IDK what to call this {Private}

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IDK what to call this {Private}

Post by moriarty on 7/10/2014, 7:40 pm

[Aurora]
I walked around the forest, acknowledging the various nymphs as I went. It was peaceful there, somewhere I went when I needed to relax. Normally, I would sit down next to a tree, or sometimes climb up into one, if the nymph would let me, and sing. I loved the look on people's faces when they would just hear this voice from above. They would look up all confused and I would giggle quietly. Then I would jump out of the tree behind them, still singing. My ridiculous hair and pale skin confuse people with nymphs. That day, though, I decided to just walk. No music, just birds and various monster noises. I had my crossbow and quiver on hand, standard for a demigod. I walked for a while, surprisingly not encountering anyone, or anything, on my way.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2013-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IDK what to call this {Private}

Post by Drj71 on 7/10/2014, 9:02 pm

The forest were always a great place to practice my free-running. The trees were plentiful, and the forest creatures didn't seem to mind (though the wood nymphs would grab my legs every now and then). As I bounded from tree to tree, I saw in the distance a lone figure. As I got closer, I realized it was Aurora, my good friend from camp. I decided to drop in on what she was doing out here all alone, so I jumped from a low branch, landing right in front of her.
Drj71

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2014-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/10/2014, 10:16 pm

As I was walking, a figure landed right in front of me. I started and gasped, thankfully holding in a scream. I loaded my crossbow and pointed it at the figure. I quickly realized it was Jay, my friend and son of Hermes. "Oh my gods! Don't do that!" Lowering my crossbow, I whacked him upside the head, showing my playful anger. "What're you doing here lad?" I purposefully accent my Irish accent around him, because he thinks its hilarious. I smiled my bright smile, not flirty, but in way that said 'I hate you but love you at the same time so stop'.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/11/2014, 12:08 am

I chuckled and gave Aurora a quick hug to calm her down. "You know I usually go free-running in this part of the woods. Got to keep the blood flowing. What about you? You're not the one to go for a casual walk in the forest without belting out some random song." I said, taking a seat by a nearby tree, popping open two cans of Sprite for myself and Aurora.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/11/2014, 11:24 am

I laughed and hugged him back. "Yeah, I guess. But don't drop in front of me like that!" I sat next to him by the tree. "I dunno. I just didn't feel like making noise myself, you know? Sometimes its cool just to listen to the monster noises and birds, at least whats left of 'em." I took a Sprite, one of my favorites, and drained about half of it before Jay had a chance to speak.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/11/2014, 1:18 pm

I sipped on my soda, glancing over at Aurora to see that she was halfway done with her own. I also took in the sounds of the forests, from the chirps of the sparrows to the screeches of the harpies and dragons. It reminded me of the woods back at my old home in Maryland, without all of the dangerous monsters of course. I took Windbreaker off of my back and slowly looked it over. Looking at iron its lacrosse brought up memories of when days were just a tad bit simpler, just having fun and trying to be the best lacrosse player I could. I took a deep breath and sighed. "Aurora, do you ever.. miss home?" I said quietly, not really expecting an answer.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/12/2014, 4:47 pm

We sat in silence for a while. We drank our pop and kept our weapons close at hand. Being in silence made me want to fill it. Luckily, Jay filled it for me. He sighed and asked if I ever missed home. I smiled, but I didn't want to answer. I would end up going on a rant, so I just stayed quiet. After a bit, I couldn't stand it. No, not really. I miss my father, and I miss Ireland, but I don't miss home." It made perfect sense in my head, but it didn't make sense out loud.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/12/2014, 7:26 pm

Aurora replied with a pretty short answer, however I understood what she meant. "Don't get me wrong; Camp Half-Blood is pretty much the best thing that could happen to me, but sometimes don't you wish you could head back home, and at least let your parent know that you are ok? My dad and friends think I died when those hellhounds attacked my house a few years back. Sometimes I just wish I had one chance to go back, or at least let them know I'm ok." I have no idea why I was talking about this now, but I had to let it out somehow. Besides, Aurora is the only person I would tell this information. Guess that's why I called her a best friend; I could tell her anything without getting a weird look.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/13/2014, 1:23 pm

I sighed, tears starting to well up in my eyes. I was just nodding and smiled at that point. Jay seemed to have the perfect life. His parents loved him, but I didn't know if he had ever seen his godly dad. Luckily, I had talked to my mother when I went to Olympus on the winter solstice. "I'm never going back. I hated that place." I didn't know if I ever told him my backstory. When I finished my few words, I started bawling. Tears were streaming down my face, smearing my mascara. I laid my head down on Jay's shoulder, looking for comfort.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/13/2014, 7:10 pm

As Aurora began to break down, I slid closer and wrapped my arms around her to comfort her. A few nosy nymphs came to see what was wrong. I signaled for them to take a hike and they melted back into the trees. "Hey, can I tell you something?" I said quietly. "I don't know if I told you this, but I never actually knew my real ma. I was a doorstep kid, left on the porch of a random guy's house when I was a baby. Luckily that guy happened to be an awesome dude and a great father figure. And sometimes, I wonder why my mom left her only son to the mercy of the world, and sometimes I get angry and cry. But I realize that your past is a huge part of what makes you who you are, because without a past there's no future. So even if you don't like your past... look on the bright side, you're the result of that past." I said with a smile. "I don't know if that helps or not, but it's all I got."
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/13/2014, 8:49 pm

I sniffed and did my little "Thank you" laugh. As Jay talked, I listened intently. I let out all the bad feelings in one breath. "Thank you. It does help." I didn't say much after that. My past seemed to be a tragic one. My father died when I was 10, and my aunt didn't give a flying f*&% about me, and I had to run away, getting attacked by harpies on the way. I snuggled closer to Jay. I hoped Astrid wouldn't find out. He was my best guy friend. "I love you Jay." After realizing what I had said, I decided to make light of the situation. "No hetero." I smiled.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/14/2014, 11:13 am

I smiled and looked up. The forest was still calm, and it was only high noon, so monster activity was low and we still had time to chill. I yawned loudly and stretched. "Should we head back? I think I hear my daily nap calling my name."
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/14/2014, 5:41 pm

I wiped my eyes and nose. Groaning, I shoved him over. "You're so boring! Sleeping is boring!" I laughed and tucked my hair behind my ear.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/14/2014, 8:54 pm

I sighed loudly. "Ughh fine." I hopped up and stretched. "Well no fun is going to come to us sitting here anyway. Let's explore." I climbed up the tree behind us. Perched on the tallest branch, I looked out over the treeline, looking to see if there was anything interesting within walking distance, which there usually was.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/15/2014, 3:21 pm

I watched as Jay effortlessly climbed up the tree behind us. "How do you do that?" I shouted up at him. He had climbed up to one of the highest branches. "See anything?" A nymph started bothering me, and I shooed her away.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/15/2014, 6:11 pm

I was about to climb down the tree, but then I heard a loud boom, followed by a harsh, frightening howl that could belong to one creature: Hellhounds."No way, at this time of day??" I asked myself as a dismounted the tree and landed in front of Aurora. "Hope you've got enough bows in that quiver there, because we've got some serious hell-hound activity northbound. Follow me." Not even waiting for a response, I booked it down the trail, Windbreaker transforming into its sword form. I didn't know what was happening over there, but it definitely wasn't going to be boring.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/16/2014, 8:56 pm

I heard a boom and a howl. No doubt, hellhounds. And not the ones the underworld kids had as pets. Jay landed in front of me and told me to follow. I readied my crossbow and put an arrow in it. Following Jay, we crept along the tree line, following the noise. A boom said explosives, and explosives mean Hephaestus. Or Hermes pranks. I began to second guess following Jay. He liked to pull pranks, being a Hermes kid. He could have been leading me into a trap, as he did that often.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/16/2014, 9:54 pm

There was no way it was my cabin mates. The explosions sounded much deadlier than the usual water or chocolate pudding we put into our makeshift bombs. There were no common creatures that I knew of in Greek mythology that could explode. So what was it? We arrived at the battle scene, a small meadow. I grabbed Aurora and ducked behind a bush so we couldn't be seen. Peering through the greenery, I saw the butt of a hellhound. It was a pack of them, about 4 or 5. Standard size, about the size of a sedan. The pack circled around what looked to be a reptilian creature. It was about 3 feet in length. One of the hellhounds pounced the little creature, and the creature let loose a huge fireball . It struck the hellhound with a large boom, knocking the hellhound into a tree. "Holy crap! Are they fighting a baby dragon?!" I whispered.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/26/2014, 12:29 pm

I stepped forward to get a closer look. Jay quickly pulled me to the side. We ducked behind a bush and observed from a distance. The hellhounds were attacking a little lizard thing. The lizard blew out a huge fire ball. "I think so. Are you sure we can deal with this?" I whispered. I started breathing heavily, out of nervousness. "Jay, I don't know about this."
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/27/2014, 1:05 am

Aurora was definitely right. There were many ways this could go wrong. I was about to turn and leave, but one of the hell hounds had different plans. Bringing a friend it blocked our only way out. I drew my sword. "Ok, if we get out of this alive, you have every right to knock me senseless later." I yelled to Aurora before charging at the hellhound on the left. I somersaulted forward, flipping onto the hellhounds back and stabbing my sword into its back hilt deep. It turned into dust before I even landed back onto my feet.

OOC: Welcome back. Hope you had a good time at camp :)
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/27/2014, 1:18 pm

The hellhounds surrounded us. Jay charged at the one to our left. I fired my arrow into the one at the right's eye. It didn't kill, it just succeeded in royally ticking it off. I reloaded, but not a moment after, I was swept off my feet with a swipe of its paws. It growled into my face, preparing for attack, when I shut my eyes and fired blindly. The weight lifted off of me and I slowly opened my eyes. Where there was once a hellhound, a pile of dust covered me. I stood up quickly and brushed off. "Uh, Jay?" I pointed to the pack stalking slowly towards us. I shakily notched an arrow and aimed.

OOC: Thanks. It was hot and sweaty and I went ziplineing and rock climbing and HORSIES!
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/27/2014, 8:11 pm

"Son of a bit." I mumbled under my breath. Aurora and I both had our backs to a tree, the pack coming in for the kill. Their red eyes paralyzed me with fear, no matter how brave I tried to be. Man, did we goof this time. Just when I thought we were dead meat, I saw the baby dragon scuttle towards us and launch another fireball. I hit the deck, bringing Aurora down with me. The fireball disintegrated two of the 3 hellhounds, the last one scurrying into the woods. I got up slowly, expecting another ball of flames. Instead, the baby dragon crawled towards us, sniffing our legs and chomping at my sword, which I dropped when I fell.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/28/2014, 6:17 pm

I went down with Jay. My finger twitched and my arrow fired, thankfully into the distance. The baby daragon was gnawing on his sword. I looked up at Jay, and breathed out in relief. Neither of us were dead. Yet. "Jay, don't move." I said through my teeth. If we moved a single muscle too fast, we would be served on a platter as roast demigod.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drj71 on 7/28/2014, 9:23 pm

"Hold up Aurora." I said, crouching to look at the dragon face to face. It looked more curious than hostile. Slowly, I lowered my hand onto its back. I expected a bite, but instead felt the scaly skin of its back. It softly hissed, as if satisfied by the touch of a war hand. I smiled and sat down. The dragon crawled into my lap and waited to be petted like a house cat. "Aww, they're pretty cute when they aren't shooting fire everywhere. It must have strayed away from it's parents somehow. Maybe we should try to bring it back." I said, all while causally stroking the back of the baby dragon like a kitten. Classic demigod in the woods stuff.
Drj71

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by moriarty on 7/30/2014, 5:22 pm

"Uh, Jay? J-just be careful." I said stuttering with fear. He started petting the dragon. I tried to take a step back, only to run into a tree. I took a deep breath. "I'll go with you, but I don't like fire, and I don't think I wanna meet mama dragon. So, I'll follow at a safe distance." I nodded enthusiastically.
moriarty
Dedicated Member

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next