Role Playing Legend

Female
Number of posts : 18961
Registration date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cabin's Courtyard

Post by Fighter on 4/30/2013, 10:10 pm

I smile at her, and walk out, holding her hand.
Fighter
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3171
Registration date : 2011-01-03

View user profile http://icarvemorethanjustapples.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 4/30/2013, 10:21 pm

She walked out with him.
Ooc: where too?
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fighter on 4/30/2013, 10:26 pm

ooc: A coffe shop topic I remember making some time back. I'll start there.
Fighter
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 4/30/2013, 10:37 pm

Ooc: kk what's the link?
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fighter on 4/30/2013, 10:43 pm

ooc: You'll find it.
Fighter
Loyal Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh on 5/1/2013, 3:22 pm

Static wrote: He gave up. No amount of wishing or hoping would bring him back to a place where he knew what was going on. Cain lets out an almost inaudible groan as he reaches his hands to touch the toe cap of his Adidas'. The shoes were worn out with randomly placed tears in the seams. The white rubber part that creeped up from underneath the shoe had since long ago changed from a pure snow white to a light brown; the occasional white spot were splattered here and there though. The boy had no money for new shoes, so there really wasn't much he could do but put up with it. Despite being incredibly worn out, they were morphed to his foot size, giving him a high amount of comfort compared to a brand new shoe that still needed some wear and tear to fit properly. Once Cain had gained some money, be it from a job or from 'other' ways, he would buy himself a nice new pair of shoes. Actually, maybe a pair of combat boots or something of the sorts. Something that would project him as a tough person, which he was the total opposite of what he truly was. Cain was kind-hearted boy who took care of his friends and always had a smile on his face around other people. He was definitely a lover, not a fighter. Eve happened to be the total opposite, despite the fact that she was not really intimidating at all, for she stood and the height of five feet exactly. The girl made herself cuter more than fearsome in reality. Cain really needed to stop thinking about his sister and more about himself. She was not him and he definitely was not her. It just felt awkward, for he spent almost all of his childhood with the girl by his side. Well she wasn't with him now and Cain would just have to deal with it. It was mostly all about Cain now. His sister was off on her own now. Cain could find out who he truly was, for he had no idea who or what he was. He needed answers.

Sitting back up, Cain notices a girl making her way around the courtyard. She looked confused, staggering around. It was almost as if she was intoxicated by either a drug or alcoholic drink. Cain straightens himself on the bench, hoping he was showing himself to be approachable. Well, then again, maybe he didn't exactly want help from this girl. She appeared to be a bit . . . unstable. Cain squints his eyes to get a better view at the girl. He wished had his glasses on him, for he was having issues making her facial expression out. The child of Notus was near-sighted, unable to make out far away images. The boy mostly struggled in reading things from a distance. He could still make out objects. He was not considered to be legally blind. As the girl comes closer to Cain, he picks out that she had a pained expression painted on her face. She was staggering slightly and gripping her chest. It also looked as if she was talking to herself. Maybe . . . was she talking to him? Cain knew that being unable to talk audibly and chest pain were signs of both a stroke and a heartattack. Wait, could a person of her appeared age even suffer from such an affliction? Cain scraps that thought and just concludes that the girl must have heartburn. Maybe ate a burrito too fast or sipped too much Coca-Cola.

Then she made her way over to him. Cain bows his head to make himself a bit less approachable. Maybe he didn't want to be talking to this girl. What if she had some syndrome that made her walk oddly and do odd things? It was cruel to think this, but Cain didn't really want to talk to a messed up person. It wasn't the nicest thing, but it would be just so . . . so awkward. Despite bowing his head and turning away, the girl sits down next to him. She sounded exhausted, as if she had just ran a marathon or something. The girl mumbles a few words, but Cain doesn't pick them up well and ponders for a few seconds to figure out what she had said. A confused face splays on his face for a second or two, then returns to a more warm expression. The girl had simply given him an introduction: her name. It was a pretty simple concept. She told him her name, then he would tell her his. At least it would give Cain someone to talk to. He looks up to the girl, putting a somewhat warm smile on his face.

'Hello. My name is Cain,' Cain says, but instead of sounding nice, he seems to have said it quite bluntly. You idiot! the boy reprimands himself mentally, putting his head in his hands.

'Sorry for sounding so harsh right there. I didn't mean it. I'm just a tad confused at the moment,' he explains, turning his head to look at the girl's strained face. She still looked as if she was in pain. Cain felt a slight bit of sympathy towards the girl, but not much. Hell, he barely knew her, only her name. He shouldn't feel bad for her just yet. They would have to get better aquainted for that.

'Also, are you okay? You look as if you're in pain.' The words are blurted out almost right after his previous statement, making the boy appear to be stupid, well, at least in his mind. In Cain's mind he was the biggest idiot of all time.

He replied to me, so his name was Cain. At first he had sounded a bit blunt, which had taken me back a moment. It had almost sounded like he hadn't wanted to speak to me, which okay fine, I could understand, sometimes people didn't just want to talk. It had hurt me momentarily, and if he hadn't said anything I would have forced myself to get up and walk away, even with the pain, which was fortunately subsiding. As hoped, he had quickly responded and apologised for his attitude. I was thankful for that, I never felt ready to leave yet, but I didn't want to either. He didn't seem too bad. Though, a bit stupid or slow were the first thoughts coming to my mind...

I thought about his question for a moment, as to whether I was okay. He had just blurted them out, and so I wondered if he actually cared. He'd asked, so I felt an obligation to answer him. I looked down at myself though, and looked at everything. I sighed, I really needed a change of clothes. The striped t-shirt I had been wearing, well, it was now more of a vest. It had initially been white with yellow stripes across it, but now there were patches of red across it. I sighed, realising that was my own blood. Though some of it could have been Harley's... both of us had been bleeding a lot... There were holes in the shirt too, parts which had been completely torn. I looked down further and my jeans, they too were in a horrible state. Though, I could still pass them off as some form of fashion. They were torn, yes, but fortunately in the right places, like on the knees and so on, so that wasn't too bad. They would need a clean though, they too had stains across them, which was our blood. Our, being Harley and I. Finally I looked at my shoes, my once white converse high tops. They were no longer white, they were then an unpleasant colour which you can only find on shoes which have been through a lot. Including blood and mud... I would have to get rid of them, I doubted I would ever wear them again. I didn't even want to think about my face looked, I felt my hair, and I could feel there was some dried blood in there, which I tried to pick out, it wasn't an excessive amount, but there was some. And it was all over the place. I looked a complete mess, why Cain was still sitting next to me I had no idea, I looked like a freak.

I then thought about how I felt internally. Fortunately most of my wounds were healed. Some would scar, but I was missing three fingers on my left hand, how could I get a scar worse than that. My back was probably wear the worst scar would be, but at least it was healed, so that was fine. Internally, I could still feel a bit of pain in my chest. It wasn't the most pleasant of feelings, but the pain had dropped considerably. "I... I'm alright. A bit of pain in my chest still, and I still feel achy, but mostly I'm alright. Me and a.... uh... friend, got into a fight with quite a considerable number of Empousai, it was one hell of a fight, but we made it. Not without injury though..." I explained to him completely, indicating to my present state.

I rested my head back and smiled as I looked up at the sky. A sight I once thought I wouldn't see again. There was a lone cloud going a long, I smiled watching it. Only when you've been close to death do you appreciate the little things in life. Twice I'd been at that stage now, I wasn't going to let things go to waste now. Now I would live my life to the most, you could never tell when death would catch up with you. There was a lot in life I hadn't experienced yet...

I looked back over to Cain, "So Cain, tell me about yourself!" I said cheerfully to him, with a smile on my face. It was a friendly smile, rather than a creepy one. I really should have gone and changed first, but I decided to stay and talk with this Cain boy instead...

Josh
The Genius

Male
Number of posts : 3579
Registration date : 2012-08-07

View user profile

Kyla O'Shea - Tyche - 17
Ciara Martin - 14 - Pollux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/2/2013, 3:17 pm

Cain had thought that he had managed to lose his chance of talking to this girl since he had sounded to mean when he had addressed her. He was a wreck. The boy just couldn't seem to control himself whenever he didn't know what was happening or if he himself wasn't in control. He'd admit it, he's a control freak. He needs to know what is going on and when, which was the opposite of what was happening now. At the moment he was basically lost and confused. He had no were to go and no idea of where to head to next. Sadly enough, the only reason he was talking to this girl was in hopes of figuring out what was going on. Cain would admit that too; he is a jerk most of the time. It has always been a bad trait of his. He was a bit too self centered. Well, unless it came to Eve. Then it was a totally different story. The boy did his best to make his sister happy and confident. Was it just because he was actually slightly scared of her? She was the one who seemed to have gotten these so called 'powers'. Cain had seen what she had done when they were attacked on that dreadful day. She had completely obliterated the cyclops. That seemed to have snapped Cain on the inside. Since then he had started to treat her nicely out of fear. Before, he had always tried to ignore her or push her away. She was small and annoying, two things that Cain did not like. The boy shakes his head, trying to get himself to stop thinking like that. He was being too flawed at the moment. It was just plain out disgusting how cruel and cold the demigod could be. It frustrated him most of the time, for he couldn't seem to control himself. If it was up to him he would be so much nicer and not . . . this. He didn't want to be himself. He was sick of being this mean self that he had been for so many years.

Cain reflects on his early years. He had been such a nice child, much more than he was now. The boy was nice and basically liked by every other kid in the orphanage, which was like, six kids. It was still six kids who liked him. No one seemed to like him by the time he had left. He would just spend his days locked up in his room on his laptop making music. Creating music, mostly electronic, seemed to fill up some type of void inside of him. It was the only thing that cleared his head from everything going on in the world around him. The boy had made enough songs to create his own album, which is quite impressive for a child of his age. He could be much better if he really applied himself though. Stop. You're starting to get all egotistical again. Just stop before you make a fool of yourself and send this girl off crying. That is the last thing you need. Now pull yourself together and answer her! She's been waiting a good few moments now!

Sometimes Cain really hated his subconscious.

"So Cain, tell me about yourself"

The demigod child of Notus props his body up straight. He was taught to have good posture. Just because he was out of the orphanage didn't mean he could just stop taking care of his body and making sure he stayed healthy. Even something as small as standing and sitting up straight mattered. He didn't want to end up becoming a hunchback or anything. That would make his eeriness skyrocket off the charts. He was bad enough with his natural bluntness. Maybe that was something he could control as well, just like how he could straighten himself. He would have to try that sometime. Or, you know, you could try it now.

"Well," Cain begins to say. Where to start. Cain had been through so much, or so he thought. His life really was just the basic demigod sob story. It wasn't that to him though. To him he had once of the worst lives. Maybe it was because he never met his parents or something like that. If he ever met his mom he would slap her for letting those . . . people . . . take him and Eve. There was nothing he could do about it then, and there was nothing he could do now. It was gone in the past. There was not one thing he could do to change his past. He could've actually had a childhood. He probably wouldn't be the calloused boy he was now.

"I grew up never knowing my parents. When me and my sister were still infants, we were stolen from my mother in the middle of the night. My father apparently had left my mother after she conceived me and my sister, who are twins. We were taken because of greed. A man who liked money would pass his buildings off as orphanages, when really sold kids to be slaves. Either that or whores. Me and Eve, my sister, would always make sure to hide well on the days that men would come and evaluate children. Little did we know was that even then we were being monitored. We were always being watched, either by men or cameras. God, if I knew I would've gotten out of there much faster than it took.

"So me and Eve managed to make our way into our teenage years without being sold yet, which was incredible luck. I had always wanted to escape from the building, but I was afraid of the real world. I didn't know what I would do. I had no idea about this place or anything. I still have no idea where I am and what this place was. Anyways, about a month ago I started planning out how me and Eve would escape. After a few days of planning, we decided to make our move. We left in the middle of the night and ran as fast and as far as we could. We had no idea what was in store for us. Eve and I were not prepared for the real world at all. I had underestimated how tough it was to actually live independently. I would've packed more or stocked up on supplies, but I was just so . . . ready . . . to leave, you know?

"We starved for a few days before we decided it would be a good idea to actually eat the real food I had packed for us. Before then we had just been eating granola bars and drinking out of small bottles of water. God, I'm giving you way too much info, aren't I?

"Getting back on track now. Eve and I finally came up to a lake a few days, maybe a week, after we had escaped. There we were attacked by monsters. Luck was on our side though. These creatures came out of the water and annihilated the monsters. The creatures that came out of the water told us to come here. We walked for a bit, then we arrived. That was two days ago. I have no idea what to do know. We have been spending our nights in this really cramped cabin, which we were told to go by the big horse guy. He told us nothing besides that. So yeah, I'm kind of lost now...

"And uh, sorry for giving you so much information. It felt good to let it all out though, you know?"

Well, Cain probably now had put the girl to sleep. He looks over to her and to his surprise, she wasn't sleeping. That was a good thing . . . probably...

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyssa on 5/4/2013, 7:37 pm

OOC: Please don't double post. Also if you passed out you couldn't walk to the infirmary.
Alyssa

Female
Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2013-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 8:34 pm

Chase suddenly sat up in his bed, drenched in a cold sweat. Oh.... it was only a dream.... only a dream. It was that dream.†
He sighed and slipped out of his warm bed and lightly placed his bare feet onto the cold wooden floor of the Hermes cabin. It was very dark, yet he could hear a bird, deep into the depths of the dark northern forest, begin to sing its morning hymn. Dawn was soon to come.†
He grabbed a pair of jeans and a camp shirt, and hid back in his bunk again, and in the murky darkness, changed from his plaid pajama bottoms into the cold unworn clothes. When he emerged again, light had begun to filter in from the windows on either ends of the Hermes Cabin. He could hear his siblings begin to stir.
Chase leaned down and put on a pair of shoes, tying them quickly. He then stood up, intertwined the fingers of both hands and placed them on his head. He walked out of the cabin and into the dewy morning air of summer.†
He stood there for a while, seeing the majority of Camp still draped in shadows, though there was that sense that it were getting lighter. After another few moments, he walked right back into his cabin, to his bunk, and grabbed his sword. He picked it up and tied the belt around his waist. When he turned to leave again, more people were shifting in their beds, though not fully awake just yet.†
He left his cabin and began to walk past the other cabins in the classic U, his shoes beginning to become damp from the dew on the grass under his feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 8:42 pm

Layla walked in and looked around. She was wearing a yellow sundress that went just above her knees. "Hello?" Her red hair flowed down her back with a big yellow bow in the back. She looked around the room with her green eyes. "Anyone here?" She walked to a bunk.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 8:49 pm

OOC: i think this is the courtyard now.....

Chase continued to walk. He was hoping to blow off some stress from his dream. Why did it always have to be the same one? And that one, no less. He headed towards the Arena. Maybe he could get there before anyone else. He wasnt too good with people, and in this state of mind, it would be best to have some alone time.

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 8:52 pm

Layla walked into the courtyard and looked around. "I'm so bored." Her red hair flowed in the wind as she kicked a rock.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 9:06 pm

Chase continued to walk, blinking as the morning sun rays blinded his eyesight. Just as he raised a hand to block the light, he suddenly tripped on a tree root and went down with a loud, "Oof!"

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 9:08 pm

Layla shrieked as a boy landed in front of her n"oh my! Are you okay?" She bent down next to him.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 9:18 pm

Chase grimmaced as he sat up, brushing himself off. "Yeah, Im fine." He turned his head and looked at the girl crouching beside him. She looked very cheery, jubilant. He smiled. "Thanks though. Im Chase, by the way. Cabin Eleven." The brown haired, blue eyed teenage boy stuck his hand out to shake.

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 9:20 pm

I flashed a bright white smile at him and shook his head. "Hermes aye? I'm Layla daughter of Apollo. I smiled brighter as my hair flowed behind me.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 9:26 pm

Chase blinked. He was a bit astonished at her enthusiasm. "Yeah. Andó well, Apollo. Cool." He smiled back. For a moment his thoughts flashed, and for that second he remembered that he had been planning on going to the Arena.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug The Turtle on 5/10/2013, 9:27 pm

Danny was walking when he fell down beside them on his face "Ow!"
Doug The Turtle

Male
Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2013-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 9:28 pm

She smiled and got up. "So what's up?" She saw the other boy fall an she let out a giggle. "You okay darling? Wow the boys are just falling for me..." She giggled.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 9:32 pm

"Um.... Well, I was on my way to the Arena. For practice. And you? It seems early for an Apollo kid." It really was early. The sun was barely above the horizon. It was about, four in the morning?

Back to top Go down

Post by kaitycat4 on 5/10/2013, 9:33 pm

"Uhm I was just looking for something fun to do." She smiled at him.
kaitycat4
Role Playing Legend

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug The Turtle on 5/10/2013, 9:35 pm

He got up and brushed himself off "Did i interupt?"
Doug The Turtle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 5/10/2013, 9:38 pm

"Is laughing at falling teenage guys fun?" Chase asked teasingly as he glanced at the other boy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug The Turtle on 5/10/2013, 9:40 pm

"Well at least i can heal if i fall.Why am i so clumsy?"He falls again and rolls down a hill laughing
Doug The Turtle

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top