glass vials as Morgan waggled her arm a bit, letting him know just how many she had tucked away up there.

"...Amazing..."
He whispered. "Yo, what other potions do-" Suddenly he stopped, they both did, the air around them dropping several degrees. Well... that's never good is it? It felt like a breeze had just blown through, but it's presence did not leave. It's chilling effects tainted their air, almost nipping at their skin. That meant either some monster or something... or a demigod... He couldn't tell which would be worse right now. If these was some other kid out here among these monster-ridden woods, they would be obligated to save them... right? And that meant putting themselves in harms way... Possibly getting hurt really... REALLY badly.

Aaron slowly got to his feet, drawing his claymore once again. Morgan took the lead, peering deep into the forests as she got to her feet.

"What do you see...?"
He asked, readying his blade. Silence... One second. Two seconds... Thre- Morgan mumbled something, something about the ghosts being out tonight... Oh... Well... That was good.... he supposed. The dead were rarely a threat to the living, especially the souls of the long deceased. So long as they stayed noncaporial, they had nothing to worry about!... Yet. Aaron let out a heavy breath of relief before sheathing his blade, Morgan glancing back to remark how "uneventful" tonight had been.

"HA! Yeah." Aaron snorted, crossing his arms. "Like any other day in the life of a half-god." He chuckled a little at that, his laughter dying on his lips after a moment as he noticed the night growing ever darker. His eyes darted throughout the black-veiled woods, his eyes desperately trying to see through it "But seriously... Best if we make our way back. The Harpies probably have our scent or whatever. It's only a matter of time before they find us again, right? I don't think we want to be caught here... in the open."
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfleet on 6/9/2018, 11:52 am

She heard the sound of people behind her. It must be the two from earlier. Scowling, she wondered if they had seen her. She calmly shadow travelled behind them just in time to hear “caught... in the open.”
“By what? Caught by me? I hope you don’t bump into any ghosts on your way.” She secretly wondered if they had seen her summoning the spirit.

Nightfleet

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/10/2018, 6:35 pm

"Okay, but give me another five minutes," she panted. "I really need to brea-"

Something rustled behind them and Morgan jumped around, a knife flashing into her hand. The stygian iron gleamed faintly in the moonlight.
The girl looked a few years younger than them but there was something dark about her. Morgan's eyes moved over her, noticing the way the shadows seemed to cling to her. Definitely an Underworld demigod.

"Depends. Are you going to summon some more?" Morgan asked. She lowered her knife but did not put it away; she didn't trust strange girls roaming the forest and summoning the dead at night. Sure, she had summoned the dead once or twice herself, but she knew to watch out for spirits and resentful ghosts. This girl smelled of death though, she didn't need to be a daughter of Hecate to realize that.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfleet on 6/10/2018, 7:06 pm

Valerie shrugged. “Well, depends on what you know and what I know. Besides, that’s a lot to say for you two going on a date night.” She steeled her nerves, then blurred out the question she had wanted to ask. Her bones seemed to chill and rebel against what she would do. “Do you know a way to revive the dead? Being a daughter of Hecate, I mean. Preferably without casualties?”

Nightfleet

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/11/2018, 2:12 pm

Aaron nodded, ready to give Morgan her minute... before suddenly a voice suddenly manifested behind them! In time with his partner for the moment, the halfblood quickly drew his smaller sword, pointing it in the direction of the newcomer as he turned to face it... before discovering it was just another halfblood... Oh.. Great. This was bad for a number of reasons. First of all, whenever a group of halfbloods are together in one place, it's NOT called a zoo, but it's called "trouble". Monsters are attracted to the presence of these godly beings and seeing as they are out in the open at night with not only HARPIES hunting them, but the monsters of this wood too, they were not safer together.

Aaron glared at the Hades girl, slowly lowering his own blade, but he didn't put it away... 3 was a crowd, after all and to monsters, it was like a crowd with a fog-horn blowing constantly. At any moment they could be attacked... He knew it... He could feel it and it wasn't just the unease that came with being around a child of the dead.

"Ghosts...?" Aaron inquired. "So you were the one summoning them." His question went unanswered as Morgan followed it up with her own, asking if this new girl was going to summon more. Both were met with a shrug, the girl remarking about the.... "Date... night." That forced a slight blush across the face of the child of Hypnos, his eyes flicking to Morgan for a quick second.

So... She's single after all...?

"You got it all wrong!" Aaron protested perhaps a bit to quickly for his own image. "We're not... dating. We're just trying to find our way back to the cabins." In any case, the girl didn't seem too interested in what they were doing. She turned to Morgan, noting her status as a daughter of Hecate... somehow knowing without hearing before... at least as far as Aaron knew. Did Hecate have authority over the dead...? Could Morgan RAISE the dead!? His exhausted mind was spinning... nothing made sense.

Instead of protesting further, he simply shut his trap and stood guard while the two girls talked it out, keeping his ears open for nearby monsters. Speaking of which... he thought he heard something in the forest... It could've been coming their way but... he wasn't sure...
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/11/2018, 7:46 pm

"Yeah you're right, date nights and summoning ghosts are totally comparable," Morgan shot back. She glanced at Aaron Taylor, who was vehemently denying the allegations, and chuckled quietly. Wait, was he blushing? She couldn't quite see in the dark. But when she heard the girl's question, her chuckle turned into a dry laugh. "Revive the dead? You've got to be joking." That was impossible. The whole point of being dead, of going to the Underworld, was that you had to stay there. People who tried to bring a loved one back never had much success. Just ask Orpheus. The only person who'd managed it was Nico, and he was a son of Hades. This girl smelled of death, but it wasn't as strong as the aura he exuded. She must be the daughter of a minor deity; Melinoe maybe, or Thanatos.
She looked over the girl a second time. She was young, seemed determined. But determination could be a very dangerous trait, especially in this situation. Countless demigods had asked that exact question over the years. Over the centuries, probably. Someone really should make a FAQ at this point, Morgan thought.
"You're not gonna like what I'm about to tell you," she started. "But as you said, I'm the daughter of Hecate. The goddess of necromancy. And I can assure you that if there was a safe, casualty-free way of reviving the dead, they'd be walking among us already."
Trust me, she thought. I'd do it if it were possible. But if she said that, she'd have to go on about the friends that she lost, whom she missed, and she didn't feel like doing that right now. Bit too personal for two people she'd just met.
Something rustled in the darkness, branches cracking faintly. Was it the wind? Or something more… material? Morgan suddenly realized how exposed they were, standing on this crescent of a beach, with the trees literally two meters behind them. Anything could be watching them, hidden snugly in the shadows.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/11/2018, 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfleet on 6/11/2018, 7:54 pm

Valerie realised that too, and turned aroun the face the shadows, drawing her sword. Well, then, she thought, I’ll just have to visit her as a spirit. It did seem bad, she had never directly countered the way her father reaped souls, only indirectly shielding her friends from him beforehand. And she didn’t want to kill a legacy of an Olympian or an innocent mortal. But that’ll mean when I meet her again in he Underworld, she’ll be the same age while I’ll be old. She silently laughed off the absurd thought. Then again, demigods didn’t live long. She hoped she’d be able to get into Elysium with her. Something stepped out of the shadows, and she gripped her sword tighter.

Nightfleet

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Salzem on 6/13/2018, 11:40 am

Aaron didn't bother  to keep track of the girls' conversation, too heavily invested on their surroundings. It seemed they had heard it too, the noise and were just as keen to keep their weapons out as he was. Slowly, the boy withdrew his claymore and put away his smaller blade, hearing the sound of heavy footsteps in the dark... Several twigs and branches snapped with every step, indicating to him that whatever was out there... It was big. Harpies weren't that heavy... They couldn't be... And what was strange was that there was a shift between each step... One might've assumed that it was multiple creatures based on the noise, perhaps another troupe of armored halfbloods or something equally humanoid but this was different... The crackles were too orderly... too patterned...  And it wasn't just moving around anymore... It was headed this way!

"Aww... Christ..." Aaron cursed, refusing to invoke the name of the gods to express profanity. "MOVE!" No sooner than he'd said this, a massive scorpion (that towered over all three of them easily) exploded from the forest before them, a swing of it's mighty claw sending the Son of Hypnos  along with several massive wood chunks flying into to lake! Well... there went everything... His world turned black the instant it's massive claw struck him dead in the chest, limply sinking into the murky depths as the creature turned to engage the other two half-bloods!

The scorpion''s claw snapped at Morgan's neck, intent on taking off her head while it's stinger came down hard to impale the daughter of death! Each blow had comparable force to that which had sent Aaron into the water.

Speaking of which...

The Son of Hypnos drifted on it's surface limply, his eyes fluttering as his remaining energy was slowly drained from him... He couldn't quite tell if anything had been broken. He didn't have the energy to check...
Salzem

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 6/18/2018, 7:45 am

Morgan dropped to the ground just in time. Rolling between the creature's legs, she came back off and unfurled her shield. The sword in her hand turned into a blazing black whip. She quickly glanced to the water, where Aaron had just drifted back to the surface, his eyes closed. Maybe it was the moonlight playing tricks but he didn't look good at all. A flash of terror passed through her as she imagined what sea creatures could be looking up towards him right now, an easy midnight snack just floating there.

Focus, she told herself. First the scorpion.

She lashed out at it with her whip, making it snap on its legs. The body may be armoured, but stygian iron stung the core of a being. It let out a chilling screech and swung around to face her, stabbing down with its stinger. She pulled up her shield just in time but the force of the blow knocked her backwards, leaving a dent in the Spartan hoplon. It stabbed again, foam at its pincers. Morgan mouthed a few words in ancient Minoan and the stinger turned to rubber, hitting her across the face. Her jaw crunched; she spat blood and rolled out of the way just as the spell broke. The stinger returned to its usual form but she had retreated behind the trees, her armour shimmering like camouflage. She pulled out all the potions she had left in her pockets, all the mini-amphoras and glass vials. Damn it, she couldn't read with such little light, and if she summoned even the tiniest of flames, she'd be spotted.

Fine. Guess she'd just have to try them all.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfleet on 6/18/2018, 8:18 am

Curses. This was the last thing she wanted. Of course, she could just shadow travel away and leave the mess, but it was not exactly the most viable option on the plate. She partied a blow from the scorpion’s pincer, staggering back on impact. She had a few spare throwing stars she used for practicing in her satchel, but she wasn’t a very good thrower. Her first and last two bounced harmlessly off he scorpion’s tough hide, and she could barely avoid the next jab of its pincer. She noticed Aaron floating the the middle of the lake. Hopefully he could float a little longer, or better yet, there be no unfriendly creatures in the lake, or perhaps some naiads were staying up late and noticed him. Distracted for a second, the scorpion’s stinger grazed her shoulder, where it left a searing pain. Oh, gods, it’s not poisonous, is it? She thought frantically, as she could only keep blocking the scorpion with her sword, which was not that long to begin with, added to the scorpion’s long reach, was not really helping matters. Her legs and ribs were already bruised from where the punches had contacted.

Nightfleet

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: