Swimmies, possibly!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Swimmies, possibly!

Post by courier six on 8/13/2014, 11:39 am

Kennedy was just walking around. Hiking, someone could call it. Birds were chirping, whatever sky you could see through the trees was bright blue, and the lake was glittering. "The lake? Jesus, how long have I been walking?" she thought. Well, she was no squanderbird, and she wouldn't squander this opportunity. A swim would be just lovely!

Or, it would be if she had a swimsuit on her. A huff escaped her lips, and she decided that sitting on the bank would be suitable enough. There was a girl in the distance, but Kennedy didn't know her name. Honestly, Kennedy didn't even think she existed, having never seen her before.
courier six

Male
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2014-05-09

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa4-sgr1N4xp4VRBmE_pT6g

Back to top Go down

Re: Swimmies, possibly!

Post by kayla on 8/13/2014, 1:33 pm

Celaena was glad she was getting out more often after being in the forges so long. The smell of fresh air and the sounds of nature erupting all around her was so much more . . . lively than the never-ending hear and clanging noises of metal hitting metal though that was sure lively enough in its own way. She kicked a pebble near her foot and watched as it plopped in the water. She bent down in a crouch and picked through the mass of pebbles to find ones capable of skipping across the water better.

After getting what she deemed enough she stood back up, her eyes immediately taking in another girl. Celaena walked by the lake slowly, skipping rocks as she went closer to where the other girl sat. Eventually she ran out of stones and she was a couple feet away from the other girl who's name she did not know.

"Hey," She started as she extended her hand. "I'm Celaena."
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female
Number of posts : 1055
Registration date : 2013-12-01

View user profile http://www.wattpad.com/user/ReadersForLife

Back to top Go down

Post by courier six on 8/14/2014, 2:47 pm

Kennedy looked at her, analyzing and judging. She took her hand, and shook it with mild vigor. "I am Kennedy, daughter of Khione. Nice to make your acquaintance." In her peripheral vision, a heron swooped down and picked up a fish. As it took off, she continued to watch it, before returning her focus to Celaena. "Have I seen you around camp before? You seem familiar."

Was this too standoffish? Kennedy had been lectured many a times that she needed to be nicer. As to remedy the notion, she added a smile. It was still pretty cold and unwelcoming, but it was a valid attempt.
courier six

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 8/15/2014, 12:20 pm

After retracting her hand, Celaena sat down beside the daughter of Khione with at least a foot between them. Kennedy seemed rather cold but then again it wasn't as if she minded. Did she just make a pun? Get it? Cause Khione's the goddess of ice and she used cold to describe Kennedy? Okay, her inner theatrics were terrible. With this sense of humor she was never gonna become a comedian. She also found it comical that they were basically opposites we at least in parentage.

"Maybe, there are lots of campers so it's nearly impossible to remember every one of them. Most of the time I might be in the forges but occasionally you might've seen me before." Celaena replied. "Do you come to the Lake often? Seems like a good day to take a swim."
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by courier six on 8/24/2014, 1:13 pm

Forges? "So you're a daughter of Hephaestus, I assume." It's not like it was a bad assumption to make, considering it wasn't rude. The old adage "Don't assume because it makes an ass out of you and me," must have been false sometimes. Some of the dirt squished between her fingers; she was thankful for the small patch of grass that she could sit on.

"I just wander around the woods a lot. I don't necessarily come to the lake," she answered just as she was. Water lapped on the banks, making a soft swishing noise. "It is quite a lovely day, I just wish I brought a swimsuit." She chuckled at herself and her lack of preparedness.

ooc; oh man i'm super sorry this is late!! ono
courier six

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla on 8/27/2014, 10:14 pm

"Correct," Celaena grinned before it faltered and morphed into a frown. "I don't stink of oil or anything do I?"

With that thought she lifted up her arm and smelled her inner elbow to see if she stank or not. She couldn't tell. Her sense of smell towards anything that could've made her reek was probably blinded to her nose by now seeing how often that she was in the forges. That had it's ups and downs she guessed.

"Well there's always the thought of waddling in the water with your pants rolled all the way up. But then again it isn't too late to go back to your cabin and change. I mean, after all, the cabins are pretty close to the lake."

OOC: It's totally fine xD I might be a late replier too more often since school's starting and everything
kayla
Dedicated Member

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top