Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Post by Jules_Mcguelz on 9/24/2014, 6:42 pm

So, I have this weird fear of performing in front of people by myself and I freeze up, my voice gets all high and stuff, and yeah, I can hardly call the pizza place without staring at the phone for five minutes wondering if food is really worth messing up my words.

And tomorrow we have to do placements for choir (alto, soprano etc.) and I want to vomit just thinking about it. I would rather break my arm and literally thinking about trying to get out of school tomorrow just so I don't have to sing two lines of row row row your boat (I know, I'm being over dramatic). Does anyone have any stage fright tips?
Honestly, breaking my arm doesn't seem like the worst thing because I still have to do science homework that I don't understand and my computer erased an essay I worked super hard on
Jules_Mcguelz

Female
Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Choir Singing placements, science homework, and malfunctioning computers.

Post by luke skywalker on 9/24/2014, 7:15 pm

so. i have the same problem as you, so far that when i was going to perform at the kennedy centre, i was seriously considering jumping on my ankle to break it so i wouldn't have to sing.
this might not work for you, but what i try to do is trick myself into thinking that the nervous fear is actually excitement. take a deep breath through your nose, count to four in your head. hold it for about two seconds, then breathe out slowly through your mouth, counting to six this time. keep on doing this until you've relaxed a little bit. when you get up there, try to detach yourself.
i don't know if this will help you, but i hope it does, and in any case, good luck! you'll do brilliantly, sweetheart!
luke skywalker
Loyal Member

Female
Number of posts : 3323
Registration date : 2011-11-12

View user profile http://baekhyuh.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules_Mcguelz on 9/24/2014, 7:24 pm

Thanks! I'll try that!
Jules_Mcguelz

Female
Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2013-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug The Turtle on 9/25/2014, 1:29 pm

"so. i have the same problem as you, so far that when i was going to perform at the kennedy centre, i was seriously considering jumping on my ankle to break it so i wouldn't have to sing."

dONT DO IT.
Doug The Turtle

Male
Number of posts : 2313
Registration date : 2013-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum