david + nael

View previous topic View next topic Go down

david + nael

Post by meliae on 10/8/2018, 2:37 pm

nael beauchêne, son of peitho

nael walks to the observatory, hands in his grey hoodie pockets, hood covering his head. damn, this thing is comfy! nael decides he should wear it more often. it's way past curfew, and nael was in the mood for some star-watching. sappy, he knows, but still very enjoyable on a lonely summer night like this. it was unusually cold, though, so nael grabs a blanket as he enters.

even though it was cold, it was a crisp, clear night. the stars glittered above nael, and he felt a pang in his chest that reminded him of very similar long summer nights with his old friends before camp, breaking into the high school football field just to have a clear view of the sky, passing around a cigarette and watching the smoke curl upwards, joining the lights above. he misses them, but here at camp the people were much more similar to him. he didn't need to be embarrassed about his adhd or dyslexia. no more nannies. more swordfighting. 

Last edited by meliae on 10/13/2018, 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
meliae

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2018-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: david + nael

Post by FinnsRainbow on 10/9/2018, 5:44 pm

The sky in camp half-blood was the clearest David had seen since the heights of Colorado. The stars strew a glittering path across the sky, the Milky Way a hazy halo cutting through the dark. David was busy arranging the bottom telescope, trying to get a good look at Andromeda, but the stupid thing wouldn't budge. "Oh, come on!" he said, slapping the bronze. "Urania, did I do something to you? I promise I'll sacrifice a bigger pizza slice next time," he added, squinting into the apparatus with his tongue out. He really needed the data for the interactive star chart he was working on, and the Muse of astronomy could go eat his sweaty-

A door noise made the son of Athena snap up. Who was it, a camper? A satyr? The last shred of his long-lost dignity? David quietly reached into his pocket, where his sword lay disguised as a pair of keys. But then the mystery creature came into the light and David lost all sense of who he was, what he was doing here, and how words were supposed to work.

The guy was easily the most handsome person he had ever seen in his whole life - and he'd seen some pretty handsome ones. But no child of Aphrodite had ever looked that good to him. His skin was dark and smooth, unblemished by any mark or zit. His gait was confident and relaxed. He wore simple clothes but somehow they complemented him perfectly, like he didn't need an elaborate outfit to look absolutely stunning.
David on the other hand had frozen on the spot, in a half-squat in front of the telescope with one eye squeezed shut and his tongue stuck out in a side blep. Despite his smart clothes (white button-up, collar pins, black pants and gray scarf), he looked like a complete idiot.
FinnsRainbow

Male
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2017-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meliae on 10/13/2018, 7:31 am

as nael was about to plop down in a chair in the middle of the room, he notices a boy, around his age, squatting in front of a telescope. he was wearing a white button up. how uncomfortable, nael thinks, but smiles inwardly. maybe the night wouldn't be so lonely after all. the son of peitho traipses over to the other boy, flashing his most charming smile, the pearly whites on grand display. he squats down close to the other demigod, trying to catch a peek at what he was so intensely watching through the telescope. nael smiles warmly, his cool minty breath close to the other boys neck. "hey. can you tell me what constellation that is?", he says chirpily, pointing at a random cluster of stars above them, then placing his hand in his head, not breaking eye contact.   

Last edited by meliae on 10/16/2018, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
meliae

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnsRainbow on 10/15/2018, 6:07 pm

Oh gods. Oh gods. David hoped he was not about to start sweating because, good Eros, that would be embarrassing. He was too mesmerized to break eye contact with the guy who had settled down right next to him and seemed not to mind the close quarters situation. Or so David hoped. He has self-esteem issues when it comes to boys.
The guy had asked him about a constellation?? And by Erato, his voice was hotter than anything he'd ever heard. Jesus, he could read 90s Infomercials out to him and it'd be a symphony.

Right, he asked you about astronomy, one of your specialties. This is your one shot to impress him. Don't mess up, big guy.

"Aaaaconstellation?Right.ConstellationrighthereisAndromeda," he said at the speed of light. Well, there you go. You messed it up. Have fun living in a cave for the next fifty years, you hopeless hermit. Laughing nervously, David tried to shake off his stress. "Wow, way to go. Um, I'm sorry, I'm usually a bit more intelligible than that. That's Andromeda."
FinnsRainbow

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meliae on 10/16/2018, 10:51 am

nael grins as he hears the boys quick, unintelligible words. "cool, cool,"nael says confidently, watching the boy opposite him curiously. "so what exactly are you doing here, all alone?", he asks quietly, in a secretive tone. "aren't there more interesting things to do, so late at night?", nael implores in a low voice. he continues to keep eye contact, his mismatched eyes twinkling under the starry night sky. the poor boy seemed reasonably nervous, which made nael's heart race. it was like hunting for nael; the son of peitho was the predator and this demigod was going to be his prey. his words came naturally to him, a sweet seductive resonance lying underneath his questions.

Last edited by meliae on 10/17/2018, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
meliae

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnsRainbow on 10/16/2018, 9:22 pm

David couldn't believe this. Earlier he'd been complaining about Urania and his astronomy project and now he was here, chatting with a gorgeous young man in his favourite spot at camp. Pulling on the hem of his shirt, he realized how overdressed he was compared to the guy's cool, laid-back vibe. Gods, he thought, hope it doesn't look like I have a spear up my @ss. He liked dressing up, he didn't know why. Made him feel in control. Smart. When he dressed like this he usually found he didn't have to waste much time making others realize he was ten times smarter than they were. Somehow people didn't take him as seriously when he was wearing cargo pants and aggressively orange teeshirts.

"More interesting?" he breathed back, careful to keep his voice down. The lower he whispered, the closer Handsome Guy would have to lean in. "What could possibly be more interesting than outer space?"
FinnsRainbow

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meliae on 10/17/2018, 1:50 pm

nael giggles. "oh, a lot of things, probably," he says loudly, the a secretive smile still plastered on his face. "surely you don't want to spend your whole night down here?" nael asks, rocking back and forth on his heels in a childish manner. he stuffs his hands into the front pocket of his gray hoodie and finds a single golden drachma that he begins flipping and catching in his palm over and over. nael watches the boy intently and realizes he was even more pretty up close. he looks like an angel in his pristine white shirt, and he reminds nael oddly of a priest. but a hot one with a telescope.

nael likes his partners intellectual. mainly because he isn't. he's always been the type of lazy person who is curious about lots of things, but never pursues their interests and gets carried away with something that is instantly gratifying.

Last edited by meliae on 10/19/2018, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
meliae

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnsRainbow on 10/18/2018, 8:03 pm

David bit his lip. Damn... the guy was so perfect… but the dismissive way he talked about space reminded David of how it felt when his old crush Brandon made fun of his interests for science. It hurt. David smiled at the golden boy anyway.

He shrugged. "If space isn't your thing, then why did you decided to come here tonight?"
FinnsRainbow

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meliae on 10/19/2018, 12:25 pm

the son of peitho smiles warmly. "oh, don't get me wrong, space is cool and all, but i was just wondering if you had anything else planned...", he trails off, "maybe with me?", nael says, grinning widely. "and anyways, i came down here looking for a cure for my loneliness," he adds nonchalantly. he puts his cold hands in his hoodie pocket, his long fingers still playing with the drachma. he looks at the demigod opposite him, his mismatched eyes scanning the other boys face, and landing on his lips. nael smiles. "i mean, if you don't want to that's fine, i'm sure you have a lot to do...", he says.
meliae

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnsRainbow on 10/20/2018, 7:07 am

David glanced to the side, then back to him. Was this guy… flirting with him? David was quite confident normally. He had the brains, the marks, the money, which was usually enough to make him feel better than the average. But come on, this guy could have anyone he wanted. He even had mismatched eyes! David tried making out their individual colour. One of them was pale... light blue? Grey maybe? Maybe it was just the lighting right now but he swore it looked like faint silver.
So... why him? He didn't know him, they had literally just met. It couldn't be his natural face cause this camp was full of love demigods and children of wars ready to flex their muscles any chance they got.

Dude are you really gonna pass up a chance on an evening with him? Are you barking mad?

David couldn't argue with that logic. Taking the bait, he said "Actually, I was just finishing up. The telescope has some problems, but I'll deal with that in the morning." He smiled with a hint of his usual confidence. "So how about a walk on the beach?" It was dangerous, he knew. The harpies were great at spotting stray demigods out of their beds after curfew. But this dude was just... he was something else. David would risk a hundred harpies for a date with him.
FinnsRainbow

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: