Inspections and Duties

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inspections and Duties

Post by Nefaste on 8/10/2018, 11:37 pm

Lindia walked down the path between Camp Jupiter towards New Rome, her hair tied hastily back into a ponytail and hand on her gladius within its leather sheath. For some reason, her superior had ordered her to do a sweep of the path, as there had been reports of vandalism to the roads or graffiti to the signs. That and as her duty as part of the first cohort of camp Jupiter, she was to inspect things like that while other groups and were training for more mass army styled combat in the field of mars, just to her left.

There was a sway to her step as she made her way to the supposed markers, her armor a little loose as the summer heat had been hitting the darkened metal ever since she had left the barracks earlier, and the dark tunic underneath didnít help but to increase the amount of heat absorbed by the sun. The blonde daughter of trivia slowed her step as she came closer to the signs, now within view that she could clearly make out the exact vandalization.
Nefaste

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inspections and Duties

Post by Morgan Landry on 8/14/2018, 6:56 am

Cameron arrived a few minutes after Lindia, having also been sent by their centurion to examine the damage. Fauns she thought, shaking her head. Fauns or probationes. They usually did the most damage.

"Did a chariot crash here or something?" she said. "This looks like the aftermath of Carrhae. If I find who did this, I'll bring peace back very quickly," she said, tapping her dagger.

OOC: She's about 15, with hair died stark white and camouflage clothing. She's a daughter of Pax.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15718
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 8/14/2018, 7:09 am

Lindia looked over to the other legionnaire, but said nothing as she ran her finger along the paint on the signpost, then looked over to the damage of the road and wooden shards lying around. "No. A chariot would have left more debris. This looks almost like a tag and ram" She said, remembering similar events she witnessed and participated in when she was a younger girl in Detroit.

"I'm betting probationes. Inner city ones at that" She added, sniffing the paint on her fingers from the sign. "Not fauns"
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 8/16/2018, 6:38 am

Cameron rolled her eyes, "Dude, it was a joke. I can see it's a tag." She lazily flicked tiny specks of dust off her weapon, twirling it as if she couldn't wait to stick it between somebody's eyes. "Inner city probationes? Yeah, as opposed to outer city ones?" she mocked. It sounded like she was deliberately looking to spark trouble. "If I didn't know better I'd say you're a new recruit cause your Latin is purum stercum."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 8/18/2018, 7:48 am

Lindia shot the other girl a glare with her cold artic blue eyes, almost growling as he hand moved to rest on the hilt of her blade. Paying attention to the sign again she thought through her memory of the stroke count, the pattern, design...when something hit her.

"Come here, I think i'm onto something, she said, positioning herself to have a lower eye level, bending her knees.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/19/2018, 10:28 am

"Oh fantastic." Cameron pulled herself forward. "I cannot wait to see what you've found."

Why had she been sent here with that girl? It was a wonder she was in the 1st Cohort, everybody said so. Even Mike. Lindia had zero interpersonal skills, she was a hazard to her comilitones and didn't know how to keep in formation on the battlefield. How she had even survived Lupa's training, she had no idea. Cameron just prayed she wouldn't stick a curse tablet between her eyes, or put a voodoo doll into Anna Perenna's well with her name tagged on it.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 9/25/2018, 9:30 am

Lindia ignored the blatant sarcasm and made a mental note to screw her over somehow later. Not in some major way, and not anytime soon. She would wait like a cobra to strike, only attacking when the moment was right. However that was not the issue currently, this graffiti was.

Gesturing to the left side of the tag she mirrored the graffiti strokes as if she was spraying the sign herself. "Its a heavy hand here at the end, and this stroke here seems to be a little heavier than the others...My guess is that the can was about empty on the first pass so they had to go over it again to get the complete stroke" She turned to face Cameron. "Which means this isnt the first tag, or its someone who needs to use spray paint for their career or hobby"
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/25/2018, 11:25 am

Cameron kneeled down next to Lindia. "So... Person who spray painted a graffiti probably spray paints more. Wow that was a heavy intellectual feat, do you wanna go lie down?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 9/25/2018, 5:20 pm

Lindia was going to punch her, she was going to bury her knuckles into that condescending little...or just bide her time. Bide. Time. Lindia. Sighing lightly, then laughing under her breath she slowly stood back up.

"What I mean to say is there are only so many people in New Rome and Camp Jupiter with access to spray paint, and someone knows something. They always do. Either somebody helped or saw or is suspicious or...." She paused a moment, looking back at the debris around them.

What she didnt say, is what she had concluded. It had to have been someone above 5'2, as the sign was hard to reach and accurately spray at any shorter height, unless they had a stepladder and that was preposterous. It was also somebody with outside gang affiliations, west coast branches, most likely a Hispanic oriented gang based on the font. She had experience with both gangs and tags, that and there was the same tag on the outside of caldecott tunnel-she had noticed it last time she had guard duty.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/29/2018, 10:05 pm

Cameron made a big point of rolling her eyes. "I swear to my mother, you're going at it like it's some sort of super crime scene. Dude. Just get a patrol, go through the barracks, and beat up the people who got spray paint. Done." She didn't understand why people stopped to analyse every painful detail when something more useful, like bashing faces, was to be done. Seriously. "Also, aren't you the daughter of Trivia? Can't you like... magic a solution?" She cocked an eyebrow and smiled smugly. "Or do you suck at that too?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 10/5/2018, 2:25 pm

Lindia took a breath and nodded, knowing for sure that this individual would have at least two curse tablets made for them. One to start, and one to make it worse. That would come with time though, and right now she could just feel the urge to beat her face in rising in her breastplate.

"Why don't you get a patrol then, and start on the barracks? Ill work my magic here...and see what I can come up with" She told the other legionnaire, lifting her foot to knock some of the dirt off of her sole.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: