View previous topic View next topic Go down

New character

Post by Alexia on 10/16/2013, 10:03 pm

Name: Aria Palmeri
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brunette
Height: 5'6"
Body Type: Lean and athletic
Skin Color: Caucasian, yet very tan with  freckles.
God Parent: Hephaestus
Mortal Parent: Sabrina Palmeri
Country of Origin: Italy
Pets: None
Talents: Quick reflexes, resourceful, and eager to learn.
Weapon**: Celestial bronze throwing knives
Personality: Has a bit of a rebellious streak, as her mother is strict and uptight around her. Aria is very curious and she asks (too) many questions, usually getting in trouble because of it. She is very athletic, but doesn't like team sports. Aria prefers working alone to working with a group. She follows her impulses more often than taking a logical approach, which usually ends up saving her butt. Aria tries to keep to herself and doesn't get attached to people very often, as she doesn't want to end up heartbroken like her mother after her father left them.
Flaws: Compulsive liar and impatient, can get jealous and competitive very easily.
Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): Fire doesn't affect her easily i.e. it takes a lot of heat to burn her (anything over 600 degrees), and can set her fingertips on fire. If she tries to light more of herself on fire, she loses control and feels woozy and dizzy, possibly even passing out. She'll be able to control this after three years of training.
Life Before CHB*: Before arriving to Camp Half Blood, Aria lived in uptown NYC with her mother. She attended a boarding school at age 14. She tried out for cheerleading as an eighth grader, but after she accidentally set fire to the refreshment stand. No more organized sports after that, she decided. When she was a child, her mother mentioned a camp to her but never gave her any details. A satyr (who acted as her classmate) directed her once she turned 12.
RP Example*: I felt my lungs ache as I sprinted through the dark forest. I looked behind me to check if the fury was still chasing after me. I spotted it flying behind me, barely visible through the trees. I was flung onto the muddy ground as I tripped over a large root. "Gods..." I cursed quietly under my breath as I scrambled back up as quickly as I could. I was able to see the border to the camp a few meters away. I felt the fury screech behind me, sounding much closer than before. "Aah!" I shrieked as I felt its sharp claws graze my shoulder. I hopped across the border just in time, right before it grabbed me again and dragged me off to who-knows-where.
Any notes about your characters: None

Last edited by Alexia on 10/23/2013, 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alexia

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New character

Post by Kendall on 10/18/2013, 2:54 pm

Stygian iron is only allowed for the children of Underworld gods.

How did she go to/find out about camp?

How much heat, exactly, would it take to burn her? How long do the fires on her fingertips last, and will she someday be able to engulf more of herself in fire?
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
Number of posts : 43508
Registration date : 2008-09-13

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

[4 free slots --> Terra, Kai, Rosalie, and Mina are gone]

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia on 10/18/2013, 5:27 pm

Oops, my bad! I meant celestial bronze.
Aria's mother mentioned a camp to her when she was a child (although never clarified the name or purpose of it), and she was directed by a satyr who was acting as her classmate.
Since fire doesn't affect her more than a slight warm, tingly feeling, any temperature higher than the average flame (so, about 3500 degrees fahrenheit or so) would burn her. The fire on Aria's fingertips can last up to fifteen minutes at a time, and once she gets older and gains more control over it she'll be able to light more of herself on fire.
Alexia

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 10/20/2013, 12:53 pm

So someday she'll be able to light her whole body on fire? Will this also last 15 minutes? Also, our fire temperature limit is around 600 degrees F.

You'll need to change the weapon metal thing and add in how she got to camp.

Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Kendall (Ares) Archer (Hecate) Avie (Soter) Stella (Ouranos) Aidan (Pyriphlegethon) Tempest (Aeolus) Bee (Melisseus) Nelly (Apollo) Benji (Thoth) Dana (Odyne) Mason (Hermes) Darwin (Hephaestus) Lucy (Somnus; First Cohort)Dorian (Legacy of Mefitis; Third Cohort)Ellie (Dionysus; Hunter of Artemis)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia on 10/21/2013, 7:09 pm

600 degrees is fine then.
She will be able to light her entire body at some point, and for as long as she'd like but it would take a while and a lot of training until then.
Alexia

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 10/23/2013, 3:04 pm

She'll still need a time limit, even when she's trained a lot.

(You'll need to edit the weapon metal, the power limits, and how your character got to camp into the form.)
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia on 10/23/2013, 10:37 pm

Alright, done! Is there anything else I should include?
Alexia

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kendall on 10/24/2013, 2:48 pm

You need how many times a day she can use her power, how long it lasts each time, and the most powerful things she can do now and when she's fully trained.

I don't think being eager to learn is really a talent, either.

How many throwing knives does your character carry with her?
Kendall
Mr. Moseby
Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum