Docks and Boats

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Docks and Boats

Post by Nefaste on 8/10/2018, 11:40 pm

The red hair of the daughter of Demeter was loose over her face as she stood on the wooden structure, her hands messing with the ropes that held her ship to the piers off of the shore, making sure they were tightly fastened, and her anchor was down. Having just returned for the summer once more, and sailed up the coast and to the sound she was more than ready to meet up with some of her friends, perhaps make some new ones and maybe go on an adventure or two. Then again, a worn book of ancient knowledge or the printed papers of a research study would also be on her summer list of things to do. After a moment of triple checking the knots she stepped back aboard her 18 foot sailer, sitting down for a moment to enjoy the wonderful day the camp was having.
Nefaste

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Docks and Boats

Post by Morgan Landry on 8/13/2018, 7:08 am

Arian paddled to the shore. She was trying out a brand new surfboard after losing her last one tragically during a fight with a sea monster. Whilst heartbroken about it, she couldn't help but enjoy the new one: it was way easier to handle, curved and carved through the waves with the lightest twist, and went three times faster than the old one.
However, something drew her eye. An 18 foot sailer, white as a dove, was gleaming on the shore. A red headed girl had just docked it to the pier they had here at camp, which was mainly used for triremes. Arian waded out of the water, gathering her surfboard under her arm, and walked over.

"I hope you're not mortal, otherwise this would be awkward," she said with a laugh.

OOC: She's very tan (Mediterranean/olive complexion) and has dark brown hair sticking to her head and neck. She's wearing a neoprene springsuit with bright and fresh prints, and a waterproof watch.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female
Number of posts : 15718
Registration date : 2011-12-31

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.
(My mystery box prizes: 2 god parent gifts+2 slots+1exotic pet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 8/13/2018, 10:31 am

Thorne turned her head, looking over the side of the boat to the brunette approaching from the shore. Standing, she leaned over the rail and smiled. “Mortal? No, not at all I’m afraid. Daughter of Demeter” She replied, smiling as the other girl walked onto the wooden docks and approached. She stuck out her hand as she got closer smiled kindly.
“My name is Thorne, what’s yours?” She asked, her long red hair wet and clinging to her shoulders, green eyes vibrant as she looked to the other girl.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 8/14/2018, 5:58 am

"Thorne? That's fitting for a daughter of Demeter," Arian said, shaking her hand and doing a fist bump sort of gesture. "I'm Arianna, but you can call me Ari or Arian. Nobody can pronounce Italian here except Nico di Angelo and Chiara Benvenuti."

She looked at her boat. "Is that yours?"
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 8/14/2018, 7:12 am

Thorne smiled lightly when the boat was brought up and nodded, stepping back onto it and spreading her arms "The Garden of the Sea" She said, lowering her arms. "Come aboard if you want, I'm just making sure everything is fine after the trip" She purred, her hands stroking the trim of the vessel.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 8/14/2018, 12:45 pm

"You sure? Wow, thank you!" Arian said, having never been on such a ship before. She put her precious surfboard down carefully and hopped on board after Thorne.
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 8/18/2018, 8:06 am

Thorne offered her hand to help her onto the rocking boat, smiling brightly. "Love your board by the way" She added, stepping across the small wood-floored deck, most the boat being made with plastics and fiberglass but the deck was wood, as well as the entrance into the hull and rooms below.

The sails had already been pulled and tightened, the jibs having been tied as to not swing and knock anyone into the cold New England waters. However far above at the top of the mast still waved a small flag of blue and yellow, a trident in its middle.

"Have you ever been on a vessel?" She asked
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry on 9/19/2018, 7:06 pm

"Oh thanks! I painted it myself."

Most of her personal possession had undergone some sort of makeover. Just as dogs had to mark their territory, Arian had to personalize whatever it was she owned, from her cello down to her shoelaces. (Aren't my comparisons just so poetic? Yes I know, I know.) Whether it was gouache, sharpies, spray paint or ballpoint pens, she made use of anything and did not shy away from the occasional bit of hot glue.
The surfboard which she had left on the dock was decorated with a night sky mixing galaxies and stylized sea life. The holographic paint shimmered a bit in the bright daylight.

"I mean I've been on a trireme once or twice?" Arian said, examining the sails. "Triremes and kayaks. But not a mortal boat like this if that's what you mean."
Morgan Landry
High Queen of Narnia

Female

View user profile

Click on the gifs

for the RP invite

Guest, you are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nefaste on 9/25/2018, 9:22 am

Thorne hesitated a moment, attempting not to correct her fellow demigod on how technically even those vessels were mortal as much as hers was. She held her tongue though and smiled politely, leaning on the railing, her hair flowing in the breeze.
"Feel Free to look around, I can take you below in a moment if you wish too. I have a nice greenhouse area in there" She added, stepping back to the mast after a moment to begin to lower her flag.
Nefaste

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: